Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

So this movie is basically Ice Age but with the roles reversed. I could dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That dinosaur movie still looks terrible to me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Asiina posted:

That dinosaur movie still looks terrible to me.
The Big Short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqG3ITMv1Q

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Big Shart.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man I so want to make a big long boring post about how I worked as a mortgage broker in college and could absolutely see the crash coming based on 2/5 ARMs with a pre-payment penalty. It might be the most boring post in this entire thread though.

Regardless I'm in on that film.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That's what happens when you have to pay 4 big stars paychecks. The wig budget plummets.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

That's what happens when you have to pay 4 big stars paychecks. The wig budget plummets.

I don't know what Steve Carrell thinks he's doing but he seems to only pick roles based on what kind of rug they'll slap on him. It's very Stanley Tucci, I like it.

kiimo posted:

Man I so want to make a big long boring post about how I worked as a mortgage broker in college and could absolutely see the crash coming based on 2/5 ARMs with a pre-payment penalty. It might be the most boring post in this entire thread though.

Just post it anyway. You know people can skip posts right?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mortgage brokers and lenders pushed like crazy to refinance everyone during the interest rate drop and sell them on consolidating their credit card debt with their equity they had built up in their house over the years. So now their new mortgage is big again and all the lenders are forcing their employees to try to put everyone on a 2/5 ARM (which makes the lenders and brokers the most money), where their note rate is fixed for two years but has a pre-payment penalty for five years. I absolutely refused to sell these mortgages and thus got fired from three different companies over the span of three years.

The problem is after the fixed rate period of 2 years, suddenly their rate fluctuates wildly (and almost always goes up) and will do so for the following three years. After three years they can refinance. I was told to tell people don't be alarmed, it was capped at 2% maximum it could go up each year. After some research I found this out to be a bullshit lie. So now people are in the situation where their mortgage payment was skyrocketing. They can't pay their mortgage but hey guess what they can't refinance again, either, because of the pre-payment penalty for five years, hence the 2/5 ARM which is an Adjusted Rate Mortgage fixed for 2 years, with a PPP for 5. Their only choice is to sell their home. But wait, what if nobody is buying? Welp, your only course of action left is to let the lender foreclose or declare bankruptcy. So you lose your home and your credit is hosed for 7 years.

You may have heard about foreclosures and bankruptcies during that time. That's a major cause for the collapse. People with iffy credit struggling to pay off their debts get loans that are a time bomb. Lenders knew that they were screwing people over long-term to help them with revolving debt in the short term. It was bullshit and I was told to let them make their own financial mistakes, it was none of my business what loan they selected. I refused. Most of these people had little to no idea what they were getting into because it was in the best interest of the brokers not to tell them the full implications of the loan. They were just rushing them through the process as fast as possible and hoping the underwriter approved and got them out the door, consequences be damned.

Pure evil.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't think that was boring at all, it's always illuminating to see the nuts and bolts of exactly how willing bankers are to trade on and promote the financial ignorance of the common person.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kiimo posted:

Mortgage brokers and lenders pushed like crazy to refinance everyone during the interest rate drop and sell them on consolidating their credit card debt with their equity they had built up in their house over the years. So now their new mortgage is big again and all the lenders are forcing their employees to try to put everyone on a 2/5 ARM (which makes the lenders and brokers the most money), where their note rate is fixed for two years but has a pre-payment penalty for five years. I absolutely refused to sell these mortgages and thus got fired from three different companies over the span of three years.

The problem is after the fixed rate period of 2 years, suddenly their rate fluctuates wildly (and almost always goes up) and will do so for the following three years. After three years they can refinance. I was told to tell people don't be alarmed, it was capped at 2% maximum it could go up each year. After some research I found this out to be a bullshit lie. So now people are in the situation where their mortgage payment was skyrocketing. They can't pay their mortgage but hey guess what they can't refinance again, either, because of the pre-payment penalty for five years, hence the 2/5 ARM which is an Adjusted Rate Mortgage fixed for 2 years, with a PPP for 5. Their only choice is to sell their home. But wait, what if nobody is buying? Welp, your only course of action left is to let the lender foreclose or declare bankruptcy. So you lose your home and your credit is hosed for 7 years.

You may have heard about foreclosures and bankruptcies during that time. That's a major cause for the collapse. People with iffy credit struggling to pay off their debts get loans that are a time bomb. Lenders knew that they were screwing people over long-term to help them with revolving debt in the short term. It was bullshit and I was told to let them make their own financial mistakes, it was none of my business what loan they selected. I refused. Most of these people had little to no idea what they were getting into because it was in the best interest of the brokers not to tell them the full implications of the loan. They were just rushing them through the process as fast as possible and hoping the underwriter approved and got them out the door, consequences be damned.

Pure evil.

I think I love you as a person. Roll on, noble goon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

kiimo posted:

Pure evil.

Thank you. That explains so much about what happened.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

kiimo posted:

Pure evil.
GOOD POST. :3:
and that's why you made a career change to movie advertising, right?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So how did you get into movie trailer editing?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Trailer is alright, but the subject matter and cast really interests me, so I'll definitely try to remember this movie.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Who's ready to be angry?

The Angry Birds Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvreP74cuw

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alehkhs posted:

The Angry Birds Movie

Oh man that's going to do great business .... if they can send it 3 or 4 years back in time.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

They've put all their chips on that movie at Rovio. They've put 100 million euros into marketing and 80 million into production, and they've already had to lay off most of their staff. If you have money and the know-how, short their stock like hell right before the movie premieres.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Should've been Flappy Bird the Movie
Make it live action and cast Johnny Depp with some contacts

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

MonsieurChoc posted:

Trailer is alright, but the subject matter and cast really interests me, so I'll definitely try to remember this movie.

The sound editing in the first 30-40 seconds is great. Kinda loses me after that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Corek posted:

So how did you get into movie trailer editing?

I was an advertising major. But who am I kidding it was straight-up nepotism.

Alehkhs posted:

Who's ready to be angry?

The Angry Birds Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvreP74cuw

My GOD. It has a 36 second button.

:laffo:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 23, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Can't fault honesty. Rock on kiimo-sabe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kiimo posted:

My GOD. It has a 36 second button.

:laffo:

Just think, somewhere your counterpart is sobbing over having to include a 36 second button.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Can't fault honesty.

kiimo posted:

Here's our trailer for Pixels...This movie is funny.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What's a button?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The part of the trailer after the title comes up. In this case, the gag with the bird getting upset at the sign.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The lack of self awareness involved with using "Bad" for trailer music is astounding

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I take back every kind thing I have ever said.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
If it's not angry birds it's mad dogs.

The Peanuts Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCoVQDD-OY

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Jenny Angel posted:

The part of the trailer after the title comes up. In this case, the gag with the bird getting upset at the sign.

I call it a stinger. Way better term than button.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alehkhs posted:

If it's not angry birds it's mad dogs.

The Peanuts Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCoVQDD-OY

Wow they added a bunch of dance crap to that. I really liked it months ago when it was bare bones but who knows how much cheesy poo poo they added.

This is also my excuse for Pixels.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You're in an industry where you can't really gently caress with your bread and butter until long after the fact. I begrudgingly respect that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

-Someone who has never watched a FF movie

5 was fairly cool, but 6 and 7 were slick but I can barely remember them. 6 had some plane thing iirc, and 7 had some cross-mountain chase? Kinda like the new MI movie, real slick as you watch but nothing of substance to remember. :/

Edit: peanuts always had dance parties. Also I thought liscening Jackson songs was hella expensive, why would they bother for the birds movie? Most kids that will see it have never heard of MJ.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 24, 2015

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

effectual posted:

Edit: peanuts always had dance parties. Also I thought liscening Jackson songs was hella expensive, why would they bother for the birds movie? Most kids that will see it have never heard of MJ.

Remember how when you were a child the kid's movies had all the kids rocking out to stuff from twenty years before they were born?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Random Stranger posted:

Remember how when you were a child the kid's movies had all the kids rocking out to stuff from twenty years before they were born?

And Bad was released 28 years ago .... checks out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember watching Back to the Future as a kid and songs like Earth Angel and Johnny B. Goode might as well have been from an ancient oldies time in the distant past.

Well that was 1955, 30 years before 1985. And guess what, it's 2015, 30 years since then. Kids today probably think Huey Lewis is from Motown or something.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Alehkhs posted:

New trailers for not one but two movies of young Jesus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EynFdirgmY

This one has Sean Bean for some reason.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kiimo posted:

I remember watching Back to the Future as a kid and songs like Earth Angel and Johnny B. Goode might as well have been from an ancient oldies time in the distant past.

Well that was 1955, 30 years before 1985. And guess what, it's 2015, 30 years since then. Kids today probably think Huey Lewis is from Motown or something.

Back to the Future II is now officially the past. :stonk:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jedit posted:

Back to the Future II is now officially the past. :stonk:

I'm still tempted to put some money on the Cubbies before the playoffs start.

And technically, BTTF II isn't officially the past until the end of next month.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Its central villain is currently a frontrunner for President of the United States of America, too! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Its central villain is currently a frontrunner for President of the United States of America, too! :haw:

Turns out that Trump has had the almanac for decades, now. Son of a bitch.

• Locked thread