Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
This bank poo poo sounds straight up illegal. I don't know if the laws are different up here or something but no bank has ever tried to just claim a deposit I made didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

blk posted:

Those of you with more cars than garage space - how do you determine which cars go in the garage? Just had a...discussion with the wife about this and am curious how other people do it.

For me, with a 2 car garage, one side is the car being worked on, the other side is the one i like the most. I prefer to use the garage as a tool rather than a storage space.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

blk posted:

Those of you with more cars than garage space - how do you determine which cars go in the garage? Just had a...discussion with the wife about this and am curious how other people do it.

Back when I had that problem, the race car went into the garage, because it was a race car with no windows or locks.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MustardFacial posted:

This bank poo poo sounds straight up illegal. I don't know if the laws are different up here or something but no bank has ever tried to just claim a deposit I made didn't happen.

Welcome to US business 101! Often, its more profitable for businesses to break the law and pay fines than to follow the law because punishment for businesses is so laughably minor here.

Regarding banks in particular, a few years ago they got slapped around regarding overdraft fees and customers now have to opt-in to overdraft protection. Before regulators cracked down the banking industry was making over $2 billion annually on overdraft fees. Since then they've had to get creative to make up that lost revenue.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I don't know how much better they are on average, but my credit union (Sunmark) has been nothing but great for as long as I've been a member. They even gave me a 0.9% interest used car loan! If you can, join a credit union, at least before the megabanks figure out how to lobby them out of existence.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yeah, when I started college an account was automatically created at their credit union and it basically just sat idle for years, until I had to buy a car and wells fargo was offering a lovely rate. So I got a car loan from them and that was still all I was using it. Then I got hosed around by wells fargo over some poo poo the CA dmv tried to pull (charging me for back registration after I moved out of state), and now I use the CU account primarily, after like 14 years of it sitting there doing nothing. Nice thing is that if I need to go into a bank to do something the credit unions in town can handle it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

We have a carport, and the Miata goes under it so I don't have to constantly put the top up and down, also it's black on black and gets REALLY loving hot in the sun and the a/c sucks. Our Camry mitigates heat much better and has ice cold a/c so it stays out most of the time, but that's just during the summer. During the winter it's first come first serve :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Turns out they dug up a one tonne unexploded Nazi bomb in my area yesterday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

88h88 posted:

Turns out they dug up a one tonne unexploded Nazi bomb in my area yesterday.

This would be better if you lived in Nebraska or something.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

blk posted:

Wife's car got on one side, I put whatever I want on my side. Currently it is the motorcycle. Sometimes it is the Suzuki Swift AND the motorcycle. Other times it is something I'm working on. Her side is for her car and the keezer.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

blk posted:

The garage is mine and the house is hers. I get to do whatever I want with the garage. Usually the e24 sits in it, but it uh, doesn't fit in there anymore...

We first said no cars in the back yard, but she's giving me the side yard, I just have to build a gate. HOA is fine with it as long as you can't see them from the street.

leica posted:

We have a carport, and the Miata goes under it so I don't have to constantly put the top up and down, also it's black on black and gets REALLY loving hot in the sun and the a/c sucks. Our Camry mitigates heat much better and has ice cold a/c so it stays out most of the time, but that's just during the summer. During the winter it's first come first serve :v:

Fix your a/c! My 1995 black on black Miata would ice you out here in the AZ heat. Sure it was absolutely disgusting when you stepped inside the car, and the little windows kinda suck, but the a/c more than made up for it.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

blk posted:

Our garage is full of beer bottles I'm too lazy to take in on one side and an old fridge, washer, dryer, carpet, I think a piece of fence, and like four bolt bins my dad gave me because he didn't want them.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Driving Anxiety

Can you maybe book a few lessons with a driving instructor to freshen up?

Or possibly better than that, are there any organisations that do advanced driving in the US (presuming you are there)? In the UK we have the IAM (Institute of advanced motorists) and others organisations which do driver training from a basic defensive driving right up to police level training.

I've been thinking of doing it myself, not because of anxiety but just to brush up on my skills and try and get rid whatever bad habits I've picked up in a decade of driving.

I read Advanced and performance driving by Reg Local recently and found it quite useful, although it is very UK centric. It's actually just a collection of pistonheads posts he made, but it's the best book on the subject I've read yet.

stump fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 23, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

This would be better if you lived in Nebraska or something.

...aside from the whole having to live in Nebraska thing, yeah.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bandman posted:

I bought the book at Target earlier today and just finished it. Couldn't put the book down. Really, really good read. Super psyched for the movie too. I read the whole thing in Matt Damon's voice in my head too.

I'm going to an advance screening on the 5th, and I'm so goddamn hyped about it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, Mister Rogers is on Netflix.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

3 more weeks until I can blaze again. Counting down the hours.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
VW counterpoint...

i drove my vw to the dealer to get a code fixed, and ended up with it needing all new turbo piping...

i guess its not really a counterpoint.

atleast the subie works great :)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Moxie Omen posted:

So I finally bought a house and moved and now have a garage and a garage catte

Congrats Moxie! You still in RVA? Let me know if you need any help with the move.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

3 more weeks until I can blaze again. Counting down the hours.

Oh good. Then we can hear about you toking it up.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Oh good. Then we can hear about you toking it up.

I for one, cannot wait.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
source

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry lemme just post about the same two model cars, cats and pizzas over and over instead.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bandman posted:

I bought the book at Target earlier today and just finished it. Couldn't put the book down. Really, really good read. Super psyched for the movie too. I read the whole thing in Matt Damon's voice in my head too.

:colbert: Getting stranded on Mars is just payback for what Matt Damon did in Interstellar.

Yes, I'm going to see the Martian. It looks awesome.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Sorry lemme just post about the same two model cars, cats and pizzas over and over instead.

okay let's talk about fuckin schoolin' our coworkers because they have no idea what they're doing, guiness, splashing pedestrians, and blazin' it all the time instead

you could always try posting in areas if you're bored :)

idk when the convo doesn't interest me i usually read goonluls in PYF or catch up on the p-lang thread in yospos

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ugh, other people are idiots, why can't they be more like me, the coolest most smartest dude on the planet?

Assholes.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I've literally never referred to myself as smart in any way. In fact I always call myself a retard or a moron.

Great now the ginger married to the tranny is hating too.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 23, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
C'mon guys, lets not turn to VWVortex or TDIClub levels of slapfighting.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

C'mon guys, lets not turn to VWVortex or TDIClub levels of slapfighting.

Yeah, you're right.

In other news, i'm in my third week of class and already burned the gently caress out

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the bickering is more entertaining than the usual content of this thread imo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

corn in the fridge posted:

the bickering is more entertaining than the usual content of this thread imo

:ironicat:

Thanks for the effortpost, I guess.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah I've literally never referred to myself as smart in any way. In fact I always call myself a retard or a moron.

You should learn to love yourself like we love you.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If you were anywhere near as eloquent as 14" you could post about whatever the gently caress you liked and no one would give a poo poo.

Instead you sound like a 17 year old trying to be edgy.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

88h88 posted:

You should learn to love yourself like we love you.

Tough love?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

SuperDucky posted:

If you were anywhere near as eloquent as 14" you could post about whatever the gently caress you liked and no one would give a poo poo.

Lol eloquent like he's read some hunter s Thompson and got some mild encouragement from a high school creative writing teacher? That sort of eloquent? Lmao

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

SuperDucky posted:

This. Again and again.

Oh and we some times break out into 3 car territory. Miatas, E30s and Crown Vic's sometimes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

corn in the fridge posted:

Lol eloquent like he's read some hunter s Thompson and got some mild encouragement from a high school creative writing teacher? That sort of eloquent? Lmao

Well, 14" does manage to not get probated repeatedly for shitposting.

So, hey, you've got a pretty low bar to meet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my favourite part is how he uses "tranny" as an insult

real champion of the proletariat there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Automatic or manual, I don't care. It's all good.

• Locked thread