Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
death proof and everything tarantino did in the last 2 decades is awful derivative crap stuffed with nothing but the easiest bite sized references for """movie buffs""" to fawn over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

newreply.php posted:

death proof and everything tarantino did in the last 2 decades is awful derivative crap stuffed with nothing but the easiest bite sized references for """movie buffs""" to fawn over

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

newreply.php posted:

shots fired

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

newreply.php posted:

same

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

newreply.php posted:

yup

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
what's this odd box in my IKEA student closet, you ask?

'tis but the collectors edition boxset of the friggin epic "Kill Bill"-saga, m'lady

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
oh look, a Jerk is detected with awful opinions

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

newreply.php posted:

Inglourious Basterds was a great goddamn movie, though.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

newreply.php posted:

'tis but the collectors edition boxset of the friggin epic "Kill Bill"-saga, m'lady

look at this nerd who has a boxset of two movies rather than the whole bloody affair :rolleyes:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

newreply.php posted:

you mouth-breathing weeaboo motherfucker

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

newreply.php posted:

do you have the moustache to go with your hipster opinions or are you just trolling?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

newreply.php posted:

lol, a movie snob in yospos

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i saw turbo kid this weekend and i liked it

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

bradzilla posted:

lol, yospos

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Stringent posted:

do you have the moustache to go with your hipster opinions or are you just trolling?

im gonna assume this is that use of the term "hipster" where the user really means "someone better looking than me"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kenny Logins posted:

i finally got around to watching the premiere last night

it was not amazing but good enough to warrant following the show for a bit

i think it's mostly the design (if not the animation) that is just so captivating. might not apply to someone who was not a youngster from 1975-1990

voice work (rob lowe, will forte, elizabeth banks) is p. deece, writing is clever enough if not really really funny in the pilot. lots of background sign gags ala simpsons
what's the show's name?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Palpek posted:

what's the show's name?
moonbeam city

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ok thanks, also from the newish animated shows bojack horseman is good

it starts like any other random animated spoof-of-a-real-tv-show show with some flat jokes but gets real pretty fast and the ending of the first season is fantastic

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

also it includes aaron paul voicing a character who is pretty much jesse from breaking bad minus the meth (+cocaine sometimes)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
comedy central still has nathan for you

and drunk history is p good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Palpek posted:

also it includes aaron paul voicing a character who is pretty much jesse from breaking bad minus the meth (+cocaine sometimes)
and who is basically utterly useless as a character

moonbeam city, despite its terrible name, will probably end up pretty gif-able. the animation itself is hot and cold in terms of technical merit but it is always pretty great to watch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I have some faith in moonbeam city if only because ugly americans was pretty funny and was also a cc joint gone too soon

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

newreply.php posted:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I've said it before but Jackie brown is Tarantino's best and last good film

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

inglourious and django were both fun to watch

if inglourious was released a year later in 2010 i'd split the difference and say yeah write off 00's tarantino, fine

but 90s tarantino is probably always going to be best. 10s tarantino is looking a lot better than 00s at least

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

taratino has awful taste in movies.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
death proof owns, inglorious owns, django mostly owns but i feel like it's like an hour too long and i really never want to sit through it again

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i saw an antonio banderas computer reaction gif that said "david cameron hosed a pig" on SA but I can't find it anymore. Anyone seent it? Asking for myself to send to a friend.

Gruffalo Soldier posted:

Let me explain in GIF form:

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 23, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

taratino has awful taste in movies.

cmon gramps, lighten up

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

django mostly owns but i feel like it's like an hour too long and i really never want to sit through it again
this is me, on death proof, almost to a t

i went with a bunch of folks in the theatre, after we all were drinking hard after a brutal exam. we were in the perfect mood for it and i don't think i'll ever bottle that lightning again

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 23, 2015

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

KoRMaK posted:

i saw an antonio banderas computer reaction gif that said "david cameron hosed a pig" on SA but I can't find it anymore. Anyone seent it? Asking for myself to send to a friend.

Gruffalo Soldier posted:

Let me explain in GIF form:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yesss thank you. Found it moments after posting. Sorry for the inconvenience and hail satan :tipshat:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

just lol if you think that movie buffs analyze references in tarantino movies or do you actually mean internet randos on cinema forums and that one inbred guy on your facebook

it's like you'd say movie buffs analyze fight club or memento, are you loving kidding me

talking about von trier and gus van sant is already faux pas for those people and they either have to get into some obscure hungarian movies or if they can't write to save their lives they go all in and fight about theories on buffy the vampire slayer (not a joke)

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Palpek posted:

just lol if you think that movie buffs analyze references in tarantino movies or do you actually mean internet randos on cinema forums and that one inbred guy on your facebook

it's like you'd say movie buffs analyze fight club or memento, are you loving kidding me

talking about von trier and gus van sant is already faux pas for those people and they either have to get into some obscure hungarian movies or if they can't write to save their lives they go all in and fight about theories on buffy the vampire slayer (not a joke)

movie analysis is a loving joke because you can take almost any hypothesis and force a film to fit the intended abstract

i managed to convince somebody that tremors was about modern feminism instead of being a dumb movie about underground aliens

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

people who dislike tarantino dislike fun

there is aid it

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
people who dislike tarantino do it because they think it makes them look sophisticated, when in reality it's like someone trying to be an art critic by getting really upset about bob ross

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Radio Paranoia posted:

movie analysis is a loving joke because you can take almost any hypothesis and force a film to fit the intended abstract
please don't summon CineD Stymie

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Bruce Campbell is the #1 reason why I've almost watched Burn Notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

i managed to convince somebody that tremors was about modern feminism instead of being a dumb movie about underground aliens

tremors is probably more feminist than noted feminist film Sucker Punch at least

• Locked thread