Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Flatscan posted:

Have I Got News For You starts next week. They'll say something, if only to take the piss out of Hislop.

And the first episode is hosted by Jeremy Clarkson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Once again, the stars align.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
ITV In the Face concludes with London and notice to Patreons that Harris is working on something new and that trailers are forthcoming.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Will they get Boris on as a guest?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yessss, new series of The Apprentice soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yessss, new series of The Apprentice soon.

I already hate the cunty one.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

TheHoodedClaw posted:

I'm sure the pigfuckers best friend and neighbour will give him a real hard time.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

You do realise thats actually SA goon Paperhouse?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

marktheando posted:

I'm sure the pigfuckers best friend and neighbour will give him a real hard time.

Well, if he doesn't then he's going to get all the grief on the show going in his direction then, isn't he? It's win-win for the viewer.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rarity posted:

It's the Apprentice, there'll be at least 4 or 5.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

Jesus, you don't want to be a female in This Is England, either you'll be raped or your husband will be killed. Meanwhile if you're a guy you basically get off being a lovable loser for the most part.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

ITV In the Face concludes with London and notice to Patreons that Harris is working on something new and that trailers are forthcoming.

And that something turns out to be a documentry about BSB which should be an intresting wee saga in of itself.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
It's fun watching repeats of Don't Tell The Bride when you know for a fact the couple have subsequently divorced. It's like a film noir.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

aga. posted:

Jesus, you don't want to be a female in This Is England, either you'll be raped or your husband will be killed. Meanwhile if you're a guy you basically get off being a lovable loser for the most part.

Yeah, I think they might be running female character gets raped into the ground by doing it over again.

Especially since it seems they're teasing exactly the same resolution to the plot, Combo being involved in killing the rapist.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think you guys are reading the plot wrong tbh

I havent taken it as her being raped at all, shes letting her life choices completely ruin her. The bit where she woke up in someones bed at the start definately wasnt (and did he strike anyone else as looking like her dad?), and the bit in the caravan I took that to be her not caring about her life anymore and giving herself up because she wanted the drugs rather than her being raped.Hence why she says "Im a slag" to Gadget rather than talking about someone raping her. Her lifes just gone in a total spin since what happened in the last season

Also I dont understand why you think they are teasing that resolution when at the moment that seems to me like two different plots. I thought Combos return is finally going to deal with the fallout of what happened with him and Milky in the original film, and how he'll struggle to be able to integrate with the woman he loves being shacked up with Woody, and how Woody deals with Combo being on the scene knowing that he sacrificed himself for Lol

It feels like theres a "Kids" story and an "Adults" story and I'm not sure they'll interact at the moment

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

Well I originally wrote abused, which all the women in that family and Trev have been in some manner. But there's definitely issues of consent with a crack fueled caravan gangbang surely. It feels like it was "easier" for her to go along with it and let it happen, especially with whatever issues she is clearly going through related to her dad. Also it's probably easier to blame herself for "being a slag" than admitting the other possibility. Not to mention if she did say something happened, Gadge and the boys would probably end up murdered by a new age pagan if they tried to do anything about it.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

aga. posted:

Well I originally wrote abused, which all the women in that family and Trev have been in some manner. But there's definitely issues of consent with a crack fueled caravan gangbang surely. It feels like it was "easier" for her to go along with it and let it happen, especially with whatever issues she is clearly going through related to her dad. Also it's probably easier to blame herself for "being a slag" than admitting the other possibility. Not to mention if she did say something happened, Gadge and the boys would probably end up murdered by a new age pagan if they tried to do anything about it.

This is England 90:

Kellie was fed drugs and had sex with while she was half out of it, while 2 other lads stood around tossing themselves off. It's clearly rape, but there's a difficulty in TV in showing how a character like Kellie would not even realise that's what had happened. She just blames herself.

I had a look at the episode guide for the past 2 seasons. Apparently the dad never raped Kellie, but was going to? Does everyone remember it that way? Trev's doing alright, considering.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Padje posted:

This is England 90:

Kellie was fed drugs and had sex with while she was half out of it, while 2 other lads stood around tossing themselves off. It's clearly rape, but there's a difficulty in TV in showing how a character like Kellie would not even realise that's what had happened. She just blames herself.

I had a look at the episode guide for the past 2 seasons. Apparently the dad never raped Kellie, but was going to? Does everyone remember it that way? Trev's doing alright, considering.

Tbh I got the impression she was going in there knowing exactly what was going on, and gave her body up for the drugs

The dad was coming onto her big time and went round and pretty much told Lol he was gonna rape Kellie, and then Trev turned up and he was pissed.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I thought the scene with Shaun and the old lass was an almost perfect recreation of two people on E. Top stuff.

she wasn't raped, she was off her tits on E and loved up. she might have what we now call behavioural problems or whatever because she confuses sex with emotion, but that wasn't rape, and I don't think Meadows intended it to look that way, either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just watched the latest episode of This Is England 90 with zero context. I cannot handle Joe Gilgun being a responsible adult.

Being too high to give consent is rape hth

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

I just watched the latest episode of This Is England 90 with zero context. I cannot handle Joe Gilgun being a responsible adult.

I didn't say she was too high to give consent. She wasn't. The scene was much more about how hosed up she is emotionally, and how her attitude to sex is negatively affecting her, and that should be really friggin obvious.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

I hope nothing bad ever happens to Woody, Lol and Milky, because they're the best.

(Bad stuff is gonna happen to them because This is England is bleak.)

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Padje posted:

It's fun watching repeats of Don't Tell The Bride when you know for a fact the couple have subsequently divorced. It's like a film noir.

Is that the wrestling one? I know that they got divorced, as did the Vegas couple from a couple of seasons back.

I'd love a catch up type show where they tell you which couples stayed together. I'm guessing that many of them would have never gotten married if it weren't for the 12k from the BBC.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

Yeah but I dont think that was the case!

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Watching Don't Tell the Bride tonight and I seriously can't believe the amount of people who don't realise Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, it's not exactly the basis for a solid marriage.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

GBBO was tense. Not much that they made looked that appetising, but I really don't like icing, so, yeah it's me, not them.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Angrymog posted:

GBBO was tense. Not much that they made looked that appetising, but I really don't like icing, so, yeah it's me, not them.

That giant tower of bubblegum and peppermint flavouring sounded pretty gross though.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

That giant tower of bubblegum and peppermint flavouring sounded pretty gross though.

It looked and sounded disgusting. Mary Berry looked like she wanted to vomit even before she tasted the bubblegum one.

Kind of sad to see Baker Paul leave, especially after last week, where he was so hilariously away in his happy place, dreamily carving fruit into swan shapes while the rest of the tent had massive panic attacks.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It really did. I don't think I'd have eaten any of the eclairs though. Nor the Technical pastry. Perhaps some of the cream horns.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 25, 2015

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

crispix posted:

I never know when it's on, either. I've missed whole series because the BBC just doesn't advertise it. I'm also not keen on the changes they've made to the show. I find the incessant music throughout the negotiations really grating and I don't rate the three newcomers. I really miss Theo the Foetus :(

I'm actually quite impressed with the new ones. I really hated Piers though so anyone is going to be better than him.
Touker is annoyingly obsessed with outsourcing but it's funny to see him trolling people. And Nick never seems to invest in anything ever.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

netally posted:

Is that the wrestling one? I know that they got divorced, as did the Vegas couple from a couple of seasons back.

I'd love a catch up type show where they tell you which couples stayed together. I'm guessing that many of them would have never gotten married if it weren't for the 12k from the BBC.

Yep, the wrestling one. They'd only been together for 9 months. Clearly doomed, but this seemed to be from a series where they wanted Wacky Weddings rather than Everything-Goes-Wrong Weddings, so they were taking anyone with a quirk.

One interesting thing with the latest series is they now show you the official wedding taking place the next day in a registry office, when the older seasons were perfectly content to let you think a concert venue had a wedding licence.

Did anyone see the one from a few weeks back with the worst ever mother-in-law? The groom was adamant he had to get married in a cave, and when the big day came around it was revealed the mother-in-law was claustrophobic and couldn't attend the ceremony. It was brilliant.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Angrymog posted:

#baeofpigs and not one of the comedy news shows are on air :(

Mock the week is on (if you still think it is a comedy show) - about half the show was pig related stuff.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I wish The Last Leg was on when it happened. They'd run it into the ground so hard but it'd still be so loving funny.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Dave Gorman's Modern Life thing is the funniest thing on tv atm I think. The latest episode about communication is top telly.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Dave Gorman's Modern Life thing is the funniest thing on tv atm I think. The latest episode about communication is top telly.

Agreed. I like his style of comedy, all the way back to his breakout namesake hunting.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The found poem this week was especially strong.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I know a couple who were gonna go on Don't Tell the Bride, unsurprisingly the producers encourage you to make stupid decisions for your wedding.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So Netflix has been confirmed as the home to 12 new episodes of Black Mirror. Details are limited, but Brooker will remain as the producer. I guess we'll either get 12 episodes reasonably close together with a wider pool of writers, or Brooker will continue to write most of it and we'll get a drip supply of episodes.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/sep/25/netflix-to-air-next-12-episodes-of-charlie-brookers-black-mirror

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I know a couple who were gonna go on Don't Tell the Bride, unsurprisingly the producers encourage you to make stupid decisions for your wedding.

Yeah, I doubt they would give you the money for a small-scale traditional wedding in the parish church and reception in the town hall. Gotta have some dumb bullshit to justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Total goonlord on First Dates this week, keeps going on about the friendzone ugh.