Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Did you play the beta?

To me on a scale of FIFA 15 passing to FIFA 16 beta passing this is closer to 15. I seriously could not complete a pass at all in the beta without using the R1 because people would rocket out to get it, and I'm not finding that to be the case in the finished version at all.

I thought the demo was fine, different, but alright.. but I was playing a CPU. I didn't have the interception problem. The problem with this game is they all seem to pivot like boats, pass like they are in the MLS, and the defense closes down even faster so that piles on with the passing.

You have to setup passes more now, which takes time, so it kills those split second decision passes often which sucks. Just my very initial impressions.

This game is going to have a huge patch within a couple weeks, no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Eggman
Sep 9, 2012

Anyone up for a game on Xbox?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

I thought the demo was fine, different, but alright.. but I was playing a CPU. I didn't have the interception problem. The problem with this game is they all seem to pivot like boats, pass like they are in the MLS, and the defense closes down even faster so that piles on with the passing.

You have to setup passes more now, which takes time, so it kills those split second decision passes often which sucks. Just my very initial impressions.

I said beta though not demo

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Curious to see what the patch will do. As-is the game is a lot harder than 15, at least for the way I play.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I can confirm that this game is Good. The AI actually being able to help defend is quite a helpful thing, it turns out.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

Demo code is old code so its going to be different to the main game

Also since you said you're playing mainly Pro Clubs then the split second decision passes should take time. Their big thing for years has been trying to stop the really fast tempo of dead on passes

T Bowl posted:

lol based on what?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

I said beta though not demo

Yeah, didn't touch it, you said it was even harder and required the driven passes almost always... still seems you need them constantly to me.

The Big Taff Man posted:

lol based on what?

It always does? duh, Taff.

Many people aren't feeling it based on reviews, same thing as last year, and they patched within a couple weeks. Still was poo poo with the defending for months though.

I am not going to say its bad but it's harder for sure.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The glorious first week of release when everyone has normal FUT teams.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

It always does? duh, Taff.

Many people aren't feeling it based on reviews, same thing as last year, and they patched within a couple weeks. Still was poo poo with the defending for months though.

There was no patch that changed the gameplay last year, you're talking bollocks again as per usual.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

There was no patch that changed the gameplay last year, you're talking bollocks again as per usual.

there was taff, they changed sprint dribbling last year

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

there was taff, they changed sprint dribbling last year

When? I just went through and looked at all the patch notes before saying that and theres no mention of that, the only patch with anything gameplay related was one in november which made changes to the shooting and goalkeeping

What exactly needs to be patched Tfowl?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Uh, most patches are based on glitches, but they totally changed the dribbling and defending post release last year.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
There are a lot of glitches noticed already that need fixed. Beyond that I think they went too far the opposite direction of 15 and will tame the passing down.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

When? I just went through and looked at all the patch notes before saying that and theres no mention of that, the only patch with anything gameplay related was one in november which made changes to the shooting and goalkeeping

What exactly needs to be patched Tfowl?

What planet are you from, there was a massive patch last year that fixed a ton of poo poo, keepers, shooting, nerfed pace and through ball success, etc. I didn't even play the game at the time and I knew that.

e: And the incremental patches kept messsing with that stuff making it slightly better.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

What planet are you from, there was a massive patch last year that fixed a ton of poo poo, keepers, shooting, nerfed pace and through ball success, etc. I didn't even play the game at the time and I knew that.

e: And the incremental patches kept messsing with that stuff making it slightly better.

That was in november 2 months after the game was released, thats not an instant patch like T fowls saying

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

That was in november 2 months after the game was released, thats not an instant patch like T fowls saying

True, but I guess I said it in the wrong way... there are glitches that need fixed. In clubs after every kickoff the game was putting me behind my own teams goal line until kickoff. The refs are real bad. In clubs I got frozen in the lobby twice as the captain and had to reset my game to do anything, I could not back out. Just a few things.

I think I will like the game more when I get use to having to press LB on any pass within 2 yards of a defender. Which is annoying because the holding A to power it up more worked fine, now you have to worry about an extra button that use to be for fancy passing.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

T Bowl posted:

True, but I guess I said it in the wrong way... there are glitches that need fixed. In clubs after every kickoff the game was putting me behind my own teams goal line until kickoff.

sounds like the game was hinting that you should be subbed off and no where near the action

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

sounds like the game was hinting that you should be subbed off and no where near the action

I was loving terrible for sure, if 15 was La Liga and 16 was the PL, i'd be Roberto Soldado right now.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I've been playing as the US Womens Team and having a lot of fun with that, although I seem to be terrible in this iteration. I'm having a lot of trouble with the perspective for some reason, where I'll think I'm covering someone but nope I'm actually 3-4 feet completely out of position and they just run right by me. Is there a better camera than the default?

Mind you I haven't played a FIFA game in a few years so it might just be rust and me being bad and not really knowing much about soccer.

I did get this video though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlzfJo0MtE

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If you haven't played for a few years, yes, you're bad.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

T Bowl posted:

If you haven't played for a few years, yes, you're bad.

Of course I am. I also know next to nothing about soccer aside from what I learn watching world cups. I'm up for advice though, so I don't suck as much.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shortspecialbus posted:

Of course I am. I also know next to nothing about soccer aside from what I learn watching world cups. I'm up for advice though, so I don't suck as much.

Play a lot of games head to head online, you'll learn. Also, if you are getting back into it, youtube some tutorial videos, they'll help a lot.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Its hilarious how many goals I've scored from people spamming the pass button out of their box under pressure and it goes right to my guy for a shot. So many people can't seem to shake their bad habits from Fifa 15.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Filthee Fingas posted:

Its hilarious how many goals I've scored from people spamming the pass button out of their box under pressure and it goes right to my guy for a shot. So many people can't seem to shake their bad habits from Fifa 15.

Yeah, you notice that one right away.. can't just blast it out of there anymore right to your forwards for a counter.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

shortspecialbus posted:

I've been playing as the US Womens Team and having a lot of fun with that, although I seem to be terrible in this iteration. I'm having a lot of trouble with the perspective for some reason, where I'll think I'm covering someone but nope I'm actually 3-4 feet completely out of position and they just run right by me. Is there a better camera than the default?

Mind you I haven't played a FIFA game in a few years so it might just be rust and me being bad and not really knowing much about soccer.

I did get this video though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlzfJo0MtE

The common wisdom in the community is to play with the co op camera and have it angled far above the pitch looking down, the benefit is that you'll have a much better intuitive perception of the position of your players on the pitch without needing to consult the minimap. Personally though I find that there are certain downsides, basically it is harder to get around a player or prevent players from getting around a defender when the camera is zoomed out so far, at least for me. So, for me it's a tradeoff, if you would prefer to play a more 'tactical game' focused on passing in attack and cover in defense you should stick with the zoomed out co-op camera, but if you want a little more control on and around the ball you might want to zoom in a bit with the broadcast-tele camera or whatever it's called.

Also, pretty much every single FIFA youtuber has a video showing off his preferred camera settings and explaining why they chose to stick with those, watching a couple of those videos could be helpful in helping you understand your own preferences.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I played some average middle eastern team on World Class and they seem to be tireless one touch wizards who can laser the ball into the top corner. By the time I get control of my dude on the receiving end of a ball on the ground the defender has already stepped in front. Whereas on my end everyone I don't control kinda hangs 8 yards off their mark. Teach me, fifa nerds.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Thanks for the advice! I'll look at some of that.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
whoever has the ability, please accept my transfer request to Parmos, name is babeitskiy

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
If you're looking for advice you're best waiting a few days for the Europeans to get it. I dont think an american has ever won a Fifa tournament on SA

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Oh yeah, you haven't even played it yet eh?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
yeah i heard they invented futbol

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you're looking for advice you're best waiting a few days for the Europeans to get it. I dont think an american has ever won a Fifa tournament on SA

Not true. I won the Euro or World Cup one from a few years ago, and I'm a terrible person American.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

I won one of the world cups or champions league things or whatever one time, also you and I got to the finals last year in the last tourney and never played so who knows what would have happened there!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

I won one of the world cups or champions league things or whatever one time, also you and I got to the finals last year in the last tourney and never played so who knows what would have happened there!

Was it you who was talking about market opportunities? On PS4 there's a big market fix opportunity for CF>ST cards right now in my opinion. I have some coins to invest and a 50 trade pile so we could try it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Well I have 4k coins so that probably isn't gonna be enough to do anything haha

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
I got 40k to blow (no FIFA points - just coin boosts and cheap teams).

I'll be up for some exploitation.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
They're going for about 300-500 it seems on bidding in the mornings. You can flip or fix it to 750-1000 in my estimation once everyone gets their coin buying out of the way (TOTW is pretty sexy this week with Martial, Bacca, Kagawa, and some other popular names). Just my two cents. I could be totally wrong.

Also IF Meier presents an opportunity, but his work rates are bad at Low/Low.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've only played a few games and spend 10k on making a cheap BPL team so I won't have any coins for a few days probably

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

thompson posted:

They're going for about 300-500 it seems on bidding in the mornings. You can flip or fix it to 750-1000 in my estimation once everyone gets their coin buying out of the way (TOTW is pretty sexy this week with Martial, Bacca, Kagawa, and some other popular names). Just my two cents. I could be totally wrong.

Also IF Meier presents an opportunity, but his work rates are bad at Low/Low.

Okay I'll start bidding for them up to 500 (bins are about 550-600 ATM as well).

Load up and save them until the weekend to sell when prices are always up due to demand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Filthee Fingas posted:

Okay I'll start bidding for them up to 500 (bins are about 550-600 ATM as well).

Load up and save them until the weekend to sell when prices are always up due to demand?

that's my plan. Shove them all on the market on friday. with enough push we can probably set the market for short periods if we try to dump them all at the same time.

• Locked thread