Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

One day I will go to a Chikara show and stalk meet Gavok.

How will you spot him among the crowd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lurdiak posted:

He'll be the guy dressed as Anti-Venom.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

He'll be next to comics writer Chris Sims.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

One day I will go to a Chikara show and stalk meet Gavok.

Well, they're doing a show the Saturday night of NYCC a few blocks away if you're going to that.

Cabbit posted:

He'll be the guy dressed as Anti-Venom.

No, you're thinking of Finn Balor.

But I probably will be cosplaying as Pentagon Jr. that night, so the color scheme will remain the same.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was making a joke about venue size drat it!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Well, they're doing a show the Saturday night of NYCC a few blocks away if you're going to that.

No, you're thinking of Finn Balor.

But I probably will be cosplaying as Pentagon Jr. that night, so the color scheme will remain the same.

I wish. Not this year but maybe next. NYCC keeps sneaking up on me and with hotel costs there I gotta plan ahead.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Endless Mike posted:

If it absorbed all kinetic energy, it would also get REALLY hot.

It catches on fire. Does that please you, Endless Mike? Has the fictional universe satisfied your lust for science enough?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Toshimo posted:

Didn't 1 guy get to be Cap because the other 30 guys trying to catch the shield broke their arm/shoulder?

I think that was Clint Barton. When Tony Stark is trying to get him to be Cap, he mentions something about people losing hands and heads trying to catch it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Endless Mike posted:

If it absorbed all kinetic energy, it would also get REALLY hot.

Cap's Shield vs the Laws of Thermodynamics is something I would read.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Thinking about Cap's shield seems like a terrible idea. I mean, if it absorbs kinetic energy, it shouldn't bounce off things like a pinball either, right? In fact, if it absorbs kinetic energy, shouldn't it also just resist any attempt to move it at all? Shouldn't it just be hanging immobile in space in the location it was originally created? :psyduck:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ashcans posted:

Thinking about Cap's shield seems like a terrible idea. I mean, if it absorbs kinetic energy, it shouldn't bounce off things like a pinball either, right? In fact, if it absorbs kinetic energy, shouldn't it also just resist any attempt to move it at all? Shouldn't it just be hanging immobile in space in the location it was originally created? :psyduck:

But sometimes it doesn't bounce and is instead embedded (destroying the computer, saving the world, etc).

You're right about thinking about Cap's shield though - it's a one-way ticket to a brain aneurysm.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Cap's real super power is the ability to move the rest of the world relative to the shield.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

What happens if the Flash is carrying Cap's shield, and runs into Cyclops' optic blast, and is on an airplane is taking off on a treadmill going the opposite direction? Also the Hulk and Juggernaut are there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

$$$$$

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Chinaman7000 posted:

What happens if the Flash is carrying Cap's shield, and runs into Cyclops' optic blast, and is on an airplane is taking off on a treadmill going the opposite direction? Also the Hulk and Juggernaut are there.

Can you record yourself saying this, like ASMR style? I can smell the YouTube ad revenue.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

What happens if Gambit tries to charge Captain America's shield?

What happens if he throws it at Bishop?

We need answers!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chinaman7000 posted:

Throw Thor's hammer into the mix whole you're at it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chinaman7000 posted:

They all make out, obviously.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Ashcans posted:

What happens if Gambit tries to charge Captain America's shield?

We need an official answer to this.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Andarel posted:

We need an official answer to this.
Pretty sure this happens in AvX #2.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/AVX:_Vs_Vol_1_2

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Endless Mike posted:

No, Claremont made it such that there's a right and a wrong choice. It was later decided that those who made the wrong choice get super powers anyway.

Don't forget the part where Lionheart isn't told what the choices represent (by Braddock, of all people, who had the choices clearly laid out to him).

"gently caress errybody!" - Chuck Austen 3:16

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ashcans posted:

If you use that reasoning wouldn't it actually (appear to) rocket off in a straight line since it would be staying put and the Earth would be moving away from it?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Throw Thor's hammer into the mix whole you're at it.

And Ultron's body.

Ultron is totally one of those villains they have to downrank the power of, because if they kept him consistent, there'd be no way to beat him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bought this dumb comic, let us check:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Don't forget the part where Lionheart isn't told what the choices represent (by Braddock, of all people, who had the choices clearly laid out to him).

"gently caress errybody!" - Chuck Austen 3:16

I can almost see where Austen might have been coming from, to be fair. "Well, it's not much of a test if you're told which is right, and who in their right mind wouldn't pick the sword unless they got told it was the correct choice?!"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaz-L posted:

I can almost see where Austen might have been coming from, to be fair. "Well, it's not much of a test if you're told which is right, and who in their right mind wouldn't pick the sword unless they got told it was the correct choice?!"

I wonder if anyone ever pointed out to him that police officers are issued guns.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Keeshhound posted:

I wonder if anyone ever pointed out to him that police officers are issued guns.

Not as standard in the UK, they're not. :D

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Angrymog posted:

Not as standard in the UK, they're not. :D

Fair enough, but they are provided with means to project force in situations where it's called for.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bought this dumb comic, let us check:

That fun fact....doesn't answer anything. So it somehow blows up but doesn't?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Choco1980 posted:

That fun fact....doesn't answer anything. So it somehow blows up but doesn't?

Looks like it carries the kinetic energy and it transfers it into the next solid object it touches. Like normal, only the shield doesn't blow up like a card would.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Reminds me of that time they had Black Bolt yell into a power amplifier to shoot Uatu-infused Doom.

Why yes, Reed and Sue are wearing "Power Optimization Vests" replete with pouches in order to power up to fight Cosmic Doom.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Why does Ben Grimm have Iron Man Face.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Flesh Forge posted:

Why does Ben Grimm have Iron Man Face.

Wolverine slashed his face. Then a robot punched it until his inside Thing bits oozed out.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaz-L posted:

I'm almost sure that Lionheart herself complains about this when she's told what the answer is. Like she says "My family were in danger. Of course I'm going to chose the Sword, to protect them."

Meanwhile Brian Braddock is just like that Kevin Prenders Sonic comic where Tails asks the godlike head a question, it's silent and then vanishes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Reminds me of that time they had Black Bolt yell into a power amplifier to shoot Uatu-infused Doom.

Why yes, Reed and Sue are wearing "Power Optimization Vests" replete with pouches in order to power up to fight Cosmic Doom.

This 90s art almost looks tolerable in pencil.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mind the walrus posted:

This 90s art almost looks tolerable in pencil.

Don't make me dig up Sue's "Milftastic 4" outfit panels. Not even pencil can save them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Toshimo posted:

Wolverine slashed his face. Then a robot punched it until his inside Thing bits oozed out.

This is an acceptable answer although visual references would help.

Toshimo posted:

Don't make me dig up Sue's "Milftastic 4" outfit panels. Not even pencil can save them.

Post that poo poo :gizz:

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Flesh Forge posted:

Oozy Thing.
This is an acceptable answer although visual references would help.

Milftastic 4.
Post that poo poo :gizz:
2 for one (sorta). Fantastic 4 #374

Then he finds a robot and uses it's head as a mask, apparently decreasing his skull size by like 80%.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
YOU WANT SOME GODDAMN PANELS?

Let's start with the holographic cover to that sicknasty issue.

Sue gets tarted up:

Skrulls happen. Reed/Sue start bickering... again...

FF has a run-in with The New FF/Defenders:

They all get yanked up to The Watcher's Citadel in The Blue Area of the Moon:

Again in Pencil:

The big reveal of Ben's face.

Ben gets his mask on.

Check out this sick 2099 reference, bro.

Super-Vests and Super-Guns, care of Reed Richards/

Then, Black Bolt does his thing.

And the next page. (Badass Sound Effects!)

Also, there's some subplot where Franklin Richards is an out-of-control toddler who knocks out his Super-Witch Nanny and his granddad from the future has to come pull him outside the timeline or some ridiculous comic bullshit.

Also, The Milftastic Sue Storm is a reference to her latest Malice resurgence during the Infinity War (Super-Nanny namedrops Malice specifically).
See Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think you're looking for the "embarrassing panels" thread.