Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Moai Ou posted:

I grabbed this code. Thank you!

Does anyone have any suggestions on storing 45s? Mine are currently in a shoebox and I was hoping someone would have some good case recommendations.

Yeah, me too. Meant to add this to my last post, thanks for reminding me. I don't like sticking them on the shelf in between the 12"s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Moai Ou posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions on storing 45s? Mine are currently in a shoebox and I was hoping someone would have some good case recommendations.

Shoebox sounds perfect but if you want something else I'm sure you could find a specialized box at an antique store or thrift store.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Chill Callahan posted:

Shoebox sounds perfect but if you want something else I'm sure you could find a specialized box at an antique store or thrift store.

Crosley makes a carrying case.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
big ups to crosley for making the best stuff in the game. love their turntables.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Moai Ou posted:

Jukebox.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

stay depressed posted:

big ups to crosley for making the best stuff in the game. love their turntables.

Agreed. I love playing my Lana Del Rey vinyls on my Cruiser.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Speaking of Lana del rey vinyls, her new one apparently costs a cool 40 bucks. Seems reasonable!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Anaranjado posted:

Speaking of Lana del rey vinyls, her new one apparently costs a cool 40 bucks. Seems reasonable!

Well you get the same booklet and photos from the CD set and that's :10bux: more, so it's a pretty good deal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

stay depressed posted:

Actually Crosly makes record players, not turntables.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Actually Crosly makes record players, not turntables.

I thought they made expensive novelty paper weights.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I thought of a reason to make one of those absurd turntables that play your records upright....To play both sides without having to manually flip. Does that weird rear end upright player even attempt that?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Screw that, where's the one that plays both sides at once?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

cosmicjim posted:

I thought of a reason to make one of those absurd turntables that play your records upright....To play both sides without having to manually flip. Does that weird rear end upright player even attempt that?

That seems like a whole lot of poo poo to go through just to be too lazy to get up once every 20 minutes.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

cosmicjim posted:

It does not, but there's an 80's Sharp vertical turntable that used to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YAmDbEuPg

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Xarthor posted:

It does not, but there's an 80's Sharp vertical turntable that used to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_YAmDbEuPg

Watching that video just makes me picture tons of angry disappointed 80s teenagers.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Darthemed posted:

Screw that, where's the one that plays both sides at once?

Just do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6iUgosEy8U

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

CPL593H posted:

That seems like a whole lot of poo poo to go through just to be too lazy to get up once every 20 minutes.

What if you're having sex

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i get it done in one side

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Ras Het posted:

smh if you don't switch up positions to match the different sides of each record you bump uglies to

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Ras Het posted:

Well, given that the typical side runs about 20 minutes, I figure I got about 19 minutes and 30 seconds of music left before I have to worry about getting up to change the sides.

That, or you put on a record with a skip in it.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Locked grooves, guys.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

cf posted:

Locked grooves, guys.

sexhaving classics such as The Beatles, Sparks, Sonic Youth,

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The new Kyoty EP has a locked channel at the end which sounds like an air raid siren. Perfect for banging to.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ras Het posted:

You can do it to ABBA's Super Trouper and get a round of applause

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ras Het posted:

I'll let you know when I have some.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ras Het posted:

NON - Pagan Muzak

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ras Het posted:

Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By is my goto if I am somehow able to avoid busting out laughing at the ridiculous sex jokes throughout the thing.

Also going through the records I inherited from my dad I listened to Chuck Mangionne and discovered it to be my parents' love record.

I haven't played it since.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Also going through the records I inherited from my dad I listened to Chuck Mangionne and discovered it to be my parents' love record.

I haven't played it since.
Which one? I hope it's the one where Shirley McClaine raps.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

curiosity bit me and I got some, made my fifty cent goodwill herb alpert trash shine

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

caligulamprey posted:

Which one? I hope it's the one where Shirley McClaine raps.

Feels So Good

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

SeXReX posted:

curiosity bit me and I got some, made my fifty cent goodwill herb alpert trash shine

wow these are absurdly expensive

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Do they actually get the dirt out of the grooves or just make the surface shiny?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
they're literally the same cloths you get with glasses (at a ridiculous markup) so i'd imagine they don't do anything other than push poo poo into the grooves. ask for one at lenscrafters and they'll hook you up i'm sure.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

stay depressed posted:

wow these are absurdly expensive

The cloths or the 50 cent Herb Alpert records?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

stay depressed posted:

they're literally the same cloths you get with glasses (at a ridiculous markup) so i'd imagine they don't do anything other than push poo poo into the grooves. ask for one at lenscrafters and they'll hook you up i'm sure.

I didn't know that's what they were. That's kind of hilarious.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
So my RR2150 just popped, started smoking, and stopped putting out a signal while I was listening to something. I bought it a long-rear end time ago off eBay so I was fully expecting to pay for repairs, but since they deal direct and my machine is out of warranty (bought in '09 off ebay) I have to mail it back to them in order to get it fixed. The kicker? When I had to go look for the serial number, it was completely blank underneath the "serial number" heading, although when I traced back the ebay sales receipt they were able to find a sale and link it back to a unit they actually sold.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I have got Jel's Late Pass and it came with a code. Already have a digital copy.

Sort of a electronic/hip-hop deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Te18mpsls

Whoever wants to grab it go for it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Whoever wants to grab it go for it

I took this, thanks for that, I didn't know Jel but that track you posted is great. Edit: this is a great album, thanks again. Especially enjoyed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfCxt4LHa0

shmee fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 26, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
meow the jewels just dropped. one pressing.

http://www.daylightcurfew.com/collections/run-the-jewels-collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

shmee posted:

I took this, thanks for that, I didn't know Jel but that track you posted is great. Edit: this is a great album, thanks again. Especially enjoyed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfCxt4LHa0

Glad you dug it. I'd look into his prior album Soft Money too.

It's a little more hip hop but less moody.