Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

My favorite type of episode are movies that are trying to be way cooler than they think they are, Like The Butterfly Effect. Also, Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back is a Must listen too. It's insane that it even exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IDEOTV is the second best podcast on the internet, after UYD

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Oh man, the Pippi Longstocking episode is top-tier.

You'll get the CHAIR Longstocking! The CHAAAAAIIIIIRRR

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They doing the Wilford Brimley "cajun" accent in Hard Target episode is some of the funniest stuff. Their Tom Berenger impression in The Substitute episode is fantastic as well.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 23, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Jimbot posted:

They doing the Wilford Brimley "cajun" accent in Broken Arrow is some of the funniest stuff. Their Tom Berenger impression in The Substitute is fantastic as well.

When did they do an episode on Broken Arrow?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigRed0427 posted:

Other great Podcasts (That I listen too) are Jimquizition (Jim Sterling mostly being weird and shooting the poo poo with Laura Kate Buzz and Gavin Dunne, who does Miracle of Sound) and The Read (Segments are This week in black celebrity culture, listener letters and The Read where the hosts yell about what pissed them off this week)

I miss Jim's old podcast with Jonathan Holmes and Conrad Zimmerman. Their chemistry was so great and it was hilarious how far off the deep end he went all the time.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
If you want a good video game nerds talking about bizarre poo poo podcast then I recommend Video Game Hot Dog. It's pretty funny and also good. A recent edition to the show is the guy who created frog fractions.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'll recommend The Read too, it's second only to WHM in terms of how funny it is. Kid Fury's reads are always a highlight, especially if it's own just random poo poo like going off on someone who annoyed him in the store or something :allears:

e X posted:

They did Hard Target.

Also the an underrated classic WHM episode was Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue. Their Alf impressions were outstanding

"Hey I got something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal messed up to show ya! A dead clown! Next I'll tell ya about Heinrich Himmler!"

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 23, 2015

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Cyron posted:

I do think he deserve some of it. Tera is a awful K-MMO with a race of 12 year old girls in simpy outfits, It is far FAR worse then anything in MGSV.

To be fair, the North American version took out the '1000' year old race. I am assuming he's referring to the NA version.

I hope he's talking about the NA version.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

e X posted:

I got my 90's shlock mixed up. It was Hard Target. I would love for them to do Broken Arrow, though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It isn't movies but I'd like to recomend the Attitude Era Podcast again: https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

Even if you have no wrestling knowledge or don't care about it, it's a really fun and funny show about the whole era where the most insane/popular poo poo took place. It's VERY easy to get into as they explain everything you need to know.

For people who want more info one of the same guys has a new show called How2Wrestling: https://soundcloud.com/how2wrestling

It's a beginner's look at ideas, stories and wrestlers in depth with someone with very little knowledge of wrestling. If you want to learn about the WWE or anything of that nature it's a really fun and enjoyable listen.

Best episodes for each
AEPodcast: Bash at the Beach 2000, Mayhem in Manchester, Wrestlemania 14, Wrestlemania 2000, Heroes of Wrestling
How2Wrestling: Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Terminology

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
WHM is great, I am havng a great time with Godzilla 98.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
While not reviews, per say, Paw's King's Quest videos are so much fun. You can tell he genuinely loves the series and he's always so enthusiastic about it. His Quest For Glory stuff is really entertaining too; it's legit nice to see people talking about something they really love.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

While not reviews, per say, Paw's King's Quest videos are so much fun. You can tell he genuinely loves the series and he's always so enthusiastic about it. His Quest For Glory stuff is really entertaining too; it's legit nice to see people talking about something they really love.

I enjoyed his Full Circle videos way back in the day

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Just to help people out in finding it, it's actually "Invisible Child". It's good though.

They do best with the genres of "The movie thinks this is sweet and quirky, but it's actually creepy as gently caress" "ridiculous action movie" and "has Jim Belushi or Wilford Brimley in it"

Wow, thanks correcting me there. Weird, they say the word invisible like 238327 times.

The Jim Belushi, Wilford Brimley and Gary Busey impressions kill me. Also, anything with an old southern gentleman character in it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Mortal Kombat reviews are great because they continually keep doing impressions of Christopher Lambert as Raiden it devolves into Peter Laurie and at one, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. When they review the second movie and Christopher Lambert is replaced, they do an impression of the new actor by making him sound like deadbeat stepfather trying to connect with his stepson and it's loving hilarious.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Also, it makes me all warm inside to know that you can drop WHM in to the thread and make everyone less angry again :unsmith:

Edit: I hope they're goons and see this

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 23, 2015

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
WHM is consistently very good. Every time they do that redneck voice I want to punch it in the face before it tells me that "all lives matter". The Flophouse edges out slightly as my favorite podcast though.

Sarcopenia posted:

I don't think any of them are. They are pretty active on Twitter though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Robert Denby posted:

WHM is consistently very good. Every time they do that redneck voice I want to punch it in the face before it tells me that "all lives matter". The Flophouse edges out slightly as my favorite podcast though.

I liked the Flophouse, but I feel like the movie has sort of become a tradition more than an actual thing they wanna talk about a lot of the time.

Another amazing WHM episode is The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human both for focusing on an insane movie and for the idea of Luke Skywalker being a redneck racist against aliens.

"CAN'T COME INTO MY BAR AND SEE THIS ALIEN, WHO IS CLEARLY A WEREWOLF."

"YOU CAN TAKE MY BLASTER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Invaded by the anime subforum, a shameful fate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Testekill posted:

Our posters are running from the thread, A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Testekill posted:

The anime wars are over. Long live podcasts.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
Podcasts can truly bring everyone together, no matter how anime they are. :unsmith:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

OldTennisCourt posted:

Another amazing WHM episode is The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human both for focusing on an insane movie and for the idea of Luke Skywalker being a redneck racist against aliens.

"CAN'T COME INTO MY BAR AND SEE THIS ALIEN, WHO IS CLEARLY A WEREWOLF."

"YOU CAN TAKE MY BLASTER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

People get on his case when he's flying his rebel flag!

Robert Denby posted:

I think Eric sometimes reads the forums. Probably not this thread, though.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Our posters are running from the thread, A SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

:mrwhite:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Sarcopenia posted:

Also, it makes me all warm inside to know that you can drop WHM in to the thread and make everyone less angry again :unsmith:

Well, that's mostly because the adtrw people stopped posting right before WHM was brought up.

I agree that WHM is amazing though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm so ducking drink right now. Ask me anything.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
So I only made it a few minutes into NC's Fury Road review because it was so embarrassingly horrible. Thoughts?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just want to read about internet reviews. :(

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 23, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Beefstew posted:

So I only made it a few minutes into NC's Fury Road review because it was so embarrassingly horrible. Thoughts?

I'm like 5 minutes in and my lord, the special effects reek of Birdemic.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Ah yes, Fury Road. That nostalgic movie from May 15th of this year.

Leal posted:

I'm like 5 minutes in and my lord, the special effects reek of Birdemic.

Yeah, I'm about five minutes in as well and he's said literally nothing except he liked Thunder Dome the best.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 23, 2015

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Alaois posted:

IDEOTV is the second best podcast on the internet, after UYD

Is there even a thread for IDEOTV? Given the episode rate, I can imagine why I can't find one, but it's one of those things that surprises me on how unknown it seems to be!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Writer Cath posted:

Man. I can never see Quest For Glory without my mind immediately going to that hentai game Retsufrash slowbeef and Diabetus did for their 500th episode.

"MY LAPTOP IS FULL OF CUM"

Alaois posted:

I enjoyed his Full Circle videos way back in the day

Were those the ones where he went through his CD collection and talked about his journey as a music fan? I liked those ones; some of the first videos he did, I think.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Good news everyone! SFDebris is coming back in a big way in October!

:toot:

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Kunster posted:

Is there even a thread for IDEOTV? Given the episode rate, I can imagine why I can't find one, but it's one of those things that surprises me on how unknown it seems to be!

Yeah, I don't think there's a thread about podcasts that discuss books. Maybe something in The Book Barn? IDEOTV is great though, I absolutely love it. I really enjoy Read it and Weep as well, but it's not a pure book podcast, even if it started that way. Turns out that reading a book for every single episode takes a lot of work, so IDEOTV might be one of the only podcasts that do it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In the interest of full disclosure, I've been reading ADTRW since 2004 and it's been terrible the whole time.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Finished those Sonichu reviews.

Haha, holy poo poo, that was amazing.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Hey poparena, I really like that you planning to pick up your pace, I really love your Animorphs reviews and I like your other stuff, too. It's a shame they don't get more attention on youtube.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every part about the website is horrible except for 1-2 threads a sub-forum, apparently this is news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Every part about the website is horrible except for 1-2 threads a sub-forum, apparently this is news?

SAL is pretty universally good.

• Locked thread