Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

I'd settle for Cryptic just making space command abilities not poo poo. It's kind of weird and annoying since the ground ones are pretty good and don't require bullshit group positioning stuff, but then the space ones have massive hassles and drawbacks for tiny bonuses. They also really show how little Cryptic actually plays and understands their own game. Reroute Power from Life Support is just embarrassingly bad and should never have made it past the drawing board with that concept, for example.

Did they shitify supressing fire? I've been using that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Did they shitify supressing fire? I've been using that.
They nerfed it a little and fixed a few bugs but it's still one of the two space command abilities worth bothering with. Even that's mostly on command cruisers where you have enough engineering slots that you won't miss one.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

Hahahaha "those loving goons how dare they use discoballs and dance at a party lets go to a bridge" *five people from the previously nearly full party turn up*

Not only that, but Grom, in his usual fashion, had another mini-meltdown on air about how NOT pissed off he was about Dental crashing his party and how he has NEVER been pissed off by us for the 3+ years we've been showing up. He then informed his fans that they should mute all the "retards" (his words) and that he would have never in a million years moved to a bridge if things were up to him but his fans kept begging him to leave.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Another day, another half-hearted ship costume.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

DonDoodles posted:

He then informed his fans that they should mute all the "retards"

But then how would he communicate with his fans in game?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

...his fans kept begging him to leave.
He should listen to his "fans" more often.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But will they make MVAM not poo poo?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cryptic really must be scraping the bottom of the barrel, I bet there's going to he a T6 D'kyr soon.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Still waiting for a T6 Klondike ship.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Cryptic really must be scraping the bottom of the barrel, I bet there's going to he a T6 D'kyr soon.

Nah, the D'kyr is cool and offers no opportunities for awful looking nacelles so that'll never happen.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

But will they make MVAM not poo poo?
Actually they fixed a lot of the bugs on it a while back, if I recall. Like they used that tech they did for the revamped saucer separation so you can move and use skills and such while it's activating/deactivating.

I mean the actual console and pets are still useless and they die instantly like all spawned pets like that, but at least it's functional. And you don't get the MVAM console with the T6 boat anyway. :v:

Mondian posted:

Nah, the D'kyr is cool and offers no opportunities for awful looking nacelles so that'll never happen.
I really like the Vulcan ship aesthetic and the D'kyr isn't completely useless after they gave it a universal seat, but I will never be able to understand why the gently caress it never got a fleet variant. They gave it a T5U upgrade, but no fleet version. :psyduck:

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Mondian posted:

There was a slightly more phallic version with three warp ring things from what I recall.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

I really like the Vulcan ship aesthetic and the D'kyr isn't completely useless

Pre-f2p it was the best sci ship around, drat shame they abandoned it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

I really like the Vulcan ship aesthetic and the D'kyr isn't completely useless after they gave it a universal seat, but I will never be able to understand why the gently caress it never got a fleet variant. They gave it a T5U upgrade, but no fleet version. :psyduck:

Look at this fed whining about not having enough ships to choose from. :gowron:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Half-Hearted how? The model looks excellent to me. They even made new escape pod textures for it.

Also Thomas doesn't make these revamped models on work time, he does it on his off time.

Though he likes working on them, so it is probably fun for him.

There is a little image selector at the bottom of the blog, you can cycle through different screenshots and click on them for a larger view.

Another Queue

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9564013-star-trek-online%3A-assault-on-terok-nor

More revamped Missions

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9561973-star-trek-online%3A-cardassian-revamp-episode-3

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9563983-star-trek-online%3A-cardassian-revamp-episode-4

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 23, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
NoP Dev 3 project is coming up for all you slackers with marks and poo poo to dump.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I want a T6 constitution class.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Axe-man posted:

I want a T6 constitution class.
Everyone wants a T6 connie. Just like they all wanted a T5 connie. Rumor is that CBS won't allow cryptic to make it, because even cryptic isn't clueless enough to ignore the demand if they're not being forced to.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well, it's not a T6 connie but it is going to be a loving disaster:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9561483

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 23, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I, for one, am disgusted there is no 3 or 5 nacelled variant to choose from.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Theta seems nice.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Just take a Connie make it bigger add like 3 extra nacelles call it the day. This is why cryptic should hire me.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Aleth posted:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/54/2e/542ec1f6e53bed7ea8a23339b67877ed1442969354.png

I dislike this one the least

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Make a double saucer ship with 4, no... 6 nacelles!

Wait why stop at 6? 8!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Delta is clearly the most horrendous best of the bunch and we should all vote for it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DancingShade posted:

Make a double saucer ship with 4, no... 6 nacelles!

Wait why stop at 6? 8!

The game will not be good until you've reached the quad saucer barrier

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
God every single design looks worse than the stupid bathtub ship.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Aleth posted:

The top profile for Gamma seems interesting. I'm shocked and excited they're actually adding a dedicated, non-furry Federation carrier. Excited enough to log in again when S11 drops.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I don't see why they don't use the Achilles class or other existing third party designs - I'm fed up of these new Cryptic designs all looking like the same ugly rear end ship with stupid nacelles.

Seriously though, what's the deal with IP rights of non-canon yet licenced-worked ships? Does CBS ultimately own the rights to ship designs as the licence holders, or does it stay with the creator? iirc the Vesta was only featured in the licensed Destiny and susbsequent series (Full Circle etc.) novels and never onscreen, yet that made it into the game.

Also I find it quite funny that the Voquv Carrier bears a strong resemblance to the Battlestar Galactica.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Just use the dang Jupiter already.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

DarkMalfunction posted:

Also I find it quite funny that the Voquv Carrier bears a strong resemblance to the Battlestar Galactica.

Huh? Did you use the short neck?

Who puts a short neck on a klingon ship?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

kafziel posted:

Just use the dang Jupiter already.

The Devs don't even like the Jupiter

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Tuskin38 posted:

The Devs don't even like the Jupiter

If ever there was proof that this was a good idea.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aleth posted:

What's with the massive boner they have for four nacelles lately.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MikeJF posted:

What's with the massive boner they have for four nacelles lately.

Goes twice as fast

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

When will they have a playable Typhoon class?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cryptic is doing Star Citizen stuff in a desperate bid for money.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They say 'Carrier'. Do they actually MEAN 'full carrier'?

I guess we won't know until they give more detail later on.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
They mean it's the perfect case to store your other starships when you travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Bloodly posted:

They say 'Carrier'. Do they actually MEAN 'full carrier'?

I guess we won't know until they give more detail later on.

We can only hope. Carrierboating is my favourite play style.

• Locked thread