Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
I'm guessing your anus is no longer bleeding, which could also lead to increased gains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

monny posted:

I'm guessing your anus is no longer bleeding, which could also lead to increased gains

ya it still kinda hurts when I sit too long though

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking of switching to a Heinz baked bean diet for a bulk.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9hebaNBRYY

kinda amazing nobody thought of this already

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

got out of the shower and was aggressively drying my hair with the towel, pinched a nerve in my neck

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I've never had one of those piston chairs that ever didn't eventually start leaking and sinking the more you use it. I can just imagine that happening to that MAXX Bench.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

FogHelmut posted:

got out of the shower and was aggressively drying my hair with the towel, pinched a nerve in my neck

That is the most un-swole thing I've ever read. Just tell people you pinched it wrestling twinks in the steam room imo.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

El Duderino posted:

That is the most un-swole thing I've ever read. Just tell people you pinched it wrestling twinks in the steam room imo.

these are just normal things you have to deal with when you're over 30

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I hurt my neck trying on a shirt once. I think I was 28 and it was the first time I truly realized my own mortality

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

soy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9hebaNBRYY

kinda amazing nobody thought of this already

That is genius.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Refried Noodle posted:

That is genius.

It only helps you in situations where not using clips or the roll of shame work just as well. If you drop the weight or your shoulder gives out you're still hosed. Just set the safeties up correctly and you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I never really got the point of clips outside huge "the weights are gonna fall off the bar with even the slightest lean" lifts anyways.

If you're having trouble with weights falling off, doesn't that mean the problem is with your form loving up, not the safety features of the exercise working as intended

how much is that bench anyways, half the appeal of kickstarter (for me) is the early bird "barely higher than the manufacturer's price" discounts, but with exercise poo poo its hard to beat craigslist

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
According to the YouTube comments it's US$450 laugh out loud.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

FogHelmut posted:

these are just normal things you have to deal with when you're over 30

I turn 31 in November :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

El Duderino posted:

I turn 31 in November :(

better get on trt before its too late, i'll be 32 in december and am pretty much screwed

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FogHelmut posted:

better get on trt before its too late, i'll be 32 in december and am pretty much screwed

I'm willing to put up with everything hurting all the time so I don't have to give up beer

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

It only helps you in situations where not using clips or the roll of shame work just as well. If you drop the weight or your shoulder gives out you're still hosed. Just set the safeties up correctly and you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars.

I think the correct solution is just don't try and bench more than you can safely roll of shame or at least have a spot.

Still, cool idea I guess. I'm sure all the mc gyms will eventually buy these.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

soy posted:

I think the correct solution is just don't try and bench more than you can safely roll of shame or at least have a spot.

Still, cool idea I guess. I'm sure all the mc gyms will eventually buy these.

That's the smart thing to do, but even a spotter won't help you if something gives out. People can't react that fast or catch something heavy moving quickly.

But yeah, having them in McGyms will be a good thing. People are stupid and need them.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Personally, I love watching retards at the gym lifting without clips while the lovely iron plates slowly slide off the bar and they struggle to stay balanced. Put on a cool face, slide the plates back on, rinse, repeat :allears:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's the smart thing to do, but even a spotter won't help you if something gives out. People can't react that fast or catch something heavy moving quickly.

But yeah, having them in McGyms will be a good thing. People are stupid and need them.

Yeah at least the spot can maybe help get he bar off your neck before you are paralyzed.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Dum Cumpster posted:

Never underestimate the desire of people to spend lots of money to not feel a moment of shame

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

El Duderino posted:

I rolled over in bed to turn off my alarm and dislocated my knee. I was so sleepy that I popped it back into place without thinking much about it.

Gave myself a lovely permanent knee condition, but you know what manages that? Muscles. You know, like the sort you get from lifting hella.

I was 26, didn't even get to play the old fart card.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
its happening, im getting addicted to DOMS, that oh-so-good soreness that your body uses to say "good lifts bro, feel the swole"

gonna end up squatting mailboxes to get my fix

actually worth reading: man Myprotein tastes nice. all three flavors (salted caramel, blueberry, chocolate smooth) taste awesome (tho chocolate smoothie is the easy winner) and mix real well. Been putting a scoop in my cereals GOTTA GET PROTEIN EVERYWHERE. a+ would buy again

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 24, 2015

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

my Manprotein tastes nice.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggMBKFnYJQ

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My inspiration.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

BoonyPC posted:

It'll be back :)

That would insinuate that I'll go running again.

Which I probably will because ladies love going for a run and don't want to hang out in gyms... :smithcloud:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ramsus posted:

I'm having the same issue of underpreforming in OHP. I think it is because I didn't have a dedicated shoulder day, so I now dedicate a day to do this workout:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/building-boulder-shoulders-lawrence-ballenger-shoulder-workout.html

I personally wouldn't do the rotator cuff, a stabilizer, before working the larger muscles and would do it after. However, if you are gonna follow that routine, at least make sure you don't exhaust the RC. He has it listed under the warm-up, make sure that's all you do, don't go overboard on the weight with it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What if you just do them on the off days?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

my left shoulder feels a bit grindy when I OHP

im 24 and dont have a history of shoulder problems

am i doing it wrong somehow or am i done 4

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

notZaar posted:

What if you just do them on the off days?

I'm sure that's fine. Personally I just do rotator cuffs last when I work shoulders. I just wanted to make sure he knew not to overdo it. Some people when they see "warmup" don't really get what warmup means, and it's important with the RC's especially to not exhaust them and then try to lift heavy poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heavy deadlift single day and one of my clients was drafted by the Bears.

https://instagram.com/p/8B5OUTpQUg/

Yeah.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah.

Noice.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

poo poo he lifted that like i lift 100 lbs, guess I'll never play 4 the bears

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
There's nothing shameful about rolling the bar off. It's better than just sitting there with it on your chest because of...pride?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah.

:golfclap:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah.

wrong shoes :spergin:

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

I just found out there is a David Barton Gym. gently caress that looks great.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Doing an extended "set" of 425lb deadlifts for 16 my first time lifting in a week was probably a Bad Idea :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Haven't done any cardio in two months, went for a 40 mile bike ride today. How many weeks of gains did I lose?

• Locked thread