Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Any goons playing on PS4 ? US or EU ?

PSN: Xs1nX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Fengrush and King Richard have apparently discovered that they live about 15 minutes away from each other and are starting to team up. They are both really good. Their streams tend to be pretty chill.

Sypher and Deltia both have a lot of info, but I don't much enjoy watching their streams.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I just got the fabulous prize for doing all 3 alliance zones. The lovely bog standard jewellery of meridia

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

vug posted:

I just got the fabulous prize for doing all 3 alliance zones. The lovely bog standard jewellery of meridia

"Working as intended." - Eric Wrobel 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wayrest and Fungal grinds got nerfed. Why?

Deltia posted about them on one of his videos.

gently caress that sperg :fuckoff:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

mfny posted:

Any goons playing on PS4 ? US or EU ?

PSN: Xs1nX

I'll send you guild invites when I get home.

EDIT: You must be on the EU servers, because I can't send you invites.

Also, for everyone (or really no one, since no one cares), I can't devote enough attention to the game anymore to run the lotto, but since only one person played, it doesn't matter. I'll still handle invites to the PS4 guilds, though, so no worries there.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 23, 2015

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

JackBadass posted:

I'll send you guild invites when I get home.

EDIT: You must be on the EU servers, because I can't send you invites.

Also, for everyone (or really no one, since no one cares), I can't devote enough attention to the game anymore to run the lotto, but since only one person played, it doesn't matter. I'll still handle invites to the PS4 guilds, though, so no worries there.

I am on EU but I can make a character on US as well, will update this post when I do. What Alliance do I need to be in ?

EDIT: Now have a character on US server.

mfny fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 23, 2015

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Lizard Pact best Pact. :toot:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I heaved my sorcerer dd's drooping bulk onto the lofty crag of vr12 the other night. At that level, is 25k max magicka, 48% spell crit, and 2k spell damage while power surge is up what you would call decent??

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is this game's community cross-platform? I'm at work so I can't research this and thinking about picking it up on the way home.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

chaosapiant posted:

Is this game's community cross-platform? I'm at work so I can't research this and thinking about picking it up on the way home.

No it's not. You should assume a game community is never cross platform because it is rare in the extreme.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
I'm in as Mesnomer (on PC). First time playing since the beta. Can't decide whether I want to go with my Argonian, Gila Grodd, or my Khajit, Mr Methistopheles. What would I miss out on by going Dominion?

Notapipe
Apr 4, 2011

100% Self-Loathing Posting

Is it viable to run a dragonknight with a bow? If so what's the best way to go about it?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I'm in as Mesnomer (on PC). First time playing since the beta. Can't decide whether I want to go with my Argonian, Gila Grodd, or my Khajit, Mr Methistopheles. What would I miss out on by going Dominion?

It's worth it to run with goons. You get a solid base of skilled no nonsense (but not elitist assholes either) pool of goons to run endgame stuff with. They may also help you while leveling up.

If you're considering on race alone, just get Imperial edition. You get a starter horse and all races unlocked for each person. For example, I'm a cat lady on EP.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Notapipe posted:

Is it viable to run a dragonknight with a bow? If so what's the best way to go about it?

Shoot them with pointy arrows and use your flappy wing ability to send projectiles back at casters.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

mfny posted:

I am on EU but I can make a character on US as well, will update this post when I do. What Alliance do I need to be in ?

Faction doesn't matter, but pick EP. I'll try inviting you again when I get home.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
The Imperial Addition gives you the ability to play an Imperial in any faction. Not other races though I think.

The Explorer Pack gives the ability to play any race in any alliance.

I think this is right.

I hope they introduce a limited mechanism for being able to switch alliances.

Also, I have now leveled several chars to around thirty, but nothing behind that. I did the content once, but now just focus on the skill point quests/dungeons and grind. Having done that, I would say don't land on any one specific build in the early game? Instead use a strategy designed to make your char viable while leveling that is focused on leveling skills.

I have found you really don't need all the available skill slots in order to level. For instance, I might place a 2H and Sword & Board skill on my second bar, even though it is a dual wield bar. Even though I can't use them it causes them to continuously level so I can switch around builds. As long as you keep your attribute focus consistent (either magika, stam or even hybrid for early leveling) this seems to work pretty well. I have to fill up the bars with useable skills for dungeons, but for solo questing/grinding it has not been an issue.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Sogol posted:

The Imperial Addition gives you the ability to play an Imperial in any faction. Not other races though I think.

The Explorer Pack gives the ability to play any race in any alliance.

I think this is right.

I hope they introduce a limited mechanism for being able to switch alliances.

Also, I have now leveled several chars to around thirty, but nothing behind that. I did the content once, but now just focus on the skill point quests/dungeons and grind. Having done that, I would say don't land on any one specific build in the early game? Instead use a strategy designed to make your char viable while leveling that is focused on leveling skills.

I have found you really don't need all the available skill slots in order to level. For instance, I might place a 2H and Sword & Board skill on my second bar, even though it is a dual wield bar. Even though I can't use them it causes them to continuously level so I can switch around builds. As long as you keep your attribute focus consistent (either magika, stam or even hybrid for early leveling) this seems to work pretty well. I have to fill up the bars with useable skills for dungeons, but for solo questing/grinding it has not been an issue.

Right. Skip Imperial Edition though, unless you have extra cown points sitting around. The only good thing about the Imperial races was the luck bonus, which jacked up the drop rate of loot, but they took that out.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think I found an interesting bug.

I run crafted armor. Until I get up to Night Mothers and Hundings I am running Nights Silence and Ashen.

Nights Silence removes the speed penalty from sneaking (which can be kind of cool).

I have it set up so I have a 5 piece on each bar. Currently Nights Silence is 5 piece on my Bow bar. Ashen 5 piece on my DW bar.

If I go into sneak on the bow bar and then switch to DW the movement penalty is still removed. I am wondering if this happens with other sets that have non-combat bonuses. Essentially it means I am getting two 5 piece bonuses while running a four piece and five piece armor set up. Probably specific to Nights Silence and Sneak.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Welp, he ended up changing a bit, but Mr Methistoffelees is now a proud member of the Ebonheart Pact and waiting for a goon invite.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you get the explorer pack today?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep. Crown store

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Welp, he ended up changing a bit, but Mr Methistoffelees is now a proud member of the Ebonheart Pact and waiting for a goon invite.

PC?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

mfny posted:

Invites sent, with no problems this time.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am beginning to have a whole bunch of mid level set pieces for dropped sets. All partial sets and I would not use them anyway as I prefer crafting. What do I do with those? Decon? Just vend them? Not likely to spend anytime hawking things over chat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Decon

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I like how they've made daedric summoning even more of a tank line in this update. Mainly how the clannfear is like a poor man's dragon blood (you pretty much need a heal that scales off your max hp rather than your spell damage). Also making thundering presence stamina-burning means i can take all my points out of magicka and into stamina (helpful because of the whole no stamina regen when blocking fiasco)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Glass and Xivkyn motifs in the cash shop today.

50 bucks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:eyepop:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bought this game for both PS4 and PC now. Cross play be damned, it's fun! So for PC, i'd be wishing to join Ebonheart Goons. I just request invite in game?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Bought this game for both PS4 and PC now. Cross play be damned, it's fun! So for PC, i'd be wishing to join Ebonheart Goons. I just request invite in game?

Post your @name

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

User ID is chaosapiant666, character name is Jee'uub. Not sure what the @ name infers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

User ID is chaosapiant666, character name is Jee'uub. Not sure what the @ name infers.

It refers to your account name (i.e. my @name is @Scyantific because that's my account login).

E: Just went into Wayrest to test out how bad the nerf to exp was after the "fix."

27 XP per kill.

Twenty-seven.

gently caress ZOS and gently caress Deltia for posting a whole video about the Wayrest grind.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 25, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Glass and Xivkyn motifs in the cash shop today.

50 bucks.

Motifs have always been a whale deal so they don't mess with the in-game economy for them.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i got imperial city. trip report: its really fun so far. also my k/d is off the chain, is that normal? i amassed about 300 tel var stones in my first outing but finally got killed (it took about 10 or so ebonheart bastards to bring me down)

the stuff you can actually buy with the stones doesn't look all that enticing though, i dunno

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

vug posted:

i got imperial city. trip report: its really fun so far. also my k/d is off the chain, is that normal? i amassed about 300 tel var stones in my first outing but finally got killed (it took about 10 or so ebonheart bastards to bring me down)

the stuff you can actually buy with the stones doesn't look all that enticing though, i dunno

Sell em. On PC it's about 100k gold per 8k stones (800 stones gets you the v16 additive/subtractive runes so 10 of em = 8k stones and each one goes for no less than 10k)

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Where should I look for advice on skills, builds and such that won't try to get money out of me? (Seriously, ityool 2015 prima-level bullshit)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Where should I look for advice on skills, builds and such that won't try to get money out of me? (Seriously, ityool 2015 prima-level bullshit)

Easiest (if not the spergiest) spot would be Deltia's Gaming.

If not just ask in game in guild chat or check out Tamriel Foundry.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Hello I'm on PS4 in EU, username dwylth. I'd love to join a guild for chat/equiment/whatever funtimes.

I play very casually due to, you know, a job and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

vug posted:

my k/d is off the chain, is that normal?

I'd say it's because of all the scrub PvE players showing up in PvP, but I'm a scrub PvE player and had the same experience. :shrug:

• Locked thread