Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
My kali-less A.Ra team took out both the no-rcv dungeons, and the tricolor was easy for... I think yamato. A. Horus took out everything else, just finished D.Iza. A. Parvati will take out Wadatsumi, and I'll see what I can do for the 99 stamina ones with A.Horus.

In other news, A.Ra is 2 skill ups from max, Horus is max skilled, and I'll have three skill ups for A.isis when Mederjera comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Jesus Christ I just want a dark mask so I can evo Diza. Wednesday dungeon why??

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Wadatsumi can go choke on a wall of dicks. Farewell 150 stamina, you will be missed.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Dante Logos posted:

I'm getting to the point where I have a ton of monsters to develop a solid stable of teams with. But I am not as competent in playing as I would like despite playing for over a year. In lieu of just posting my padherder account info and hoping for the best, I want to ask some of the more experienced people what they consider when setting up a team.

I figure that asking such a vague question is difficult enough as it is, so I want to focus particularly on awakenings and skills.

What should I look for in awakenings? Some of them are situational like bind recovery and the like, but how should I approach deciding which mon might be useful? On a per dungeon basis or can a fully synergized team that can take on multiple dungeons be developed.

Finally, what should I look for in skills? I figured that some of the skills used might help in a pinch but some stick out to me as situational. For example, DXDQ's skill changes Dark and Fire orbs to light and healing. Karin on the other hand changes the entire table to different orbs which helps a lot when the table is full of poison orbs. I noticed little things like that but I would figure that strategic use of skills can dynamically improve my game even further if I can figure out how to better figure out what skills work well together.

I look at leader skills first, check for any conditions and then see if I've got the right monsters to activate it. Example, if I've got a Devil leader, do I have enough devils to fill the whole team? If so, can I narrow down my choices to one or two colors? If I need to match certain colors, what do I have for those colors?

Then I look at actives. I'll try to eliminate any monster who's active skill prevents me from activating my leader skill. If my leader is Kirin then I don't want Ronia as a long-term solution to covering red. (I have done that when pulling a team out of my rear end, sometimes stats beat out actives early on. That wasn't the question though.) I find fast orb changers and full board changers to be the most useful in a general farming team so I like to level and skill those. Then I look at type and color buffs. Am I going to have enough of this type/color monster on my team to make it worth it? Most of the other actives are more situational (Poison, fixed damage, gravity, delay, bind clear). I see those as an answer to a specific problem in a dungeon. If that problem doesn't exist in a dungeon then I can probably find a better option. Sometimes an orb/board change is an answer to monsters changing orbs.

I think of awakenings in two groups, bonuses and answers. Bonuses are stuff like prongs, rows, orb enhances, fingers. The color defenses are bonuses for most dungeons but can be an answer now that they've introduced 100% gravity. Auto-heals are a bonus unless you're making a gimmick auto-heal/resist team. Answers are your stuff like resist poison, resist jammers, resist blind, resist skill bind, resist bind, bind clear. Basically awakenings that don't matter unless that problem exists in that dungeon.

For every bonus you give up to make room an answer, you'll need to puzzle better.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

AG3 posted:

God I hate Wadatsumi's bullshit dungeon. Finally managed to clear it, with an Awoken Shiva team of all things, just because red is the strongest team I can field except my green Awoken Parvati team (which is cockblocked by UmiYami for 10 turns due to green absorb and killing both water and heal orbs). Not the most graceful clear, but it worked out somehow. If I never have to clear it again I'll be really happy.

At least the Woodpy was worth it.

Awoken Parvati is a great way to beat Wadatsumi, so one day you won't need to worry about clearing it when it shows up in challenge descends. :)

Stalling the ten turns is surprisingly easy.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Dante Logos posted:

I want to ask some of the more experienced people what they consider when setting up a team.

I figure that asking such a vague question is difficult enough as it is, so I want to focus particularly on awakenings and skills.

What should I look for in awakenings? Some of them are situational like bind recovery and the like, but how should I approach deciding which mon might be useful? On a per dungeon basis or can a fully synergized team that can take on multiple dungeons be developed.

Finally, what should I look for in skills? I figured that some of the skills used might help in a pinch but some stick out to me as situational. For example, DXDQ's skill changes Dark and Fire orbs to light and healing. Karin on the other hand changes the entire table to different orbs which helps a lot when the table is full of poison orbs. I noticed little things like that but I would figure that strategic use of skills can dynamically improve my game even further if I can figure out how to better figure out what skills work well together.
I'm an okay player I think; beat Devil Rush first try with Awoken Ra but haven't beat Hera Rush yet and beat Hera Rush with Shiva Dragon + DIza sub. Average combo is around 6 I think. https://www.padherder.com/user/iPodschun/teams/ for my regularly-used teams.

I focus on offense, offense, and offense then figure out any defensive needs later based on the dungeon I'm going into. Generally speaking the awakenings I'm looking for are rows/prongs, skill boosts, and time-extends while with skills I want orb changing more than anything with maybe one damage boost for when I need to get rid of something ASAP or to kill off the dungeon boss. I want enough skill boosts to make sure that I'm not screwed by a bad board on the first floor.

If a dungeon has things I can't deal with through damage, then I'll figure out something different. It could be a bind clearer, a damage shield, or just different subs to raise my HP. If there's something like ultimate Beelzebub in the dungeon who turns the whole board to poison orbs, then I'll make sure fit in a full board change like a Chinese girl, Norn, or Kali (please give me a DKali, GungHo) if my base team didn't already have one.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 23, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the trick to U&Y in Wada's dungeon is to just stall out the 10 turns with a couple of defensive subs. I use Parv and DIza. A.Bastet or most other Wood teams will wreck that dungeon without too much effort as long as you've got that.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Tir McDohl posted:

Stalling the ten turns is surprisingly easy.

It is. And then you gently caress up your combo and get one-shot by their <30%HP attack. Three times in a row :suicide:

Frankly I found it easier to blast them with Awoken Shiva and just suffer through the halved damage on Siren and first half of Wadatsumi. I did clear Wadatsumi the last time it was around with A.Parvati, but for some reason I've been completely unable to stop loving up on U&Y this time.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 23, 2015

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

AG3 posted:

God I hate Wadatsumi's bullshit dungeon. Finally managed to clear it, with an Awoken Shiva team of all things, just because red is the strongest team I can field except my green Awoken Parvati team (which is cockblocked by UmiYami for 10 turns due to green absorb and killing both water and heal orbs).

It's easy with Parvati, because he just turns heart into blue, which you can turn back into hearts. He doesn't hit so hard you can't last 2-3 turns, and then make hearts when you need it. If both leads are max-skill it's really easy. If you have another heartmaker like Michael or Perseus or something, it's even easier.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I cleared three descend challenges plus Hera. I'm fairly satisfied with that. Don't think my dudes are good enough to manage any others.

Maybe I'll pick up some extra goemons while he's in town.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Really though the best way to get the Dark Mask for Ulti Evo Diza is the middle difficulty of Wednesday right? gently caress me.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Kilson posted:

It's easy with Parvati, because he just turns heart into blue, which you can turn back into hearts. He doesn't hit so hard you can't last 2-3 turns, and then make hearts when you need it. If both leads are max-skill it's really easy. If you have another heartmaker like Michael or Perseus or something, it's even easier.

But my Parvati not being max skilled is why I want to run Wadatsumi. :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That moment when you spend a good minute studying the board, getting an awesome 8 combo out of it then realizing as the combo counts you forgot to use an active so instead of blowing up Hera you just knocked her to one-shots you mode.

And that's how my morning stamina was wasted.

Haha, you're studying the board for a minute with a Ra team to kill Hera (any Hera) of all things. :gitgud: you scrub.

Protip1: Make a prong and a five combo: all Heras dead.
Protip2: Don't forget to use an active.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Am I the only one who levels up monsters that I don't use and tries to do challenging content with a team of 40's and 50's subs? I feel like every time I get a new sub I'm comfortable with a new shiny low level drops into my lap. gently caress it. I know it's not optional but I'm going to level up Zuoh, Dill Sirius, Asmodeus and Beelz as my Ronia team.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Still in pretty dire need of AMinerva friends, mine never seem to be up and she's critical to my Wed/Thurs mythical farming

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Minerva is a terrible leader for Wednesday/Thursday mythical, take literally any other mono-red leader instead and enjoy much higher damage with no tradeoffs.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
loving FINALLY beat Mephisto in the Challenge Descends. Even with my GZL bound, VIshnu and A.Meimei deal enough damage to one-shot Mephisto and Lucifer.

Now what do I spend this Badpy on?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Protip2: Don't forget to use an active.

I do this all the loving time.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
Help with an A.Ra team please. I typically run with a max skilled LKali and DKali but am never quite sure what to put in the last two spots. Things I have seen used before that I have include Kushinadahime, Sun Quan, SS Isis, Izanagi, Muse. Who are the typical go-tos for those utility spots?

Also, should I use my bubpys on SS Isis or SQ?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I did Wadatsumi with Verdandi this time. Finally an excuse to pull out Verdandi for a dungeon, having like 40k HP and heart creation on multiple actives makes stalling through Umiyama pretty easy.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Vomax posted:

Help with an A.Ra team please. I typically run with a max skilled LKali and DKali but am never quite sure what to put in the last two spots. Things I have seen used before that I have include Kushinadahime, Sun Quan, SS Isis, Izanagi, Muse. Who are the typical go-tos for those utility spots?

SS Isis is not a god. Awoken Isis is the chosen one. Don't use bubpys on either. SQ skillups are farmable from technicals and SS Isis has skillups from multiple collab dungeons.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Vomax posted:

Both of them have skill up monsters, so neither. Awoken Ra does not really need another Multiplier, so you dont really need Muse or Izanagi. x100 should be enough to kill everything, especially with a light prong and Kali. Basically the last slots are for whatever you'd need for the dungeon. SQ is great because he covers B/G, and since you don't have Awoken isis he fits that bill. That last slot is a wildcard. Put whatever you need for a dungeon in there. In a perfect world you'd have another L. Kali and an Awoken Isis but just keep using what you've got.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think you mean D Kali and Isis. Kushi is great to survive big preemptive attacks (DQ Hera) but she needs Isis as a backup to clear binds.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

korora posted:

Minerva is a terrible leader for Wednesday/Thursday mythical, take literally any other mono-red leader instead and enjoy much higher damage with no tradeoffs.

I use Ronia+ronia/Chiyome/AHorus/RChester+Minerva but my Chiyome isn't skilled up yet. I guess I could run Shiva but I often need the 5-turn changer somewhere for the first few floors of each. I don't really take any damage so the 50% reduction isn't as much of a big deal, but I need the damage modifier and the 5-turn changer. I'm working on levelling/awakening/etc an Urd I just pulled last Godfest to run Urd+Chiyome/gigas/Ronia/AHorus but it's behind a couple things in my priority list.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Both of them have skill up monsters, so neither. Awoken Ra does not really need another Multiplier, so you dont really need Muse or Izanagi. x100 should be enough to kill everything, especially with a light prong and Kali. Basically the last slots are for whatever you'd need for the dungeon. SQ is great because he covers B/G, and since you don't have Awoken isis he fits that bill. That last slot is a wildcard. Put whatever you need for a dungeon in there. In a perfect world you'd have another L. Kali and an Awoken Isis but just keep using what you've got.

I do have another DKali (max level, no awakenings, 2 skill ups, no uevo) waiting in the wings.

I also have a BL Isis and I think a sphinx and medjedra floating around so I could go AIsis and use the bubpys on her...

Shevmo
Jan 19, 2015

Vomax posted:

I do have another DKali (max level, no awakenings, 2 skill ups, no uevo) waiting in the wings.

I also have a BL Isis and I think a sphinx and medjedra floating around so I could go AIsis and use the bubpys on her...

The actual answer here is wait it out and get Ra Dragon since you have two D Kali. Two light Kali + one Dark Kali and Awoken Isis is the standard super whale team for Awoken Ra that I've seen.

Yeah, go for Awoken Isis if you can then use the bubpys on her. :) Fill your boots on whatever other thing you want in there honestly. You have all colours covered so probably Dark Kali is a great stat stick board changer to keep you covered.

I'm personally running LKali/LKali/Yomi/SQ at the moment because I'm bad at this phone game.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
Cool. Isis has been evoed and fed some skillups; now to wait for sapphire dragons to come along so she can join the big leagues.

Thanks guys!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Vomax posted:

Cool. Isis has been evoed and fed some skillups; now to wait for sapphire dragons to come along so she can join the big leagues.

Thanks guys!

We're getting Super King Carnival tomorrow, you're probably better off with that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I do this all the loving time.

I'll tell you a secret certain-kill technique from my dojo: If you use a Kali active to get a nice board it also doubles as an skill activation (!!).

Please use this power responsibly.

In other news, Z8#2 is finally done, so now I've started working on Scarlet #2. If I am going to be farming +eggs I may as well farm quality +eggs.

Vomax posted:

BG Isis, last spot is for the misc mon (defense upper, another board change, delay, etc).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 23, 2015

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, for those planning on rolling for the new pantheon (if it shows up this time), or just whaling in general, iTunes giftcards are again on sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-iTunes-Code-for-only-80-Email-Delivery/252094287048?rmvSB=true ($100 card for $80)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

two_step posted:

FYI, for those planning on rolling for the new pantheon (if it shows up this time), or just whaling in general, iTunes giftcards are again on sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-iTunes-Code-for-only-80-Email-Delivery/252094287048?rmvSB=true ($100 card for $80)

Where are the android gift cards? (like, I don't usually see them on discount) I have an apple allergy

Edit: BTW, has there been any news about kusayasakuya? I haven't been following twitter and whatnot.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 23, 2015

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Apparently I had never beat Hera-Sowilo Mythical on my alt. I guess I'll just have to Shiva through it again for the stone next time we get it.

I've been running AShiva / Cao Cao / Ronia / Ronia / Attackerasu for some of these Decendeds I don't remember how I beat the first time. I wish I had an Urd or two, maybe a Kagu but I don't want to be greedy.

I derped up on Hera-Sowilo on my main with Minerva. I guess the last time I chain ran it with her was on Legend when orbs in Legend were still a thing. I know I can beat it, I just have to play better.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Speaking of Super King Carnival, can someone take a look at my padherder and tell me if I have something to cobble together to make it worth running?

http://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Super King Carnival at a comfortable 10PM slot, Group E best Group.

And Zaerog∞ Descended in a couple of days? Time to get ready to puzzle hard and not gently caress up doing dumb things.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

Speaking of Super King Carnival, can someone take a look at my padherder and tell me if I have something to cobble together to make it worth running?

http://www.padherder.com/user/vulturesrow

It's 88 stamina to enter, you can't even run it. Do regular king carnival with your blue team instead (it's not worth it to stone at 64 stamina, imo) and put Ra somewhere in there to one-shot the boss.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah the trick to U&Y in Wada's dungeon is to just stall out the 10 turns with a couple of defensive subs. I use Parv and DIza. A.Bastet or most other Wood teams will wreck that dungeon without too much effort as long as you've got that.

I did it with Verdandi and just used her and Perseus' ability to make hearts to just wait out I&I.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh wowzaz, finished all the challenge dungeons except Wadatsumi and the 99 stam descends. Guess I'm going to be blowing all my stam on those until this ends...

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
What's a good sarasvati team look like? I was just messing around and managed to clear endless corridors with a super underleveled team in the ~40s or so with no awakenings. I don't have the clutch subs like andromeda or hatsume. The endless team I used had Blonia, Alfecca, Siegfried, and Merlin. I could also throw in Hermes/Karin/Amberjack.

Another question, lets say you make a 3-5-5 match with both 5 matches having enhanced orbs. Do you get 25 * 1.5 * 1.5x? Or is it only once?

Do sarasvati teams have trouble with longer dungeons? Even with the skyfall actives I wasn't getting that much blue; maybe I wasn't clearing enough of the board.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pankus posted:

What's a good sarasvati team look like? I was just messing around and managed to clear endless corridors with a super underleveled team in the ~40s or so with no awakenings. I don't have the clutch subs like andromeda or hatsume. The endless team I used had Blonia, Alfecca, Siegfried, and Merlin. I could also throw in Hermes/Karin/Amberjack.

Another question, lets say you make a 3-5-5 match with both 5 matches having enhanced orbs. Do you get 25 * 1.5 * 1.5x? Or is it only once?

Do sarasvati teams have trouble with longer dungeons? Even with the skyfall actives I wasn't getting that much blue; maybe I wasn't clearing enough of the board.

A typical team is one board changer (Skuld, Karin, maybe Blonia but she's kinda slow) two fast orb changers (BValk, Nut, Hatsume, etc) and some support dude, which can be something like Andromeda to attack and heal, Orochi to delay, Baggi for his defense, Isis to remove binds, Ars Paulina if you want to be a special snowflake.

You only get the extra damage once, but it applies to all your matches for that color so the 3-orb match also gets boosted if you matched five.

They can usually handle long dungeons no prob, as long as you have them fast orb changers, they are really important.

A.Karin, Alfecca, Hermes, and Sig is a decent team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

pankus posted:

What's a good sarasvati team look like?

My team is Umisachi&Yamasachi, Starling, Kamui, and Beach Urd. My most wanted sub is Nut, especially with her new ult. Sarasvati wants two things: fast orb changers and orb enhance awakenings. The current team I use has 9 orb enhances, a five turn changer, and three 8-9 turn changers. The two extra orbs from Sara's active actually really help since trash waves are usually taken care of with only two water combos. As long as you're careful with your actives, Sarasvati can clear most anything since 11 water orbs is almost always enough to kill a boss.

• Locked thread