Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Urban Wizard posted:

Got linked to this a while back and honestly wish I hadn't read it! For those of you who are unnerved by brutal murders, disembowelment, and Florida, have at it.

:nms: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sunrise-rough-sex-killing-arrest-20150921-story.html :nms:

Basically some guy in Sunrise, FL (an hour south of where I live, and a place I will happily be avoiding even more than I was before) flew into a reportedly tequila-fueled rage when his girlfriend called out her ex-husband's name during sex. And uh... did some things.

I would post a more detailed summary than that but I read it a few hours ago and don't fancy reading it again. :cry:
He opened her up and spread her guts around the apartment if any wiener was too scared to click the link (which includes no gross pics) in this pussified post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

He opened her up and spread her guts around the apartment if any wiener was too scared to click the link (which includes no gross pics) in this pussified post

I mean, I think double fisting someone and pulling their intestines out that way is a little more excessive than "opening her up". But, different strokes!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

he didn't open her up, he put his hand up an orifice and pulled her intestines out of a pre-existing hole

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

InediblePenguin posted:

he didn't open her up, he put his hand up an orifice and pulled her intestines out of a pre-existing hole

do you think the pussy leads straight to the intestines, bro?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Olewithmilk posted:

Well, I'm sure you could make a shortcut if you put in enough effort.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Olewithmilk posted:

All orifices do if you try hard enough, but there are multiple choices for fisting that aren't the vagina.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Screaming Idiot posted:

Well, I'm sure you could make a shortcut if you put in enough effort.

Don't brag about your monster dick please.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Olewithmilk posted:

Gotta get up in dem guts.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Buh posted:

It would also add no information if it was her. So she was alive and in her home town a month before she was murdered. Could have guessed that already. Unless someone can dig up a full list of named extras for the day of the scene it tells us nothing.

It's a classic bit of reddit / websleuths detective work: this is a caucasian woman with mid-length brown hair. This photo is of a caucasian woman with mid-length brown hair. QED" they must be the same person! See the Tara calico & Amy Bradley pictures. They really have no idea how many people there are in the world and how many of them look a little alike.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gotta get up in dem guts.

I'm not ashamed to admit that this made me literally laugh out loud, and, after explaining to my coworkers what I was laughing at, I'm now viewed as a monster. Hah.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Olewithmilk posted:

do you think it's impossible to put a hand in a butthole, bro?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

why is this thread so full of dumbasses

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frostwerks posted:

Don't brag about your monster dick please.

Wait, you think a penis the length of a forearm is monster-sized? Oh my poor, sweet, summer child...:laugh:

crumby
Feb 13, 2012
LOl! typical goon who dont Go The gently caress Outside and sexually desecrate women, yeah have fun jackin off to MLP!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

quote:

Lopez said he inserted his arm up to his elbow and ripped out part of her intestines, detectives said.

He carried her into the bathroom and tried to put water on Nemeth's face, but she did not wake up.
Yup, fisting.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
:stare:

Mutilation aside, it's oddly hilarious how after literally disemboweling her the dude then "carried her into the bathroom and tried to put water on Nemeth's face, but she did not wake up."

Gee I wonder why

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
OK, this discussion more than anything else makes me want to quit this thread for awhile.

But returning to topic, in my hometown in Texas a girl named Rachel Cooke went missing; I remember it well because her mom was an art teacher at the only high school in town. Her mom had a slightly split tongue and claimed that when she was a kid an uncle or something gave her an apple with a razor blade in it. Being an assholish type I told her that was an urban legend but she swore it was true. If so, she seems to have been destined for a life of spooky horrible things. Hm, that seemed more unnerving in my head and now it looks lame typed out but Jesus anything to change the subject.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought those split tongues fuse back if people didn't specifically maintain them like that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
can we keep the gore to a mininum

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kurtofan posted:

can we keep the gore to a mininum

Yeah, it's really unnerving.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

InediblePenguin posted:

do you think it's impossible to put a hand in a butthole, bro?

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Xibanya posted:

OK, this discussion more than anything else makes me want to quit this thread for awhile.

But returning to topic, in my hometown in Texas a girl named Rachel Cooke went missing; I remember it well because her mom was an art teacher at the only high school in town. Her mom had a slightly split tongue and claimed that when she was a kid an uncle or something gave her an apple with a razor blade in it. Being an assholish type I told her that was an urban legend but she swore it was true. If so, she seems to have been destined for a life of spooky horrible things. Hm, that seemed more unnerving in my head and now it looks lame typed out but Jesus anything to change the subject.

Hey, guess who's wrong about this!

It's you!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.asp

Buh
May 17, 2008

outlier posted:

It's a classic bit of reddit / websleuths detective work: this is a caucasian woman with mid-length brown hair. This photo is of a caucasian woman with mid-length brown hair. QED" they must be the same person! See the Tara calico & Amy Bradley pictures. They really have no idea how many people there are in the world and how many of them look a little alike.

They also like to read life stories into facial expressions. Look at her eyes, those can only be the eyes of someone who was sold into sex slavery. Nobody's ever taken a photo where they look angry for no reason at all.

Kat R. Waulin
Jul 30, 2012
Grimey Drawer
You know how lovely it can be when you're enjoying a lovely weekend by doing chores around the yard, and meet up with the business end of a rusty pointy thing? Then have to drop everything, and go get a tetanus shot? Here's why.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Buh posted:

They also like to read life stories into facial expressions. Look at her eyes, those can only be the eyes of someone who was sold into sex slavery. Nobody's ever taken a photo where they look angry for no reason at all.

That's right, the "I can utterly predict how a person would react / think / act / look in every circumstance and thus can unravel a case just from a photo or description". It's like they binged on the box set of "Lie to Me" and can instantly decipher any expression.

And don't get me started on their obsession with sex-trafficking and white slavery. Because if a middle class caucasian woman disappears in the wilderness or on a remote rural road, clearly she was taken by sex traffickers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

outlier posted:

That's right, the "I can utterly predict how a person would react / think / act / look in every circumstance and thus can unravel a case just from a photo or description". It's like they binged on the box set of "Lie to Me" and can instantly decipher any expression.

And don't get me started on their obsession with sex-trafficking and white slavery. Because if a middle class caucasian woman disappears in the wilderness or on a remote rural road, clearly she was taken by sex traffickers.

don't kinkshame

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

outlier posted:

Not to mention the fact that this photo of a distressed woman/this Jane Doe must be [insert famous missing person here] and not the 1000s of other people who fall through the cracks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

outlier posted:

sex traffickers.

I HATE getting stuck in sex traffic. I mean, sure, at first it's fun, it's neat, you're like 'I can do this all day!' but when you're 3 hours from home and you run out of lube, it's a rough ride, my friends.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

outlier posted:

They did lead me to learning about Lori Ruff, who is interesting because she's a rare case of a mysteriously appearing person. Weird engineer guy marries weird girl from church. Girl tells him to never open her mysterious lockbox. Weird girl kills herself and weird guy opens the box to find out that she had stolen the identity of a kid who died in 1972. Despite weird clues, nobody has any idea who she was or why she was apparently on the run for decades:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-struggle-id-mystery-woman-article-1.1383957

quote:

Nearly three years after a heartbroken Texas man buried his wife and the mother of his little girl, he still doesn't know exactly who she was.

Such is the mystery of Lori Erica Ruff, a woman who managed to fool everyone, including federal and private investigators, about her true identity before committing suicide, taking her twisted secrets to the grave.

To her husband, the tall, slender brunette was Lori Kennedy, a woman born in Arizona who had a rough childhood and didn't want to discuss her past. To anyone else who knew her before, she was Becky Sue Turner.

Both names are false.

"She created a false identity for the sole purpose of getting lost in America," stumped Social Security investigator Joseph Velling, who has been painstakingly investigating her case for the last two years, told FoxNews.com.

"It must have been for some horrific reason ... either she was running away from a crime or an abusive family or relationship," he said.

There was always something off about her. That much is known by her surviving in-laws, but everything before she moved to Dallas and married Jon Blakely "Blake" Ruff, is fabricated, with her history spanning at least four other states.

Authorities say it all started in May 1988.

An unknown woman in Bakersfield, Calif., requested the birth certificate of 2-year-old Becky Sue Turner, a girl who died in a house fire in Fife, Wash., in 1971.

The request wasn't unusual at the time and was granted, authorities say.

But one month later, this woman used it to obtain a valid Idaho identification card bearing her photo with the girl's name. The girl's parents would later tell investigators that they didn't know this woman who stole their daughter's identity when presented with her photo.

Weeks later, the woman's bizarre identity trail continued to Dallas, where she legally changed her name to Lori Erica Kennedy and applied for a new Social Security number.

Back then, as with the birth certificate record, it was far easier to apply for a Social Security number than it is today, say detectives.

"Once I have that name change and the Social Security number, I'm really a whole new person," Velling told The Seattle Times of her transformation.

She'd use this number to apply for a Texas driver's license in 1989, listing herself as 19, an age that will perhaps now forever be disputed.

She went on to attend a community college after obtaining her GED, which did not require high school transcripts, and graduated with a business administration degree from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1997.

It was several years later, at the Northwest Bible Church in Dallas, that she met Blake Ruff, describing herself as an only child to parents who had died.

She didn't want to talk anymore about her past. She said she had burned all of her old family photos to escape it, and Blake trusted her and didn't ask.

Despite his family's suspicions that she wasn't quite all there, less than a year later, they announced their plans to wed.

As part of a tight-knit family well-established in the area, Blake's mother found it difficult getting to know this woman entering her son's life, because Lori flat out refused to answer personal questions, sometimes aggressively so.

When her future mother-in-law wanted to announce their wedding in the paper, Lori refused the offer, saying it simply wasn't her style.

"She said, 'We don't do things like that,'" Blake's mother, Nancy Ruff, told The Seattle Times.

The pair instead ran off and was married in a small church outside Dallas in January 2004 with only the preacher in attendance.

But it was far from a happy ending, as the Ruffs’ relationship with Lori grew harder and harder to manage.

After several tries at having a baby, including a few miscarriages, the couple finally gave birth to a daughter through in vitro fertilization. Her difficulty with child bearing has caused the Ruffs to suspect she was older than she claimed.

She was extremely protective of her baby, refusing even to let her mother-in-law have time alone with her.

"This is grandbaby number nine!" Nancy Ruff said, upset with the odd behavior. "We're all baby people."

Tensions became stronger, and Lori eventually did not want their daughter visiting her husband's parents at all. She complained about them incessantly, Blake said.

Her husband Blake Ruff says she wouldn't talk about her past and she said that all of her family was dead. He believed her and didn't press for more answers.

Her husband Blake Ruff says she wouldn't talk about her past and she said that all of her family was dead. He believed her and didn't press for more answers.
In the summer of 2010, Blake moved out of the house and into his parents’. Soon after, he filed for divorce after unsuccessfully undergoing marriage counseling.

Lori couldn't take it.

She began sending threatening emails to the Ruff family. She made it as difficult as possible to exchange custody of her daughter, the family said.

The Ruffs even noticed one day that one of their house keys was missing, which led them to apply for a cease-and-desist order against her with a judge.

Velling believes it was the challenge of living a life of secrets and distrust that ultimately smothered her, leading to her startling suicide in the months after.

On the morning of Christmas Eve in 2010, Blake's father found her car idling in their driveway. Inside, he found her dead from a self-inflicted bullet wound.

With her, authorities say, was an 11-page letter addressed to "my wonderful husband," as well as one to her daughter to be opened when she turned 18.

"These were ramblings from a clearly disturbed person," the police report obtained by The Seattle Times read.

According to her obituary, Lori was "born July 18, 1969, she lived in Scottsdale, Ariz., and was a member of Cornerstone Baptist Church of Trenton." Her funeral was held on Jan. 3, 2011, with an outpouring of support seen throughout the community.

There's more, but the most interesting thing seems to be how dim the husband was. His wife was clearly totally crazy and hiding something huge and even now he doesn't seem to appreciate how weird that is. The article kind of seems like it's written to hide or minimize some kind of psychological problem or developmental disorder in him.

Still, this seems like one of the many mysteries that are compelling just because a few mundane facts are missing. This lady had serious psychological problems not limited to the stress of hiding her real past. Those problems probably had something to do with her either ruining her other life or being paranoid enough to feel like she had to run away. The weirdest part is that she was functional enough to make herself another identity in the first place. Yet a story like this can make the most mundane photos seem absolutely sublime, simply by saying NOBODY KNOWS WHO THIS IS:

I AM GRANDO has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Sep 23, 2015

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jack Gladney posted:

They did lead me to learning about Lori Ruff, who is interesting because she's a rare case of a mysteriously appearing person. Weird engineer guy marries weird girl from church. Girl tells him to never open her mysterious lockbox. Weird girl kills herself and weird guy opens the box to find out that she had stolen the identity of a kid who died in 1972. Despite weird clues, nobody has any idea who she was or why she was apparently on the run for decades:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-struggle-id-mystery-woman-article-1.1383957

There's more, but the most interesting thing seems to be how dim the husband was. His wife was clearly totally crazy and hiding something huge and even now he doesn't seem to appreciate how weird that is. The article kind of seems like it's written to hide or minimize some kind of psychological problem or developmental disorder in him.

Still, this seems like one of the many mysteries that are compelling just because a few mundane facts are missing. This lady had serious psychological problems not limited to the stress of hiding her real past. Those problems probably had something to do with her either ruining her other life or being paranoid enough to feel like she had to run away. The weirdest part is that she was functional enough to make herself another identity in the first place. Yet a story like this can make the most mundane photos seem absolutely sublime, simply by saying NOBODY KNOWS WHO THIS IS.

I think the article was shortened in some way--it reads more like notes or an outline than a finished article to me. I wouldn't attribute the author trying to hide anything about the husband, rather they're overworked or underproducing and couldn't give it the polish they expected on the onset.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kaizoku posted:

I think the article was shortened in some way--it reads more like notes or an outline than a finished article to me. I wouldn't attribute the author trying to hide anything about the husband, rather they're overworked or underproducing and couldn't give it the polish they expected on the onset.

I accidentally posted the wrong article, though the facts of the case are the same. This one has more about the husband:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/she-stole-anotherrsquos-identity-and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

quote:

Blake earned bachelor’s degrees in economics from the University of Texas in Austin,
in telecom management from DeVry, and worked for years on commercial accounts for Verizon. His family describes him as an agreeable guy and honest almost to a fault.

Ask him what drew him to Lori, and his answer isn’t entirely clear. “She was tall, you know, an attractive person,” he will say, and leave it at that.

His brother-in-law, an attorney named Miles Darby, says that’s typical Blake. “He does not have much of an inner monologue,” Miles said. Or, for that matter, an outer one. His speech is stilted. Ask one question and he answers another. It’s not that Blake is trying to be evasive. He’s just different.

Often, he’d follow the lead of his identical-twin brother, David. When David bought a black Tahoe, Blake did too, Miles said. And when David joined a church Bible study class and met the woman he would later marry, Miles knew where Blake was headed.

He met Lori Kennedy at the Northwest Bible Church in Dallas, and they soon began to court. “That’s the Christian term,” Blake noted. She was smart and fond of animals, and enjoyed going out for tea.

Blake’s parents were eager to meet his new lady friend, so they invited him and Lori to lunch. Tell us about your youth, Nancy asked, trying to be friendly. Your family. Tell us your story. Her parents were dead, Lori said. She had no living brothers or sisters, aunts or uncles. No one.

High school? Lori skipped straight to college. It went on like that all afternoon — Nancy asking and Lori deflecting.

The Ruffs weren’t so sure of this woman whose past was all empty spaces. But Blake didn’t seem to mind the gaps.

“Blake is the type of guy who takes everything you say at face value,” Miles explained, not unkindly.

Lori once told Blake she had destroyed all the old photos of her family because she’d had a bad life. “He didn’t follow up with the question, ‘Well, what was so bad about it?’ ” Velling said.

When Blake decided to marry Lori, Nancy wanted to put an announcement in the local paper: Blake Ruff, son of Jon and Nancy Ruff, and Lori Kennedy, daughter of … daughter of who? Lori wouldn’t allow it.

“She said, ‘We don’t do things like that,’ ” Nancy recalled.

Less than a year after they met, Blake and Lori ran off and married in a small church outside of Dallas. The only person in attendance was the preacher.

It seems perhaps as though the article is trying to be kind about a dangerously incurious guy, but I could just be bullying somebody who had something terrible happen to him because I'm doing the websleuths thing.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I HATE getting stuck in sex traffic. I mean, sure, at first it's fun, it's neat, you're like 'I can do this all day!' but when you're 3 hours from home and you run out of lube, it's a rough ride, my friends.

You aren't stuck in sex traffic, you ARE the sex traffic.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

I accidentally posted the wrong article, though the facts of the case are the same. This one has more about the husband:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/she-stole-anotherrsquos-identity-and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

It seems perhaps as though the article is trying to be kind about a dangerously incurious guy, but I could just be bullying somebody who had something terrible happen to him because I'm doing the websleuths thing.

I dunno, it doesn't strike me as terribly odd that someone doesn't press for more details about the horrible abuse someone else claims to have suffered.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

quote:

His brother-in-law, an attorney named Miles Darby, says that’s typical Blake. “He does not have much of an inner monologue,” Miles said. Or, for that matter, an outer one. His speech is stilted. Ask one question and he answers another. It’s not that Blake is trying to be evasive. He’s just different.

I'd guess autism spectrum. (I'm not pulling that out of nowhere - I have an autistic kid. Of course it's just a guess, but this rang some bells for me.)

Edit: noticed this one after I posted. Definitely ringing bells.

quote:

“Blake is the type of guy who takes everything you say at face value,” Miles explained, not unkindly.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I wonder what the letter to her daughter said. I'm sure it wasn't anything that would identify her, but neither article mentioned it. She must have been getting away from something terrible, but an Occam's Razor option is that she was really mentally ill from the get-go and wasn't hiding anything that would seem important to the rest of us.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Getting a false identity back then wasn't hard at all. If she was smart enough to get a GED and then an associates degree she was well qualified to get a fake identity prior to, like, 1990. Kevin Mitnick had the FBI searching for him and he managed it (I mean, he's a very intelligent person but the ID theft part of his life was not the difficult part of his avoiding the FBI) three or four times basically just using a phone and a library. The way she did it is common because choosing a dead person means you get to cash out on Social Security and stuff where as choosing a living one means the actual real life person might retire before you or get arrested or something.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jack Gladney posted:

Yet a story like this can make the most mundane photos seem absolutely sublime, simply by saying NOBODY KNOWS WHO THIS IS:

Hey, I think I saw her in a movie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

Hey, I think I saw her in a movie.

lol

Buh
May 17, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Getting a false identity back then wasn't hard at all. If she was smart enough to get a GED and then an associates degree she was well qualified to get a fake identity prior to, like, 1990. Kevin Mitnick had the FBI searching for him and he managed it (I mean, he's a very intelligent person but the ID theft part of his life was not the difficult part of his avoiding the FBI) three or four times basically just using a phone and a library. The way she did it is common because choosing a dead person means you get to cash out on Social Security and stuff where as choosing a living one means the actual real life person might retire before you or get arrested or something.

There was basically zero communication between states so you pretty much just needed to find the kind of scenario she used: an infant with a similar birthdate that died along with the parents in a car crash/house fire. Find one in another state and nobody will ever question.

All it would take was either a dedicated search of old obituaries to find the right target; there were probably even shady people who'd already done that bit and would sell the identities.

She also only needed it long enough to get a legal name change; after that she has an essentially legitimate identify for everything that doesn't ask for a birth certificate.

Buh has a new favorite as of 11:29 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RNG posted:

I wonder what the letter to her daughter said. I'm sure it wasn't anything that would identify her, but neither article mentioned it. She must have been getting away from something terrible, but an Occam's Razor option is that she was really mentally ill from the get-go and wasn't hiding anything that would seem important to the rest of us.

One of the articles mentioned that the letters were not coherent, and also said that she had written on every exposed surface of the house and then written right on top of her previous writing once she ran out of blank space. That was probably an unnerving house to search through.