Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is it worth dropping Golden Tate for Allen Robinson? I could also drop Donte Moncrief.

I also own Megatron, so I don't know that rostering both him and Tate is worth it in a short-bench league (4 spots).

e: I added Robinson and dropped Tate. I can think of almost zero scenarios where I'd play Megatron and Tate together in my lineup and Robinson's shown enough to me to be worthy of a spot.

RBs: Lacy*, Hyde, Murray, Coleman*, Ivory
WRs: Megatron, Marshall, Moncrief, Robinson, Dez Bryant (dead)

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

a shameful boehner posted:

Is it worth dropping Golden Tate for Allen Robinson? I could also drop Donte Moncrief.

I also own Megatron, so I don't know that rostering both him and Tate is worth it in a short-bench league (4 spots).

Robinson (for sure) and Moncrief (maybe? Luck's WR2 > Stafford's WR2) both have higher ceilings than Tate this year imo, but Tate is a nice safe low end WR2 that will explode if Calvin is injured. Sort of up to you on risk vs reward. I'd definitely take Robinson over Tate, but would probably just prefer Tate to Moncrief.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
You guys are probably right that I am shooting too high for that package. The guy that has Hill is pretty set at Wide Receiver, having ARob, Keenan Allen, Maclin, and Crabtree so I would likely have to pair Dion Lewis with another RB and the only one I can really offer would be Doug Martin.

The McCoy owner might be willing to trade since he is WR needy. Dion Lewis + Stevie Johnson for McCoy would be a good deal for me right? Currently I am trotting out Lamar Miller and Ingram.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In a .5 ppr, I shouldn't be trying to trade Dion Lewis away, right? I have Hill/Bernard/Forte/Matt Jones so it's not like I expressly need him but he's looking like the real deal, right?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

In a .5 ppr, I shouldn't be trying to trade Dion Lewis away, right? I have Hill/Bernard/Forte/Matt Jones so it's not like I expressly need him but he's looking like the real deal, right?

Right. He's going to be the Vereen-back so he'll get a lot of passes.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Unless Belichick cuts him in week 6 for no reason. NE backfield fun!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Timett posted:

Unless Belichick cuts him in week 6 for no reason. NE backfield fun!

I like to imagine they get cut because during a meeting that week they raised their hand and said "Isn't that cheating?"

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

MrSargent posted:

I need some advice guys. I have a stable of solid low 2's and high 3's and am trying to package them for a better RB. Who are some RB1's I could target offering a package of Dion Lewis + Stevie Johnson? RB's I was looking at included Matt Forte and Adrian Peterson but I have a feeling they will get rejected. The thing is, the teams I am targeting would absolutely start both Lewis and Johnson so its not that lopsided. Obviously I am trying to sell high on Lewis after his amazing first 2 games. Is there anyone else I should target? I am scared of CJA / Jeremy Hill / McCoy / Murray.

Can't hurt to try but I'm guessing most people would counter with their worst player for your whole team.

Edit: To be productive, I think you might have an outside chance at a Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Latavius Murray, or Chris Ivory with what you're willing to give up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Heads up, DeMarco owners.

DeMarco Murray left practice early with a hamstring injury.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The reason you want to trade him away is only to save yourself the frustration of trying to guess if he'll be randomly benched or not.

I almost want to bet on him getting like 5 snaps the next game, inexplicably.

Any other team, this wouldn't even really be a question/issue.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Darko posted:

The reason you want to trade him away is only to save yourself the frustration of trying to guess if he'll be randomly benched or not.

I almost want to bet on him getting like 5 snaps the next game, inexplicably.

Any other team, this wouldn't even really be a question/issue.

The answer on whether or not to trade a RB from New England is always, to me, "Did they just have a big game."

See Stevan Ridley and Jonas Gray for examples. Sell high, my friend, the bottom could drop out any minute now.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Dion Lewis is the truth, as much as I enjoy the Billy 5 Aces hates RB fumbles meme, the kid's gonna do fine. I know I beat that drum a lot in the preseason but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong here.

I don't even think Blount hurts him and in fact might help by softening up defenses while they focus on Gronk and Edelman.

Buy low if you can because of the perception with Bill.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
DeAndre Hopkins apparently has a concussion, and I am wondering if I should make any moves in case he won't start in my 3WR half PPR league. WRs are Dez, Julio, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, and now Crabtree. RBs are Gore, David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Ellington,Duke Johnson, Karlos Williams, and DeAngelo.

Best WRs are Boldin, Parker, Perriman, and Hankerson. Any moves to be made?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Dion Lewis is the truth, as much as I enjoy the Billy 5 Aces hates RB fumbles meme, the kid's gonna do fine. I know I beat that drum a lot in the preseason but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong here.

I don't even think Blount hurts him and in fact might help by softening up defenses while they focus on Gronk and Edelman.

Yeah as someone who owns Blount I'm pretty annoyed by how good Dion Lewis looks. I was hoping Blount would come back and slide right into his role at the end of last year. I mean, he still might because who knows, but it looks like Lewis is there to stay as well.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

ZIGfried posted:

Can't hurt to try but I'm guessing most people would counter with their worst player for your whole team.

Edit: To be productive, I think you might have an outside chance at a Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Latavius Murray, or Chris Ivory with what you're willing to give up.

I am the owner of Miller and Ingram. I didn't think it would be too hard to get someone to buy high on Dion Lewis + Stevie (the McCoy owner already tried to get Stevie from me for Matt Ryan). McCoy also burned this same guy last year. I wouldn't mind trading Miller to upgrade my RB slot, but his value has to be lower than Lewis right now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

In theory, he's going to be Vereen 2.0, but as anyone who has ever owned a Patriot back knows...

Generally though, only people like us that talk about this stuff all day even know or care about Pats RB usage. Most people you play with just see his stat lines and want him, so you're actually probably not getting many chances to buy low at this point.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Guy in my league wants to trade me Mark Ingram for Edelman? All the power rankings say it's smart but I am cautious. I don't have a strong WR field as it is (Hopkins, Edelman, E. Sanders, and Mike Wallace) and I've got Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, Spiller, and Blount at RB. Also picked up Starks this week off of waiver.

I'm really wondering if it is worth it at all for me to trade anything short of the obvious. I know he is up for trading A.J. Green which is more of what I need but he'll prob want a 2 for 1.

Shachi fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 23, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Shachi posted:

Guy in my league wants to trade me Mark Ingram for Edelman? All the power rankings say it's smart but I am cautious. I don't have a strong WR field as it is (Hopkins, Edelman, E. Sanders, and Mike Wallace) and I've got Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, Spiller, and Blount at RB. Also picked up Starks this week off of waiver.

I'm really wondering if it is worth it at all for me to trade anything short of the obvious.

Edelman is looking to be a top 10 receiver this year with how many times Brady is targeting him. His catch total isn't sustainable but he will still see great production with a really great floor. NO has looked shaky as gently caress and Ingram splits a lot of work with Spiller so I would be very hesitant to give up Edelman. ? Is this PPR?

With your WR's, I wouldn't do the trade.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 23, 2015

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

MrSargent posted:

Edelman is looking to be a top 10 receiver this year with how many times Brady is targeting him. His catch total isn't sustainable but he will still see great production with a really great floor. NO has looked shaky as gently caress and Ingram splits a lot of work with Spiller so I would be very hesitant to give up Edelman. ? Is this PPR?

No standard Yahoo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VDay posted:

It doesn't. ESPN's fantasy football website is stuck in loving 1997 apparently.

I have yet to click on the youtube tags, put the url between the tags like I'm told, and have anything show up other than a blank space. If someone knows how I'm :allears:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
All the "he's the next Vereen" being a positive is strange to me. Did any of you actually own Vereen last year? Dion Lewis' usage has already been leaps and bounds more encouraging than any game of Vereen's in 2014.

That said I own zero shares because I'm deathly afraid of Belanigans

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DeAndre Hopkins apparently has a concussion, and I am wondering if I should make any moves in case he won't start in my 3WR half PPR league. WRs are Dez, Julio, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, and now Crabtree. RBs are Gore, David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Ellington,Duke Johnson, Karlos Williams, and DeAngelo.

Best WRs are Boldin, Parker, Perriman, and Hankerson. Any moves to be made?

Jesus. I feel like we say this every year, but has there been a worse injury start to a season in recent memory? In the league I own Hopkins, we have fairly deep benches so the WW is pretty thin. I already have Alshon Jeffery probably out again in that league. I just blew FAAB on Cotchery before last week and he immediately suffered a high ankle sprain. If Hopkins and Alshon are both out, my options are start Devin Funchess as my WR3 or drop him or Cotchery for like Darrius Heyward-Bey. Oof.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Someone dropped Rashad Jennings in my league - is it worth putting in a claim for him, dropping Joique Bell or Karlos Williams?

EDIT: 14 team, standard

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I picked up FA Ryan Mathews in case, but someone also just dropped Darren Sproles. So now I'm not sure what lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

That said I own zero shares because I'm deathly afraid of Belanigans

I prefer Belichicanery

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Jesus. I feel like we say this every year, but has there been a worse injury start to a season in recent memory? In the league I own Hopkins, we have fairly deep benches so the WW is pretty thin. I already have Alshon Jeffery probably out again in that league. I just blew FAAB on Cotchery before last week and he immediately suffered a high ankle sprain. If Hopkins and Alshon are both out, my options are start Devin Funchess as my WR3 or drop him or Cotchery for like Darrius Heyward-Bey. Oof.

I thought I'd be walking to the championship in my dynasty league with Hill, Lacy, Miller, Dez, Demaryius Thomas, and Hopkins. It isn't exactly working out like I expected so far, haha.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

First time playing FF so idk too much about what I'm doing and I have my buddy offering OBJ and teddy Bridgewater for my Tyrod Taylor and Matt Forte.
I have Forte Lynch Ellington and Ingram for RB, James Jones, Brandon Marshall, Sammy Watkins, Moncrief and Travis Benjamin for WR and Matt Stafford and Tyrod Taylor for QB.
Standard scoring.
Save me from making a mistake

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

CanUSayGym posted:

First time playing FF so idk too much about what I'm doing and I have my buddy offering OBJ and teddy Bridgewater for my Tyrod Taylor and Matt Forte.
I have Forte Lynch Ellington and Ingram for RB, James Jones, Brandon Marshall, Sammy Watkins, Moncrief and Travis Benjamin for WR and Matt Stafford and Tyrod Taylor for QB.
Standard scoring.
Save me from making a mistake

You don't need Bridgewater so the trade is really OBJ for Forte and I don't think that's a good trade in standard when Forte is one of the few top RB's doing well. If anything I would be trying to trade Ingram and maybe Watkins for a better WR. In standard, having Lynch and Forte will go a looong way.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Hmm. is CJ Anderson a good buy-low target?

I posted a few pages back, but one guy in my league really needs RB and is trying to trade me Rodgers for Forte since I lost Romo (got Tyrod on waivers, though.) I figure I can add a depth guy and ask for CJ Anderson+Rodgers for Forte, since Anderson is seeming pretty low value ATM and the dude has him benched.

Too risk? I'm 0-2 so I should probably try to do SOMETHING...

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I would try to buy low on Anderson right now, though not in the normal way. I think two things are depressing Anderson's value: the badness of Denver overall, and the question about how secure his job is.

Taking the first factor into account (aka, pretending Hillman didn't exist), I'd buy low on Denver's offense at the right price. I just don't see Kubiak continuing with his dipshit insistence on having Peyton under center, and once they go back to the shotgun it's basically the same offense as last year, and suddenly that RB position has value again.

So if you buy the idea that Denver is due to improve shortly, buying Anderson is basically buying a coin-flip that you will get the right RB in that improved offense. I still think Anderson has a better shot at the job than Hillman, and will probably be running his rear end off this week, so it's a reasonable gamble to make.

The final thing to note is that Anderson's price is so depressed right now, and people are so down on him, that you'd probably get him for cheap. If you factor in the general fading of Denver's offense right now plus the coin-flip nature of who wins the RB job, you're talking about a seriously depressed owner who probably doesn't realize he's still sitting on some potential upside.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you have Lewis, what sort of talents are you saying No to if offered in a trade? I'm making moves this week and in one PPR league, I'm tempted to offer Abdullah for Lewis and Christine Michael. At least I think that's the most likely move on my end that could get accepted for him and I'm also kinda worried I'm not offering enough.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Tiptoes posted:

If you have Lewis, what sort of talents are you saying No to if offered in a trade? I'm making moves this week and in one PPR league, I'm tempted to offer Abdullah for Lewis and Christine Michael. At least I think that's the most likely move on my end that could get accepted for him and I'm also kinda worried I'm not offering enough.

If I owned Lewis and could get Matt Jones, Abdullah, Yeldon, Gordon, etc., I'd do it in a second. Trade theoretical upside (and gaudy scores to date) for that nice safe floor.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tiptoes posted:

I want to offer Spiller for Lewis but I need him to have a good game first.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'd do the trade for anyone FHP brought up. Otherwise I'd hold. But I also love Lewis so I'm a bit biased.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Guess I'm a true believer then. He's just playing too well in an offense that goes into every game wanting to score 40. I think Lewis can be a real difference maker this year in PPR leagues. I wish I could get him for less than Abdullah but after thinking it over, I realized I do like him more.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

I wish I could get him for less than Abdullah but after thinking it over, I realized I do like him more.

:stare:

Well uuh, let us know how that works out for you.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I picked up Lewis for $51/300 for the sole purpose of trying to sell him to the guys I outbid

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
Which of these three defenses would be the best streaming option? Pittsburgh, Atlanta, or Green Bay? I'm leaning Pitt but Atlanta is tempting because Dallas seems to be crippled right now.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Ty1990 posted:

Would you guys drop Vinatari for Josh Brown

I just did this exact thing this morning.

"Just a kicker" is usually the thought, but when one guy is averaging .5 extra points a game vs a guy averaging double digits, you gotta make a move. And Vinateri is just a kicker, so don't feel reluctant to drop him. Colts are sucking and he's a very old man who missed a 29 yarder last game out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Guy in my work league just offered me DeMarco Murray for Greg Olsen.

Of course I accepted, but my radar is so far off this year this will probably win the title for that taco.

I can't wait to see the red faces from the rest of the league.

• Locked thread