Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Remember when posters here were saying that mailgate was 'astroturfed' and that it wouldn't hurt Hillary because no one in the real world cared about it?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/23/book-hillary-berated-obama-at-closed-door-email-meeting/

quote:

Hillary Berated Obama At Closed-Door Email Meeting: ‘Call Off Your F****g Dogs!’

quote:

“There is nothing I can do for you one way or another. Things have been set in motion, and I can’t and won’t interfere. Your problems are, frankly, of your own making,” Obama said before being interrupted by Clinton asserting that “there are always haters out there to get the Clintons.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Joementum posted:

His draft dodging past could be exploited by the Clintons though, or perhaps Trump.
Hillary was exempt from the draft by reason of gender. Didn't Bill also dodge it? Meanwhile I don't know what Trump did.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Joementum posted:

His draft dodging past could be exploited by the Clintons though, or perhaps Trump.

But Bill and Donald were draft dodgers too...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Narciss posted:

Remember when posters here were saying that mailgate was 'astroturfed' and that it wouldn't hurt Hillary because no one in the real world cared about it?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/23/book-hillary-berated-obama-at-closed-door-email-meeting/

In case people don't want to click, it's an article about the Ed Klein book. Feel free to ignore.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I wonder whether Joementum realizes his mistake.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Narciss posted:

Remember when the only website promoting that book is Drudge?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Narciss posted:

It's interesting how every part of this post is a non-sequitur.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

In case people don't want to click, it's an article about the Ed Klein book. Feel free to ignore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Klein#Questions_of_credibility_of_sources_in_work

Sometimes I wonder if Narcis will ever not be a failure

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

What, you don't think Hillary Clinton goes around complaining of haters?

That book is a joke.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hillary's campaign spokesman had a good line today: "Ed Klein has less credibility than he has hair."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What is Ed Klein's claim to fame and reason anybody should give him money or press headlines?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mitt Romney posted:

What, you don't think Hillary Clinton goes around complaining of haters?

That book is a joke.

Of course it's a joke. That won't stop the major news channels from reporting on it.

zen death robot posted:

I like how Hilary is dropping f-bombs and saying "haters" while Obama is quoted speaking like a Bond villain.

Or Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons, "It's beyond my control"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense posted:

What is Ed Klein's claim to fame and reason anybody should give him money or press headlines?

He writes books that conservatives want to be true.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dante80 posted:

There is a funny story about that, don't know if its true though.

Sanders applied become a conscientious objector in Vietnam (which I think I read somewhere that it was the absolute worst form of trying to dodge a draft - if he just wanted to dodge it), but his application was turned down because he was not deemed a pacifist, but only objecting to the Vietnam war in particular. By the time the thing resolved, he was too old to join or sth like that. He was a political and anti-war activist in the 60's and 70's.

His vote record is the following

1. Gulf war against
2. Kosovo for
3. Afghanistan for
4. 2nd Gulf war against
If I recall right, one of Bernie's staffers resigned over that Yugoslavia/Kosovo yes vote.

Although given that Kosovo is basically independent now, Bernie's yes vote probably isn't gonna be brought up as any sort of liability against him. (Unless Kosovo's organ-trafficking former Prime Minister gets in the news again for whatever reason.)

fade5 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 24, 2015

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
FOX News poll:

Clinton 44%
Sanders 30%
Biden 18%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 1%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Without Biden:

Clinton 56%
Sanders 32%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 2%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Trump 26%
Carson 18%
Fiorina 9%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 8%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Kasich 4%
Huckabee 3%
Paul 2%
Pataki 1%
Gilmore, Santorum, Jindal, Graham 0%

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I think that Graham may be next.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Hard Hitting Journalism from The New York Post

quote:

“For the first time since I’ve known her, she’s showing self-doubt about her strength and vitality,” a friend of Clinton’s allegedly told Klein, who has written about the Obamas and Kennedys in the past.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Patter Song posted:

FOX News poll:

Clinton 44%
Sanders 30%
Biden 18%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 1%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Without Biden:

Clinton 56%
Sanders 32%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 2%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Trump 26%
Carson 18%
Fiorina 9%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 8%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Kasich 4%
Huckabee 3%
Paul 2%
Pataki 1%

I want to punch whoever's pulling for Webb.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Patter Song posted:

FOX News poll:

Clinton 44%
Sanders 30%
Biden 18%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 1%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Without Biden:

Clinton 56%
Sanders 32%
O’Malley 2%
Webb 2%
Lessig, Chafee 0%

Trump 26%
Carson 18%
Fiorina 9%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 8%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Kasich 4%
Huckabee 3%
Paul 2%
Pataki 1%

Hmmm would seem the Fiorina bump was manufactured/overrated

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dahn posted:

Hmmm would seem the Fiorina bump was manufactured/overrated

That's because she is skynet and manufacturing is how baby robots are made.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

zen death robot posted:

I like how Hilary is dropping f-bombs and saying "haters" while Obama is quoted speaking like a Bond villain.

oh my god I thought you guys were overblowing this but lol what the HELL man

I bet that Hillary is the kind of person who sneers disdainfully whenever her staffers use the phrase "haters". I cannot imagine Hillary loving Clinton saying the phrase "haters" within a hundred feet of anyone capable of reporting it to the public sphere. (unless focus groups specifically considered haters appropriate terminology for a specific appearance)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

FOX News poll:

Trump 26%
Carson 18%
Fiorina 9%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 8%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Kasich 4%
Huckabee 3%
Paul 2%
Pataki 1%

Trump + 1, Carson + 6, Fiorina +4, Rubio +5

Everyone else has dropped points.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
"Do you expect me to talk!?"

"No Mrs. Clinton I expect you to die."

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

That's because she is skynet and manufacturing is how baby robots are made.

Heh, she couldn't cut her way out of a paper bag, with chainsaw and a blowtorch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I do believe she's probably dropped a few F-Bombs though

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

It's been said a million times before, but polls are really weird this early in the game and I don't know why I keep checking them all out.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Senf posted:

It's been said a million times before, but polls are really weird this early in the game and I don't know why I keep checking them all out.

Because it's fun

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

Because it's fun

Oh yeah.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

A draft dodger as President? :ohdear:

I know. This motherfucker should have secure a no show national guard post and spent his weekends hoovering blow off any rear end he could find instead of working for social justice.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Senf posted:

They're weird, but there's been a general consistency to most of them. Prior to the second debate it was Trump and Carson leading the pack, with Cruz and Jeb! generally pulling in high single digit levels of support (but still below Ron Paul levels:v:). Post second debate, it's Trump, Carson, Fiorina, Rubio, Jeb!, and Cruz as the top 6, and a bunch of hanger-ons.

Patter Song posted:

Trump 26%
Carson 18%
Fiorina 9%
Rubio 9%
Cruz 8%
Bush 7%
Trump still leads the pack, Carson's still next, Fiorina's place fluctuates between tying with Carson and being with the rest of the (single digit) pack, and then you've still got the rest of the high single-digit pack: Jeb! and Cruz, with new addition Rubio.

The polls are only weird if you're waiting for the insanity of Trump leading the pack to stop. If you embrace the madness of possible Republican nominee Trump it makes more sense, while at the same time being completely insane, because "possible Republican nominee Trump".

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 24, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zen death robot posted:

Yeah but probably not while asking the president to cut her a favor

Maybe Obama doesn't mind. He did hire Rahm Emmanuel as his first Chief of Staff.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

fade5 posted:

If you embrace the madness of possible Republican nominee Trump it makes more sense, while at the same time being completely insane, because "possible Republican nominee Trump".

It's only insane if you think there's a relationship worth talking about between polling this early and the delegate count.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm fairly convinced that Rubio is gonna be the candidate. Though I think there's a good chance the right wing hardon for nativism might sink him.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I'm fairly convinced that Rubio is gonna be the candidate. Though I think there's a good chance the right wing hardon for nativism might sink him.

Rubio as nominee and Trump running with a nativist third-party seems fairly likely.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

marc Rubio, cursed by a wizard at a young age with an insatiable thirst for that sweet nectar h20, has established an acute affinity with water. he literally cannot sink

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Pohl posted:

Goddamn, yeah. I'm just really tired.

I'm just so tired of bronco bama and mitt womney :(

I miss that girl. She captured the Zeitgeist like it was a mountain lion in a gated community.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I want the story to be true because it makes Obama out to be stone cold and awesome.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"It was at this point" an aide close to the Clintons said "That Hillary flipped the switch on her lightsaber. I can't say what color the blade was."

edit: BREAKING! ! ! !: it was red

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

"It was at this point" an aide close to the Clintons said "That Hillary flipped the switch on her lightsaber. I can't say what color the blade was."

edit: BREAKING! ! ! !: it was red

Hillary Clinton = Princess Leia?? She's got my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

That could be cancelled out by his benefits from identity politics.

• Locked thread