Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Most of us smoked weed and played RPG's and poo poo.

It was the most harmless batch of losers ever.

Harmless? Wow. You really need to educate yourself about the dangers of Marijuana. May I suggest the documentary Reefer Madness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

I saw Challenger explode from the front yard as a preschooler. Everyone shrugged and kinda went "never did that before" and didn't know it had broken up.

Well, they weren't wrong...

Was Ehud with you

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder what shocking tragedy they'll use to define their generation?

Not a tragedy, but seeing a black dude (and probably a woman) become President is noteworthy.

Also all the gay stuff. And :420:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Tank44 posted:

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

Sophomore in high school :corsair:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

Was Ehud with you

poo poo maybe.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

How are you not dead

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Did you fight on the atlantic or pacific front

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dr_Strangelove posted:

What was the world like before the written word?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

What was the world like before the written word?

Dude I'm pretty sure they had books, it's just that when they wanted new ones they had to be copied using calligraphy

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sash! posted:

How are you not dead

Blood of virgins

Febreeze posted:

Did you fight on the atlantic or pacific front

Belleau Wood

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Finally found the source of that sweet-rear end spanish-style stadium idea, it was a proposal from 1998 backed by Michael Ovitz called "The Hacienda". Here's another shot of it. This would look beautiful in San Diego, but there's only one hitch: it was actually the first stadium design for Carson.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 22, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pathetic little tramp posted:

Finally found the source of that sweet-rear end spanish-style stadium idea, it was a proposal from 1998 backed by Michael Ovitz called "The Hacienda". Here's another shot of it. This would look beautiful in San Diego, but there's only one hitch: it was actually the first stadium design for Carson.

give it to the raiders, throw out the multi-team/generic nfl ads and start putting black tarps and skulls everywhere

you're welcome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Raku posted:

give it to the raiders, throw out the multi-team/generic nfl ads and start putting black tarps and skulls everywhere

you're welcome

Or, build it in San Diego, and let the Rams and Raiders move to LA

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ross Angeles posted:

Or, build it in San Diego, and let the Rams and Raiders move to LA

but who would play in it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

but who would play in it

the padres obv

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Raku posted:

but who would play in it

Well if there's a new stadium in San Diego, the Chargers won't leave.

Volkerball posted:

the padres obv

They already have a really nice stadium that no one goes to

DreamtShadow
Aug 21, 2010

Rams and Raiders to LA, Chargers to St. Louis in a few seasons when the new stadium there is finished.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Jerry Jones is going to buy the Chargers, name himself GM, trade Rivers to Dallas for a conditional pick so he'll have a franchise QB while Romo's injured, then disband the team

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Yeah but will he do with the Chargers?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Why does San Diego need a team when there'll be two in LA?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Why does San Diego need a team when there'll be two in LA?

"I'd rather be dead in LA than alive in San Diego"

-literally no one ever.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

quote:

Doug Vaughn Verified account
‏@DVaughn_CBS920

Terry Bradshaw "Rams are 100 percent gone." He says all the Fox guys are hearing they're moving. Ouch.

https://twitter.com/DVaughn_CBS920/status/647054512084119552

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LA Rams Superb Owl ride starts now

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:ohdear:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Rams move to LA. The league says one team is enough. Oakland continues on a series of one year deals at the coliseum until the A's leave to their new stadium at jack London square. The coliseum falls to pieces but the raiders keep playing there and rename it the thunderdome.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Rams move to LA. The league says one team is enough. Oakland continues on a series of one year deals at the coliseum until the A's leave to their new stadium at jack London square. The coliseum falls to pieces but the raiders keep playing there and rename it the thunderdome.

What about us

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

What about us

You're a hell of a lot closer to a deal in San Diego than the raiders are in Oakland. If the raiders can't move to LA, they're absolutely hosed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

You're a hell of a lot closer to a deal in San Diego than the raiders are in Oakland. If the raiders can't move to LA, they're absolutely hosed.

If the NFL decides to only let the Rams move and the Chargers come crawling back to the city of San Diego, the city is going to absolutely destroy the Chargers on a new stadium deal.

Good.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Absolute worst case is that the owners gang up on mark davis and oust him from ownership, or at least management. The league takes control and they move the team to some pliant city willing to build a stadium like san antonio.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

If the NFL decides to only let the Rams move and the Chargers come crawling back to the city of San Diego, the city is going to absolutely destroy the Chargers on a new stadium deal.

Good.

The league wants two teams in LA

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

There's been rumors floating around the last couple days that they might only want one. A city without a team for 20 years suddenly getting two dumped on them could be dumb.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
San Diego is going to London.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

The league is realizing that suddenly moving two teams, one of which has no fanbase and no history in LA, to a market that hasn't had the NFL in 20 years, with no idea if it'll work or not, is probably not the smartest move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/nfl-could-move-only-one-team-to-l-a-indefinitely/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Volkerball posted:

There's been rumors floating around the last couple days that they might only want one. A city without a team for 20 years suddenly getting two dumped on them could be dumb.

London has a vast and colorful history with pirates.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would like to see something other than Mike Florio's "sources."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would like to see something other than Mike Florio's "sources."

Me too, but the thought of not dropping two teams on a barren market all at once isn't dumb

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
lol mike florio

You think san diego has no fans in LA?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

lol mike florio

You think san diego has no fans in LA?

It'd be dumb to say there are zero, but compared to the Raiders and Rams it might as well be zero.

Los Angeles fans don't want the Chargers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Few do.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hur hur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
As an Orange County NFL-watcher, I would prefer the Chargers over the Rams and especially the Raiders. The Chargers occasionally make the playoffs.

• Locked thread