Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
No, Florio just doesn't use an editor despite not being a solo blogger anymore and also desperately needing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is this the thread where we discuss how much PFTCommenter owns?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

We absolutely can

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I like Tanier and don't particularly think Eli is great, but this is a really dumb article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2571190-5-more-years-of-eli-manning-will-only-bring-the-giants-buyers-remorse

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

kidcoelacanth posted:

For a while I didn't have twitter but at least once a day I would google "PFTCommenter twitter" to see what he is up too.....that is a sign of owning

edit

He was the only person who I did this for daily

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He was on last week's episode of The Lana Berry Show with Lana Berry podcast and he was drat good. He's pretty quick witted off the cuff, not just while he's writing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's really weird hearing him talk though, because his writing voice is more like a drunk 50-something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's really weird hearing him talk though, because his writing voice is more like a drunk 50-something.

Hearing @celebrityhottub's voice on Lana Berry's podcast was such a weird moment for me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

Hearing @celebrityhottub's voice on Lana Berry's podcast was such a weird moment for me.

Ryan Nanni? I saw an SB Nation video of him and it was only weird because his twitter avi is Eddie Murphy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PFT Commenter is, without any irony, the greatest sportswriter in America.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Nah it's Brian Phillips but he's definitely in the conversation

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Nah it's Brian Phillips but he's definitely in the conversation

For a moment I confused this name with Bryan Curtis and I was getting really indignant

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ryan Nanni? I saw an SB Nation video of him and it was only weird because his twitter avi is Eddie Murphy.

Yeah Nanni is on a weekly SB nation show about College football. It was weird seeing him the first time since I wasn't expecting a short dumpy white guy but then I remembered he's a sports person so I feel stupid for not expecting exactly that, all sports people are dumpy white dudes or scrawny white dudes with glasses and beards

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Adlai Stevenson posted:

For a moment I confused this name with Bryan Curtis and I was getting really indignant

Bryan Curtis is pretty good too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Yeah Nanni is on a weekly SB nation show about College football. It was weird seeing him the first time since I wasn't expecting a short dumpy white guy but then I remembered he's a sports person so I feel stupid for not expecting exactly that, all sports people are dumpy white dudes or scrawny white dudes with glasses and beards

i first heard him on that dumb video Jon Bois made of the two of them playing Madden 15 in coach mode and doing nothing but dumb poo poo, and i thought for a second it was another McElroy brother

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

PFT Commenter is, without any irony, the greatest sportswriter in America.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bryan Curtis is pretty good too.
Exactly the wrong article for this thread but thanks for the heads up, I had only half-figured this out.
https://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-nbc-sunday-night-football-cris-collinsworth-al-michaels-roger-goodell/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
PFTcommenter now has a weekly radio show and his first guest is Danny Woodhead

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What is this going to be? Is he going to be the Stephen Colbert of sports shows?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

What is this going to be? Is he going to be the Stephen Colbert of sports shows?

It's going to be ESPN First Take but more obvious about it being satire.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is Danny Woodhead an elite guest?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Deadspin is reporting that Bill Simmons is poaching Grantlanders to his lovely HBO thing. They still have their Lowe/Keri/Barnwell core and guys like Brian Phillips and Rembert, but for how long?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Deadspin is reporting that Bill Simmons is poaching Grantlanders to his lovely HBO thing. They still have their Lowe/Keri/Barnwell core and guys like Brian Phillips and Rembert, but for how long?

Probably longer than ESPN would have kept them on.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I feel like HBO hasn't done anything to shake my trust in their programming. One time my friend and I walked in on his wife-then-gf and some of her friends watching True Blood and the entire room smelled like crotch. Even that show had a lot of power in its time and that was the worst one

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

I feel like HBO hasn't done anything to shake my trust in their programming. One time my friend and I walked in on his wife-then-gf and some of her friends watching True Blood and the entire room smelled like crotch. Even that show had a lot of power in its time and that was the worst one

Check your PMs I wanted to ask you something

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Check your PMs I wanted to ask you something

If its what crotch smells like its kind of fishy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You've been sniffing the wrong crotches.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If its what crotch smells like its kind of fishy

That erases 90% of the PM now, thanks for nothing slowpoke

And man I hope you're being sarcastic because stop tindering if you arent

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Crotches don't smell good, dudes, sorry.

If your girls junk smells like lilac or some poo poo, she's probably covering up for a VD.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Crotch chat 2015 talking girl gashes itt

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Crotch chat 2015 talking girl gashes itt

This works as a title for pretty much every Sunday Night Football GDT.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Anals of History posted:

This works as a title for pretty much every Sunday Night Football GDT.

Bring back Faith Hill's stunning goddamn legs, NBC, tia

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chilichimp posted:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chilichimp posted:

I don't care about this, it's the change in key that bothers me a whole lot about Carrie Underwood's version, because apparently I'm the lamest autistic manchild ever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't care about this, it's the change in key that bothers me a whole lot about Carrie Underwood's version, because apparently I'm the lamest autistic manchild ever.

Mute it next time so you understand my point of view.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Bring back Dwight Freeney spinning through corn, NBC, tia

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Can we sit down as a society and appreciate the fact that PFTCommenter is now directly influencing electoral politics.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Can we sit down as a society and appreciate the fact that PFTCommenter is now directly influencing electoral politics.

Shut it nerd I'm here to talk about pussy stank.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yes and I love it.

Revealing the truth that Jeb Bush is pro-infanticide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WugLyfe posted:

Yes and I love it.

Revealing the truth that Jeb Bush is pro-infanticide

And Carson is pro baby Hitler

• Locked thread