Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The LA live show just finished a fantastic bit about Halo.

Edit: "I'm 100% sure there is not an American Gladiator with the name Box."

Edit: A SURPRISE APPEARANCE! It's Tim from Worst Idea of All Time

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Adventure Zone is already fantastic.

Edit: Also, the episode IS canon.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Waffleman_ posted:

Adventure Zone is already fantastic.

Edit: Also, the episode IS canon.

Hahaha, it's beautiful. I hope Merle had his extreme teen bible though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're on the last day of summer vacation and got shrunk down into a sandcastle and AN ACTUAL DUNGEON IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.

Edit: STEVEN THE FISH SPEAKS!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 20, 2015

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Yesss, Taako has discovered "meat in a shell" after obliterating a turtle with Fireball.

e: Here is the intro video Griffin made for The Adventure Zone LIVE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyc3gVYBI0

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 21, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Good news, the copyright claim on the "Happy Birthday" song is up/invalid so now Griffin doesn't have to censor it when they want to sing it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is a good loving episode

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

The only feelings I have any more is "not coffee" and "Justin"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Griffon's pokemon life is also my goal.

"YEA, I'LL DO A BUG TYPE GYM, TRAVIS, YOU IDIOT"

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I liked when they out-bit another podcast's bit in their own ad

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ArgaWarga posted:

The only feelings I have any more is "not coffee" and "Justin"

Really good episode, I have now gone back to ep 1 and am working my way up because I'm a big dumb idiot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FutonForensic posted:

I liked when they out-bit another podcast's bit in their own ad

I love that they just take moneyzone exactly as seriously as they should. It gets jarring when funny podcasts cut to SERIOUS AD TIME and all.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love that they just take moneyzone exactly as seriously as they should. It gets jarring when funny podcasts cut to SERIOUS AD TIME and all.

Hey, let's uh, finish up this ad? [Tag line x 2] ... Good enough!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I miss the Money Zone jingles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4LMymXjZI

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah everyone does

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's pretty obv. we live in one of the worst possible realities, because they stopped doing jingles yet Sad Libs still get pulled out occasionally.

E: vvv Yeah that too

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 24, 2015

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I liked when they did the PSA/calendar thing

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

RIP Extreme Restraints ads.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

RIP Extreme Restraints ads.

I really miss the golden age of Money Zone when these were on. The best moment was when they were celebrating their final Extreme Restraints ad... only for them to get renewed again the very next episode.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Wow, they sounded tired. MBMBAM and and their other endeavors are starting to take their toll.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

myron cope posted:

I liked when they did the PSA/calendar thing

I mean to be fair Griffin just took that whole cloth from UYD.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I was listening to random episodes the other day and stumbled on the UYD episode where they mention teen CEO month and thought "Hey this is a good one!" before realizing that I was thinking of the MBMBAM bit on it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Joe the Strummer posted:

I really miss the golden age of Money Zone when these were on. The best moment was when they were celebrating their final Extreme Restraints ad... only for them to get renewed again the very next episode.

And the worst moment is when they said it's a glorious return of the Extreme Restraints ad...and it never appears again.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Wow, they sounded tired. MBMBAM and and their other endeavors are starting to take their toll.

LA Podfest weekend or whatever. I wish they'd chill on the live shows, the last couple have been pretty good but they've done SO MANY in 2015 and especially the ones they do multiples in a day or over the course of a long weekend the quality takes a big hit. Not to mention the more they're out on the road the more Justin poops himself and that can't be good for a man's long term health.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Joe the Strummer posted:

The best extreme restraints ad was the one during Candlenights, when they try to keep it clean. And somehow pull it off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kevin DuBrow posted:

They were just tired from traveling home from LA is all.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

ArgaWarga posted:

The best extreme restraints ad was the one during Candlenights, when they try to keep it clean. And somehow pull it off.

I had to pull over when I first heard that one while driving.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That was the one with "THIS PADDLE IS NOT FOR BUTTS" right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think you're thinking of the Cat-o-Nine-Tails Exclusively for Non-Sexual Punishment.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The party is frighteningly competent in this episode of The Adventure Zone.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The party is frighteningly competent in this episode of The Adventure Zone.
Newest ep is like Mad Max meets Hotline Miami 2 with weird unsettling Deadlands hex magic.

They really really don't need to be using D&D at this point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On one hand, D&D is basically the end all be all of tabletop for most people. However, TAZ probably already has enough of an audience that a system change may only drive off turbonerd grognards.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Why do people keep saying they should switch to a new system when they've finally got a handle on the first one half of them have ever learned?

Is this a sickness of RPG fans?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Why do people keep saying they should switch to a new system when they've finally got a handle on the first one half of them have ever learned?

Maybe. Maybe they don't need to switch but maybe at this point they don't even have to call it a D&D podcast.

It's way the gently caress better than 75% of the D&D I've played.

I'm really with you on your first point because when they first started and were learning the system I almost stopped listening more than once.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kenny Logins posted:

Maybe. Maybe they don't need to switch but maybe at this point they don't even have to call it a D&D podcast.

It's way the gently caress better than 75% of the D&D I've played.

I'm really with you on your first point because when they first started and were learning the system I almost stopped listening more than once.

Yeah, this is definitely some pretty unconventional stuff. As long as Griffin is happy to indulge his family's weirdness, I don't think it matters too much what kind of system they use, I'd just hate for everyone to learn the ropes all over again.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Essentially, yeah. There are other systems that'd fit better with their style of play, but who the gently caress cares, whichever numbers they add to whichever dice, they're gonna be driving War Rigs with octopi, it doesn't fuckin' matter because the rules barely matter.

Sometimes it is okay to let people have fun on their fun podcast without telling them they are having fun incorrectly.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Yeah, whatever they're doing loving rules, but it's almost a disservice to call it D&D. Maybe most people who would be inclined to listen to a McElroy venture such as this don't give a flying gently caress.

But it's almost like a totally different (totally amazing) podcast once they get off the scripted introductory D&D adventure poo poo.

Once in a while, the essence of D&D comes up and it only seems to be obstructing them in the form of rules on advantage or proficiencies.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
It's not a disservice to call it D&D because it.. is D&D. You kinda sound like you've only had poor experiences with D&D, and that sucks for you, but largely an RPG is about the group you play it with and the rules are mostly just window dressing.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Kojiro posted:

It's not a disservice to call it D&D because it.. is D&D. You kinda sound like you've only had poor experiences with D&D, and that sucks for you, but largely an RPG is about the group you play it with and the rules are mostly just window dressing.
We can agree to disagree as to whether the current campaign feels "traditionally D&D" but you're probably right. I have had some bad experiences and I'm probably projecting them on to the silent majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
D&D is not a great system and a good group is the only thing that can save it.

Luckily the McElroys are an amazing group.

• Locked thread