Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Needs more Sassuolo and Chievo imo

also, :agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

holy poo poo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This deserves a scudetto, and I wish that it would play in stadiums before games.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

The two videos about Parma and Carpi are good; I think most everyone in here knows the Parma story pretty well, but the Carpi one brings up a good point about their stadium and why they can't play there.

The video on Parma went over a lot I didn't know, but I don't follow Serie A news/history that closely. I basically just knew, financial trouble > wages not being paid > dodgy entities promising to save the club > plans fall through and relegation to serie d.

I had a general question about Juve. I was reading some articles about Lazio and I ended up on a web page that said 33% of Serie A fans in Italy are Juventus fans. That seems really high to me (I think Lazio was in 6th place with 2% for comparison). I had the impression that fandom in Italy was more equally spread out than La Liga for example. Is Juventus the team for fans that live in places without a pro team/places with a really poo poo team? I guess the team also attracts bandwagon/glory hunter fans, but again I didn't think the number would be so high.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Max Allegri : "We are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone”

:lol:

^^^ fandom is more regional than anything. But you will get people, like my step uncle(?) (gently caress I don't even know) who lives in Florence but loves loves loves Lazio. 33% isn't bad for Juventus even if a lot of them are displaced. The beauty of relegation is that clubs at the bottom can find themselves on a much bigger stage, and vice versa.

Juventus fans: We wished this time that our sheet would stay clean, Now Frosinone beckons us to the Mezzanine.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 24, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seltzer posted:

The video on Parma went over a lot I didn't know, but I don't follow Serie A news/history that closely. I basically just knew, financial trouble > wages not being paid > dodgy entities promising to save the club > plans fall through and relegation to serie d.

I had a general question about Juve. I was reading some articles about Lazio and I ended up on a web page that said 33% of Serie A fans in Italy are Juventus fans. That seems really high to me (I think Lazio was in 6th place with 2% for comparison). I had the impression that fandom in Italy was more equally spread out than La Liga for example. Is Juventus the team for fans that live in places without a pro team/places with a really poo poo team? I guess the team also attracts bandwagon/glory hunter fans, but again I didn't think the number would be so high.

Juventus is the country's most successful club. Think about how many Americans wear Yankee hats, for example. It's the same thing. There's also the question of asking a bunch of people who don't really follow the sport who their favorite team is; they'll always pick a winner. I think it's the same everywhere.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Juventus is the country's most successful club. Think about how many Americans wear Yankee hats, for example. It's the same thing. There's also the question of asking a bunch of people who don't really follow the sport who their favorite team is; they'll always pick a winner. I think it's the same everywhere.

I'm aware of the success and history I just figured there would be more of a spread in Italy given the strong regionalism and the fact that there have been a lot of good clubs historically. Fair point about polling fans but the article I read said the percentages were taken from the percentage of the population that identified as football fans (I know this can still be up for a lot of interpretation). It's weird to think of Sicilian or Roman Juve fans, but I guess there are a lot of them.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 24, 2015

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seltzer posted:

Sicilian Juve fans

There's more of us than you think!

e: if you count the Aeolians as Sicilian

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

re: Juventus fans, I believe there are stats that show there's way more Torino fans in Torino proper, while Juventus fans are all over Italy (especially the south and Sicily because they're all mafiosi as Palermo and Catania didn't use to be this stably in the first 2 division). When the city team is not in Serie A or Serie B, most people will pick one of Juventus/Milan/Inter; I would disagree about fandom being regional, the rivalries within the same region are really, really tough to break, so (for example) Livorno and Pisa fans would not support Fiorentina should their teams be relegated in the amateurs; they'd rather support one of the big ones. Indeed, when Fiorentina bankrupted, there were literally corks popping in the other Tuscany towns.

There's a joke going something like "when Juventus plays at home, Palermo and Reggio Calabria are empty". Also some years back there were fan clashes I think in Palermo one night with half of the city celebrating the Juve scudetto and the other half celebrating the promotion to Serie A.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

There's more of us than you think!

e: if you count the Aeolians as Sicilian

Isn't aeoli that area around the nipple?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

canepazzo posted:

re: Juventus fans, I believe there are stats that show there's way more Torino fans in Torino proper, while Juventus fans are all over Italy (especially the south and Sicily because they're all mafiosi as Palermo and Catania didn't use to be this stably in the first 2 division). When the city team is not in Serie A or Serie B, most people will pick one of Juventus/Milan/Inter; I would disagree about fandom being regional, the rivalries within the same region are really, really tough to break, so (for example) Livorno and Pisa fans would not support Fiorentina should their teams be relegated in the amateurs; they'd rather support one of the big ones. Indeed, when Fiorentina bankrupted, there were literally corks popping in the other Tuscany towns.

There's a joke going something like "when Juventus plays at home, Palermo and Reggio Calabria are empty". Also some years back there were fan clashes I think in Palermo one night with half of the city celebrating the Juve scudetto and the other half celebrating the promotion to Serie A.

Thanks for the info

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
For some reason a lot of the south are Juve fans. My abruzzese Grandmother, God rest her kind and generous soul, was a hardcore Juventus fan and it's quite literally the only negative thing I'd ever say about that wonderful human being. I'm an anomaly for being a Milan fan where I lived, but hey, Maldini and Baresi yo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

My own sister is a Juventus fan, just to be contrarian to the rest of us. Juve has a weird power over people.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Despite my love of the Merseyside Poo, I liked Juventus for a while until they stopped being pitiful and started winning trophies again. I believe Taters called it a guilt complex.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I've heard the reason why so many people from the south are Juventini has to do with the fact that many southerners went up to Turin to work at FIAT, and they/their families and friends, as a matter of course, supported the team owned by the company that provided them with a good wage/a way out of whatever shithole town they were in before. It was an aspirational thing.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
They are just low IQ

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Charlotte Hornets posted:

They are just low IQ

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

My own sister is a Juventus fan, just to be contrarian to the rest of us. Juve has a weird power over people.

Someone image dump pictures of Del Piero, Buffon and Zambrotta so we can remind Gigi why his sister supports Juve.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You know what they say: mazz' e pannel' fanno i figli bell' , pannel' senza mazz' fanno i figli pazz'

Gigi's parents simply didn't discipline her enough

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

You know what they say: mazz' e pannel' fanno i figli bell' , pannel' senza mazz' fanno i figli pazz'

Gigi's parents simply didn't discipline her enough

hehe, fair enough

Bertolacci practiced with the squad today meaning he could be at least on the bench on Sunday, if not taking Honda's place all together. Based on his previous performances I don't know if this is good or not.

Also, big 1-2 match with Inter playing Fiorentina on Sunday. 'mon the purps.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

'mon the purps.

Also whoever wins today between Empoli and Atalanta overtakes both Napoli and Juventus. What a time to be alive.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
can someone give me the rundown on the Serie A app and if I can stream games through it? Can you beem to Apple tv?

Edit: I live in Canada, is it available here?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

can someone give me the rundown on the Serie A app and if I can stream games through it? Can you beem to Apple tv?

Edit: I live in Canada, is it available here?

I just checked on the (American) app store on my phone and I can't find it, probably not available here unless you load the Italian app store.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Also, big 1-2 match with Inter playing Fiorentina on Sunday. 'mon the purps.

After the Salah debacle and the Della Valles and their ilk decided to act like little bitches, I'm betting there'll be a toxic atmosphere in the stands. Hoping for a full crowd, but that almost certainly will not happen. Definitely the most hate there's ever been between the two clubs.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 25, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

After the Salah debacle and the Della Valles and their ilk decided to act like little bitches, I'm betting there'll be a toxic atmosphere in the stands. Hoping for a full crowd, but that almost certainly will not happen. Definetely the most hate there's ever been between the two clubs.

I still lol over Della Valle (I think) with regards to the Salah thing "well, they're not Inter so they respected the rules"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

GreatestLurker posted:

After the Salah debacle and the Della Valles and their ilk decided to act like little bitches, I'm betting there'll be a toxic atmosphere in the stands. Hoping for a full crowd, but that almost certainly will not happen. Definetely the most hate there's ever been between the two clubs.

Roma too really. And it's under review from FIFA which could see him barred from pro football for a period of time. Which I hope happens because gently caress him. Salam is gonna get jeered the entire match when he plays at the Artemio. Mark that.

And Inter is going to have Jovetic and Ljajic play I Think, which is going to be interesting. I am positive Jovetic won't celebrate, Ljajic already paid his dues.

It also very well might be a full crowd because Inter are on a tear, and are at home, and are getting a chance to put distance between their second place competition.

Edit: a lot of injuries so far this season. Crazy

Soulex fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 25, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is an interesting graphic - what team italian fans cheer AGAINST the most, depending on their own team. Should be self-explanatory:

The only thing I question is that Roma doesn't cheer against Lazio more than against Milan , other than that it seems pretty accurate. Juventus is the loved old lady.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

canepazzo posted:

This is an interesting graphic - what team italian fans cheer AGAINST the most, depending on their own team. Should be self-explanatory:

The only thing I question is that Roma doesn't cheer against Lazio more than against Milan , other than that it seems pretty accurate. Juventus is the loved old lady.

That reminds me: does anyone still have the screen cap from the Copa90 film about Napoli that says "Juve fans must die in the sewage"?

I need it for, uh, reasons.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

One of the old Sud chants that I don't think is sung any more was "Noi odiamo la Juve noi odiamo la Roma Noi odiamo la Verona forza magico Milan" so i think Roma and Milan have always had a bit of hate going on.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Outside what team I support, I'm loving this year's serie A, just for the sheer :wtf: of it all, and this weekend's matchday is awesome:

Inter and Fiorentina for the 1st vs 2nd clash is borderline believable but ok, it can happen at the start.

But then you have Sassuolo-Chievo as 3rd vs 4th match

and then as the piece de resistance, the big match of 12th vs 13th (Napoli-Juventus)

More of this please!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lichtsteiner and Caceres are both out injured. So Juve's RB will be the one, the only, Simone Padoin.

I don't even know what Allegri will due against Sevilla next week, Padoin isn't in the CL squad.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mediaset and CdS reported that Inter lost friggin €90 million last year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

That seems like a small amount in the context of player costs. That's like two good players, which is insane really.

canepazzo posted:

Outside what team I support, I'm loving this year's serie A, just for the sheer :wtf: of it all, and this weekend's matchday is awesome:

Inter and Fiorentina for the 1st vs 2nd clash is borderline believable but ok, it can happen at the start.

But then you have Sassuolo-Chievo as 3rd vs 4th match

and then as the piece de resistance, the big match of 12th vs 13th (Napoli-Juventus)

More of this please!

Agreed, this is a great start to the season and if you guys manage to win it'll be even better. Having a runaway leader is no fun.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

That seems like a small amount in the context of player costs. That's like two good players, which is insane really.

With the way football bookeeping works it's almost half a squad of expensive players. All that to almost get that sweet EL spot.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Yup, and they were already under FFP penalties. This is cause they are not playing European cups this year, so FFP doesn't apply; this is why they didn't put Kovacic's sale in the budget for this year yet; putting it in next year's (+ presumably the UCL qualification) should put them back in the black with no huge sales. If they don't reach UCL qualification tho...

Also, this is the last year teams can do what Inter did - from next one, Serie A will also have FFP regulations internally.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

trem_two posted:

Lichtsteiner and Caceres are both out injured. So Juve's RB will be the one, the only, Simone Padoin.

I don't even know what Allegri will due against Sevilla next week, Padoin isn't in the CL squad.

sevilla have been utter gash with the exception of the win over gladbach, i wouldn't worry

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Homework Explainer posted:

sevilla have been utter gash with the exception of the win over gladbach, i wouldn't worry

Yes, but same for Juve except for the win over Man City

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Pjanic doing his thing

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/647812906596233216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i always believed in the brave boys of rome