Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
spot that industrialist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

my 5 has been owned by iOS 9. cool for a few days, now stuttery and slow

thanks tim?

gently caress

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
download 9.0.1

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

iOS 9 has been great on my iphone. cant wait to get my 6s

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

soudns like u need to buy ana andorid phoen as u cllearly have a deadlyl addiction to fail.

no thanks, i have the best phone ever made: iphone 4s with ios 5

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Stux posted:

too smmall,,, too slowo.... too fat.... bad phoen.

Stux posted:

no i did. iti wans nto as good as my iphoen 5 or this bespokek iphone 6 with ios9.

Stux posted:

hmmmm a cutally ios9 owns? and alsoo the6 andn6 s do nto bebdn with normal use unlelss normal us eofor ou is brekainig the phoen

Stux posted:

soudns like u need to buy ana andorid phoen as u cllearly have a deadlyl addiction to fail.

stop replying to stymie you loving idiot

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

born on a buy you posted:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I love that Asia pirates poo poo. love giving the middle finger to huge corporations

they are pirating a software update

so they can make apps for the newest versions of iOS

things you hate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

good point but echi was clearly talking about things he doesn't want to pay for from big corporations and I was speaking to that

anything that makes them less than hapy is ok witrh me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

seems like your country is poo poo and not apple I M O

yea

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

they are pirating a software update

so they can make apps for the newest versions of iOS

things you hate

my love of mega corps feeling sad outweighs my personal distaste of udpatesd

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

most sell side analysts are garbage especially on apple but jpm did a decent job gaming out the iphone upgrad eplan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4xnpmssucvt2ry/JPM_AAPL_Sept15.pdf

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

buy apple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh exchange rate is terrible right now. like worst in a decade. any gains will be washed away soon i bet

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Intel is still on track to put its LTE modem chip in Apple’s 2016 iPhones

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/23/intel-is-still-on-track-to-put-its-lte-modem-chip-in-apples-2016-iphones/

intel's gonna need this low margin modem business when apple puts their x86 chips in the dumpster within 3-5 years

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

cremnob posted:

Intel is still on track to put its LTE modem chip in Apple’s 2016 iPhones

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/23/intel-is-still-on-track-to-put-its-lte-modem-chip-in-apples-2016-iphones/

intel's gonna need this low margin modem business when apple puts their x86 chips in the dumpster within 3-5 years

:laugh:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

cremnob posted:

iOS 9 has been great on my iphone. cant wait to get my 6s

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

born on a buy you posted:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

:w00t:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
mine is still "ready for UPS" though the label was created on monday

but i only got the shipping notification like 3 hours ago and the billing only showed up today too

i'm thinking because it's canada there's just a bit of a lag in updating

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kenny Logins posted:

mine is still "ready for UPS" though the label was created on monday

but i only got the shipping notification like 3 hours ago and the billing only showed up today too

i'm thinking because it's canada there's just a bit of a lag in updating
im in canada too :)

I actually ordered two phones (one for me and one for a birthday present for my sister). I got both shipping notifications today but ups says one shipped on monday and the other one shipped on tuesday. the status i posted is from the one that shipped on monday, the one that shipped tuesday just says "a shipping label has been created, once the package arrives at one of our facilities the tracking information will be updated"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Mr. Apollo posted:

the one that shipped tuesday just says "a shipping label has been created, once the package arrives at one of our facilities the tracking information will be updated"
yeah this is what i got. the label created on monday but still not really "active"

from the little bit of snooping around online i've done, it doesn't look like i'll be tracking it all the way from china but just from the ontario warehouse

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i am going to wait until i can walk into a store and buy one.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kenny Logins posted:

yeah this is what i got. the label created on monday but still not really "active"

from the little bit of snooping around online i've done, it doesn't look like i'll be tracking it all the way from china but just from the ontario warehouse
thats been my experience too. regular in stock items allow you to track them all the way from the warehouse to delivery but launch day orders only really allow tracking for the final part of the trip

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mr. Apollo posted:

thats been my experience too. regular in stock items allow you to track them all the way from the warehouse to delivery but launch day orders only really allow tracking for the final part of the trip

if you put your phone number into the shipment reference field on ups it may show up btw

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Necc0 posted:

if you put your phone number into the shipment reference field on ups it may show up btw
"More than one shipper is using this shipment reference" oh well, it'll hopefully be here tomorrow :)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i am going to wait until i can walk into a store and buy one.

same

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Apollo posted:

No, the UPS number should track from Shenzen to final destination.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the indications online seem to be that if your ups page says "shipped by ups express saver" then it's not coming from china. if it is, it would be "ups worldwide express saver"

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mulva posted:

No, the UPS number should track from Shenzen to final destination.
The tracking number does show the history from Shenzen to the final destination. However, when I get the tracking number from Apple the package is already only one or two steps from delivery so I can only "actively" track the package for those steps. Maybe it's just a thing with UPS Canada.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

who cares, you'll get it when you get it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

oh i know, i wasn't complaining, i just thought it was interesting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epic shipping chat in the apple thread. gas

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Triglav posted:

download 9.0.1

9.0.1 fixed all of the semi-janky android-esque animations on my 6. Thanks timb.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
9.1 public beta 2 is out

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

trilljester posted:

9.0.1 fixed all of the semi-janky android-esque animations on my 6. Thanks timb.

awful app is still janky, but thats awful's fault because loving facebook scrolls smoother

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Apollo posted:

The tracking number does show the history from Shenzen to the final destination. However, when I get the tracking number from Apple the package is already only one or two steps from delivery so I can only "actively" track the package for those steps. Maybe it's just a thing with UPS Canada.

Must be, you guys like doing things differently from us for no reason :canada:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Perplx posted:

awful app is still janky, but thats awful's fault because loving facebook scrolls smoother

fixed in next motherufcker

• Locked thread