Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Martytoof posted:

Just wanted something small to help me noodle around in Live and Craigslist delivered.

:unsmith:

That looks hella fun. I would probably noodle around a ton more in Live if I had a controller like that, it's such a chore to manually draw stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Ordered a Fairfield Barbershop.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My TV Jones pickups have been delayed in favor of using a gift certificate + a little more money to get a Jazzmaster.

I'll do pictures next week when I actually get it currently it's on hold so I can buy it after pay day instead of using savings account money. :toot:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Shugojin posted:

My TV Jones pickups have been delayed in favor of using a gift certificate + a little more money to get a Jazzmaster.

I'll do pictures next week when I actually get it currently it's on hold so I can buy it after pay day instead of using savings account money. :toot:

Welcome to Offset World :)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Welcome to Offset World :)

I (will be) happy to be there. It's gonna cost me a total of a smidge over $200 and the guitar plays real nice. I'm already in love with the separate lead/rhythm circuits and kinda wish it had caught on with other guitars because I think it's A Good Idea.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Most comfortable guitars to play as well I find.
The lead/rhythm circuits are brilliant, they sum up these things eccentricities to me so well, it's basically a switch that does voodoo and one of the settings makes it a normal guitar ha ha.
The trems are a very expertly designed Sustain Leaking Device and they are all wrong, it's what makes them so right though :)

Edit: New mic to replace that fake Shure, I went a different route anyway :v:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 17, 2015

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Juaguocio posted:

Ordered a Fairfield Barbershop.

Jeez, this thing got here in three days! I haven't even bought a power supply yet, so testing it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I grew tired of that little Ibanez RG that I stole from the pawn shop for $75 a while back, mainly because my natural right hand position had me bouncing off the neck pickup all the time. I've been wanting something bluesier anyway so I went down to a local music shop traded it in on this:

$200 out the door :D

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Just wanted something small to help me noodle around in Live and Craigslist delivered.

:unsmith:

Sooo, I kind of went a little crazy at a used equipment sale ...

.. and the baby Akai will be heading back to Craigslist I think.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Martytoof posted:

Sooo, I kind of went a little crazy at a used equipment sale ...

.. and the baby Akai will be heading back to Craigslist I think.

You need to stack them and play organ music.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

You need to stack them and play organ music.

Joking aside, I do need to find a place to mount these.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I don't have a picture of them separately but my local Long & McQuade had a Ditto looper and PSM5 for stupid cheap, and they are now on my pedalboard that I just spent a stupid amount of time cutting and soldering wires to length for because after like 13 years of playing I figured I should cut the crap and just get a pedalboard already like jesus why the gently caress did it take me this long.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Handen posted:

I don't have a picture of them separately but my local Long & McQuade had a Ditto looper and PSM5 for stupid cheap, and they are now on my pedalboard that I just spent a stupid amount of time cutting and soldering wires to length for because after like 13 years of playing I figured I should cut the crap and just get a pedalboard already like jesus why the gently caress did it take me this long.

:stare:

what in the gently caress is even going on here

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
That's, um, a lot of distortion/OD.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

~jazzmaster~

feat large dog

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shugojin posted:

~jazzmaster~

feat large dog

That looks pretty slick.

Wait, is that tremolo arm between the strings? I've never seen a jazzmaster tremolo like that before, that's wild.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Zaphod42 posted:

That looks pretty slick.

Wait, is that tremolo arm between the strings? I've never seen a jazzmaster tremolo like that before, that's wild.

Yup, same on Jags as well.
One Weird Trick with these is being able to do B bends by just pushing the B string behind the bridge down when playing chords, it works really really well because the string from bridge to trem is so long.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

the settings on your hm-2 are all hosed up

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

comes along bort posted:

Seriously... every guitarist knows that the HM-2 should be on 10 on all settings.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Yarbald posted:

:stare:

what in the gently caress is even going on here

Guitar -> Boss J-5 splitter mounted beneath the top deck:
J-5 Out #1.) Tuner -> Wah -> HM2 -> FZ2 -> Mr Black Distortion -> PSM5 A -> KM-04 Input 1
A.) PSM5 send -> DD6 input B for clean (output B -> PSM5 return) + effect (output A -> Pitch Fork -> KM-04 Input 2)
J-5 Out #2.) Tim Escobedo's Ugly Face -> LAL Cyber Psychic -> KM-04 Input 4
J-5 Out #3.) MXR Talk Box -> Microphone -> Mackie Mix5 -> OD2 -> KM-04 Input 3
J-5 Out #4.) Connects to a clean out jack on the side of the board.

Each loop ends at the KM-04, the KM-04 outputs to the Ditto, and the Ditto connects to an output jack mounted on the back of the board to go to the amp.

Here's a short clip of the three main parallel loops acting simultaneously.

Colonial Air Force posted:

That's, um, a lot of distortion/OD.

The plan is to keep whichever one works best for the band I'm jamming in right now and swap in a Maxon AF9 -> Boss OC3 in the place of whichever two end up getting cut. The OD2 is strictly for the post-mixer talkbox signal before it gets fed back into the amp chain.

comes along bort posted:

Edit: But seriously, the HM2 sounds loving terrible with every knob dimed.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 25, 2015

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Level and Low at 3 o'clock, High and Gain at 9 o'clock

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Handen posted:

Edit: But seriously, the HM2 sounds loving terrible with every knob dimed.

That's the point of the HM2. It sounds terrible in the best way possible.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Handen posted:

Edit: But seriously, the HM2 sounds quite pleasant with every knob dimed.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
My Jag has the "between the strings" trem and its a bit of a hassle to sort the locking button. For those not in the know, there's a "button" you can slide that locks the trem to downward bends only, which helps it hold tuning/intonation better. As mentioned above you can do some cool upward bends with your palm as there's so much string behind the saddles, as well as the Sonic Youth/Placebo chimes. Would be quite cool to have a cheap guitar with that bridge style and tune it so the strings behind the bridge were in a scale, but that would probably make the neck side sound pretty bad. Not that that would bother SY fetishists.

Its still nowhere near as bad as the cheap 7 string Floyd Rose ripoff I had that I ended up only restringing twice in 18 months to set up mind you.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

There are jags and jazzmasters with tremolos that don't go between the strings? Unless it's got a strat trem or a floyd I don't think I've ever seen one without the arm mounting between the strings.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Side Effects posted:

There are jags and jazzmasters with tremolos that don't go between the strings? Unless it's got a strat trem or a floyd I don't think I've ever seen one without the arm mounting between the strings.

Yeah I've honestly never seen one. I thought that was how they worked?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It is, I've never even seen aftermarket stuff do it different (Mastery and all those guys).

It's an upgrade I'd recommend though, Japanese trem to USA, the USA trems have thicker metal and help with sustain a little. It's not a massive deal, however some Japanese trems suffer from a PANG noise when used and the USA ones do cure that.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
I'm not good at making up my mind on things...

Here's my Les Tele-Strat build I just finished (assembling from parts I purchased.)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's really ugly

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm sorry

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Looooove iiiiit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

philkop posted:

Here's my Les Tele-Strat build I just finished (assembling from parts I purchased.)

uhhhh....errrr.....uhhhh......wow. That's certainly different. Its loving with my head.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
Yeah, my irl peeps I show are about 50/50 between love it or hate it. I love it though!

Going for a fender style name badge soon. "Phender Les Tele-Strat"

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

philkop posted:

Maybe turn the pickguard around?
It won't help it be less ugly but it might look a bit less 'wrong' to the eye. As-is it looks like you were going for a Tbird pickguard.
S'too bad you couldn't relocate the selector switch to the upper bout like a Les.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

philkop posted:

Yeah, my irl peeps I show are about 50/50 between love it or hate it. I love it though!

I love it, it's ugly beautiful

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007

meatcookie posted:

Maybe turn the pickguard around?
It won't help it be less ugly but it might look a bit less 'wrong' to the eye. As-is it looks like you were going for a Tbird pickguard.
S'too bad you couldn't relocate the selector switch to the upper bout like a Les.
Nah I love how everything is wrong, including the pickguard and the Les switch in the wrong place. It's great and hosed up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pyrthas posted:

Nah I love how everything is wrong, including the pickguard and the Les switch in the wrong place. It's great and hosed up.

Agreed, it's got a millennium falcon vibe that I really like

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Agreed, it's got a millennium falcon vibe that I really like

Obligatory post

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It's weird as poo poo and it looks like it plays nice, I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

philkop posted:

Gibson Ru Paul