Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MikeJF posted:

How do you figure? I'd have thought assets would generally be safe, wouldn't they? Lightmaps aside.

Well, there are some that implement features that will now be in the vanilla game, like vehicle restrictions — I'd imagine that could cause all kinds of funny overlaps and conflicts — and while lacking lightmaps might not break the game, it won't be pretty. Then again, that all depends on how the new mechanics and AI rules are implemented so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tippis posted:

Well, there are some that implement features that will now be in the vanilla game, like vehicle restrictions — I'd imagine that could cause all kinds of funny overlaps and conflicts — and while lacking lightmaps might not break the game, it won't be pretty. Then again, that all depends on how the new mechanics and AI rules are implemented so who knows.

Ah, yeah, that kind of asset. I've mainly been sticking to simple custom buildings and parks.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

this expansion pack/dlc really snuck up on me

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There was a mod that added a whole lot new random names for industries, stores and housing, but I haven't been able to find it again. The patch that added European stuff broke it so it started crashing the game and I was thinking about seeing if it worked again. Does anyone know if it ever got updated? The workshop search is tremendously unhelpful and doesn't give me anything but completely unrelated maps no matter what I search for. :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Poil posted:

There was a mod that added a whole lot new random names for industries, stores and housing, but I haven't been able to find it again. The patch that added European stuff broke it so it started crashing the game and I was thinking about seeing if it worked again. Does anyone know if it ever got updated? The workshop search is tremendously unhelpful and doesn't give me anything but completely unrelated maps no matter what I search for. :(

Is it this by any chance?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418521130

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Could be, thanks a lot. :)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So I just watched an overcrowded bus stop for 5 minutes - and every time a bus passed by it disappeared. Bus drives by, parks next to stop, vanishes into thin air. Is this a known bug?

Additionally, my cities become too much for my computer to handle at +- 40k citizens, is this low or normal or high?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

double nine posted:

So I just watched an overcrowded bus stop for 5 minutes - and every time a bus passed by it disappeared. Bus drives by, parks next to stop, vanishes into thin air. Is this a known bug?

Don't know about your other problem, but this has happened to me before. It only happens when the bus route is trying to go down a street that it has no way to. Either I deleted a road it needs and there's no alternative route, or I changed a road to 1way that was 2-way before and now it's going the wrong direction. Cims will still try to use the stop, and the bus will still try to run the route, but it will disappear as soon as it loads up and tries to do the invalid route. Check inside the bus route view, because most times there's no route there either if you look at it--it just disappears.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The game could definitely use some kind of notification that pops up and tells you "Hey chucklefuck, you just FUBAR'd your bus routes." Or better yet, "Hey chucklefuck, you're about to FUBAR your bus routes, are you really really sure you want to do this?"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Subways are even worse about it.

And god help you if there's multiple lines using the same stop.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

The game could definitely use some kind of notification that pops up and tells you "Hey chucklefuck, you just FUBAR'd your bus routes." Or better yet, "Hey chucklefuck, you're about to FUBAR your bus routes, are you really really sure you want to do this?"

Yeah some sort of notification that says "doing this action will break X mass transit routes, do you wish to continue? y/n" would be great. Heck if traffic++ handled this, that would be tits.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Is there anyway to do a high resolution arial shot of your whole city? Photomerge is not really working that well for me, and the alternative is to manually arrange about 100 images.

Metrication fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 23, 2015

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I really wanna play Grand Theft Auto on some of these maps, somehow.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ofaloaf posted:

I had the exact same thought seeing that map Metrication posted. Dassa pretty map :3

Excited for After Dark tomorrow, I kind of shelved C:S a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of this, I just hope certain mods are quickly updated.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I know in KSP (which is also unity) there is a way to wrangle the renderer to output ultra high res screenshots, higher than your display anyways. You ought to be able to install a camera freedom mod, fly way up high and then use the same high res render methodology.

Or maybe someone already has a plugin setup. :v:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

There's already an 4x-res screen shot option (unless I got that from some mod… it's hard to keep track), so yes, that shouldn't be too hard.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
The Enhanced Zoom and Dynamic Resolution mods will help a bit with taking crisper screenshots from further out, but you'll still be limited by screen resolution.

e: But they only get you so far, size-wise...

Koesj fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 24, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
When are we going to be able to throw more money at them anyway?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Three-ish days until After Dark, and then there's After Dark+ or whatever for ~$15 USD being released at the same time.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Ofaloaf posted:

imho crazy taxi would be a bit easier to get working

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Umm isn't after dark coming out today', the 24th?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Please note that Cities: Skylines After Dark will be released at around 3:00 PM CEST on September 24th 2015. Preorder Keys will be sent out during the day on September 24th 2015 in time for release!

That's what the site says, yeah, but maybe they changed it in a press release and I didn't notice or something.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jintor posted:

imho crazy taxi would be a bit easier to get working

easiest version of crazy taxi ever, theres no cars in the middle lane

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Koesj posted:

Umm isn't after dark coming out today', the 24th?

Yes.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

buttcoinbrony posted:

easiest version of crazy taxi ever, theres no cars in the middle lane

that right turning lane, though, oooh boy

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

More on the After Dark release. Paradox says on the Skylines pre-order page that it should release around 3pm CEST, which is 9:00 am EDT and 6:00 am PDT. And yes it's today.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Check your emails, I just got my After Dark steam key from the preorder, could redeem on Steam but it obviously hasn't activated yet.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Steam is letting me download a ~800mb update now. Hopefully we're good to go. Now if only I didn't have third world internet

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

slothrop posted:

Steam is letting me download a ~800mb update now. Hopefully we're good to go. Now if only I didn't have third world internet

:siren: it's live :siren:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hi i haven't played since like a month after release, is there a way to easily put down a large amount of trees now

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

oddium posted:

hi i haven't played since like a month after release, is there a way to easily put down a large amount of trees now

There's a mod for that.

(You should also reconsider doing it, since it doesn't affect much at all.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

It looks pretty. Isn't that enough?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
JFC

Even my unfinished tower, to which I've only quickly added about 8 floodlights, already looks fantastic:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nielsm posted:

There's a mod for that.

(You should also reconsider doing it, since it doesn't affect much at all.)

i like to make little suburbs tucked away in the foresty fringes of the city and it'd be nice to not have to build on a thousand miles of flat treeless plains in every direction

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

It's on Steam now.

E:way late

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 24, 2015

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

One thing, the Greenmangaming voucher is working in the UK to give you 20% off, I don't know about the US but you could try it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm not sure how the day-night cycle is meant to work. Electricity consumption seems to remain the same at night. Schools still have the same number of students in them. I do have garbage at minimal budget at day and normal budget at night and it seems to be working alright.

Edit: On sunrise just noticed a 20% uptick in power consumption!

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 24, 2015

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The nighttime pictures look astonishing, dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
I'm encountering a weird bug. Only the first three road assets in each tab are selectable for some reason. I disabled Traffic++ because I figured its road assets were conflicting but that didn't work.