Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Siege #3. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Aww. Which robots are those?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Their names are KillBot and EviscerateMurderRapeBot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

Aww. Which robots are those?

They're both UNIT from Gillen's SWORD series (and later his Uncanny X-Men run)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Grayson 12

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Were all those bubbles, including the other pages for Bruce, the other Robins and Barb all direct quotes? I assume so.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Were all those bubbles, including the other pages for Bruce, the other Robins and Barb all direct quotes? I assume so.

Yeah I am pretty sure as I recognize a bunch of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's a little disconcerting to see Damian smile without it being from a smug sense of superiority though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, their last moment was right before he got stuck with a sword.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Well, their last moment was right before he got stuck with a sword.

Its also in the southeast corner
Batman Inc 8

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'd been really enjoying this issue of Grayson, and then I got to that bit. And then it stopped being good and became brilliant.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My favorite thing about Grayson is how it uses different narrative devices in pretty much every issue. With that and Omega Men, this Tom King guy is pretty neat.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Damian is such a fun character.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Damian is such a fun character.

This is so weird because he's literally the worst character in Injustice.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That art is atrocious.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

That art is atrocious.
Chris Burnham is a national treasure.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Toshimo posted:

This is so weird because he's literally the worst character in Injustice.

Even worse than Hal? :ohdear:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Even worse than Hal? :ohdear:

And then he straight up murders Nightwing for telling him that he's a lovely Robin.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Toshimo posted:

And then he straight up murders Nightwing for telling him that he's a lovely Robin.

I remember that from back when it was posted in this thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us 16

The way Dick is killed is kind of stupid but that makes it more tragic :smith:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That really is the worst bat-helmet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kind of stupid? That's full blown, 100% turbo stupid.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I appreciate all the villains lining up and bowing their heads while Batman carries him off, as if they haven't all had their chance at gleefully killing him a dozen times in the past.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
CRITICAL HIT TO THE HEAD YEAHHH

Of all the dumb things I've seen in comics that moment is very clearly in the lead.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Flesh Forge posted:

CRITICAL HIT TO THE HEAD YEAHHH

Of all the dumb things I've seen in comics that moment is very clearly in the lead.

It's even worse because he did the same thing earlier in the comic while they were in the batcave and the only reason it didn't kill him was that Superman flew in and caught it.

Like, he knew what the outcome would be and did it anyway, and then was all "B-b-but I didn't MEAN it!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

That art is atrocious.

redbackground posted:

Chris Burnham is a national treasure.

Look can we just not do the Burnham and/or Quitely art fight? It never goes anywhere, no one ever admits the other side has any valid points. People have different tastes and that's okay.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ashcans posted:

I appreciate all the villains lining up and bowing their heads while Batman carries him off, as if they haven't all had their chance at gleefully killing him a dozen times in the past.

I'm fairly sure it's edited or not obvious from those pages, but in the context of the issue it was a riot in Arkham where the villains realized that they were about to get their asses kicked when the JLA showed up. They get a last second rally when Grundy breaks out, but after Superman puts him down they all realize that they are going back in the cells.
The Damian/Night wing part happens just as the fight is about to finish.

I remember that the scene plays out much better in the issue then it does from just these scans.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
No, no it doesn't.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's the same book where Superman reveals Batman's identity on Twitter right? Is there any part of it that's not total garbage?

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

X-O posted:

That's the same book where Superman reveals Batman's identity on Twitter right? Is there any part of it that's not total garbage?

It has a good share of legitimately touching, badass, and well-written moments, only to be paired with scenes that are utterly terrible, or are ruined by the colorist.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

X-O posted:

Everything with Harley Quinn and Green Arrow is amazing.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
For a while, during the heights of the New 52, Injustice was basically the best book that DC was publishing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
To be fair to that sequence, that's apparently a seven page sequence, and the person who originally posted it only posted pages 1, 2, 5 and 7 of it.

Though I'm not really sure what could possibly be on pages 3, 4 and 6 that would make it seem less stupid.

X-O posted:

That's the same book where Superman reveals Batman's identity on Twitter right?

Same series, yeah. It was a tie-in for the INJUSTICE video game, to establish the backstory and such.

X-O posted:

Is there any part of it that's not total garbage?

Gavok posted:

From Injustice: Year Two #13. Black Canary visited the abandoned Arrow Cave (abandoned due to Superman having killed Ollie), to find Harley squatting there. The two fought until Canary called for time out and started puking into a bucket. Harley realized that Canary was pregnant and started laughing at the absurdity of a superhero having morning sickness.

I thought this was a really on-point take on the Harley/Joker relationship without having to resort to physical violence.

Gavok posted:

Injustice: Year Two #20. Commissioner Gordon has lung cancer (as discovered when Superman looked at him to see if he was lying). Seeing how Superman has basically turned Gotham into Ferguson with his army of goons, Gordon is leading an assault on the Hall of Justice and Watchtower while the Green Lantern Corps oppose Superman and the Sinestro Corps. Gordon and the rest of the crew are amped up on the super pills that give them kryptonian strength and in order to keep Cyborg from tracking down Oracle, he beat him down and tore off the metal part of his face. During the fight, Gordon collapsed at one point due to the cancer being more advanced than expected.

Meanwhile, "You're secret is safe, Luthor"?! :argh:

Gavok posted:

From Injustice: Year Two #24, the final issue of this volume. In the first year, Superman killed Green Arrow with his bare hands. The second year centers around Sinestro, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner and Black Canary. Sinestro and Hal Jordan are in the video game while the other two aren't, so that's not a good sign for Guy and Canary. Dinah is pregnant at the beginning of the year and later gives birth to Connor. A huge battle takes place of Batman's heroes and the Green Lantern Corps vs. Superman and the Sinestro Corps. Black Canary has a sweet fight with Superman, but is taken out in the end. Still, goes down like a badass.

Batman tells everyone to retreat because there's no way they can win. As he mentions that Canary's dead, we see Zatanna holding the baby with Dr. Fate looking on. The comic ends on a completely dire note of Superman's side standing tall.

Then we get the epilogue.

:unsmith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Also Alfred kicks Superman so hard his shoe literally explodes

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Toshimo posted:

It's even worse because he did the same thing earlier in the comic while they were in the batcave and the only reason it didn't kill him was that Superman flew in and caught it.

Like, he knew what the outcome would be and did it anyway, and then was all "B-b-but I didn't MEAN it!"

Not to defend a dumb death - but no, it's even dumber than that. They establish that Damian is a poor loser and often tries to throw his weapons at Nightwing who always deflects/dodges even when his back is turned. Like this is a regular thing - Damian getting upset and throwing poo poo because he's having a tantrum.

So this is something that Damian could have legitimately assumed would have not done anything, and been surprised at.

So it's more that Dick hosed up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

W.T. Fits posted:

To be fair to that sequence, that's apparently a seven page sequence, and the person who originally posted it only posted pages 1, 2, 5 and 7 of it.

Though I'm not really sure what could possibly be on pages 3, 4 and 6 that would make it seem less stupid.

Same series, yeah. It was a tie-in for the INJUSTICE video game, to establish the backstory and such.

Those are definitely better, but even more so I like the art a lot more there than in the other set. Who is that artist?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

X-O posted:

I wrote about the 25 best moments earlier this year. Though I do have the Twitter scene on the list because it's loving AMAZING, so your mileage may vary.

After Tom Taylor left, the series has been kind of there. Not terrible, but not all that good. Just spinning its wheels.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Those sort of moments are actually why I'm very interested in Taylor being the one writing the new Wolverine book.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I really liked Taylor on Iron Man so I'm excited for his take on X-23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

You could not be more wrong if you were advocating Red Hood and the Outlaws.