Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

epic shipping chat in the apple thread. gas

imo it's p. epic that these shipments are occurring at the individual level all the way from china considering they're moving millions of them

not what people are discussing tho so

Smythe posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Necc0 posted:

imo it's p. epic that these shipments are occurring at the individual level all the way from china considering they're moving millions of them

No doubt. Worldport, and the rest of UPS' logistics chain, is mind blowing.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:pwn:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
uh sorry guys. so.

the more i hear about 3d touch the more impressed i get. it didn't really wow me when i first saw the keynote but things like the left edge app switch and the cursor/text select sound really good

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

uh sorry guys. so.

the more i hear about 3d touch the more impressed i get. it didn't really wow me when i first saw the keynote but things like the left edge app switch and the cursor/text select sound really good

the left edge app switch one is probably the dumbest use of 3d touch because its just a duplicate of double tap home button except harder to do if you hold the phone in your right hand

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the left edge app switch one is probably the dumbest use of 3d touch because its just a duplicate of double tap home button except harder to do if you hold the phone in your right hand
fair, also many cases interfere with it i guess

the gruber review puts it in the context that you could use the left edge swipe if you're holding it where hitting the home button would be awkward because lol huge phone

i'll probably just keep doing double tap home

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

echinopsis posted:

ugh exchange rate is terrible right now. like worst in a decade. any gains will be washed away soon i bet

lmao http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=NZD&to=USD&view=5Y

but you really need to work on your million dollar debt before you consider investing. there are """"certain"""" investments, but if you and your wife were to unfortunately die within the next ten years, you'd leave nothing to your kids. your creditors would liquidate your estate before your kids inherit it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
life insurance morther fucker

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mortgage rate is like 6% or so.. if there is an investment returning more than that then it makes sense to put it in there. i am already doing that with some other poo poo and putting down extra cash on that mortgage. about 350 of that debt is an investment property which i am consdiering selling and then i would owe less than half a mill but then again i own it for a reason - capital gains - and if i sell it i wont realise them.

what are your suggestions that I do to make sure I don't retire with nothing to live on

also lol at the idea I will live to a ripe old age like the sweet rear end dude in my avatar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo 0.49 in march 2009??

christ would have been a great time to buy the undervalued kiwi dollar................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what happened in 2009 anyway

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah imagine talking about boring nerd things like exchange rates and shipping dates in a computer forums. actually just imagine yourself leaving you dipshit

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

echinopsis posted:

mortgage rate is like 6% or so.. if there is an investment returning more than that then it makes sense to put it in there. i am already doing that with some other poo poo and putting down extra cash on that mortgage. about 350 of that debt is an investment property which i am consdiering selling and then i would owe less than half a mill but then again i own it for a reason - capital gains - and if i sell it i wont realise them.

what are your suggestions that I do to make sure I don't retire with nothing to live on

also lol at the idea I will live to a ripe old age like the sweet rear end dude in my avatar

idk man. you havent posted your full financials. but im pretty sure life insurance only covers immediate and accidental loss of life, not some slow declines into natural death. i'd maybe check out the Business, Finance, and Careers forum and post a thread there

honestly i wouldnt have bought the second property, and when the NZ economy recovers in 5 or 10 years, i'd consider selling it to help pay off your debt. if you had a lot of money, this would be a good time to invest, but you don't, and this is a bad time to sell

echinopsis posted:

what happened in 2009 anyway

the global recession was in full swing by early 2008 but idk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

actually, the way i hold my 6, the left edge is a bit more comfortable to reach to than the home button

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol crystal is taking money from the ABP guys to whitelist ad networks

buy purify for 99 cents

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

little QQ baby needs his diapy HEHE

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cremnob posted:

lol crystal is taking money from the ABP guys to whitelist ad networks

buy purify for 99 cents

wait why is an ad blocker paying another ad blocker to allow ads?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triglav posted:

idk man. you havent posted your full financials. but im pretty sure life insurance only covers immediate and accidental loss of life, not some slow declines into natural death. i'd maybe check out the Business, Finance, and Careers forum and post a thread there

honestly i wouldnt have bought the second property, and when the NZ economy recovers in 5 or 10 years, i'd consider selling it to help pay off your debt. if you had a lot of money, this would be a good time to invest, but you don't, and this is a bad time to sell

the global recession was in full swing by early 2008 but idk

yeah I agree about the property but welp we got it but it was always the plan to sell in 5-10 depending and pay off mortgage

right now I've started intense budgeting since getting new house which has become essential but it's good

we're not really poor or earn bad we just have lots if financial responsibilities lmao were doing ok but I do enjoy widening my portfolio even if in small ways coz I want to feel like a rich mother fucker

also I'll check that life insurance poo poo but doubt my wife is gonna die of old age before the age of 45

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also wife buying business :smugmrgw:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

wait why is an ad blocker paying another ad blocker to allow ads?

cause ABP gets paid by google, taboola, etc and now they're getting other adblockers to buy into their program by giving them some money

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

abp gets paid by google? i thought they just whitelisted adsense on their site

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the "Acceptable Ads" program is a great racket that gets all the big ad networks including google to pay them a ton of money

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

purify's $1 right now btw

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
i didn't see anyone else post this, but:

http://fortune.com/2015/09/24/apple-ad-blocking-retailer-walmart/?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_FORTUNE

fortune complaining that a bunch of online retail pages are shittily coded and get broken by ad blocking, and now ONLY HAVE A MONTH (which, you know, would be true if the beta hadn't come out in july) to fix it before the holiday season

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

this guy did a series of blog posts benchmarking blockers and found 1blocker to be the fastest. its free with IAP for unlimited block lists so definitely try it out

https://brooksreview.net/2015/09/content-blocker-test/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPGzLd8Xwx4

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the loser who did the first video is mad that this guy is cashing in on his views

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ummm

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

he should copyright claim the video to protect his intellectual property

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how many Australians does it take to bend a nexus 5

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

uninterrupted posted:

i didn't see anyone else post this, but:

http://fortune.com/2015/09/24/apple-ad-blocking-retailer-walmart/?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_FORTUNE

fortune complaining that a bunch of online retail pages are shittily coded and get broken by ad blocking, and now ONLY HAVE A MONTH (which, you know, would be true if the beta hadn't come out in july) to fix it before the holiday season

this is good. i hope iOS makes ad blockers mainstream. there are so many broken sites out there and if this makes people take notice then great. i can't tell you how many times i've written to a website about a bug only to find half a dozen back and forth emails later that the problem was actually that i had an ad blocker enabled.

sometimes these sites are actually stores or some other service that i paid for and shouldn't even have ads or invasive trackers at all. or they just use google's custom search out of sheer laziness. my college did this.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

zen death robot posted:

Why would sites care if you can't get to their content because your ad blocker broke it? What's in it for them?

I know reading is hard but jfc

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i've taken harry potter photos to their logical conclusion. no need to thank me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Athletic Footjob posted:

i've taken harry potter photos to their logical conclusion. no need to thank me

same except gary oldman in sid and nancy

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
also the app swipe 3D Touch gesture is awesome. never wouldve thought of that use case. gg apple

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So on ATP today little beta bitch Marco Arment was planning to keep the money for his Peace app, and isn't happy that Apple just refunded everyone. What a piece of poo poo.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
gently caress marco

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Athletic Footjob posted:

also the app swipe 3D Touch gesture is awesome. never wouldve thought of that use case. gg apple

what is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Mulva posted:

So on ATP today little beta bitch Marco Arment was planning to keep the money for his Peace app, and isn't happy that Apple just refunded everyone. What a piece of poo poo.

lmao

• Locked thread