Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

winvirus posted:

i just traded abdullah for lamar miller. this league. this. league.

I traded Abdullah for Hyde before week 1. Then my league mates tried to give me poo poo for it. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I traded Abdullah for Hyde before week 1. Then my league mates tried to give me poo poo for it. :munch:

I stand by my assessment of Abdullah over Hyde, I just didn't expect the Niners to be better than the Lions out of the gate.:doom:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 24, 2015

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I can't believe I'm contemplating sitting Megatron for Allen Robinson but god drat that Lions O line looks loving atrocious and I am confident that Denver is going to bracket him all day with Talib and Harris. :negative:

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 24, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Is this ridiculous or do I not get trading?

Dynasty 1PPR, 6PT passing TDs

Give: Tom Brady, Travis Kelce, Golden Tate, 2016 2nd Round Draft Pick
Get: Le'Veon Bell

Trading partner has Tannehill + Brees, Jordan Cameron, is 0-2, and has Lacy/Hyde/Gurley. Already tried to trade for Kelce once.

On the other hand, all I need to do is shore up with one other solid RB.

Reply was that was a "total lowball." I get that Le'Veon's value is way up there, but it seems like relative positional value makes it a fair trade. Hell, I thought I was overpaying.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Is Rishard Matthews on anyone's radar? I scooped him up and dynasty and think he might be a flex play later in the year.

I've had him on my dynasty team for 3 years, finally paying off!

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Best waiver pickup? Bunch of guys were dropped last night that should not have been dropped, just having a hard time deciding on the best. I have first priority

Davante Adams
Golden Tate
TJ Yeldon
Sankey

I'm starting Matthews and OBJ so WR is pretty set, but for RB's all I have is Lacy, Hill, J Stewart, and deangelo williams. I'm going dumb, someone tell me what to do.
(This is a 8 team league, non PPR, before you guys go crazy that they were dropped)

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The problem with Rishard Matthews is that his team has way too many players to assume a stable workload week to week. Jarvis Landry is basically guarenteed to get 100+ targets, but beyond that you've got Kenny Stills, Greg Jennings, Devante Parker, and Cameron Jordan all added this year and need their existence justified.

Then you're relying on Tannehill survive behind a lovely OL and a Joe Philbin team to not poo poo the bed inexplicably week to week

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

zeldadude posted:

Best waiver pickup? Bunch of guys were dropped last night that should not have been dropped, just having a hard time deciding on the best. I have first priority

Davante Adams
Golden Tate
TJ Yeldon
Sankey

I'm starting Matthews and OBJ so WR is pretty set, but for RB's all I have is Lacy, Hill, J Stewart, and deangelo williams. I'm going dumb, someone tell me what to do.
(This is a 8 team league, non PPR, before you guys go crazy that they were dropped)

Yeldon

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

zeldadude posted:

Davante Adams
Golden Tate
TJ Yeldon
Sankey

Yeldon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

I've had him on my dynasty team for 3 years, finally paying off!

I only heard of him last week!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The problem with Rishard Matthews is that his team has way too many players to assume a stable workload week to week. Jarvis Landry is basically guarenteed to get 100+ targets, but beyond that you've got Kenny Stills, Greg Jennings, Devante Parker, and Cameron Jordan all added this year and need their existence justified.

Then you're relying on Tannehill survive behind a lovely OL and a Joe Philbin team to not poo poo the bed inexplicably week to week

That's what I kind of figured. When I saw he was second in targets or catches I was surprised. I figured it'd be Landry, Stills, Cameron, Jennings, and Parker, and I hadn't heard of Rishard. Here's hoping his snap count and targets keep up!

zeldadude posted:

Davante Adams
Golden Tate
TJ Yeldon
Sankey

Lol, you might as well rotate your bench and get all 4. In order I like Tate, Yeldon, Adams, Sankey. Since you're set at WR, Yeldon.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Trading partner has Tannehill + Brees, Jordan Cameron, is 0-2, and has Lacy/Hyde/Gurley. Already tried to trade for Kelce once.

Reply was that was a "total lowball." I get that Le'Veon's value is way up there, but it seems like relative positional value makes it a fair trade. Hell, I thought I was overpaying.

Naw, that's a lowball. Bell is one of the most valuable players in dynasty right now. Value of 4-5 mid to high first are going to be needed to get it done.

Tom~2nd
Kelce~low first
Tate~2nd
and your 2nd

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I might drop Dwayne Allen for Jared Cook. Thoughts? 1 PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I threw the kitchen sink at the owner of LBell in my dynasty league and couldn't get him to budge. I had packages like DTom, Tate, Brady, draft picks, and promising rookies and no dice.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

I think you're on target here more or less.

My two cents, I think the gameplan is likely to be built around winning the turnover battle with our defense. Young and inconsistent quarterback we'll test be trying to scheme interceptions, and the rookie running back we'll get after by trying to punch out the ball. Expect the defense to go after the big plays hard. If it works, the short field could be good for Blount and the tight ends.

On the offensive side, I think there's a couple of ways to try going after the defense. I think JAX has a much better defense than folks give them credit for (I actually represented JAX in the TFF goon draft this year and loved a lot of the picks they made here - particularly Telvin and Sample). They play a hybrid front with a strong front seven, a good to great pass rush, and some talented outside linebackers. But it's early in the season for a defense with a LOT of new faces, so I think we'll see some no huddle drives to test their communication and tire out the pass rush. That's a bump for Lewis, who seems best suited for tempo work. However, the JAX defense plays simple enough schemes to begin with that they might actually be perfectly fine against the no huddle. If that's the case, I think we'll try to go after their weak secondary like Tanne did, which could mean another bundle of targets for Dobby (ugh) and Gronk. Brady would need good pass blocking for that which also probably bumps Lewis.

Add it all up and I think Lewis sees 60-75% of snaps. Receiving totals probably exceed rushing yards for him this week, and his td upside is lower than previous weeks.

Always a fan of your :eng101: work

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

a shameful boehner posted:

I can't believe I'm contemplating sitting Megatron for Allen Robinson but god drat that Lions O line looks loving atrocious and I am confident that Denver is going to bracket him all day with Talib and Harris. :negative:

Edit: Is Jordan Reed a better TE at this point than Martellus Bennett? The Bears are real bad this year.

Last time Cutler went down, Bennett was, like, getting a million targets a game as a bailout, but the balls were thrown so badly that he didn't get many of them. So that's kind of what you have to consider here.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Darko posted:

Last time Cutler went down, Bennett was, like, getting a million targets a game as a bailout, but the balls were thrown so badly that he didn't get many of them. So that's kind of what you have to consider here.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Clausen is bad, the Bears are bad, the Seahawks are going to be pissed and have Kam Chancellor back.

I don't really care that much about holding onto Bennett. Here are my other TE options available:

Reed
Gillmore
Fasano
Rudolph
Fells

Of all of those, only Reed and Gillmore would make me comfortable. I hate TE outside of Gronk, Kelce and Graham, it's such a shallow and random position.

I'm heavily leaning dropping Bennett and picking up Reed, especially with the way Kirk has looked Reed's way so far.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Yeah, I'd say you're definitely overpaying. This sort of trade for any RB in dynasty seems like a massive risk to me. Particularly when you're giving up Brady in 6 PTD this of all years.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Clausen is bad, the Bears are bad, the Seahawks are going to be pissed and have Kam Chancellor back.

I don't really care that much about holding onto Bennett. Here are my other TE options available:

Reed
Gillmore
Fasano
Rudolph
Fells

Of all of those, only Reed and Gillmore would make me comfortable. I hate TE outside of Gronk, Kelce and Graham, it's such a shallow and random position.

I'm heavily leaning dropping Bennett and picking up Reed, especially with the way Kirk has looked Reed's way so far.

TEs are important in higher scoring PPR leagues, but only if they are another possible 30 point "X Factor" that can put you over your opponent or catch you up with him when one of his WRs explode. Any player that can give you a possible 30 is good to have, even if it's ridiculously random. With Cutler out, I don't think Bennett is that; his ceiling is probably 12 points a game or something (with your opponent's Kelce or Olsen having the possibility to get 35 on a given week, and Gronk having a huge danger for that). So I'd personally go with Reed or something with that mentality.

Without PPR, I probably wouldn't care as much because those 30s become 20s, and more manageable to make up from other positions.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Naw, that's a lowball. Bell is one of the most valuable players in dynasty right now. Value of 4-5 mid to high first are going to be needed to get it done.

Tom~2nd
Kelce~low first
Tate~2nd
and your 2nd

I hear you, but he would go from 8th in the league at both QB and TE (fantasypros ecr *handwank*) to 2nd while retaining a dynamite RB corps. He needs to improve on his production at those positions to get out of the 0-2 hole. Relative positional value dawg. But I get that Bell is almost to Charles Sims level of value so it would be tough to part with him.

MacheteZombie posted:

I threw the kitchen sink at the owner of LBell in my dynasty league and couldn't get him to budge. I had packages like DTom, Tate, Brady, draft picks, and promising rookies and no dice.

Fair enough.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Veritek83 posted:

Yeah, I'd say you're definitely overpaying. This sort of trade for any RB in dynasty seems like a massive risk to me. Particularly when you're giving up Brady in 6 PTD this of all years.

Thank you.

Trading sucks.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Zypher posted:

Forte helps a lot in the short term. Willson seems like a waste of space even in dynasty. The trade helps you a bunch this year and doesn't really hurt you going forward. I just would have left Willson out.

How many teams are in the league? Your number 1 need is to drop that second kicker. And I'd probably focus on finding another quality QB on the wire this year since I doubt Petty will ever amount to much.

12 teams. There are no/add drops during the season other then 1 add/drop if someone goes on IR for the season (which I don't have anyone eligible yet). You can only change your team at the draft and through trades. That is why CJ Anderson was in the draft as a free agent. You have to keep 2 kickers to get through the bye weeks. Petty was a 4th string QB on the team until I dealt Rivers.

For example the best current FA's

QB: Manziel/Mallett/McGloin/Weeden/Clausen
RB: Reece/Polk/Austin Johnson/Will Johnson/Tolbert
WR: T Benjamin/R Matthews/Heyward-Bey/N Washington/Hankerson
TE: Fasano/Fells/Escobar/Stoneburner/Barnidge
K: Brindza/Lambo/Bullock/Coons/Hopkins

It's ugly. Benjamin, Matthews, 1 or 2 QB's, 2-3 K's and Defensive Players will be this years 12 pickups as of now.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

shyduck posted:

I might drop Dwayne Allen for Jared Cook. Thoughts? 1 PPR.

I made this exact move (but in standard) about an hour ago. Don't feel like dealing with the injury, and Cook has been targeted consistently.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Forever_Peace posted:

Obscure dynasty move update: dropped CJ Fiedorowicz for Willie Snead, but I agonized over it for days.

What have I become.

Had CJ at end of dynasty bench last year. This is a solid move.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Reed
Gillmore
Fasano
Rudolph
Fells

Kind of surprised Reed is still available. When healthy he has one of the highest floors at TE.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Listen you guys the sit/start thread blows. It's like 10/1 questions vs. actual answers.

My god, do I start Matt Jones or Ronnie Hillman???

:derp:

Also I'd be SHOCKED if Maclin didn't bust out against Green Bay to answer a previous question. Reid is always good with a long preparation week, KC has NEVER LOST IN LAMBEAU and they are going to throw a lot to keep up. I'm starting Maclin and so should you. Also it is the 50th anniversary of the first Super Bowl which was...wait for it...Green Bay vs. KC.

Matt Jones and book it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Davante Adams
Golden Tate
TJ Yeldon
Sankey

Yeldon

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Sushipants posted:

Just got offered a trade, my Golden Tate for his CJ Anderson. My current RBs are Le'Veon and J. Randle and my other WR is Julio. What are your guys thoughts on CJ? If he puts up similar numbers to last season it might be a good trade, but Tate is at least consistent production (0.5 ppr). I'm thinking I might be able to get him to thrown in another guy considering CJ's performance so far.

I absolutely would do this. Tate's great and all, but he's banged up and that team is listing. I think Anderson has a good night tonight and if he does then you've just bought low on a starting RB1.

Worst case scenario for you is that Denver really is a tire fire (unlikely), or that Hillman gets the job somehow, in which case you acquired a high-upside handcuff. It really depends on your team, but from a risk/reward perspective I think the numbers are in your favour.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol, you might as well rotate your bench and get all 4. In order I like Tate, Yeldon, Adams, Sankey. Since you're set at WR, Yeldon.

Haha, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking but I haven't been following yeldon/JAX at all so just wanted to check. Thanks!

I also just saw that someone dropped Mariota for Matt Ryan lol. The joys of an 8 man league.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Perriman's available in my league. Would you drop Boldin or Harvin for him? I also currently have Romo in my lone IR spot I could put Perriman in for now in case either of Boldin/Harvin blows up in the meantime.

My other WRs are Antonio Brown and Alshon Jeffrey.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Darko posted:

TEs are important in higher scoring PPR leagues, but only if they are another possible 30 point "X Factor" that can put you over your opponent or catch you up with him when one of his WRs explode. Any player that can give you a possible 30 is good to have, even if it's ridiculously random. With Cutler out, I don't think Bennett is that; his ceiling is probably 12 points a game or something (with your opponent's Kelce or Olsen having the possibility to get 35 on a given week, and Gronk having a huge danger for that). So I'd personally go with Reed or something with that mentality.

Without PPR, I probably wouldn't care as much because those 30s become 20s, and more manageable to make up from other positions.

It's a non-PPR league (ESPN standard).

I dropped Bennett and picked up Reed anyway.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Franks Happy Place posted:

Worst case scenario for you is that Denver really is a tire fire (unlikely), or that Hillman gets the job somehow, in which case you acquired a high-upside handcuff. It really depends on your team, but from a risk/reward perspective I think the numbers are in your favour.

To be fair, the worst case scenario is that CJA sucks all year and Hillman takes over and then maybe isn't that great either. Guys don't all just magically have decent/good years, it's perfectly possible that CJA just sucks this year and Denver struggles to ever get going.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I hear you, but he would go from 8th in the league at both QB and TE (fantasypros ecr *handwank*) to 2nd while retaining a dynamite RB corps. He needs to improve on his production at those positions to get out of the 0-2 hole. Relative positional value dawg. But I get that Bell is almost to Charles Sims level of value so it would be tough to part with him.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't trade away Bell for that, fwiw. Brady is good but old, and QBs are cheap. Kelce is good, but a bunch of TEs have looked good through the first two weeks and the Chiefs are still Charles' team. 2nd round rookie picks are crapshoots. I'd be wanting on the order of 3 decent first round picks, and what you offered just isn't that. It isn't a terrible low ball offer or anything, but for me definitely light by a 1st rounder or so. (I actually don't own Bell anywhere, so I feel relatively objective in my valuation of him, too! :))

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
So Lamar Miller is dead vs. the bills D this week right? I have matt jones and isaiah crowell as alternates... what has this world come to.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Thank you.

Trading sucks.

Trading does indeed suck. It's one of my favorite components of FF though. I just wish I could get my league mates to be more active with it.

dat one portagee posted:

So Lamar Miller is dead vs. the bills D this week right? I have matt jones and isaiah crowell as alternates... what has this world come to.

Yup, I am not counting on Miller this week. Jones to the super bowl.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

dat one portagee posted:

Welcome to the Jones-instead-of-Miller train, friend. Come have a seat and take your courtesy nausea bag.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VDay posted:

Welcome to the Jones-instead-of-Miller train, friend. Come have a seat and take your courtesy nausea bag.

It does seem like everyone posting about starting Jones has Miller doesn't it? (I have both in dynasty and re-draft)

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I flipped Terrance Williams for Alf last week and then immediately grabbed Matt Jones off of waivers. Now I have no idea what the gently caress to do with them.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I also have dez bryant and andre ellington, the dolphins D... yet i'm still 2-0!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm benching Miller. For Le'Veon Bell :getin:

and chris johnson at rb2, gently caress my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Now that PFF doesn't offer it's premium stats to subscribers, is a place where I can find stats that are similar?

Particularly Yards After/Before Contact. My google skills are failing me here.

• Locked thread