Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

Essendon wants Dahlhaus for Carlisle. Dodoro showing that he's very enthusiastic about trading.

It's bad but it's still not as bad as Ollie Wines + 1st rounder so that's improvement I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm only 6 foot and saw Luke Hodge leave a pub and get into his car and the next thing I know he was driving over my legs repeatedly in the car park and laughing about it

Was THIS the man you saw son?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Thursday's Adelaide Advertiser had Dangerfield on the front and back covers. 5 pages in sport and 3 pages in the front.

Not sure why he could possibly want to leave.

Also Michelangelo Rucci has been given life membership in the Australian Football Media Association. :wtc:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Largepotato posted:

Thursday's Adelaide Advertiser had Dangerfield on the front and back covers. 5 pages in sport and 3 pages in the front.

Not sure why he could possibly want to leave.

Also Michelangelo Rucci has been given life membership in the Australian Football Media Association. :wtc:

He better not ever pick up the Geelong Advertiser then.

Actually wouldn't be too surprising if he moved to a place on the western edge of Melbourne.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Nutsngum posted:

Actually wouldn't be too surprising if he moved to a place on the western edge of Melbourne.

Pretty sure the whole point is that he's moving back to Moggs Creek.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Nutsngum posted:

Was THIS the man you saw son?

:drat:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I've picked both WA teams this weekend in work's knock out comp.

RIP me

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Testekill posted:

Essendon wants Dahlhaus for Carlisle. Dodoro showing that he's very enthusiastic about trading.

Seriously, is Adrian Dodoro a moron or just a huge oval office?
I bet he has a side business as a loving domain name squatter.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

pkid posted:

Seriously, is Adrian Dodoro a moron or just a huge oval office?
I bet he has a side business as a loving domain name squatter.

From most reports he is a massive, massive oval office.

Still, just for the sake of something loving hilarious and so dumb that for once isn't of our doing - Carlisle, Dempsey and Ambrose for Dahlhaus, The Bont and Stringer. Just something to make the collective footy world lose their minds. Do it for the comedy, Doggies.

e: also, I love some of the BF people justifying the (probably) farce appointment of Worsfold. Their argument against people calling Essendon a shambles for not follow the process is that we still followed A process

thepokey fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 25, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Carlisle for Dahlhaus actually manages to trump Dahlhaus & pick 6 for pick 2 which Melbourne offered last year. Yes, because we'd trade away Dahlhaus for a four pick upgrade.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

thepokey posted:

e: also, I love some of the BF people justifying the (probably) farce appointment of Worsfold. Their argument against people calling Essendon a shambles for not follow the process is that we still followed A process

that process being that essendon does what they want whenever they want at all times?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Not giving the Roos much of a chance against the Eagles tomorrow night, but tonight, oh boy that looks like a great matchup, hope they smash each other into oblivion and Luke Hodge is run over by an on field ambulance.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

whats the specifics of sydneys trade sanctions? i reckon theyd love to get ahold of yarran

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

James Podsiadly has announced his retirement from AFL

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I will take a tight, gruelling Dockers win with satisfaction because gently caress Ross Lyon. It would be fun to see him lose yet another granny

I don't want Hawthorn to win because Luke Hodge ran over my dog and then got out of the car and pissed on my lawn

Negligent fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 25, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'll have one Fremantle by a record margin, please.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

snaeksikn posted:

whats the specifics of sydneys trade sanctions? i reckon theyd love to get ahold of yarran

They're limited to offering a max of $450k a year to a given player, it was lifted from the $350k restriction.

hiddenmovement posted:

Make mine a double

Spedman fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 25, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Nutsngum posted:

From the sounds of one of the "it's a done deal" articles (so take that with a grain of salt) earlier he might already have a setup on the Bellarine.

Tonight? Freo have had the extra week's rest and they'll play the narrow ground better, so it should be fairly tight. All it would take is Hawthorn to go nuts in one quarter though because Freo don't have any loving clue how to attack.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Can't get anyone for over I think 350k a year

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

that process being that essendon does what they want whenever they want at all times?

They were literally arguing that even to board a private jet to Adelaide involves processes. Like to the point where they were pointing out that it had to be organised and noted the definition of the word "process" and how everything we've done matches the definition.

Thankfully, and surprisingly, it seems that's the minority in there at the moment. Most of them are just either not happy with anything Essendon does, or just seem to be holding onto a last bit of sanity hoping we don't do something stupid, again.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Me too

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

How many premiership coaches are on t he market right now?

Because if the selection criteria includes 'has won a flag' theres really no point interviewing people who haven't, like Ross Lyon.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Can you imagine if North somehow beat West Coast tomorrow?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm 100% on board for the premier to come from 8th.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spedman posted:

They're limited to offering a max of $450k a year to a given player, it was lifted from the $350k restriction.

So they couldn't back load a contract with anyone picked up this year to get around it then?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Testekill posted:

I would be OK with this

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

So they couldn't back load a contract with anyone picked up this year to get around it then?

I'm pretty sure that's per year over the life of the contract

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Testekill posted:

I don't want to think about it. Would have to go down as one of the biggest finals chokes of all time if West Coast lose

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Negligent posted:

I would be OK with this

Ross Lyon vs Brad Scott, one of them gets a flag?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Negligent posted:

How many premiership coaches are on t he market right now?

In more ways than one!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Negligent posted:

I would be OK with this

I'd be fine with it but I assume that all of Western Australia would be burnt to the ground if it happened.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'll be able to get on the Norf bandwagon only if Freo get up tonight, otherwise I'm a blue & gold man until Sunday week

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I want Freo to win tonight and then Freo to win next week. It's hard to imagine Norf as the premiers. Would there be a weirder premiership win than that?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'll be supporting the poos and wees if Freo get done and WC get up, I can never support the Eagles in a GF.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Pederson has been re-contracted which hopefully means Dawes can get accustomed to a Casey jumper next year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

I'd be fine with it but because I assume that all of Western Australia would be burnt to the ground if it happened.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'd support Freo over North (they won the only GF I've been to, beating us) but any team over the Hawks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I don't really want any team this year to win the flag. They are all poo poo in their own ways.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

It wouldn't be footy if people weren't whingeing about something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hawks can win if they keep up the pressure, Freo has no staying power. OTOH, its the home ground and they've had a rest. But they can still lose, they've only had impressive wins over mediocre teams there lately. OTOOH, Hawks aren't the same team that was effortlessly crushing all in its path earlier in the season.

If Weagles can't beat Norf they don't deserve a crack at the cup.

• Locked thread