Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Thank you.

Trading sucks.

Obligatory reminder that drafting tradebait is for dumbies

:the more you know:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

I absolutely would do this. Tate's great and all, but he's banged up and that team is listing. I think Anderson has a good night tonight and if he does then you've just bought low on a starting RB1.

Worst case scenario for you is that Denver really is a tire fire (unlikely), or that Hillman gets the job somehow, in which case you acquired a high-upside handcuff. It really depends on your team, but from a risk/reward perspective I think the numbers are in your favour.

Tonight? I thought it was just Giants Skins

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It is he is mistaken.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I hear you, but he would go from 8th in the league at both QB and TE (fantasypros ecr *handwank*) to 2nd while retaining a dynamite RB corps. He needs to improve on his production at those positions to get out of the 0-2 hole. Relative positional value dawg. But I get that Bell is almost to Charles Sims level of value so it would be tough to part with him.

Fair enough.

Go to any Dynasty forum with that question, and you will be mocked, and laughed at. QBs and TEs are a dime a dozen, but a young generational back like Bell is worth his weight in gold.

6 pt TDs may skew it a little, but not near as much as seem you think.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

It does seem like everyone posting about starting Jones has Miller doesn't it? (I have both in dynasty and re-draft)

I'm also on that wagon, oddly enough. Anyone else draft Miller as their RB1?? :ohdear:

to be fair my receivers are Antonio Brown and OBJ but my RB situation is looking rough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is Miami DST dogshit or do I grab them over a Carolina defense against a wounded Drew Brees?

Decisions decisions.

I also have to decide between starting Miller, Abdullah, Martin, and Jones in my LOL 8 team standard work league. God I hate 8 team leagues.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is Miami DST dogshit or do I grab them over a Carolina defense against a wounded Drew Brees?

Decisions decisions.

I also have to decide between starting Miller, Abdullah, Martin, and Jones in my LOL 8 team standard work league. God I hate 8 team leagues.

If Katrina didn't finish off Brees then I don't expect a Keuchly-less Panthers to either

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Decisions decisions.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If Katrina didn't finish off Brees then I don't expect a Keuchly-less Panthers to either

It isn't certain whether Keuchley is out or not, he will be evaluated today or tomorrow unless I missed any news. Also, the Saints have looked like absolute dogshit both games so an injured Brees wouldn't scare me and I would be inclined to play the Panthers over the Dolphins. The Dolphins D has looked lost and the Bills have put up respectable points/ydg the first two games.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Upon further reflection I'm staying off the Matt Jones hype train, I remembered being a part of the Bobby Rainey TNF suicide cult last year

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Bellmaker posted:

Upon further reflection I'm staying off the Matt Jones hype train, I remembered being a part of the Bobby Rainey TNF suicide cult last year

I mean no one here has been suggesting Jones instead of solid options at RB. But when deciding between a bunch of question marks and broken vets and then Jones, its not a terrible play.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Changing it up a bit, here's an unfortunate post I had to make on my league board today.

quote:

Hey guys, listen. We can't change the scoring to become a PPR league after the draft. Decimals, fine. But you cannot change the scoring after the draft is over.

Look, it actually helps my team. But that is straight-up SHENANIGANS.

Every single person in this league drafts differently with PPR in mind. Please go back to the scoring we all agreed on before the draft, I know every single list I prepared before the draft changes SIGNIFICANTLY with these scoring changes. Every single league across the country would call changing the scoring after the draft an absolute NO NO.

Said with the upmost respect and zero anger but seriously we can't do that.

and here's the infuriating answer. Reminder: this is the commissioner who didn't know who Travis Kelcey was.

quote:

Basically, the changes I made were more specific scoring on yards gained (QB - .3 for every 10 yards vs. 1 point for every 25 yards; .1 for every yard gained for RB & REC vs 1 point for 10 yards). I took out the points per reception or any other bonuses I had checked off before. If this is so offensive, I'll change it back and you can screw your percentages.

And I'm pretty sure that NO ONE drafted differently with a PPR in mind. I guarantee that even with Galante's 4 fake draft sheets hidden throughout his house, he didn't put that much thought into it.

And I'll give the victory back to Beast - that's only fair.

I posted copies of beer sheets showing different PPR for different draft preps I did to show uh, yeah moron, some people prepare differently for PPR leagues. Go gently caress your mother.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I can forgive him for being a new commish, but not understanding that PPR significantly changes how everyone drafts is a pretty scrubby move. Like, it just takes reading any article about PPR to understand that it's a legitimately big change and isn't just "And now some dudes get an extra point sometimes". If you're not willing to dump the league then you need to just find and link like a dozen articles to him about how PPR drafting is different. Hell if anything just show him some pre-draft article that has both standard and PPR scoring and ask him why they'd do that if it wasn't a big deal. Though it sounds like he maybe just won't get it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

kiimo posted:

Changing it up a bit, here's an unfortunate post I had to make on my league board today.

and here's the infuriating answer. Reminder: this is the commissioner who didn't know who Travis Kelcey was.

I posted copies of beer sheets showing different PPR for different draft preps I did to show uh, yeah moron, some people prepare differently for PPR leagues. Go gently caress your mother.

Leave this league yesterday.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

VDay posted:

I'm starting Matt Jones tonight and probably getting like 4 points. Thanks Lamar Miller/Dolphins and injuries. :argh:

I'm 0-2, starting Jones tonight at FLEX over Miller. Hurts, but I'm hopeful since Jones is a pretty exciting waiver claim.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5ppr

Jhill for Dez+Lamar

Who wins?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Fleetwood posted:

I'm 0-2, starting Jones tonight at FLEX over Miller. Hurts, but I'm hopeful since Jones is a pretty exciting waiver claim.

Make sure to actually start him in a RB slot and not your Flex.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

old dog child posted:

0.5ppr

Jhill for Dez+Lamar

Who wins?

The person getting Hill.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Fleetwood posted:

I'm half-tempted to start him as well as a Miller owner just so I have a fantasy stake in tonight's game, but Doug Martin, Golden Tate and Davante Adams don't exactly excite me as alternatives. Decisions.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 25, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I did indeed mean Sunday night, not tonight. Sorry for the confusion.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Gobias Ind. posted:

Make sure to actually start him in a RB slot and not your Flex.

Changed. Thanks.

I'm also a Mike Evans owner. Life is tough right now.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Go to any Dynasty forum with that question, and you will be mocked, and laughed at. QBs and TEs are a dime a dozen, but a young generational back like Bell is worth his weight in gold.

6 pt TDs may skew it a little, but not near as much as seem you think.

That's why I asked here. Everyone's so nice.

kiimo posted:

Can you get your money back? Your commissioner seems to be a little defensive about having his rule changes challenged and that never ends well. You can't get the NFLPA involved.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Found some inside info on the football guys forum. Time to start Michael......

quote:

buddy of mine went to college with joe randle.  played beer pong with him a couple times when he came to visit during the summer.  nice guy, despite all his issues.  anyhoo, I ended up with Randle in a couple leagues.  didn't really want him just fell too far and had to pull the trigger.  hit my buddy up to see what was going on after a lackluster first two weeks.  apparently Randle was pretty pissed that they traded for CMike in the first place.  said it showed a lack of confidence in him.  he is a very fragile dude.  wasn't nuts about the McFadden acquisition either but got over that one (he said McFadden is a ##### anyway and wouldn't be able to stay on the field).  but the CMike stuff really rubbed him the wrong way, so he has been tanking and I guess the coaching staff got wind of it.  long story short, it's sounding like CMike time starts this week.  he was a FA in one of my leagues, I just used $69 of my $100 FAAB budget on him.  waivers run at noon today, will keep u all posted.

this is absolutely huge if true.

drizzle fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 25, 2015

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

As someone who has him in a 14 team league with RBs of Hill and Ivory, this pleases me.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
So I think I have a decent team and want to trade some of my WR riches into a little better RBs. 6pt TD, 1 PPR, and 3 pt bonus for 100 yard games. QB/3WR/2RB/Flex

My team is:

QB: Ryan, Smith
WR: Brown, Green, Hilton, Fitz, K. Allen, T. Williams, Quick
RB: Morris, Crowell, Mathews, Duke Johnson
TE: Gillmore (was ASJ before he was injured)

I am really not sure how to value the receivers I have, but I think I should be able to get a significant upgrade since we can start at most 4 WRs and I have 5 that I think most teams would be happy to start at the moment. I need some ideas if what range of RBs I should target. I was thinking Fitz would be a good guy to move at the moment, but I am open to all ideas.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

drizzle posted:

So if you have randle and McFadden, do you drop McFadden for Michael? Or just wait on it.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

drizzle posted:

Fantasy Football 2015: This is absolutely huge if true

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

weekly font posted:

Leave this league yesterday.

I can't. It's work people from Groundlings and some relationships I have to nurture. Besides that I have a badass team. It's the principle but I will be fine.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BigFactory posted:

So if you have randle and McFadden, do you drop McFadden for Michael? Or just wait on it.

Maybe not falling for "my uncle works at Nintendo" stories would be the best decision?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Trade question: I give Stevie Johnson, get Giovani Bernard. Half PPR

Current Team:

QB: Brees, Dalton
RB: Forsett, M Gordon, CJ Spiller, Andre Ellington, D Freeman, Matt Jones
WR: D Thomas, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Stevie Johnson, Allen Robinson
TE: Greg Olsen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reik posted:

Trade question: I give Stevie Johnson, get Giovani Bernard. Half PPR

Current Team:

QB: Brees, Dalton
RB: Forsett, M Gordon, CJ Spiller, Andre Ellington, D Freeman, Matt Jones
WR: D Thomas, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Stevie Johnson, Allen Robinson
TE: Greg Olsen

I think you "need" Stevie here more than you need Gio, but the trade is fair.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RVProfootballer posted:

Maybe not falling for "my uncle works at Nintendo" stories would be the best decision?

Worth dropping Dwayne Allen for, I figure :shrug:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

365 Nog Hogger posted:

0-2 and in last place in work league I'm commish for, this is my team:

Luck
Lacy, Morris, Martin, Blount, CJ2K
Cobb, Maclin, Tate, T.Will, Martavis
Bennett, Cook
Josh Brown
Da Browns

Should I take the money and give my two weeks or what

Started Morris again this week :suicide:

Just got an offer I was about to reject with reason "lol" but thoughts on a counter offer maybe?

Offer:
Give: Luck
Get: Stafford, Gore

His team:
Bradford, Stafford
AJ Green, Watkins, Dez
Hyde, Gore, Freeman, Yeldon, Coleman, Hayne, D.Lewis
M.Bryant
DEN

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

89 posted:

Worth dropping Dwayne Allen for, I figure :shrug:

It's as good a time as any to stash him. The Cowboys ground game hasn't lit the world on fire with Randle and McFadden leading the charge, and twitter reported Michael was getting some first team work today. It's likely they at least start to install him as a short yardage back this week or next. The opportunity is obviously there with only mediocre competition in front of him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

You are wise.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I believe some of those ~football rumors~. Like I stayed away from Brees in all my leagues because Junior Gallette tweeted that everyone in the organization knew Brees' arm was shot. His arm strength does look really subpar this year and he already is getting bad ruminations about his shoulder.

I doubt Christine Michael is going to suddenly be the guy in Dallas though, or even if you want to be part of that offense with the Weeden/Cassel hype train. If the coaching staff is indeed pissed at Randle then the totes are probably going to be DMC and Dunbar for the foreseeable future.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

RVProfootballer posted:

For real. A.) If this guy really had such good ~*~insider information~*~, why would he use so much FAAB on a guy he could almost certainly pick up for free? and B.) He loving bid $69!!!! nice.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Thats a good point about the bid.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
With my RBs of Peterson, Morris, Yeldon, David Johnson, and Taliaferro and a league with no waivers where not one person gives a poo poo about Zo, I feel like i could pretty safely drop him this week for Michael if he's going to be limited Sunday, and then if (when) nothing comes of it, could probably pick Zo back up with no consequence. I just don't want to be the idiot and do with him what I did with McKinnon last year and throw away a flex play because I kept waffling him to the point that my leaguemates caught on.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

DeepDickPizza posted:

For real. A.) If this guy really had such good ~*~insider information~*~, why would he use so much FAAB on a guy he could almost certainly pick up for free? and B.) He loving bid $69!!!! nice.

Was going to post exactly this with the addition of :lol: at an NFL starting running back who is fighting for his job tanking because he's mad his team acquired a prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dandy Kaiser posted:

With my RBs of Peterson, Morris, Yeldon, David Johnson, and Taliaferro and a league with no waivers where not one person gives a poo poo about Zo, I feel like i could pretty safely drop him this week for Michael if he's going to be limited Sunday, and then if (when) nothing comes of it, could probably pick Zo back up with no consequence. I just don't want to be the idiot and do with him what I did with McKinnon last year and throw away a flex play because I kept waffling him to the point that my leaguemates caught on.

Snaps Zo has in the NFL this year: greater than 0
Snaps Cmike has this year: 0

loving stupid rumors posted about Zo in this thread: 0
loving stupid rumors posted about Cmike in this thread: 1

Yeah, definitely drop Zo for Cmike. Clearly Zo is the one without the clear path to fantasy points. Nevermind his 10 points last week.

• Locked thread