Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Blooshoo posted:

I was lost in a huge confusing apartment complex last night, and was wondering; do cops have some kind of mapping software or map book or something for these places, or do you just kinda learn it as it's in your area?

Google maps. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I always assumed that the software on the MDTs would include GPS that allows dispatch to basically drop a pin on the location and it automatically shows up and/or gives directions to the officer. Then I found out how many departments didn't even have MDTs in the cars...

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Scruff McGruff posted:

I always assumed that the software on the MDTs would include GPS that allows dispatch to basically drop a pin on the location and it automatically shows up and/or gives directions to the officer. Then I found out how many departments didn't even have MDTs in the cars...

Branis drives a mid 80s Bronco that pumps exhaust fumes into the passenger compartment, he'd be lucky to get ahold of one of smiling jack's new type writers much less an MDT.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

To anybody coming to DC to see the pope: gently caress you.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Love you too

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Branis drives a mid 80s Bronco that pumps exhaust fumes into the passenger compartment, he'd be lucky to get ahold of one of smiling jack's new type writers much less an MDT.

hey we have computers, they just still run on windows 95, also our printers are possibly the last dot matrix printers in existence.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
so you're saying you do drive a bronco, right?

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
We only get chevy blazers :(

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Turned on the news this evening and it was just: POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE POPE

Apparently nothing else happened in the world today.

My PIO friends are happy as this means the news people wont be harassing them for the next few days.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

deratomicdog posted:

We only get chevy blazers :(

Gross

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

A buddy of mine that goes to GW just said the same thing. I can only imagine how lovely it's getting /going to be.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Only if you work in an area with cell service.

I carry paper maps of the county, legit. Or dispatch radios directions from our current location.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Considering the day before the pope visited DC metro had a fire at one of their station how has the rest of the poo poo show been going?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Uh they just had a massive power failure overnight so it's pretty funny. Metro is going to completely collapse under its own weight today and it will be glorious.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Cop question for Cops:

It gets mentioned a lot, so I'm gonna ask: How/Why do detectives have girlfriend(s)?

Do they just accumulate loose women by preying on the vulnerable and desperate ones they interact with professionally?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

Cop question for Cops:

It gets mentioned a lot, so I'm gonna ask: How/Why do detectives have girlfriend(s)?

Do they just accumulate loose women by preying on the vulnerable and desperate ones they interact with professionally?

Gotta go investigate some pussy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Cop question for Cops:

plus leaving in the middle of the night after getting a phone call is just a regular :airquote: work :airquote: thing.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
So, I just want to confirm, the police k9s are or are not addicted to drugs.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
they are basically junkies lookin for a score.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

they are basically junkies lookin for a score.

and by score, you mean with a chew toy

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dear copgoons serious question: are you less likely to make traffic stops in heavy rain?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Dear copgoons serious question: are you less likely to make traffic stops in heavy rain?

If you want to smuggle mass quantities of drugs and guns, do it in the rain. Flawless plan. Unless you crash, then ditch and run. :ssh:

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Maybe, but I'm also more likely to write tickets for the stupid poo poo I see in the rain

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Pretty much instant conviction when the Judge sees a previously soaked ticket. They know something serious happened to make me stand out in the rain and put pen to paper.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Carry an umbrella and you won't get wet when you walk up to the driver. :shrug:

For how convenient an umbrella is when it comes to accidents / directing traffic, I'm surprised I've never seen more cops use them. Come to think of it I've never seen anyone use one.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It wouldn't be very practical at night when you're already carrying a flashlight in one hand.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

It wouldn't be very practical at night when you're already carrying a flashlight in one hand.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Rain fucks with radar especially if it is raining hard so less likely unless it's dumb poo poo

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

No Excuses :colbert:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
^False flag.

Chief's never leave the office, or work.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Incorrect. Mine leaves every day to pick up his half priced chick fil a

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

deratomicdog posted:

Incorrect. Mine leaves every day to pick up his half priced chick fil a

You get half price Jesus chicken???

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

ActusRhesus posted:

You get half price Jesus chicken???

Yea, Chick Fil A loves them some cops. Not so much the gays.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What about gay cops?

Like shep?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

They give him the discount but throw a bunch of catholic conversion camp brochures in the bag.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

It's don't ask don't tell

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

They give him the discount but throw a bunch of catholic conversion camp brochures in the bag.

thats loving weird cuz the founder was a southern baptist. when corporate finds out theyve got an idol worshiping franchisee poo poo is gonna hit the fan

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
wonder if my badge would work...

and yes...Jesus Chicken is evangelical. No papist hocus pocus allowed.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Just go in there open carrying wearing one of those retarded concealed carry holder badges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

deratomicdog posted:

Just go in there open carrying wearing one of those retarded concealed carry holder badges

nah. I've got a pretty sweet one. and a card that says I am authorized to do poo poo involving justice...I should probably actually read it and see what it says. Not really good for much other than scaring tailgaters and making temp prosecutors feel inadequate.

• Locked thread