Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know why the chance of labour winning the 2017 election has shot up past 50% on iPredict in the last few days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

focal ischemia posted:

Does anyone know why the chance of labour winning the 2017 election has shot up past 50% on iPredict in the last few days?

Flag bullshit?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

focal ischemia posted:

John Key hosed a pig?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Because they've publicly expressed their disappointment in the Greens for pursuing a private agenda over the flag rather than blindly endorsing Labour's position, thus demonstrating to the "center" that they won't be a government beholden to Green policies despite the political reality that they can't hold power without being so?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

focal ischemia posted:

At this point its still only like... $30-60 bucks to swing that much? (I haven't looked, also deleted ipredict account after last election)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Has anyone ever commented on how he looks like an actual muppet? Like not as an insult just in a statement of actual resemblance.

Look at his mouth (Stewart Little's, that is)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You should get a job at Media Works.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Or the Herald! http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11519500 (Ugh)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I read that this morning and it took me three tries to get through it. What is she actually trying to say? It seems like she's mocking, but then in the same breath she seems to be serious, and I genuinely can't figure out what she's trying to say.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

quote:

It was about pride in our country getting a mention
Yeah because everyone loves how our media insists on getting a NZ angle no matter what. Kiwi living in a city near where an earthquake happened? Interview. Japan causes an upset in the rugby? There are NZ players (or something) in the team so let's write about that. Russell bloody Crowe won an award? Don't forget he's kind of a kiwi!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elected a Prime Minister that gets off on tugging the ponytails of waitstaff? So proud. Withdrew from Kyoto because we'd been sabotaging our emissions efforts for years and would've been punished for it? 100% proud.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

was she actually serious? i thought it was some kind of satire and kept waiting for the joke, maybe that's why i got confused

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Being proud of your country is as retarded as being proud of your race.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lol but she's an import

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Being proud of your country is as retarded as being proud of your race.

Almost as dumb as being proud of your family or proud of yourself

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wandle Cax posted:

Almost as dumb as being proud of your family or proud of yourself

So how many white pride leaflets are you subscribed to?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They're right though Barons.

In their case it would be just as dumb to be proud of themselves.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

You can subscribe to those? I haven't even seen one in all my years in the north.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

You can subscribe to those? I haven't even seen one in all my years in the north.

They only mail to the south island and hamilton AFAIK.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

So if you feel positive emotions or affinity towards the place you came from, i.e. experience human emotions, you're a racist huh, i guess i can't argue with that logic now excuse me i'm off to have a beer with john

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If you experience positive emotions or affinity in the form of pride over an abstract concept of the broadest kinds of community afforded by being in the same wide geographical area as each other, or the same vague colour of skin as another, then you are loving awful. Feel some pride for things that are actually an achievement, not simply circumstances of birth.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wandle Cax posted:

So if you feel positive emotions or affinity towards the place you came from, i.e. experience human emotions, you're a racist huh, i guess i can't argue with that logic now excuse me i'm off to have a beer with john

No, you're just a loving moron if you are proud to be born in/move to a country, or proud of being born with a skin colour.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

If you experience positive emotions or affinity in the form of pride over an abstract concept of the broadest kinds of community afforded by being in the same wide geographical area as each other, or the same vague colour of skin as another, then you are loving awful. Feel some pride for things that are actually an achievement, not simply circumstances of birth.

Can you be proud of your parents for accomplishing the task of choosing NZ as a place to poop you out?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

gently caress being proud of anything beyond yourself and your own individual achievements! Your country is just the geographic area that bounds your state, which governs all the institutions that determine to a large extent who you are and how you understand yourself. But no, gently caress being proud of that its just an abstract concept!!!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

No, you're just a loving moron if you are proud to be born in/move to a country, or proud of being born with a skin colour.

:allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I dunno I imagine my parents were pretty proud for moving themselves and me out of an eastern european shithole to here so I could piss away my youth getting boy racer tickets instead of joining a militia or something.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
New Zealanders unironically defending patriotism itt.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Infotainment! posted:

New Zealanders unironically defending patriotism itt.

"why do we need a new flag this is so dumb"

*goes on jingoistic rant about how proud they are to be born in a place*

:psyduck:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"why do we need a new flag this is so dumb"

*goes on jingoistic rant about how proud they are to be born in a place*

"Why does our car need a new paint job this is so dumb"

*tells anyone that they enjoy driving*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

"Why does everyone make terrible analogies?"

*makes terrible analogy to point out how terrible another analogy is*

:smug:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I loving having been born somewhere, gently caress those other places i was born here so i am proud of that, my chest swells with pride when i see the shape of the place i happened to be. wow. I'm spurting with pride juice.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who's going to ask for a silver fern themed fleshlight this year?

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wears "made here" t shirt, says "I'm not racist but", works at film commission, forces writer to include stereotypical giggling Maori that is only in one scene and is irrelevant to the plot, hi 5s self while yelling "gently caress yeah biculturalism".

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

I'm getting one with a ponytail on the back

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

32 fronds to enhance the pleasure.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No no guys he's right you could literally be born anywhere and it would make no difference. When someone asks where you're from you just give them a GPS location because it matters about the same.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
That nothing to do with being proud. It's loving luck.

I'm lucky to have been born in New Zealand. I'm proud that I'm not a dick about it.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fong posted:

No no guys he's right you could literally be born anywhere and it would make no difference. When someone asks where you're from you just give them a GPS location because it matters about the same.

"Haha shame oval office, born in Bangladesh. What a fuckin loser bro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Somfin posted:

"Why does our car need a new paint job this is so dumb"

*tells anyone that they enjoy driving*

:iiaca: