Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I just want to see a good game.</nanna>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i reckon freo will be fully intent on repeating west coast's pressure heavy tactics and 2 trips to perth in 3 weeks is going to fatigue a few of the hawks

that said, if the hawks get up tonight and then somehow beat (most likely) west coast in the grand final next week its pretty hard to argue they don't deserve the 3rd straight flag. definitely doing things the hard way this year

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
So apparently majak daw flew over to Perth, but wasn't even named as an emergency. Late Goldy withdrawal?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

in a cunning gambit, the roos will stack their forward line with talls to stretch the eagles undersized defence, a tactic that has been so successful against west coast all year

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Hawks by 19 tonight.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Hawks by 50

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Kreuzer has inked a new two-year-deal that will put him in the navy blue jumper until the end of 2017. 

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I ask myself can the dockers play Lyon ball and shut down a close, low scoring game for four quarters? Yeah hawthorns travels might help with that but it seems unlikely. Still, i reckon they will manage it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ZombieJesus posted:

So apparently majak daw flew over to Perth, but wasn't even named as an emergency. Late Goldy withdrawal?

Jumping bail?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

Kreuzer has inked a new two-year-deal that will put him in the navy blue jumper until the end of 2017. 

There goes Carltons chance of getting pick 1+2.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

ewe2 posted:

If Weagles can't beat Norf they don't deserve a crack at the cup.

snaeksikn posted:

that said, if the hawks get up tonight and then somehow beat (most likely) west coast in the grand final next week its pretty hard to argue they don't deserve the 3rd straight flag. definitely doing things the hard way this year

:agreed:

...I want a derby gf so badly. Even if it means Perth will implode.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
A derby grand final would be amazing if it ended in a draw.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
"Let's tear this place apart!"

My only wish is that the giant statue of Colin Barnett at Elizabeth Quay be finished so it can gaze down on Perth as it is utterly destroyed.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

snaeksikn posted:

i reckon freo will be fully intent on repeating west coast's pressure heavy tactics and 2 trips to perth in 3 weeks is going to fatigue a few of the hawks

We have had some stupid losses this year, the difficulty is basically our own fault for losing to Essendon or GWS, if one of those was reversed, the extra win would've actually had us finish first which would've made things more cruisey.

But, all our finals have been on the Friday, so there is at least the routine there, which might be the help dealing with the flights. I think also because, basically, West Coast is the tougher opposition out of them and Fremantle, so at least the game against them wasn't sudden death.

Tonight's 50/50 I think, if Hawthorn can get those passing chains happening mixed up with the precision kicking, and make that work on Subiaco, well, that's what I'm hoping for, but whether that's allowed to happen...

It'd be hilarious if North won tomorrow, but I can't see it happening at all.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

There's noone in the finals atm I really have an issue with.

I have no issues with Hawthorn for obvious reasons.
I have no issues with WC because most of my family is from somewhere out that way and are rabid fans. Some are even members and have offered GF tickets.
I have no issues with Freo because Pav and Sandi deserve one ffs.
I have no issues with Norf because I have more than a few Norf fans who are always suffering with their godforsaken team and who deserve it more than any other fanbase.

I'm expecting Hawthorn to win by 7 and WC to win by 70.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 25, 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Actually now I think about it any combination not invovling Hawthorn is amazing. We either get the team that tanked for 8th spot fighting all the way to the Grand Final lead by the oldest man in the league by far, or we get a Derby GF.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

In the event of a Derby gf: burn down the airport after the last plane has departed for Melbourne

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Negligent posted:

In the event of a Derby gf: burn down the airport after the last plane has departed for Melbourne

And then destroy the highways so they have to walk home

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Negligent posted:

Only if you give us warning to burn down tullamarine while they're in flight

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I guess you really want them to stay in Melbourne and gloat

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Schlesische posted:

There's noone in the finals atm I really have an issue with.

I have no issues with Hawthorn for obvious reasons.
I have no issues with WC because most of my family is from somewhere out that way and are rabid fans. Some are even members and have offered GF tickets.
I have no issues with Freo because Pav and Sandi deserve one ffs.
I have no issues with Norf because I have more than a few Norf fans who are always suffering with their godforsaken team and who deserve it more than any other fanbase.
North have actually won flags in the last twenty years (then again, so has Carlton, just). You think about it, even though their first VFL flag took 50 years, compare that with St Kilda, a foundation team, that didn't win a flag until 1966, came close a few times fairly recently only to get pipped at the siren and yet manage to hold a larger fan base than North. The Bulldogs being in a similar position, of course, although they'd come in at the same time as North.

In that respect it'd probably better if Freo won the whole shebang.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Counterpoint: It wouldn't be.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pictured: last helicopter leaving Perth after the weekend

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My flag preferences.

1. Freo - 1st flag, love Pav.
2. North - Flag from 8th would be fun.
3. WC - I dunno I'm kinda just indifferent to them. Wouldn't have a problem with them winning it.

9999999. Hawks - No thanks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Apparently Talia has been trying to call the coach all week and Beveridge hasn't picked up.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Apparently Talia has been trying to call the coach all week and Beveridge hasn't picked up.

I wonder if the Doggies off season shenanigans will come close to last years efforts.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Michael should have listened to Jimmy the Gent. He's gonna get himself Tommy'd.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

1. Hawks
2. Freo just cos they've never won before
3. WC just because gently caress North
4. gently caress North

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

People putting Hawthorn last I can understand, but why "gently caress Norf"?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

I would accept a Dockers premiership on the condition that Ross Lyon announced his immediate retirement from coaching at the post-game presser

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

People putting Hawthorn last I can understand, but why "gently caress Norf"?

Brad Scott,Boomer Harvey. Must we really go through this every time?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Beveridge doesn't strike me as the type to just not answer calls for no reason. I'd bet that Beveridge has heard all that he needs to hear from Talia and that any other conversation is just going to go "you're outta here and we probably can't even get poo poo for you now"

EDIT:

Darcy was giving it to Talia hard on MMM. I'm paraphrasing here but "if the allegations are found to be true... would be the greatest act of bastardry against a footy club..."
Just have to say thank you to Stratton and Lake for reporting to the club (I don't know who Lake called at the club) when they heard what Cheney said. I would say that the fact that the contacted us as soon as possible strongly indicates that they thought that it was important enough to necessitate.

EDIT 2: Found a summed up version of what Darcy said

Saying Pickering shouldn't comment on it because he's a biased source and that he's only commentating in a way that will protect his client. Also said it would be an enormous act of bastardy. Seems to believe it's of a very serious nature and that it was a very senior Hawthorn player that rang Bev, got the impression it wasn't Stratton. Said the details were of a very technical nature, not just that Talia wasn't in the lineup or something like that. Saying it probably goes beyond Dicko lining up on Smith or Stringer's role.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 25, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Did the ABC fly Gerard et al over for commentary or is it the usual Perth yokel crew?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I'm getting pumped. Can't believe I'm going to be cheering a Ross lyon team on at a prelim

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Damien Barrett also should shut the gently caress up in his sliding doors comment. Guess which team he praises and which team he gives poo poo to in this weeks column! Here's a hint, his whole thing on Adelaide is just saying "Tex Walker, what a guy"

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Brian Lake's kids :3:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

snaeksikn posted:

I'm getting pumped. Can't believe I'm going to be cheering a Ross lyon team on at a prelim

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://m.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/the-fart-that-cost-a-premiership/story-fniv5weh-1227541699772

Oh god, how have I never heard this story. It sounds like something out of a parody of a sports film

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

"If the Hawks can kick those 90 points, then they've gotta restrict Freo to around the 75 mark"

No, Lingy, they'd need to restrict them to 89 points...

Hoping for a big bag from Roughead tonight. Due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Did the ABC fly Gerard et al over for commentary or is it the usual Perth yokel crew?

They appear to have.

I have heard Whateley in Perth before,

• Locked thread