Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I benched Lamar for Jones so obviously start Lamar if you have him, he's going to get 20+ points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Who the gently caress is Chris Thompson.

Inquiring minds want to know.

w h o i s t h i s m a n.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Who the gently caress is Chris Thompson.

Inquiring minds want to know.

w h o i s t h i s m a n.

I put a flag on him and Jamison Crowder.

Because i believe doing so makes them magical.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm pretty pleased. Just traded Colston away for Ryan Mathews to cover me in case both Murray and Ivory are out.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wtf happened in that game? I couldn't watch since I was working, but 1st quarter Alfred Morris had 6 carries and...... ends the game with 6 carries? I get that they were playing from behind, but not from that far behind most of the time as far as I could tell. Did the Redskins just stop using him? Or did he get hurt? I haven't been able to find any information one way or the other.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

Wtf happened in that game? I couldn't watch since I was working, but 1st quarter Alfred Morris had 6 carries and...... ends the game with 6 carries? I get that they were playing from behind, but not from that far behind most of the time as far as I could tell. Did the Redskins just stop using him? Or did he get hurt? I haven't been able to find any information one way or the other.

They gave Matt Jones more carries. Neither looked great, but they definitely trusted Jones more...and he fumbled two yards outside of the end zone, haha. I don't think you can trust either Morris or Jones now. I'd lean towards Jones for next week, as he got plenty of early down and passing work, but maybe that fumble will push the Skins back towards boring reliable Morris?

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
I just traded Cardinals DST away for Tyrod to replace Romo. What a season this is shaping up to be...

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
To be honest I did kind of expect Jones to be used more than Morris, but to not be used at all after the 1st quarter was a surprise to me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

To be honest I did kind of expect Jones to be used more than Morris, but to not be used at all after the 1st quarter was a surprise to me.

Pretty sure he got two carries on their first possession in the 2nd half, went for 7 and 1 or 2 yards, then left on 3rd and 1 or 2 and didn't come back in. I agree, though, I'm surprised how quickly Jones seems to have taken the lead over Morris.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The Redskins couldn't sustain drives and a bunch ended quickly on turnovers. Then they got way behind and went pass heavy. The game script was basically "fail at every turn" so it was difficult for any player to get consistent touches. It does seem clear they favor Jones more now. Even his fumble was on a pretty nice run that would've been a touchdown. I'm kicking myself for starting him but he'll still make a nice depth RB for me. He'll have some real nice weeks.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Reid, Witten, Gates and Ebron are available and I'm thinking of dropping Ertz for one of theme (my starting TE is currently Bennett). Who'd be my best option?

Also, since I'm new to fantasy, a more general question: Week 5 will absolutely gently caress me in terms of bye week. I will lose Peterson, Ivory, B. Marshall and 2 WRs off my bench (barring injuries, I will still have a legal line-up, however). Is that even worth salvaging through the wire somehow, or should I just eat the loss?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I like how many targets Ebron is getting. He is a top 10 first round pick from last year. So...maybe this is when he puts it together?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just traded:

My: Golden Tate & Moncrief

For

Emmanuel Sanders & Shane Vereen

Vereen was basically free. Sanders joins Antonio Brown and Randall Cobb :getin:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Badly Jester posted:

Reid, Witten, Gates and Ebron are available and I'm thinking of dropping Ertz for one of theme (my starting TE is currently Bennett). Who'd be my best option?

Also, since I'm new to fantasy, a more general question: Week 5 will absolutely gently caress me in terms of bye week. I will lose Peterson, Ivory, B. Marshall and 2 WRs off my bench (barring injuries, I will still have a legal line-up, however). Is that even worth salvaging through the wire somehow, or should I just eat the loss?

Never eat losses, you need to try to win every game.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I got offered Luck for my Larry Fitzgerald. My current QB is Tannehill and I would be taking Kendall Wright off the bench to replace Fitz. Also have DJax on the bench but that's all my WR depth.

This is an accept, right?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

I like how many targets Ebron is getting. He is a top 10 first round pick from last year. So...maybe this is when he puts it together?

The only rain on the Ebron parade is that DET faces a very strong defense against TEs. Guys like Danny Trevathan are fast LBs that excel against pass catchers up the middle. That said, I am trotting him out if Cameron doesn't shake out.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I got offered Luck for my Larry Fitzgerald. My current QB is Tannehill and I would be taking Kendall Wright off the bench to replace Fitz. Also have DJax on the bench but that's all my WR depth.

You aren't in a desperate need for a QB. While your QB spot would definitely see an upgrade, your WR switch would be a significant downgrade (obligatory legal disclaimer about small sample sizes) with Wright subbing in for Fitz.

This is not the week to trade Fitz away. WRs post 7.3 more average points when facing SF compared to the league average. SF's secondary is no bueno. Benefit from Fitz's production all the way through Week 6 as he will face the DET, PIT, BAL secondaries, all which are bottom-feeding defenses.

If you want to really sell high, I would wait until right before they play CLE or SEA.

DJax is going to be next to meaningless this season (again). Cousins can barely land the ball to his tall, athletic TE.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bellmaker posted:

Upon further reflection I'm staying off the Matt Jones hype train, I remembered being a part of the Bobby Rainey TNF suicide cult last year

I am not wise. But he still got me a point. A point.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
me too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Pretty sure he got two carries on their first possession in the 2nd half, went for 7 and 1 or 2 yards, then left on 3rd and 1 or 2 and didn't come back in. I agree, though, I'm surprised how quickly Jones seems to have taken the lead over Morris.

Didn't Gruden really want to make the Matt Jones pick in the draft? That might explain the quick rise up the depth chart. I might have to play Jones again next week so hopefully he gets plenty of rest.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Standard scoring. Someone dropped CJ Anderson. Would you drop Frank Gore or Stevie Johnson for him? I feel like he could turn things around, but I also drafted Montee Ball last year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
^^ Anderson is worth a pickup, but are those the only guys you could drop? They should both be held onto.

I've been rolling with the Panthers D and was confidently going to start them against the Saints on Sunday. But somebody just dropped the Broncos - they're worth swapping, right? Denver's got a pretty cupcake schedule for the next month.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Chronicles posted:

Standard scoring. Someone dropped CJ Anderson. Would you drop Frank Gore or Stevie Johnson for him? I feel like he could turn things around, but I also drafted Montee Ball last year.

Drop your kicker and decide later. Is there nobody else you can get rid of?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've been rolling with the Panthers D and was confidently going to start them against the Saints on Sunday. But somebody just dropped the Broncos - they're worth swapping, right? Denver's got a pretty cupcake schedule for the next month.

Denver is looking like they may be an every week starting defense. I'd do it.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Them or Golden Tate I suppose

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Glad I didn't play Morris last night, now I get to pick between Yeldon and Gordon to play at RB2. Also, tried to trade Morris no one bit yesterday before the game, so they won't now, and if they do it will be a low ball. I will just let him ride the pine for awhile, maybe he will start getting snaps again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I ran him as my flex so I still have McCoy and Ingram running.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
that report about cmike was wrong Q_Q

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

I would accept, yes. Luck will be worse than last year and Fitz apparently will be better but last year Luck carried fantasy teams on his back. Well until the playoffs at least :mad:

(Maybe less clear if it's PPR, more clear if it's 6 point PTD.)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I'd do it yeah. Healthy TY should help down the road and if Gore stalls they can always call his old buddy Ahmad.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gyshall posted:

I dunno man, my uncle works for Nintendo, I mean, the Cowboys, and confirmed it.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

I dunno man, my uncle works for Nintendo, I mean, the Cowboys, and confirmed it.

this is absolutely huge if true.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Gyshall posted:

The report about first team reps? Yeah, it's looking increasingly likely he won't get work without an injury. Cowboys can't fit him in with the actives. Still, I dropped an injured JT for him so I'm content to wait a couple of weeks. Worth seeing how the offense changes without Dez and Romo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'd take Luck for Fitzgerald any day.There has to be some depth WR on the wire that's worth picking up.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

this is absolutely huge if true.

Great Biarves bid $69 for him!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

How's everyone feeling about Jordan Cameron this year?

Someone just dropped him in one of my leagues, and I'm debating dropping Nelson Agholor to pick him up - would be backing up Greg Olsen/possibly serving as trade bait.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 PPR, 2pts for 40yrd plus TDs, pick 2:

Mike Evans @Hou
Davante Adams vs KC
Jeremy Hill @Bal
Golden Tate vs Den

I currently have in Evans and Hill. However, I feel shaky on both, Evans has yet to score a point and while listed as probable it is a hamstring issue which always seem to linger. Hill, well we saw what happened last week, but he's a good bounce back candidate in my opinion.

Golden Tate has a safer floor in my opinion but he is facing one of the best defenses so benching him sounds smart to me. Davante is coming off an ankle injury, however the game is at home and against one of the worst secondaries in the league according to yahoo (1st in pts allowed to WRs). That fact could help Davante, but could also hurt him tremendously because if KC is that bad Cobb and Jones will probably get the bulk of the work since they're more likely to have the routes that burn defenders more often than not.

Thoughts?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 PPR, 2pts for 40yrd plus TDs, pick 2:

Mike Evans @Hou
Davante Adams vs KC
Jeremy Hill @Bal
Golden Tate vs Den

I currently have in Evans and Hill. However, I feel shaky on both, Evans has yet to score a point and while listed as probable it is a hamstring issue which always seem to linger. Hill, well we saw what happened last week, but he's a good bounce back candidate in my opinion.

Golden Tate has a safer floor in my opinion but he is facing one of the best defenses so benching him sounds smart to me. Davante is coming off an ankle injury, however the game is at home and against one of the worst secondaries in the league according to yahoo (1st in pts allowed to WRs). That fact could help Davante, but could also hurt him tremendously because if KC is that bad Cobb and Jones will probably get the bulk of the work since they're more likely to have the routes that burn defenders more often than not.

Thoughts?

Don't overthink it - keep what you have. Evans should bounce back, Hill fears are overblown and Latavius Murray put up like 16 points against Baltimore Suggs-less defense last week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Don't overthink it - keep what you have. Evans should bounce back, Hill fears are overblown and Latavius Murray put up like 16 points against Baltimore Suggs-less defense last week.

Yeah I feel like Hill is a no-brainer, it's really Evans I worry about. Famous Jameis seems to love him some VJax and Louis Murphy, of course Evans was a decoy last week so, I don't know. You're right too much thinking.

Cervixalot posted:

Someone just dropped him in one of my leagues, and I'm debating dropping Nelson Agholor to pick him up - would be backing up Greg Olsen/possibly serving as trade bait.

To answer you, I think he's worth the Agholor spot (though I refuse to drop Agholor in my re-draft league because I'm weird and dumb and think Chip is going to fix his ride anyday!), but forewarning, Cameron has a habit of missing the game you want to play him in the most. I know I know injury prone is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

He's got a lot of upside, but be prepared for him to miss games due to injuries.

• Locked thread