Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

anilEhilated posted:

Schweinhund!

(is that an actual word?)

Apparently, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

VolticSurge posted:

Translated. Nice try,Fascist!

I'm sorry man, but google lost some nuance and now I look like I'm a bad guy.

But hey, here's me pretending to want to stay on topic: You might all know slowbeef's Bloodborne thread.
But don't you sometimes wish you could watch someone go through the game with a little skill? Well, then go to Genocyber's Bloodborne thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736613
For all I know this has been recommended here already but it's good enough to warrant a second recommendation.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Schweinhund!

(is that an actual word?)

It's Schweinehund. Yes, it means pigdog.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

AstroWhale posted:

It's Schweinehund. Yes, it means pigdog.

Such a beautiful language. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

German was my favorite language in school, swearing in it is so much fun.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which King of Dragon's Pass LP is the best? Or should I read the most recent one by the unemployed guy?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
my king of dragon pass let's play is very good i recommend it

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I've really enjoyed those rare LPs where the LPer invents the narrative, like the spooky Animal Crossing one, or that weird space trading merchant game thingy I can't recall the name of. (2 alien friends start off by working in alien mcdonalds or something and then start trading merch over the galaxy)

Ahem, anyway, anything like that? Especially over the last year or so, as I've been quite inactive in this time.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powerfrog posted:

I've really enjoyed those rare LPs where the LPer invents the narrative, like the spooky Animal Crossing one, or that weird space trading merchant game thingy I can't recall the name of. (2 alien friends start off by working in alien mcdonalds or something and then start trading merch over the galaxy)

Ahem, anyway, anything like that? Especially over the last year or so, as I've been quite inactive in this time.

There's the Gta San Andreas one.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Powerfrog posted:

Anything The Dark Id does, and the currently running Dawn of War Dark Crusade LP.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Powerfrog posted:

or that weird space trading merchant game thingy I can't recall the name of. (2 alien friends start off by working in alien mcdonalds or something and then start trading merch over the galaxy)

Can I get a link to this?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

FillInTheBlank posted:

Can I get a link to this?

Here .

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Oh man, thanks for this. I was really racking my brain trying to remember it, and currently on a Rick and Morty binge watch, I can think of no better time to re-read this LP.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Whatever happened to the Dark Souls: Soul Level 1 LP that was live a few years ago? I can't find any mention of it on the master list.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If we're thinking of the same one, that was by ritcheyz.

...you can find out about him by yourself.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Powerfrog posted:

Oh man, thanks for this. I was really racking my brain trying to remember it, and currently on a Rick and Morty binge watch, I can think of no better time to re-read this LP.

All of Didja Redo's LPs are heavily narrative in tone, so if you like that one, the others are worth looking at. You might also try Mr. Swoon, particularly the (extremely silly) Monster Rancher ones.

Granted, they're all somewhat older LPs, but I thought they were worth mentioning. I like them all a lot!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Crosspeice posted:

If we're thinking of the same one, that was by ritcheyz.

...you can find out about him by yourself.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that was him. That explains it.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

BioEnchanted posted:

Thanks, I'd forgotten that was him. That explains it.
It does?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Yes, it's just drama that doesn't need to be brought up.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Which is why keep building up the mystery.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I heard his Dark Souls LP was more popular than Geop's, and so he was exiled.

Some say the game itself couldn't stand being clowned on and infected his computer with JAIDS.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

dscruffy1 posted:

I heard his Dark Souls LP was more popular than Geop's, and so he was exiled.

Some say the game itself couldn't stand being clowned on and infected his computer with JAIDS.

Can confirm this, it was a Geop and Jadestar double team. My uncle who works at the LP factory told me.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Scaramouche posted:

Can confirm this, it was a Geop and Jadestar double team. My uncle who works at the LP factory told me.

But it was still inferior to Squint's Dark Souls LP.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Zain posted:

But it was still inferior to Squint's Dark Souls LP.

All other Dark Souls LPs are inferior to Squint's Dark Souls LP.

E: \/ \/ \/ He did. http://lparchive.org/Demons-Souls/

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 25, 2015

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Wait, did Squint eventually do one or is that :thejoke:?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

Whatever happened to the Dark Souls: Soul Level 1 LP that was live a few years ago? I can't find any mention of it on the master list.

RitcheyZ went literally crazy, as in personality disorder crazy.

It's unfortunate because his LP was really good.

EDIT: That was I think one and a half years ago so you might be talking about some other LP.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Ekster posted:

EDIT: That was I think one and a half years ago so you might be talking about some other LP.

Perceptions of time don't really matter, it's probably the one they're thinking of.

However I do recall there was another SL1 LP of Dark Souls. Never checked it out, but I'm pretty sure it had a low thread rating, for whatever that's worth.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On a happier note with Ritcheyz, he seems to be doing fine now. He is active on twitter and seems OK. :unsmith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What are good let's players to follow right now?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
geop, slowbeef, raocow, putty, me

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, is there any LPs of Just Cause 1 and or 2? I wanna see a dashing hispanic murder his way through a small country.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

What are good let's players to follow right now?

LPers are like love. You don't look for one that's perfect every way, it's not there. You just look for one that that you can put up with most of the time.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, is there any LPs of Just Cause 1 and or 2? I wanna see a dashing hispanic murder his way through a small country.

I haven't seen one which surprises me. There might have been one for JC1 a few years back but I don't recall it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

bunnyofdoom posted:

Here's a pretty sweet Just Cause 2 LP by Speedyard aka Shotgun Butterfly: http://www.letsplayforum.net/showthread.php?4691-VLP-Just-Cause-2-An-Amusement-Park-of-Chaos
He's not a goon so this is an LP people here probably never saw. Unfortunately the linked-to forum is mainly inactive when it comes to LPing these days and the few who still do LP there are goons anyway and also post their LPs here.

While Speedy sometimes does stuff I'm not a big fan of in the beginning of the LP (quipping at cutscenes etc.) it gets better as soon as the second episode and he does a great job of showcasing why this game is awesome and he loves it and why you should play it too. His narrates the action in his own unique way. Overall I found his LP very enjoyable.

Sadly the guy doesn't LP anymore, which is sad, because he left a very good Arkham Asylum LP unfinished.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

LPers are like love. You don't look for one that's perfect every way, it's not there. You just look for one that that you can put up with most of the time.

And just like love, it's better to be with more than one at a time?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't know... There's some LPers I'd call perfect in every way... Like Richard Gamingo

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C and I are pretty much perfect.

Also Retsuprae.

Slowbeef's single stuff is pretty ok, just don't take it too seriously, because most of it is him playing a game for the first time. You're going to see something he missed just don't get super mad about it you'll be fine.

If you need more, then JordanKaiSA is pretty great as well, and just started a Shadow The hedgehog LP>

IF you can put up with people thanking their Patreon for the last 1 or 2 minutes of every video, StrawHatNo is pretty great as well.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

Also Retsuprae.

Slowbeef's single stuff is pretty ok, just don't take it too seriously, because most of it is him playing a game for the first time. You're going to see something he missed just don't get super mad about it you'll be fine.

If you need more, then JordanKaiSA is pretty great as well, and just started a Shadow The hedgehog LP>

IF you can put up with people thanking their Patreon for the last 1 or 2 minutes of every video, StrawHatNo is pretty great as well.

Don't forget to lick and subsist, and check out my pattyons.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
What's the best LP for the STALKER games?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Turtlicious posted:

Also Retsuprae.

Who's C and I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

Who's C and I?

Chip and Ironicus, probably.