Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

MizPiz posted:

Than how is that different from a woman calling a guy daddy? I.E. Wanting to make the guy a father using the same method you laid out for us.

Because typically when women call their sexual partners daddy they are pretending he is their daddy. Women don't really tend to get all that excited about making a man a father, despite spermjacking stories. I think the daddy thing is gross, but I guess it's pretty common.

Anyway, since we're sharing, I call my boyfriend gently caress me from behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bast Relief posted:

Because typically when women call their sexual partners daddy they are pretending he is their daddy.
I thought "papi" was equal to "mami" when it came to terms of endearment, but I guess it's more loaded.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

We refer to our sex partners as "mama," "daddy," "baby," and "grandpa"

makes u think

Edit: I've just been informed that I'm the only one that calls women "grandpas"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Plebes. I get Enrique to murmur endearments to my loved ones.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

queserasera posted:

Well, this made me take a look so it's probably a pretty good move in marketing. Still a bad move in prose writing, though.

Amazon sample of THE FOLLOWERS posted:

Longstreet didn't care about victory. He only wanted peace. no, that wasn't quite true. He wanted an end to the dying. The thought was always in his mind, low and monotonous, like a monk's murmuring devotions. The sooner the dying stopped, the sooner they all might resume living.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
If you're a cellphone company and some journalist starts doing stories on how insecure and vulnerable to hacking your data system is, then you probably should not hack her cell phone records to try to find out where she's getting her information:

quote:

An internal Vodafone email, reported by the Australian, shows the company was aware of the extent of the security breaches and the potential legal and reputation damage of hacking a journalist’s phone.

The head of fraud management and investigations for Vodafone Group, Colin Yates, wrote to then global corporate security director Richard Knowlton that there was a “huge risk” to the company if the hacking of O’Brien’s phone “gets into the public domain”.

“If the issue relating to breaching the reporter’s privacy by searching her private call records and text messages gets into the public domain, this could have ­serious consequences given it is a breach of the Australian Telecommunications Act,” Yates wrote.

“And would certainly des­troy all of the work done by VHA [Vodafone Hutchison Australia] over the past months to try and restore their reputation.”

Oh.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

“this could have ­serious consequences given it is a breach of the Australian Telecommunications Act,” Yates wrote.

Hahahahaha, holy poo poo that is so damning.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Plausible denia-whozawhatnow? :downs:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

queserasera posted:

lol the Enrique stuff was the best. This has been a good page for laughs

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I don't remember the brand but I saw some videos for a van a few months ago. It's about a guy who doesn't believe how great the van is so he... gets tortured. In one version they tie him up in the driver seat and tumble the van with some kind of crane. In another they put him in a cage in the back and throw meat around and then let lions in there. In the end they clean the van of blood. It seriously looks like somebody used the van to rape and dismember people. :wtf:

In both versions the guy is scared and clearly not enjoying what's happening to him, and the voice over is all :smug: about it.

Does anyone have the links? I don't remember seeing the videos lately so maybe they got recalled.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Terrible Subway commercial redeemed through bad audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPr28dQP_A

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grey Fox posted:

Ugh I want to punch whoever thought this was cool or funny.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Hashtag hope this is so annoying you are distracted from the Jared controversy for a bit.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Grey Fox posted:

I don't think Subway should be talking about boners. Too soon, man, too soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh, the bacon fetish is the worst.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
There's an ad on facebook for the new Sony Xperia Z5 mobile phone, with the tagline "The only that's better is everything". Perhaps they missed the word "thing" in there, but even so, they're trying to tell us that everything else is better than their phone? Que?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sounds like they tried and failed to riff on Apple's slogan.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

carry on then posted:

Sounds like they tried and failed to riff on Apple

Well yeah, it's an Android.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
hashtag I am a 50 year old marketing exec who does not know what a twitter is

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
I always thought Svedka's slogan for their sexy robot campaign was poorly thought out. When they say "Voted best vodka of 2033" it makes me think they're saying it will take until 2033 before Svedka is considered good.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I always thought Svedka's slogan for their sexy robot campaign was poorly thought out. When they say "Voted best vodka of 2033" it makes me think they're saying it will take until 2033 before Svedka is considered good.
I think the same thing. Not sure what type of alcohol awards there are but it makes me think "Oh no other awards or anything so you have to make something up". But I still drink it if theres a mail in rebate so whatever.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I looked this up since I've never heard about it before, and I don't think that the slogan was the campaign's biggest problem.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Welp never had a kneejerk "Kill all marketers" reaction as hard as just now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Wanamingo posted:

I looked this up since I've never heard about it before, and I don't think that the slogan was the campaign's biggest problem.

I don't get it, how can you want to have sex with that? It doesn't have skin and has exposed pipes and poo poo all over. It doesn't even have a real butt!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Svedka is poo poo anyway.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
When your product is colorless, odorless, and (more or less) flavorless, you gotta do something for attention.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

bunnielab posted:

When your product is colorless, odorless, and (more or less) flavorless, you gotta do something for attention.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

Welp never had a kneejerk "Kill all marketers" reaction as hard as just now.

This is the first time I've had that reaction since the tear-filled reaction to content blocking in iOS 9 a week ago.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Am I falling for something obvious, or is this actually real?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

KakerMix posted:

I don't get it, how can you want to have sex with that? It doesn't have skin and has exposed pipes and poo poo all over. It doesn't even have a real butt!

I dunno, I'd give it a shot as long as the relevant orifice doesn't make horrifying blender noises.

But that sells me on the wifubot, not the vodka, so unless each bottle comes with some serious coupons they've got a problem.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

My mom got a bottle of this when staying at a Trump hotel once like ten years ago and still uses it to water her plants because she thinks its funny.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

de la peche posted:

Am I falling for something obvious, or is this actually real?

No, it's actually real.

http://www.businessinsider.com/svedka-is-axing-its-sexy-robot-spokeswoman-2013-3

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

My mom got a bottle of this when staying at a Trump hotel once like ten years ago and still uses it to water her plants because she thinks its funny.

Are her plants luxurious and yuuuge?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Trump Corporation does make the best ICE countermeasures. I wouldn't trust any other securityware to take out some lovely shadowrunners

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Gotta hand it to the Trumpster, I would not have thought to put flames on my bottled water. Must be really fast water

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump does have some pretty good failed products

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw

:911:

e:

quote:

The prices ranged from $199 for a pack of 12 steak burgers and four steaks, all the way up to $999 for a selection of 16 top cuts.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Sep 27, 2015

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

It's amazing how the culture of the future revolves around gay men in some marketer's eyes.

"What says 'the future' to me? Gay. Gaygaygay. Gay robot vodka, million bucks guaranteed."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Wanamingo posted:

what's with all the gay men? is that their target demographic? then why not a hunky robot instead? #confused #bonerforhunkyrobots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tired Moritz posted:

what's with all the gay men? is that their target demographic? then why not a hunky robot instead? #confused #bonerforhunkyrobots

Calculon refused to shill for such low-quality alcohol.