Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

mediaphage posted:

are the boobs required because honestly im not super interested

It is really hosed up that a picture of a clothed woman registers in your head as 'boobs'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
WRT to Leprosy, theres an actual movement by a group of people to remove the term Leper from vocabulary, instead they would prefer to be called (iirc) "Persons affected by the disease of leprosy" or something v similar to that.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Desetr Eagle posted:

WRT to Leprosy, theres an actual movement by a group of people to remove the term Leper from vocabulary, instead they would prefer to be called (iirc) "Persons affected by the disease of leprosy" or something v similar to that.

yea exactly so burn this loving forum to the ground

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I'll pay 10 bux to join a forum that dedicates hours upon hours of time to making fun of minorities, mentally challenged teenagers on social media, the death of 3000+ people in th greatest terrorist attack ever known but holy gently caress if you use the word chef in a lighthearted and fun way i'm going to gently caress you to death

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
What terrorist was the greatest ever known?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Happy Hat posted:

its going to be me if you fucks start bandering the word "Chef" about like you don't care about my hours of jacking off into a deep fryer

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Happy Hat posted:

whitey bulger

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I don't care about cheffy chefs.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

les fleurs du mall posted:

its going to be me if you fucks start bandering the word "Chef" about like you don't care about my hours of jacking off into a deep fryer

Ouch. The thinly veiled insults. They hurt. Stop. You monster.

See that's your problem, a few posts ago, it was funny and I had a chuckle at my own expense. Now you're just a dick.

e: you just keep on being you, you!

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Ouch. The thinly veiled insults. They hurt. Stop. You monster.

See that's your problem, a few posts ago, it was funny and I had a chuckle at my own expense. Now you're just a dick.

That is what you consider thinly veiled? It seemed pretty pointed to me. He was clearly insulting a series of really terrible posts you made very recently.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Desetr Eagle posted:

That is what you consider thinly veiled? It seemed pretty pointed to me. He was clearly insulting a series of really terrible posts you made very recently.

Yeah but he is right it is wearing a little thin, we all know CdC is a dick.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Desetr Eagle posted:

Sarcasm man, I was being sarcastic.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Rumda posted:

Yeah but he is right it is wearing a little thin, we all know CdC is a dick.

I didn't until recently and I don't think being known for being an rear end in a top hat is a good excuse to be an rear end in a top hat

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Sarcasm man, I was being sarcastic.

:ironicat:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Let me just say that my compliments will NOT be going to the chef (of this thread)

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Here's my solution, let's bring back GWS challenges. Since our new friends are insisting they're here to be funny and learn about cooking and why won't the mean people who are here to chat about cooking leave them alone, I propose they be challenged to say or do one actually funny thing rather than just spouting insults and whining about people talking about loving cooking in the loving cooking subforum where people have happily talked about cooking for the better part of a decade.

In other news, I made Kenji's tomato and smoked feta tart last night with the last of the season's onslaught, and it was amazing. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/09/easy-tomato-smoked-feta-tart-recipe.html Even with a repeat unlikely in the next 11 months, the fast smoked-feta trick is going in my toolbox like whoa. Wife couldn't believe there wasn't any bacon in the tart.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
holy gently caress dat redtext :dogbutton:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Test Pattern posted:

Here's my solution, let's bring back GWS challenges. Since our new friends are insisting they're here to be funny and learn about cooking and why won't the mean people who are here to chat about cooking leave them alone, I propose they be challenged to say or do one actually funny thing rather than just spouting insults and whining about people talking about loving cooking in the loving cooking subforum where people have happily talked about cooking for the better part of a decade.

In other news, I made Kenji's tomato and smoked feta tart last night with the last of the season's onslaught, and it was amazing. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/09/easy-tomato-smoked-feta-tart-recipe.html Even with a repeat unlikely in the next 11 months, the fast smoked-feta trick is going in my toolbox like whoa. Wife couldn't believe there wasn't any bacon in the tart.

Ive made detailed posts of both my michelada recipe and my furgur recipe :shrug:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Test Pattern posted:

I support this solution.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Test Pattern posted:

I tried to make a containment thread and that idea got shot down by our moderator

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drink and Fight posted:

I support this solution.

we actually made a bunch of threads which at least -tried- to be funny but no GWS regulars have yet to participate..

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

we actually made a bunch of threads which at least -tried- to be funny but no GWS regulars have yet to participate..

Actually there was very little that was funny about any of those threads.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Test Pattern posted:

I propose they be challenged to say or do one actually funny thing rather than just spouting insults and whining about people talking about loving cooking in the loving cooking subforum where people have happily talked about cooking for the better part of a decade.

i like the idea of GWS challenges but:

the problem isn't that you talk about cooking, obviously. It's that you do it with no sense of humor or ability to laugh at yourselves nor include anyone who's wearing anything even remotely resembling a jester's hat

I think its possible to talk about cooking AND be funny at the same time but i'm a piece of poo poo shitposting troll fuckhead for trying

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

You weren't funny.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'll take on any challenge you guys throw at me (provided its somethign i can make in my tiny apartment kitchen with basic pots and pans and ingedients arent stupid expensive

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drink and Fight posted:

You weren't funny.

we had a giggle and it wasn't even at your expense

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i honeslty don't know why jokes - bad or otherwise - are so heinously offensive to the cooking enthusiast forum

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

i honeslty don't know why jokes - bad or otherwise - are so heinously offensive to the cooking enthusiast forum

To be fair, it is the cooking forum not the joke forum.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Desetr Eagle posted:

To be fair, it is the cooking forum not the joke forum.

https://www.somethingawful.com

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I still run one of the kitchens, and my name's on the menu.

I get it though, I'm a dick. It comes with the territory, everything needs to be short and to the point. There's not a lot of time in a kitchen to be polite and make sure nobody gets upset because the people in the dining room don't care.

GWS isn't your workplace.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

I think you meant to say Something Offal

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Tablespoon chat was humorous but you either think it was serious or you're just that unfunny. You also suggested someone simmer a pork shoulder so there's reason people think you're an unfunny turd.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Just wanted to say that I don't post here much, but GWS is the reason I know how to make food and I'm very happy that it exists. This forum has been on the serious (lol) side of something awful as long as I can remember. There aren't many jokes in quite a few subforums that have practical themes (DIY, SHSC, gadgets, etc), and it doesn't seem to be a big problem in any of those. GWS can get really hostile/dogpile-y sometimes, which is kinda lame.

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Mr. Wookums posted:

You also suggested someone simmer a pork shoulder so there's reason people think you're an unfunny turd.

That you feel its a criminal act to be incorrect is considerably more of a problem than being unfunny imo.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

No, being incorrect while acting as an authority is criminal.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Mr. Wookums posted:

why did you pay 10bux?

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Mr. Wookums posted:

Most people that say things that are incorrect generally think they're not incorrect. It isn't a bad thing. Maybe spending some effort in explaining why he was wrong would do more than complaining about him being wrong.

Then maybe I would learn why you shouldn't simmer a pork shoulder.

(TBF, I think That Works or whatever his name is actually did explain a better way to cook it)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Can't we just all agree that everyone is a completely unfunny oval office and move on?

We need to leave all of this GBS/GWS hating behind, and get back to important business of this thread: hating Chef de Cuisinart.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

simmer it v v low for couple of hours, but then remove it and grill it properly
unless the packaging explicitly tells you not to do this because the plastic is made of cancer then go hog wild(;)) and get REAL beefy :)

Desetr Eagle posted:

Most people that say things that are incorrect generally think they're not incorrect. It isn't a bad thing. Maybe spending some effort in explaining why he was wrong would do more than complaining about him being wrong.

(TBF, I think That Works or whatever his name is actually did explain a better way to cook it)
Why spend any effort on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Desetr Eagle posted:

I'm actually not wrong, that guy just thinks he knows more about cooking than me because i'm not a posting regular in GWS

it's an excellent way to tenderize meat of any kind prior to actually cooking it properly; you don't do it for the entire duration. it's a very gentle and subtle process which http://www.cooks.com/rec/story/79/ affects the meat on a chemical level.

You then can use typical methods of prep like rubbing in sea salt to extract excess moisture before you grill or roast your meats. It's excellent and is worth trying with pretty much any red meat, don't like one guy's ego steer you away from a tasty meal experiment if you've never done this before.