Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good god, 34 parts of a game the two of them lost hype on like 3 parts ago?

Liam, what have you done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Good god, 34 parts of a game the two of them lost hype on like 3 parts ago?

Liam, what have you done.

Jumped the gun on this game, clearly.

I don't get how starting with the third game in the series, that Woolie had to power through the first two to understand, ever sounded like a good idea. Why not just do Danganronpa 1?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Any kind of DR VLP sounds pretty terrible tbh.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm probably gonna skip out on the rest of the TPP LP. It's just not made for a good LP. Especially since I'm not the biggest fan of Liam's playstyle ("I've played it's fine a million hours of Ground it's fine Zeroes so it's fine when I give up on stealth in every it's fine mission".)

I know it'd end up running into like, Part 700, but I would have loved to have seen Matt and Pat do it instead.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
This might be biased because I like the DR franchise (although I've never played this game yet) but I'm enjoying this lp even if nobody, even the guys that are actuall playing the game, seems to like it. I'm invested in the story, even if it's moving at a glacial pace and I want Liam and Woolie to continue at least for the sake of those few people who actuall care about this lp.

But the worst part of the whole lp is absolutely the Best Friends's fanbase and their comments. Cause holy poo poo, I've never seen comments this bad on a youtube video and that's an achivement. It's always the same pepole who claim that they don't care about this lp and yet they always come to downvote the videos and spam the comment section with the same posts. Like, if you really don't give a gently caress about Danganronpa why are you still watching it? Why are you asking Liam and Woolie to drop this lp when you know that this channel never dropped an lp?

Really, the atmosphere is so unbearable that is making the videos unwatchable and they're all so hysterical and hostile that is making me upset, when I really shouldn't be. Did the fanbase behave like this in other occasions or is this the first time?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't look at the comments for Her Story, then

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I Love Annie May posted:

Did the fanbase behave like this in other occasions or is this the first time?

Pretty much any time some big popular LP goes on at the same time, it just seems to be at it's worst now since they've also got Until Dawn and MGSV going simultaneously.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'd assume the closest equivalent is near the end of the Nuzlocke I guess. But I don't think it was as bad.
The difference here is that Until Dawn is sooo good it drives people crazy, or at least that's what I assume. I wouldn't be surprised if things don't calm down a bit when it ends.

And honestly, even if I think the game is bad and I dislike it, I still want them to finish it because it has a couple good ideas that are only used at the end. It just never ramps up the puzzle difficulty or actually interesting plot twists before that. There's just so much pointless padding and that makes for bad viewing material.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I Love Annie May posted:

But the worst part of the whole lp is absolutely the Best Friends's fanbase and their comments. Cause holy poo poo, I've never seen comments this bad on a youtube video and that's an achivement. It's always the same pepole who claim that they don't care about this lp and yet they always come to downvote the videos and spam the comment section with the same posts. Like, if you really don't give a gently caress about Danganronpa why are you still watching it? Why are you asking Liam and Woolie to drop this lp when you know that this channel never dropped an lp?

Really, the atmosphere is so unbearable that is making the videos unwatchable and they're all so hysterical and hostile that is making me upset, when I really shouldn't be. Did the fanbase behave like this in other occasions or is this the first time?

I agree, it's ridiculous to have those sort of reactions to a subpar LP, which really just amounts to a failed experiment. Just don't watch it; that's all the feedback they need. I don't think it's ever been this bad, though sometimes Dark Souls II was close whenever there was a slightly misinterpreted lore bit or suboptimal stat placement.

Edit: holy poo poo Her Story, I forgot. That was a total shitshow in the comments.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why exactly are you reading youtube comments?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rate the Best Friends comment sections from less worst to most terrible.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Tae posted:

Don't look at the comments for Her Story, then

Full of snide comments about "not real game" bullshit or worse?

Andrast posted:

Why exactly are you reading youtube comments?

Sometimes they can be funny, but yeah I agree that Youtube comments are pretty much the cesspool of social media. But even though I read many lovely comments I've never felt so angry towards other commenters than now, and I've read my fair share of crazy racist/sexist comments.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I literally never look at the comments or even the ratio of likes or dislikes. It feels pretty good.

Feel sorry for the best friends that have to care about that stuff :(

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I Love Annie May posted:

Full of snide comments about "not real game" bullshit or worse?

Also whining about SJWs, because if a game is about a woman it's obviously an SJW game.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Her Story is definitely a game - a boring as hell game to watch - but a game nonetheless.

The past 6 months has probably had the most Best Friends LPs I haven't bothered to watch for various reasons. Starfox Adventures, Her Story, Doggone Rumpus Room, Phantom Pain, Astro Boy, Freedom Planet, and Madworld. Am I missing anything big by skipping all of those? I guess, other than Madworld and Phantom Pain, they're all just games I cannot give a single poo poo about. Which is fine, the channel isn't there to cater to me, but sometimes I wonder if I'm missing any big jokes or "lore".

Madworld is just the one I don't think I'll ever watch. When the first second of the first episode is Woolie going "Aww yeah, check out this music!" and Matt (I assume Matt did the editing for Madworld, because he usually does this) has dropped the audio of the game to almost nothing, I just can't even begin to care about this game. Madworld is a game I love for the soundtrack and Proops/DiMaggio hamming it the gently caress up.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Star Fox is good because Liam cruises through the game and makes it way shorter than it normally would be (thankfully). Also the final episode is fantastic.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Freedom Planet is the best Sonic game ever made. Their LP is hype beyond words.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

pulp rag posted:

Her Story is definitely a game - a boring as hell game to watch - but a game nonetheless.

The past 6 months has probably had the most Best Friends LPs I haven't bothered to watch for various reasons. Starfox Adventures, Her Story, Doggone Rumpus Room, Phantom Pain, Astro Boy, Freedom Planet, and Madworld. Am I missing anything big by skipping all of those? I guess, other than Madworld and Phantom Pain, they're all just games I cannot give a single poo poo about. Which is fine, the channel isn't there to cater to me, but sometimes I wonder if I'm missing any big jokes or "lore".

Madworld is just the one I don't think I'll ever watch. When the first second of the first episode is Woolie going "Aww yeah, check out this music!" and Matt (I assume Matt did the editing for Madworld, because he usually does this) has dropped the audio of the game to almost nothing, I just can't even begin to care about this game. Madworld is a game I love for the soundtrack and Proops/DiMaggio hamming it the gently caress up.

Madworld is top in the line in terms of LPs that could be vastly improved. Us emulating the game was absolutely the wrong choice, for whatever reason, the sound always came in super low when we recorded it in the early parts. Wasn't much I could do about it. Not to mention the terrible control issues. Woolie insisted (I agreed at the time) that he didn't want to use the Wii Remote. We really didn't want to have to be talking over and around John and Greg the entire time either.

I think it's actually not a great game to LP at all. But, live and learn.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hangin on the edge of tomorrow

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

PiedPiper posted:

Freedom Planet is the best Sonic game ever made. Their LP is hype beyond words.

Seconded, the Freedom Planet is a lot of gold and is pretty short, no excuse not to watch that. I'm also loving TPP, partly because I can get tips for gun-jumping in that game, but it's also a lot of fun and Pat/Liam have a lot of great banter. They get a fair amount wrong though, so if you sperged out at the DSII/BB playthroughs, maybe sit it out.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

TheRealestMatt posted:

But, live and learn.

Pretty much.
Didn't know the audio thing wasn't a conscious decision, to be honest. I pick up on your dudes' editing styles (other than Liam) and yours tend to have the audio set low. My bad.

I'll check out Freedom Planet at the thread's suggestion. Just didn't give it a watch because I don't give a poo poo about Sonic games unless they're terrible like Shadow/Adventure. But, if Wools and Liam are funny enough to make up for my apathy of Sonic, it'll be good.
TPP I can't watch because it's like Dank Souls for me: missing information or getting it wrong just super bugs me. Ah well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Now that Matt's played Undertale can I admit I was secretly hoping for some LP of it to pop up on the channel

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Now that Matt's played Undertale can I admit I was secretly hoping for some LP of it to pop up on the channel

really hoping for that too

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think it would be better suited for a one-off, personally. Later parts of the game have plenty of humor but there's also a lot more serious/heartfelt moments and that's hard to do a "pals casually talking over a game" format LP of. Showing off the first half, particularly Snowdin, would probably make for a good video though. But hey I'd watch it either way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god

Matt, I know you guys aren't sports game people, but nba 2k16 story mode starts out like indigo prophecy's cage intro.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TriffTshngo posted:

I think it would be better suited for a one-off, personally. Later parts of the game have plenty of humor but there's also a lot more serious/heartfelt moments and that's hard to do a "pals casually talking over a game" format LP of. Showing off the first half, particularly Snowdin, would probably make for a good video though. But hey I'd watch it either way.

pat might have a field day psychoanalyzing it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRealestMatt posted:

But, live and learn.

The Josh Abides

edit: But actually I do agree, not that the Madworld LP sucked, but that it's just not a great game for LPing since the game provides commentary of its own and all. There still wasn't much harm in trying though! v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

hubris.height posted:

pat might have a field day psychoanalyzing it

It would be fantastic given everything about the ending really- would be interesting to see his take on it. Liam and Pat would probably be ideal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Fuckin yomi!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I'm actually kind of excited for this because I really want to know what it plays like.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

I'm actually kind of excited for this because I really want to know what it plays like.

Try the demo, it's free and quite nice for a preview even if the developer was still clearly learning how to design environments at the time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MM9's release date is Feb. 9th. So far.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Yomi seems really loving cool when you look at the screen and pay attention to what the words say.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So now people are downvoting Friday Night Fisticuffs?! what the poo poo is going on?!

Matt, I wouldn't blame you if you just never even uploaded the final few parts of Until Dawn, or you might as well Kenny the gently caress out of the game, because if those shits are going to start ruining all the videos on the channel then gently caress them.

Also, Re: the podcast, I was introduced to the SBFC through the podcast, the first episode I heard was the console Disses and Ariel wants the dick episodes, I laughed so hard I became an instant diehard fan. Please keep up the good work since it's my #1 podcast every week.

If I were to suggest one change to the podcast, it would be to shorten the time you guys talk about your weeks, maybe focus on the ONE interesting thing you experienced in the week that you think is worth talking about the most. I find myself more looking forward to the news rather than the intricate details of everything you did in the week.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah, intentionally make bad videos

that'll

do something

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt you rock the baldness really well and are a sexy man.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't worry I'm going to get liquored up and insult everybody hating on Yomi as this was a kickass fisticuffs. Wish me luck and lock your shutters.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I would absolutely love a pretty much follow up LP of Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden with Undertale because I feel like that game follows a similar level of comedy and exciting poo poo happening. Also, Barkley was my first LP that really got me into Best Friends which would be awesome to see somewhat of a sequel to.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Tae posted:

MM9's release date is Feb. 9th. So far.

I'll believe it when I see it. Lost a lot of hype for that game nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Rules for draw and stud poker? Woolie, you were supposed to take those out of the deck.