Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Athletic Footjob posted:

gently caress marco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

So on ATP today little beta bitch Marco Arment was planning to keep the money for his Peace app, and isn't happy that Apple just refunded everyone. What a piece of poo poo.

yeah. I was prepared to think, ok Marco you didn't get the chance to give the money to charity, because Apple took it away from you. then he is flat asked if he would've refunded everything given the chance and he bitched about the cost of his SSL certificate and development time. what a baby

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mulva posted:

So on ATP today little beta bitch Marco Arment was planning to keep the money for his Peace app, and isn't happy that Apple just refunded everyone. What a piece of poo poo.
Really looking forward to listening to the ep

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Necc0 posted:

what is this

it's like when you slide to go back like in messages, do the same with a bit of force and it'll go to the last app you had open, if you do this and only drag your finger half way across the screen it'll open the app switcher instead. v neat

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

Really looking forward to listening to the ep

I wish Siracusa would've called him a oval office.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Dirk Pitt posted:

yeah. I was prepared to think, ok Marco you didn't get the chance to give the money to charity, because Apple took it away from you. then he is flat asked if he would've refunded everything given the chance and he bitched about the cost of his SSL certificate and development time. what a baby

its ok! as he then reminds you, he got a lot of money from the tumblr buyout and can work on labors of love without needing them to be profitable!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
he also said he's going to pull the ghostery connection because it costs him money, which will break the app for anyone who is still using it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I wish Siracusa would've called him a oval office.
i expect casey to be obsequious and john to give him a hard time, perhaps moreso by just not saying anything

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i think they went light because they were willing to not talk about it

also i guess ghostery owns the app now and may relaunch it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what a clusterfuck. lol that Apple refunded the money without asking him

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

The Management posted:

what a clusterfuck. lol that Apple refunded the money without asking him

I'm happy they did since he was going to be a little bitch and keep the proceeds because he bought an SSL cert and icon.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Isn't this guy a millionaire who gets BMWs shipped directly from Germany because he won the startup lottery with tumblr or something?

bougie gently caress.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm happy they did since he was going to be a little bitch and keep the proceeds because he bought an SSL cert and icon.

http://www.marco.org/2015/09/21/peace-refund

guess my attempt to defraud a ton of people didn't work out, too mad i couldn't sit on that money while "deciding what charity it was going to", better roll with the punches.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

uninterrupted posted:

http://www.marco.org/2015/09/21/peace-refund

guess my attempt to defraud a ton of people didn't work out, too mad i couldn't sit on that money while "deciding what charity it was going to", better roll with the punches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5wWYF3CrnY

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
"poses an infinitely arguable problem: which charity?"

that is true. ive literally never donated to charity because i just cant solve the infinitely arguable problem. there's too many ppl to help. ill just keep my money. sorry people in need. not even micro can figure this out.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

there's too many people to help so instead i'll just pay income tax

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Triglav posted:

purify's $1 right now btw

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Athletic Footjob posted:

"poses an infinitely arguable problem: which charity?"

that is true. ive literally never donated to charity because i just cant solve the infinitely arguable problem. there's too many ppl to help. ill just keep my money. sorry people in need. not even micro can figure this out.

Planned Parenthood :colbert:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
he cant donate to any charity because some random twitter morons might confront him about his choice and then hell have to melt down and ask the charity for a refund

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im literally mad about the idiot way marco has handled every single step

poty fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 25, 2015

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

he said he pulled it due to lack of time, but that making it was little effort. then he said he hated himself for making it, yet he's going to use an ad blocker on his phone. weird guy

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJ_AQC97S4

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I just tried that and it's crazy, it feels like it's broken.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ZShakespeare posted:

Isn't this guy a millionaire who gets BMWs shipped directly from Germany because he won the startup lottery with tumblr or something?

bougie gently caress.

what is wrong with buying directly from the manufacturer?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BONGHITZ posted:

what is wrong with buying directly from the manufacturer?

Nothing, the problem is he's a little bougie punk bitch who doesn't even have the balls to stand up to people after making gently caress you money.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

so he makes a blog post where tells everyone to please ask for a refund and encourages them several times with multiple links and then gets mad when apple goes ahead and just refunds everyone? lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple must be just thrilled with him

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

THC posted:

apple must be just thrilled with him

I saw a tweet to the effect of "They should kick him out of the store and revoke his developer license permanently." I can't say I disagree with them.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Tim is a merciful king.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mulva posted:

I saw a tweet to the effect of "They should kick him out of the store and revoke his developer license permanently." I can't say I disagree with them.

5 year probation at least

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr. Apollo posted:

so he makes a blog post where tells everyone to please ask for a refund and encourages them several times with multiple links and then gets mad when apple goes ahead and just refunds everyone? lol

his post was more like "I guess people can request a refund if they feel like they really need to, and also the app might keep working for a while, but I'm not maintaining the server", knowing that many people won't waste the time to do that so he gets to keep their money.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

but speed doesn't matter when it doesn't scan correctly anyway according to stymie and shaggar

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i need an update on my adblocker cause im getting unskippable youtube ads

right now im on safari Version 8.0.8 (10600.8.9) + the adblock 2.39.1 extension

tell me what to use instead cause gently caress researching

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

man ublock is sweet as gently caress

its like putting another block of ram in your machine basically

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
here i am using an new and powerful touch technology while androiders are talking about pixels, cores, removable batteries and sd cards. thanks timb.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I listened to rest of the podcast and Siracusa got a :master: in at the end by telling Marco to order a fracture logo and then throw it away after a day.

I'm disappointed no one will call him a navel gazing retard for not being willing to just say "I am donating the proceeds to a charity of my choice"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

this is the whitest thing that's ever loving happened ever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

like, someone named jaxxon ayden smith just walked into starbucks in williamsburg and ordered a pumpkin spice latte and he read that story and was like 'dang, what a white fucker'

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

this is the whitest thing that's ever loving happened ever

counterpoint: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/curry-white-people-anger/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

maniacdevnull posted:

like, someone named jaxxon ayden smith just walked into starbucks in williamsburg and ordered a pumpkin spice latte and he read that story and was like 'dang, what a white fucker'

heh

• Locked thread