Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Dexo posted:

Haven't had any issues on the PC so far

Do you have an Nvidia or AMD card? If Nvidia, what drivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drafted by Pistons as a center. Remembered why I hate mycareer. Shotblocking seems to.be completely fixed and players do in fact go after the ball. Itll take a bit getting used to the controls as it does every year, but its smooth as hell once again.

Glumslinger: i think you are mostly a visual guy, but do you know anything about the stat variables? Previously you cant sim more than about 12 rebounds even if the player is.maxed out in every stat. Also blocks leaders are consistently at 1.8ish. Do you know if thats been upped?

NM. Appears stats sim is on point. Also SHOT CHARTS!

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 25, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Whats the best way to spend my points so I can be as good as lebron? Same position and relatively same height and weight.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Elenkis posted:

I'm getting crazy random stuttering on the PC version even though it's running at a steady 60fps. One moment it will be fine, then it becomes an unplayable stuttery mess.

Also I'm getting no commentary for most of the game. There will be a bit at the beginning of each quarter then minutes of silence with just crowd and on court noise.

First impressions are not good.

Edit: Other people are also reporting both of these issues on the Operation Sports forum. If you're thinking about picking up the PC version, you might want to wait.

The PC versions fluctuates wildly between 60 fps and 30 fps. Free throws, shots of the crowd and camera focused on the players are locked to 30 fps even though regular gameplay is a smooth 60 fps :psyduck:

Also the high school games are hilarious if you're a PF/C. You can literally block every shot and hold them to 0 points very easily.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

The store is one of the few server things that has been giving us trouble tonight and we're hoping to get it sorted out soon

What's the situation with preorder stuff on pc, as far as I know nobody has been granted it yet (or if it's supposed to be a key, steam isn't spitting it out).

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
"In MyCAREER, we have a new "Ask Out" feature that allows you to come out of the game, sim to end & still earn VC in blowouts. #NBA2K16"

FInally

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I don't have the colors quite right yet, but I brought the Kentucky Colonels back to life. Sorry Memphis.

Also for a game that actively advertised being able to resurrect the Sonics, they really don't have any good options for recreating their uniforms. Beyond that, the uniform creator is pretty neat.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Away all Goats posted:

The PC versions fluctuates wildly between 60 fps and 30 fps. Free throws, shots of the crowd and camera focused on the players are locked to 30 fps even though regular gameplay is a smooth 60 fps :psyduck:

Also the high school games are hilarious if you're a PF/C. You can literally block every shot and hold them to 0 points very easily.

I know there is a setting on pc to have it all run at 60, I think you want to turn off dynamic v-sync, but that might not be the right option. I'll get you the answer as I do know it is an option somewhere

EDIT: Yeah, turn off dynamic v-sync and that should unlock the frame rate

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 25, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Anyone have a clue how to rebrand without relocation? Dabbled a bit before work but couldn't find that feature.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god I'm so bad at this game. Played a quick MyTeam game doing the most basic challenge and I got wrecked.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Never preorder.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Away all Goats posted:

Unfortunately that's not what I'm experiencing. I'm getting the stuttering during gameplay and when it happens the game becomes unplayable.

The user reviews on Steam are currently "Mostly Negative".

So yeah, never preorder.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elenkis posted:

Unfortunately that's not what I'm experiencing. I'm getting the stuttering during gameplay and when it happens the game becomes unplayable.

The user reviews on Steam are currently "Mostly Negative".

So yeah, never preorder.

The user reviews seem mostly to whine about the bad keyboard controls (duh), how spike lee hates white people, how frequency vibrations is a stupid name, how sports games are garbage for idiots, etc though. Read the steam forum for the game if you want to see the kind of people who bombed it with negative reviews (they're insane morons, basically). Not that all the negative reviews are bullshit, but probably a pretty large percentage of them though.

It sucks that you're having stuttering, although something similar happened last year and they patched it pretty quickly IIRC, so there's hope.

I just want my preorder items though, some tasty cards for myteam would be nice.

e: Actually most of them seem to be about the keyboard controls. Who the gently caress plays games like this with a keyboard in 2015?

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 25, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man I had such hopes for My Career where in high school and college you aren't god awful at everything. And then suddenly you get put in the NBA and you forget how to hit an jump shot even though you rained 3's down from the heavens in high school and college.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

Man I had such hopes for My Career where in high school and college you aren't god awful at everything. And then suddenly you get put in the NBA and you forget how to hit an jump shot even though you rained 3's down from the heavens in high school and college.

I think during the high school games you're basically boosted to max stats, in college you still have a healthy boost, and in the nba you're just your base stats, to I guess simulate how that poo poo goes for real people getting to the nba, the "oh hey this guy crushed dudes in high school and college but is barely a solid backup in the nba" sort of thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

hopterque posted:

e: Actually most of them seem to be about the keyboard controls. Who the gently caress plays games like this with a keyboard in 2015?

I see you don't have enough experience with the PC Master race steam community

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

hopterque posted:

The user reviews seem mostly to whine about the bad keyboard controls (duh), how spike lee hates white people, how frequency vibrations is a stupid name, how sports games are garbage for idiots, etc though. Read the steam forum for the game if you want to see the kind of people who bombed it with negative reviews (they're insane morons, basically). Not that all the negative reviews are bullshit, but probably a pretty large percentage of them though.

It sucks that you're having stuttering, although something similar happened last year and they patched it pretty quickly IIRC, so there's hope.

I just want my preorder items though, some tasty cards for myteam would be nice.

There's also just as much, if not more, negative reviews that are complaining about slowdown and crashes. Even a lot of the reviews complaining about keyboard controls also mention crashes and lag.

There's enough reports of stuttering on other forums now that it seems one of the developers is investigating it and asking for dxdiags, so hopefully they get it fixed quickly.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 25, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legit am having trouble picking between being a Shooting Guard or a Center for this My Career, all I know is I don't wanna be PG again.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I just scored seven straight points in fifty seconds to force overtime in the NCAA championship game. Then we lost when the coach didn't put in me in until there were just a few seconds left with a big deficit :geno:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Inside Outside posted:

I just scored seven straight points in fifty seconds to force overtime in the NCAA championship game. Then we lost when the coach didn't put in me in until there were just a few seconds left with a big deficit :geno:

Authentic College Coach simulation.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
The gameplay is actually pretty good this year, the dialogue is cringeworthy though

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I've found myself skipping most of the cutscenes. I do find it funny that if you made a non-black player your black family thinks its totally normal that your twin sister looks nothing like you.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Dang they say twin? Harder to pass off as adopted

Edit: just a heads up, I preordered on Amazon and now they're telling me it's either coming tomorrow or Tuesday, so I walked into GameStop and picked up a copy there.

zelah fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 25, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Server death confirmed, rest in peace.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Game owns

And I'm colored so I don't even have to be bothered that my virtual family doesn't look like me

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

Game owns

And I'm colored so I don't even have to be bothered that my virtual family doesn't look like me

My guy is white i just assume there was an accident at the sperm factory or something, whatever.

FREQUENCY VIBRATIONS.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Will this work for a small forward? Or did they change up the stats in how you can distribute them?

19Outside Scoring
11 inside Scoring
19Athleticism
19 playmaking
13 rebound
19 defense

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Why in the hell would you ever put points in Rebound?

hopterque posted:

My guy is white i just assume there was an accident at the sperm factory or something, whatever.

FREQUENCY VIBRATIONS.

*Pull's hands up to chest and shakes violently*

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dexo posted:

Idk I was just looking up Good small forward from 2k15

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

Rebounding actually matters now for getting rebounds, players with higher rebounding will contest and take away rebounds from players with bad rebounding stats, it's cool.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
you..can change the name from frequency vibrations right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volkerball posted:

you..can change the name from frequency vibrations right?

Not till like season 2 apparently.

Also lol being a Center in high school rules. I'm just godzilla calling for passes while surrounded by two dudes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not till like season 2 apparently.

ooooooooooooooook

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Noticed that Clark Kellogg still seems to reference Steve Kerr in some of his lines lmao

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Who the gently caress keeps switching the controls every year

Why is post-up the trigger button

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress keeps switching the controls every year

Why is post-up the trigger button

What makes this even worse is that there's no in-depth tutorial this year that teaches you then lets you practice all the controls. All I've seen are the short videos.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Posting up has been hard as gently caress and so akward the past few years. Used to be really smooth.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Why are these storyline cutscenes 20 loving minutes long with no interaction

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, please don't tell me the cutscenes are unskippable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

RBX posted:

Posting up has been hard as gently caress and so akward the past few years. Used to be really smooth.

Posting up in 2k12 was the best. Especially with Wilt.

• Locked thread