Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Release Date
September 29th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcHuHmfMeE

quote:

Team Relocation
Stadium Design Customization
New Trade Logic (less dumb GMs?)
More Trade Informaion sent back to players
Better Online Modes
Draft Redone
Summer League

quote:

Three new teams have been revealed for NBA 2K16 which is due out in late September. They're not expected to be the only new ones but stand out as especially appealing, particularly because they are relatively recent and feature some players who remain in the league to this day. Those teams are the 1999-00 Toronto Raptors, 2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers, and 2007-08 Boston Celtics.

1999-2000 Toronto Raptors

Roster: Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Charles Oakley, Antonio Davis, Doug Christie, Muggsy Bogues, Dee Brown, Dell Curry, John Thomas, Alvin Williams, Kevin Willis

2000-2001 Los Angeles Lakers

Roster: Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Tyronn Lue, Mark Madsen, Ron Harper, Devean George, Greg Foster, Isaiah Rider

2007-2008 Boston Celtics

Roster: Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, James Posey, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Leon Powe, Glen Davis, Eddie House, Tony Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2p-GNWQE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSqziKeJ9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcehb1P01ic

Also NBA Live 16 might exist, I dunno

Wait it does. Here is a man-child talking about nothing instead of the game he is showing off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2V27GReMI

Lockback fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's not actually an official trailer, btw. It's a fan creation using footage from some of the teasers 2k has released and old footage from 2k15, it looks like.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Yeah, we haven't put out a full trailer yet

Here are the things we have put out so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2p-GNWQE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSqziKeJ9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcehb1P01ic

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

"we"?

If you work for/at 2K can you please just tell me if I can change my jersey in MyCareer this time, I promise i won't leak the info to the FBI

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Basketball football manager would be sweet. I haven't played 15, but is trading still completely broken in that one? In 13 and 14, horrible teams drastically undervalue their future draft picks, so it makes putting together a stupid good team trivial. I think if they fix that, and make it so that the top 3 players in the draft consistently go 1, 2, 3 rather than spread out throughout the top 10 every single year (when even mediocre scouts can identify the top 3 easily for your team) they may be on to something. Also it's practically impossible for players on your team to get all star nods for some reason, which is kind of annoying in the later years. I went 79-3 in one season simulating every game and I had like 1 all star, no MVP, and no players putting up any significant numbers in any stat. Any top 5 player in the league should be able to do that easily every year, and end up a near lock for the hall of fame. It'd give me a lot more steam in the later years knowing my best players are rewriting scoring records and ending their careers with double digit all star appearances. Plus it really gives you a sense that a player is indispensable to your team when he's actually putting up numbers.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 19, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Duggler posted:

"we"?

If you work for/at 2K can you please just tell me if I can change my jersey in MyCareer this time, I promise i won't leak the info to the FBI

I actually like my job, so please don't ask me for unreleased info

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Glumslinger posted:

have you requested a move to the NFL 2k offi- ooooo

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Glumslinger posted:

but i want it so bad :(

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Glumslinger spill the beans.

Volkerball posted:

Basketball football manager would be sweet. I haven't played 15, but is trading still completely broken in that one? In 13 and 14, horrible teams drastically undervalue their future draft picks, so it makes putting together a stupid good team trivial. I think if they fix that, and make it so that the top 3 players in the draft consistently go 1, 2, 3 rather than spread out throughout the top 10 every single year (when even mediocre scouts can identify the top 3 easily for your team) they may be on to something. Also it's practically impossible for players on your team to get all star nods for some reason, which is kind of annoying in the later years. I went 79-3 in one season simulating every game and I had like 1 all star, no MVP, and no players putting up any significant numbers in any stat. Any top 5 player in the league should be able to do that easily every year, and end up a near lock for the hall of fame. It'd give me a lot more steam in the later years knowing my best players are rewriting scoring records and ending their careers with double digit all star appearances. Plus it really gives you a sense that a player is indispensable to your team when he's actually putting up numbers.

Trading was better in '15, but not exactly good. The myGM mode had a weird gimmick where you could spend points to do "mind control" tricks on other GMs, it was easy enough to ignore but sorta weird.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Volkerball posted:

have you requested a move to the NFL 2k offi- ooooo

This just reminded me of something.

Glumslinger, I'm sure it's way too late to add this to this year's game, but could you pass along a game mode request to the higher ups? In one of the old NFL 2k games (after they partnered with ESPN) there was an exhibition mode where you basically chose (or it might have been randomized and we just cycled it until we got a combo we liked) a Gold, Silver, and Bronze player (ie: Peyton Manning, Aneas Williams, Torry Holt) and then the rest of the team was completely randomized out of players not in a tier. It was a lot of fun and my friends and I played that mode more than anything else so it would be pretty awesome if it came back.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 20, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hope they bring back player fatigue displays without calling a timeout.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I really hope the online play isn't a barely functional mess, both in general and on PC specifically, but who am I kidding.

Glumslinger you guys make a really genuinely awesome game but balls up the online stuff every single year without fail and it sucks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
When we make a logo for a team is it just a bunch of pre-installed images or is it like backbreakers logo creator?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If it's the same thing as the Pro-Am editor they specifically showed and talked about being able to upload your own images.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

Glumslinger spill the beans.

Trading was better in '15, but not exactly good. The myGM mode had a weird gimmick where you could spend points to do "mind control" tricks on other GMs, it was easy enough to ignore but sorta weird.

For a while there was a glitch that if you trade for a draft pick right after the season but before the lottery, all draft picks reverted to one star worth. So swapping picks was insanely easy. I had like the top three picks one year abusing that.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvMrI2rZMw

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
i was gonna skip it this year but the team relocator thing seems fun as hell

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The 3pt shot by Davis :negative:

Stacular
May 22, 2007

IMB posted:

i was gonna skip it this year but the team relocator thing seems fun as hell

I'm so excited to move a mediocre franchise to Seattle, go through ups and downs for 30 years, and subsequently move to Tulsa to establish a natural Oklahoma rivalry. I just want my virtual children to experience my heartbreak too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stacular posted:

I'm so excited to move a mediocre franchise to Seattle, go through ups and downs for 30 years, and subsequently move to Tulsa to establish a natural Oklahoma rivalry. I just want my virtual children to experience my heartbreak too.

I'm just gonna see if the game will let me move the Thunder back to Seattle, to be honest.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

hey glumslinger scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being lovely and 10 being most lovely how lovely will online be this year

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Seriously, I love these games so much but the online play is always loving incredibly broken.

e: The first real trailer is out!

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/635828861087838208

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 24, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mandrel posted:

hey glumslinger scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being lovely and 10 being most lovely how lovely will online be this year

Hopefully very improved, we've worked a lot to try to make more stable and less laggy

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Hopefully very improved, we've worked a lot to try to make more stable and less laggy
What about the dumb exploits? (Half court charges, zig zagging on the 3 point line, spamming pause, baseline being a guaranteed dunk 90% of the time, holding charge under the basket on the park so you can't get boxed out for easy rebounds)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcHuHmfMeE

MY DICCCKKKK

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

Did they fix online leagues to have CPU teams? Last year they had changed it so if you wanted a 30 team league you needed 30 humans. That was terrible.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Nagger posted:

Did they fix online leagues to have CPU teams? Last year they had changed it so if you wanted a 30 team league you needed 30 humans. That was terrible.

Yes

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Added creepy floating nasty mouthguard simulator video in the OP.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I can't loving wait to play it looks great. Hopefully we get some more preview stuff about career mode so I can explode with hype.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
They really need one of the Steve Nash Suns teams in there.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Holy poo poo those clippers uniforms are an abomination

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is it just me or has NBA 2K's face models the past few years seemed puffier than normal. Like everyones faces look like a facial fat slider was up 10 percent higher than it should be.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

If you're like me and you're desperately looking for anything NBA2k related these days, heres a 15 minute breakdown of stuff to see in the #WINNING trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NlZitTfMA

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Somebody needs to move a team to hits rivals city then try to convince their dumb facebook friends its real life. It could be possible if you showed some game footage zoomed way out.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
my body is ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo0RifB2Ew

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just read that 8 of the 12 new classic teams are now known.
12-13 Heat
03-04 Pistons
07-08 Rockets
99-00 Raptors
07-08 Celtics
00-01 Lakers
02-03 Mavs
99-00 Blazers

Really curious who the last 4 will be. I would expect a Nash Suns team if they didn't include the 03 Mavs. Anyone have any guesses? (I'm assuming the new teams will be from 99-00 or later)
edit: Maybe the 11-12 Thunder.

It'd be rule cool if in myPlayer, you could start as a European prospect at the bottom of a Euroleague bench.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 27, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

09 Lakers would be my guess. 04 Timberwolves is also probably a neat choice.

One of those mid-late 2000s Jazz teams would also be pretty cool.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Video on our new tattoo system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc3XFlL-Dbk

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 27, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2k finally delivers on the things that matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

This legit owns a whole loving lot. God damnit if you guys just actually make the online work and maybe crush people with hacked mycareer dudes and stuff online this game is gonna own so hard.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 27, 2015

• Locked thread