Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

There's also the massive VW emissions scandal.

I think this could be a major theme of an upcoming show.

These were the 4-cylynder diesel engines that commercials said were so friendly for the environment that if you drove one of these automobiles instead of a filthy gasoline-guzzler, you could shrink your carbon footprint so much that you could literally burn an entire barrel of crude oil using a ton of coal and still cut down on greenhouse gas. It's like when Lance Armstrong admitted to doping: doping is bad enough. By itself, it's bad. But combined with the fact that he was going out of his way to very loudly protest his accusations and declare his innocence, and it's actually worse.

Doing something bad and keeping your head down is one thing. Doing the bad thing and bragging about how good you are and how you'd never do a bad thing is just wrong.

Thankfully, the peaceful history between Germany and Britain over the years probably means that we won't hear any outdated metaphors for the antagonists of this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

They have a million things to fill a ten minute slot. Stick all the categories on the wheel of fortune and spin it until time runs out.

This would actually be pretty fun.

I'd hope David Cameron Had Sex With A Dead Pig is a large wedge though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Why do you want John to do a story on a subject of which you're already an expert?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

tarlibone posted:

I think this could be a major theme of an upcoming show.

These were the 4-cylynder diesel engines that commercials said were so friendly for the environment that if you drove one of these automobiles instead of a filthy gasoline-guzzler, you could shrink your carbon footprint so much that you could literally burn an entire barrel of crude oil using a ton of coal and still cut down on greenhouse gas. It's like when Lance Armstrong admitted to doping: doping is bad enough. By itself, it's bad. But combined with the fact that he was going out of his way to very loudly protest his accusations and declare his innocence, and it's actually worse.

Doing something bad and keeping your head down is one thing. Doing the bad thing and bragging about how good you are and how you'd never do a bad thing is just wrong.

Thankfully, the peaceful history between Germany and Britain over the years probably means that we won't hear any outdated metaphors for the antagonists of this story.

Your metaphor doesn't really work, but okay.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Irish Joe posted:

Why do you want John to do a story on a subject of which you're already an expert?

Because more people should know.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Also jokes.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
He needs to commit the full 30 minutes to David Cameron.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Don't respond to Irish Joe.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Maybe we should try and get a segment about irish joe on LWT.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SpookyLizard posted:

Maybe we should try and get a segment about irish joe on LWT.

He already did one.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Blatter under official investigation, Pope Francis, Boehner resigns...dude's gonna need 45 minutes.
The Dead piggy head too.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toplowtech posted:

The Dead piggy head too.

Does that really surprise anyone about the ruling classes though?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

IRQ posted:

Does that really surprise anyone about the ruling classes college fraternities though?

There we go.

If you didn't stick your dick into something gross during rush, you were probably in a lame frat.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
My DVR has the show budgeted for 40 minutes, and has since before Boehner broke. Dare I think I somehow scored an interview with the pope?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd love to see an interview with the pope, just so John can roll him footage of nobody recognising him or knowing what he does.

"Is he the guy that runs FIFA?"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'd love to see an interview with the pope, just so John can roll him footage of nobody recognising him or knowing what he does.

"Is he the guy that runs FIFA?"

I don't know. Most people have at least a vague idea of what the Pope looks like, especially with all the media coverage over the last couple of days.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've seen the pope plenty of times especially over the last few days but if you put him in plain clothes next to a few other old guys I probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

tarlibone posted:

I don't know. Most people have at least a vague idea of what the Pope looks like, especially with all the media coverage over the last couple of days.

Only because he's wearing the pope getup.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Show starts tonight at 11:07pm. Yes seriously.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
To the surprise of three people:

@timcarvell: Partial list of animals mentioned on tonight's #LastWeekTonight: beavers, dolphins, ravens, kittens, horses, one very unlucky pig.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Tactical Pope.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Please tell me this scene is canon on Days of Our Lives.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that days of our life sequence was fantastic :3:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
EJ looking directly at the camera and saying her name was the funniest part of the episode to me for some reason

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
It made me feel uncomfortable tbh, turning it into something for the studio audience to laugh at.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Exclamation Marx posted:

It made me feel uncomfortable tbh, turning it into something for the studio audience to laugh at.

You just know that Noujain is going to lose her poo poo when she eventually sees it, that alone makes it all worthwhile.

Edit: Here's a few interviews with her, following her attempts to get to Germany to be reunited with her brother. Some of the segments reuse footage so the first few minutes get repeated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2mJwFwoeA

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 28, 2015

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

I didn't laugh at that, I cheered

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
The old "do not read comments" rule is especially relevant for the main segment this time, christ.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You just know that Noujain is going to lose her poo poo when she eventually sees it, that alone makes it all worthwhile.

I kind of hope they flew a copy of the tape over to her, that idea makes me happy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sbaldrick posted:

I kind of hope they flew a copy of the tape over to her, that idea makes me happy.

She's been reunited with her brother in Germany so at the very least she'll have seen it on youtube by now :3:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Cancel this fuckign show so I can get my Bugle back

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She's been reunited with her brother in Germany so at the very least she'll have seen it on youtube by now :3:

Well now I hope there is a video of her break downing and crying that John uses to show that the world is a good place.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

UP AND ADAM posted:

Cancel this fuckign show so I can get my Bugle back

Andy is the worst and while the Bugle is good as in spite of this I'll take LWT every time over Bugle.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZoninSilver posted:

The old "do not read comments" rule is especially relevant for the main segment this time, christ.

Yeah I just finished watching the YT upload of the main segment and came here to post this. You'd think there'd be at least one person commenting about how happy that girl is going to be when she sees that clip, but nope, it's all just "ACTUALLY migrants are bad because (several paragraphs of pure racism)"

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Exclamation Marx posted:

It was equal parts for us to laugh at and a really amazingly awesome thing to do for her and I can't imagine she didn't just loving love every second of it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Noujain's gonna turn out to be a suicide bomber, isn't she?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I wasn't expecting his bit about refugees to be the show's most disliked video on YouTube since the one about internet harassment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

europe really hates immigrants right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Great episode but I hadn't heard about that camerawoman. Who the gently caress kicks a child? What kind of loving supervillian are you? There are very few things that would genuinely lead me to violence but watching a woman kick migrant children running from their terrible oppressive countries is definitely near the top.

And of course people hate that segment. Anti-migrant feeling is almost always seated in racism.

• Locked thread