Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
:gas: this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

:gas: this thread and me

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
man i thought this thread had been wrung dry, but then along comes Holyshoot, come to tell us that we shouldn't feel good about not wanting to gently caress children. what a time to be alive

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

kill yourself

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Hy_C posted:

as a reminder this is what they look like

Somehow I forgot that when they decided to "sanitize" the Elin, they almost made it worse by changing the creepy string-and-postage-stamp lingerie to stuff that's barely less-sexualized but also looks even more halfassed, on top of them being creepy pedo fapbait in either version.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zizi posted:

Somehow I forgot that when they decided to "sanitize" the Elin, they almost made it worse by changing the creepy string-and-postage-stamp lingerie to stuff that's barely less-sexualized but also looks even more halfassed, on top of them being creepy pedo fapbait in either version.

The ears are just one more step to being hosed up. Not enough being creepy pedo-bait, it has to be creepy furry pedo-bait.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

SumYungGui posted:

The ears are just one more step to being hosed up. Not enough being creepy pedo-bait, it has to be creepy furry pedo-bait.

True, but I remembered the ears thing. Though honestly I don't care that much about that, though you're right that it just exacerbates the other problems.

But then again I find Tera's sexualization of EVERYTHING extremely creepy, to be honest. The best you can say for it is it's weirdly egalitarian, since the guys look just as weirdly sexual as everything else, and the big stocky dragon girls(and guys) are hanging out of their armor just about as much as the creepy loli-furries and strange succubus-ladies. But... that's not really a good 'bright side' to have.

Mind, I believe that humans are inherently sexual creatures and sexulization of just about anything is at best, very hard to avoid (at least on some level), but Tera is kinda :barf:

EDIT: Though at least it's not like that other MMO I can't remember the name of, that had really weirdo bondage-mecha as a major feature. That made Tera look positively normal. :gonk:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zizi posted:

EDIT: Though at least it's not like that other MMO I can't remember the name of, that had really weirdo bondage-mecha as a major feature. That made Tera look positively normal. :gonk:

Hey at least they are of legal age... maybe... possibly?

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
drat it, I should have known someone here would know exactly what game I was thinking of. I was so proud I'd successfully repressed the name.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hey at least they are of legal age... maybe... possibly?

Nope! :v:

Zizi fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 26, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Speaking of terrible armor, AA finally put out a women's costume that wasn't a panty-exposing miniskirt. Behold the Arrogant Duellist:

Nice pants.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you would have to be a pretty arrogant duelist to expose all that.

I feel this thread will never die, just forever be a meeting place for the same 10 posters

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
There is a population of goons that rove every early access, near launch, exclusive and hardcore multiplayer videogame like a mysterius band of barbarians. Raze and pillage the server for a few months and move on to the next korean mmorpg. There hasnt been one on the scale of AA since... well Archeage. Just gotta wait for the next terrible game to come out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Fauxtool posted:

you would have to be a pretty arrogant duelist to expose all that.

I feel this thread will never die, just forever be a meeting place for the same 10 posters

pacos bill really likes this game ok

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He deserves AA

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Speaking of terrible armor, AA finally put out a women's costume that wasn't a panty-exposing miniskirt. Behold the Arrogant Duellist:

Nice pants.

i don't even care about the thong or midriff but the underboob thing irritates the heck out of me, it just looks so aggressively dumb, like it's one straight cut line

as for Tera i don't mind the sexualization of both male and female species that look like loving adults, if i have to play a near naked lady, i appreciate it if the dudes have to play slutty men too. MGSV does this pretty well between all the man rear end/Snakes skank outfit and Quiet imo

quiet owns btw

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 26, 2015

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wonder Turbine posted:

Oh hey, it's almost October again, isn't it? Fancy that.

Has it really almost been a year since Meltdown October? It feels like just a few months ago.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Client-side drywall

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bought another $100 credit pack

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011
hay guys is it still ok if i post about archeage in the archeage thread archeage archeage

So the thing in Diamond Shores now is that the two factions have bases they need to level up, by crafting packs and turning them in. The packs use archeum, so you're either sinking a fuckton of your own gold and labor into them or you're stealing them from the reds on the other side of the map. A couple weeks later, most servers probably had one faction pulling ahead of the other by some margin.

Trion announced yesterday that due to a recordkeeping bug they had no choice but to bump both bases on every server up to level 3.

So glad I only made like two packs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There were enough packs turned in to get to level 3 just they weren't counted.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dasyati posted:

So the thing in Diamond Shores now is that the two factions have bases they need to level up, by crafting packs and turning them in. The packs use archeum, so you're either sinking a fuckton of your own gold and labor into them or you're stealing them from the reds on the other side of the map. A couple weeks later, most servers probably had one faction pulling ahead of the other by some margin.

Trion announced yesterday that due to a recordkeeping bug they had no choice but to bump both bases on every server up to level 3.

lol this game

VegetableBus
Sep 3, 2015
Err so I came looking to find out which guild was the most active? Or is this thread totally pedos and trolls at this point

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VegetableBus posted:

Err so I came looking to find out which guild was the most active? Or is this thread totally pedos and trolls at this point

There isn't a goon guild anymore. Join Forestcrow, tell Unji Krakenhelper said to invite you.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Remember when Unji was banning FC members for selling their kraken drops to pubbies? That was funny.

Of course I remember pouring over "secret" Wicked meeting recordings to figure out when they would betray us so lol AA does funny things to us all.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

AA looked so good and fun pre-release, but when I tried it it was awful and bland.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

khy posted:

AA looked so good and fun pre-release, but when I tried it it was awful and bland.

How does that make you feel?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jabro posted:

like having sex with children

*joke, please dont ban me

khy
Aug 15, 2005

jabro posted:

Disappointed. I felt like the game had promise but it went to waste.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

khy posted:

Disappointed. I felt like the game had promise but it went to waste.
such is the life of a mmo veteran

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seems the entire genre is going down the drain. Even wow is a shell of what it used to be, the only fun left is nostalgia. Gw2 has fun combat but I get bored of playing it after like 30 mins, then forget about it for a few weeks. At least it doesn't have a sub. Ff14 is pretty boring too, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to explore, tons of invis walls limiting the small zones.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

effectual posted:

Seems the entire genre is going down the drain. Even wow is a shell of what it used to be, the only fun left is nostalgia. Gw2 has fun combat but I get bored of playing it after like 30 mins, then forget about it for a few weeks. At least it doesn't have a sub. Ff14 is pretty boring too, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to explore, tons of invis walls limiting the small zones.

MMO games have never really been great games. They're all grindy to one degree or another and use that as an excuse to string out content over long periods of time. The first time through a dungeon is pretty neat - you see new bosses, mechanics, loot, etc. After that though, it starts to get really old really fast.

For me, it also doesn't help that I'm not in high school/college any more and have actual demands on my time now instead of being able to take infinite time playing video games.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I was in Retard Mafia for a bit, one day I kept getting spammed with raid invites by the guildmaster, I asked him in /g to stop inviting me because I only had a half hour before I had to go do something IRL so I was running some quests and half the guild jumped on my rear end "DON'T YOU KNOW THE RULES?! THE RULES THE RULES THE RULES!"

Apparently if you're in RM and are online, and the guildmaster says it's time for PvP, you have to drop whatever you're doing immediately and come PvP.

So yeah that's why I'm not in Retard Mafia anymore. gently caress that poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, I was in Retard Mafia for a bit, one day I kept getting spammed with raid invites by the guildmaster, I asked him in /g to stop inviting me because I only had a half hour before I had to go do something IRL so I was running some quests and half the guild jumped on my rear end "DON'T YOU KNOW THE RULES?! THE RULES THE RULES THE RULES!"

Apparently if you're in RM and are online, and the guildmaster says it's time for PvP, you have to drop whatever you're doing immediately and come PvP.

So yeah that's why I'm not in Retard Mafia anymore. gently caress that poo poo.

Most people that run MMO guilds are retarded. Myself included. :toot:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Kimsemus posted:

Most people that run MMO guilds are retarded. Myself included. :toot:

kim are you in denver yet

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3mjuef/just_for_fun_how_much_have_you_been_spending/cvfn3it

"Around $23,500. Mostly spent on RNG boxes, giving away stuff. Breaking gear, then quitting and coming back multiple times. At the beginning i only spent around $500, then from January till now it was close to $23k. Video games are a hobby of mine, it's something I enjoy doing."

:stonklol:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Even I'm not dumb enough to spend $23k on stupid games.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

There isn't a goon guild anymore. Join Forestcrow, tell Unji Krakenhelper said to invite you.

God bless.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

DancingShade posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3mjuef/just_for_fun_how_much_have_you_been_spending/cvfn3it

"Around $23,500. Mostly spent on RNG boxes, giving away stuff. Breaking gear, then quitting and coming back multiple times. At the beginning i only spent around $500, then from January till now it was close to $23k. Video games are a hobby of mine, it's something I enjoy doing."

:stonklol:

Aren't hobbies meant to enrich your life and give you some sort of skill, or at least an excuse to socialize? That sounds like saying watching TV is a hobby and not something you do because your fat rear end can't be bothered getting up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Naw, hobbies are just there to distract you from your impending death, along with the death of everyone you love and those who would remember your existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eltoasto posted:

Naw, hobbies are just there to distract you from your impending death, along with the death of everyone you love and those who would remember your existence.

• Locked thread