Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Heresiarch posted:

Is it time for a K6BD thread?

If so, it needs to be named "Kill Six Billion Threads - Reach Heaven Through Posting".

You mean this isn't the six billion demon thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Seeing as it looks like twice-a-week updates might be a thing, it soon will be.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed the latest Poppy update.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-6-page-7/
I'm pretty sure the hovertext lies. Mr Quibble has learned, that's why he continues.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Never have a wanted a tall avatar more than now. :smith:

\/\/\/\/ I'd forgotten you can use php tags in the avatar text now. I'll try that when I get home. :)

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 24, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You can do it yourself if you've got the dosh, You just gotta chop it into pieces, buy avatar changes for all the blocks of it and save the urls of the images, buy the top part last, then use IMG tags to slam it all together.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nuebot posted:

You mean this isn't the six billion demon thread?
it is now

(x)

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I'm looking for a webcomic I read a couple years back, that started out as a very poorly drawn, extremely offensive slice of life comic between a blonde boy and his best friend, a Hispanic (?) girl. "human being" is used as often as "the." After awhile, there's a HUGE twist in the plot and the story changes dramatically. I've been looking for it but can't remember the name for the life of me. Please help goons!

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Oil of Paris posted:

I'm looking for a webcomic I read a couple years back, that started out as a very poorly drawn, extremely offensive slice of life comic between a blonde boy and his best friend, a Hispanic (?) girl. "human being" is used as often as "the." After awhile, there's a HUGE twist in the plot and the story changes dramatically. I've been looking for it but can't remember the name for the life of me. Please help goons!

"It Hurts"? It has its own thread.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oil of Paris posted:

It Hurts!!

It's got its own thread and everything.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Is that the reason why people here always say read past the first 100 pages? I never even bothered to look it up, but I always assumed it was just boring or something.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

mycot posted:

Is that the reason why people here always say read past the first 100 pages? I never even bothered to look it up, but I always assumed it was just boring or something.

Yes.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh no Allison why

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah, the brass path

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

She is continuing to make Good Decisions.

I wonder if that bottle is a factor at this point or if she's just completely fed up.

Also: Usagi :allears:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I'm surprised she didn't gag up whatever awful liquid is in there.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Saraiguma posted:

it is now

(x)

I like how this is actually a story-related joke as well.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

EoRaptor posted:

Never have a wanted a tall avatar more than now. :smith:

\/\/\/\/ I'd forgotten you can use php tags in the avatar text now. I'll try that when I get home. :)

iirc, mods have removed these sorts of homebrew tallavs on sight in the past. no idea if anyone cares these days but heads-up for anyone else thinking about following suit

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Apparently the K6BD guy released some tabletop game rules for his settings. I'm interested but on the other hand it's yet another Apocalypse World hack.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SunAndSpring posted:

Apparently the K6BD guy released some tabletop game rules for his settings. I'm interested but on the other hand it's yet another Apocalypse World hack.

Ja. /tg/ are looking over it right now.

I don't know anything about PBTA. Is it good, bad? Abbadon's given us a class where you get to play an entire gang of hoodlums, is that sort of thing common in *world hacks?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

Ja. /tg/ are looking over it right now.

I don't know anything about PBTA. Is it good, bad? Abbadon's given us a class where you get to play an entire gang of hoodlums, is that sort of thing common in *world hacks?

PBTA is the freshest, hippest indie system of the past five years, tabletop games loves it.

I haven't checked it out yet, playing as a gang/mystic or other highly varying classes is a rare thing but a good sign. Too many hacks bring in traditional class divisions where they don't belong.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hated Dungeon World, though. How similar is it to that?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
here's the terrible secret that tabletop nerds don't want you to know: Dungeon World is not a very good PbtA game. In trying to emulate D&D it gained a bunch of the problems that D&D has and it really drags it down. Monsterhearts and Apocalypse World itself are two super good PbtA games to look at that are emulating genres vaguely related to K6BD (at least from what I've seen, I've only read chapter 1 or w/e they're called) so hopefully it is good! I'm not gonna read that TG thread to find out because I got 6 posts in before people started dropping the fags and lovely 4chan memes.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
PbtA is probably the best choice for K6BD, now that I've had some time to think about it. (I like FATE-based systems better for other things but in this case it's probably not the right choice.) And yeah, Dungeon World attempts to shoehorn it into a dungeon crawl motif and that really doesn't work very well.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hunter, like Jimmie, stays really focused on just a few details now. However, I'm sure that what he's currently doing is going a bit far, even for him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Hunter, like Jimmie, stays really focused on just a few details now. However, I'm sure that what he's currently doing is going a bit far, even for him.

I can safely say I never thought to calculate the perimeter of a compound in death row inmates. .

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So was everyone who died as collateral damage in their fight a death row inmate too? Based on that, and the whole "being a drug lord dealing the world's most pure cocaine" thing, Hunter doesn't really have the ethical framework that makes this necessary any more. And does the presumed logic that "they were condemned to death, this is just an alternate form of execution" still apply when you remove their tongues and chain them to a wall...?

At this point it seems like more of a stylistic decision, and Hunter's been funnelling death row inmates from all over the world for decorative purposes.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The more pressing question for me is why Hunter keeps up an illusion that Jimmy escaped their fight somehow. Is he getting lonely and needs a demon partner?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

nimby posted:

The more pressing question for me is why Hunter keeps up an illusion that Jimmy escaped their fight somehow. Is he getting lonely and needs a demon partner?

Tbf, after what we've seen him do, I wouldn't be absolutely sure he was dead either.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think Hunter is just nuts now.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
:psyduck: The bad decision train in K6BD does not show any sign of slowing down.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RoboCicero posted:

:psyduck: The bad decision train in K6BD does not show any sign of slowing down.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-17/

Allison is doing everything she can to make sure the plot moves forward as fast as possible, she's being smart and clever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

All she has to do is win a game of skill against the most ancient and powerful type of devil. What's the worst that could happen?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-17/

Allison is doing everything she can to make sure the plot moves forward as fast as possible, she's being smart and clever.

Is that an Ebon devil? Jesus, what a mistake.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I know that demon is probably hideously evil and powerful, but I love that it looks like something out of Jim Henson's Creature Shop.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SunAndSpring posted:

Is that an Ebon devil? Jesus, what a mistake.

On the bright side, if she loses she only has to give up some of her universe shattering cosmic power.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

wiegieman posted:

On the bright side, if she loses she only has to give up some of her universe shattering cosmic power.

That she doesn't even want anyway. What a steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am curious as to what that thing's deal is. After all that buildup to ebon devils in the post-comic lore, we get one, and boy does he not look like what you would expect (or indeed the concept art of one, though that might not be canon anyway seeing as it also gold and verdant devils in the reverse of where Drule did). There is no way it isn't bad news, it's just a question of exactly what form of bad news and how much. Besides "a lot", I mean.

• Locked thread