Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Did Walfas even go to this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
No, he's since moved on to anime idols, although he was kind enough to update create.swf with LoLK characters.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

leather fedora posted:

So did no one in this thread go to Touhoucon?

Still morbidly curious about the Walfas and the "fandom into career" panels.
I was only there for marasy, though I'd have skipped those panels regardless.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

No, he's since moved on to anime idols, although he was kind enough to update create.swf with LoLK characters.

He's an Aikatsu Ojiisan in the making. :(

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Is there a summary somewhere of what LoLK's story is actually about?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Here you go, from way earlier in the thread.

Clarste posted:

Okay, here's the plot (I think):

Junko is a former Lunarian who has a grudge against Chang'e (although she doesn't even care why anymore, since she purified her own grudge and is now pure grudge). Chang'e is locked up in the Lunar Capital at all times, so she can't reach her. She came up with a plan get her to move by laying siege to the Lunar Capital with purified fairies, who are made of pure impurity (life energy). When the Lunarians are forced to evacuate, she'll have an opportunity to attack Chang'e while she's being transported. She didn't have any fairies on the moon though, so she called in her good friend Hecatia, a god of Hell, who's always in favor of some sweet sweet vengeance. Clownpiece is a minion of Hecatia's, who's being borrowed by Junko. The moon has no atmosphere or plants or anything, but Clownpiece loves it anyway because it's better than Hell.

The Lunarians responded to the encroaching impurity by moving to the Dream World (which I guess doesn't really count as moving), where they created a perfect replica of the Lunar Capital out of dreams, and most of the residents don't even realize they've moved. Junko predicted this though, so she got Hecatia to help out on that front too with more fairies. Anyway, the Lunar Sages (apparently including Sagume?) realize that they're losing this battle, so they come up with a plan to move the Lunar Capital to Gensokyo, just in case (which would kill everyone there, but whatever). This plan revolves around Sagume's powers, which is to change the world with her words. She's basically a super amanojaku god who can only tell lies. Not because she's a liar, but because the world hates her and makes anything she says untrue. Reality warper tier. So she made the Power Stones from ULiL, which have a bit of her power to make untrue things true. When worse comes to worst, she can trigger them at any time by spreading a rumor about the Lunar Capital, which would immediately cause it to materialize in Gensokyo and purify the surrounding area (ie: kill everyone).

Eirin doesn't want that though, so she sends purified-through-drugs protagonists to the moon via the Dream World. Sagume realizes that they don't give a poo poo about impurity, so they can attack Junko's base directly. And then they do, the end. Junko is ultimately satisfied with the resolution because frankly she thought winning like this would be too easy, and she's glad that the Lunarians are still crafty enough to stop her.

However, this doesn't cover the Extra stage, so here goes:

Junko already anticipated the Lunarians entering the Dream World, and so got Hecatia to be the one to trap them there. Sagume realizes something is wrong because none of the evacuated Lunarians are returning and so comes to ask the protagonists for help.

They go in, find Hecatia, and beat her and Junko up. Afterwards Junko admits she's been defeated for real and Hecatia lets all the Lunarians in the dream world go. Junko also says she's interesting in meeting and talking to Eirin in the flesh, and so off they go.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 24, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
For the record, my description of Sagume's power turned out to be inaccurate, or rather it's much more complicated and has more to do with changing fate than changing reality.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
If we're discussing moon plot, here's what I don't get about IN.

Kaguya got banished to Earth for centuries for the crime of drinking the Hourai Elixir and granting herself immortality. But Eirin only remained on Earth because she chose to burn her bridges and stay with Kaguya when she found out that Kaguya was happy on Earth.

If Eirin wasn't punished equally for crafting the Hourai Elixir to start with, does that mean the elixir had some legitimate purpose? If so, what was it?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It was just another failure on the journey to creating the ultimate alcoholic luxury.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's all politics. Eirin is a vitally important leader figure on the moon whereas Kaguya is one of like, a million princesses of the moon. How many princesses does the moon even have?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

It's all politics. Eirin is a vitally important leader figure on the moon whereas Kaguya is one of like, a million princesses of the moon. How many princesses does the moon even have?
You know what they say - "a princess in every rock and every blade of grass".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

To be fair, it's not like Kaguya got punished for her role in creating the elixir either. It was only after she drank it she was exiled, and then a few years later she was forgiven.

If anything Kaguya and Eirin are criminals for disobeying orders to come back to the moon, rather than actually anything to do with the hourai elixir.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There's some mention of the Lunarians using the elixir to torment the people of Earth (make them fight for it and stuff?), so I guess that's considered a legitimate purpose.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
And another Lunarian story comes and goes without discussing Sakuya and Eirin. ZUN! :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space Flower posted:

And another Lunarian story comes and goes without discussing Sakuya and Eirin. ZUN! :argh:

Sakuya has silver hair and red eyes (in EoSD). Sagume has silver hair and red eyes.

Coincidence!!?!?!?

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Space Flower posted:

Mima will explain it all in the next game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sakuya has silver hair and red eyes (in EoSD). Sagume has silver hair and red eyes.

Coincidence!!?!?!?

"Whoops, thought you were Sagume for a second. Nevermind, it wasn't important."

And now we know the real story behind Eirin's surprise.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Coincidence!!?!?!?

You may be onto something here. Did you know Sagume's defeat sprite is sitting unused, in the code? WHAT is ZUN hiding?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hokuto posted:

If we're discussing moon plot, here's what I don't get about IN.

Kaguya got banished to Earth for centuries for the crime of drinking the Hourai Elixir and granting herself immortality. But Eirin only remained on Earth because she chose to burn her bridges and stay with Kaguya when she found out that Kaguya was happy on Earth.

If Eirin wasn't punished equally for crafting the Hourai Elixir to start with, does that mean the elixir had some legitimate purpose? If so, what was it?

It's brought up that the point is to cause trouble on Earth by offering temptation to people.

Basically Lunarians are dicks.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Clarste posted:

There's some mention of the Lunarians using the elixir to torment the people of Earth (make them fight for it and stuff?), so I guess that's considered a legitimate purpose.

Dr Pepper posted:

It's brought up that the point is to cause trouble on Earth by offering temptation to people.

Basically Lunarians are dicks.

This explains a lot. Thank you!

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Suenteus Po posted:

Mima will explain it all in the next game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think there was a stream ZUN was in recently and he said something like "Enough with Mima please".
We're probably onto him.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah, people in niconico were spamming the TGS livestream with her until Zun said "no Mima". RIP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

C
L
O
W
N
P
I
E
C
E
O
F
S
H
I
T

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

C
L
O
W
N
P
I
E
C
E
O
F
S
H
I
T

We've been over this several times. Clownpiece is good.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Space Flower posted:

Yeah, people in niconico were spamming the TGS livestream with her until Zun said "no Mima". RIP.

We are the reason Mima will never appear again.

:smith:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Frankly, I'm glad

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Freak Futanari posted:

We've been over this several times. Clownpiece is good.

and

BlitzBlast posted:

We are the reason Mima will never appear again.

:smith:

celeron 300a fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 26, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mima, was too much of a meme-a

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

"mima of poo poo" just doesn't have the same ring to it

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Piece of poo poo

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I feel like I'm one of those guys who are still complaining about Star Wars episodes 1-3 and wish that it had replaced the love stories with more lightsaber battles and replaced gungans with rhodians and had the clone wars involve an army of lobots.

But ZUN, like Lucas, is only interested in his own ideas. Good for ZUN to stick to his ideals... they keep things fresh.

Only when Disney picks up touhou from ZUN will we definitely see some serious audience pandering.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Space Flower posted:

I want my
mima back
mima back
mima back
mima back
mima back
mima back
(imagine me spamming this for 2000 more lines and getting probated)
barbeque sauce!

(the reference)

celeron 300a fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 26, 2015

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Mima is good and will be back exactly when she needs to be (the next game)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yes, stuck in the eternal "next" that never materializes. Very appropriate.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I trust in Nages' insider knowledge, so I believe Mima will return.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I've never actually bothered to play the PC98 games, should I? (Given that clearly Mima will never appear on a modern computer architecure :v:)

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Redmark posted:

I've never actually bothered to play the PC98 games, should I? (Given that clearly Mima will never appear on a modern computer architecure :v:)

Yes. #5 is my favourite.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
From weird fan art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am glad ZUN vindicated easy mode for lolk, maybe i'll beat it now