Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

At 22:49 PST, I was able to create an alt on Excalibur.

If you need to create a character on that server, might be a good time to take care of it now.

You could make one almost all week man. Dead game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TwistedNails posted:

You could make one almost all week man. Dead game!

Pack it in. Let's go play wildstar.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Imagine the rage if those elins got the miquote butt nerf

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

Imagine the rage if those elins got the miquote butt nerf

Small butts > big butts tho

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010
And here I was thinking that the upset goons had let the topic drop, but here it comes after about 10 days/15 pages ago.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

KaneTW posted:

you are an incredible font of bad opinions

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Touchfuzzy posted:

And here I was thinking that the upset goons had let the topic drop, but here it comes after about 10 days/15 pages ago.
It's goons. We'll be energy beings in a dying universe, where Terra and even our galaxy itself are long forgotten, and somebody's gonna bring it back up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Touchfuzzy posted:

MGS5 has been out for a while and all the easy levels of mario maker have been done so they are probably just bored now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Touchfuzzy posted:

do you know what encourages people the most to keep things going

when people post what you post or are like 'ITS OVER STOP POSTING'

that kind of stuff

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I'm trying to install FFXIV from Steam, and the launcher tries to download the patch files (~5.8 GB) but it keeps timing out. I've been trying since last night to get it to download...

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

That was a lot of pony and alexander farming.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Vinlaen posted:

I'm trying to install FFXIV from Steam, and the launcher tries to download the patch files (~5.8 GB) but it keeps timing out. I've been trying since last night to get it to download...

Use the regular launcher not Steam?

Bulk Slabhead
Oct 18, 2013

KaneTW posted:

butts tho

Agreed

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ActionZero posted:

Does it look better then the model it steals from?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Holyshoot posted:

Does it look better then the model it steals from?

I think so. It is mostly just a reskin but it has a neat bone crest attached to its head, and the recolouring of everything else makes for a cooler look imo,

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ActionZero posted:

I think so. It is mostly just a reskin but it has a neat bone crest attached to its head, and the recolouring of everything else makes for a cooler look imo,

Nice. I'll have mine in a month or two passively doing exdr's to cap and savage alex 1 and 2. Currently at 105 clears as a DRK.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Nice. I'll have mine in a month or two passively doing exdr's to cap and savage alex 1 and 2. Currently at 105 clears as a DRK.

If expert roulette counted, you'd see a lot more of the tank mounts around. Things that count:

- Extreme primals
- Coil and savage coil (except turn 3)
- Alex and savage alex

Probably your best bet for passively going after the tank mounts is normal alex, with the occasional unsync pony farm or 8-tank unsync turn 4 to go at it more actively.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vil posted:

If expert roulette counted, you'd see a lot more of the tank mounts around. Things that count:

- Extreme primals
- Coil and savage coil (except turn 3)
- Alex and savage alex

Probably your best bet for passively going after the tank mounts is normal alex, with the occasional unsync pony farm or 8-tank unsync turn 4 to go at it more actively.

Well poo poo. Guess it will be a bit longer.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Use the regular launcher not Steam?
I've tried launching it from the directory but it didn't help at all.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ActionZero posted:

Grats.

They still should have gone with a tiger though. :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So were battle temple leves made not crap? I'm almost finishing off my last 50 and I'm incredibly OCD about ensuring I don't "lose" leves by being at the cap.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm level 48 now, trying to get to 49 to continue the main story. What should I be doing to gain levels? Doing fates in North Thanalan over and over? That is what a lot of sites seem to recommend, but is there a smarter/faster way to do things?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
If you have rested experience you can run darkhold or if you hate yourself AV. Joining the bot train in N.Thanalan is pretty good too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leal posted:

So were battle temple leves made not crap? I'm almost finishing off my last 50 and I'm incredibly OCD about ensuring I don't "lose" leves by being at the cap.

The large scale leves at the 58 area are going to give around 150k a pop. If you have someone who is level 60 to run in with you to just clean poo poo up, you can clear a lot of experience fast. You are still nowhere near getting the amount of experience you would if you were to do individual ventures, but you still get a drat big chunk for not much of your time if you have a ton of extra to burn.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

KaneTW posted:

stop being so loving wrong

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Kitfox88 posted:

stop being so loving wrong

Pedophile favors small butts, what's next, he's gonna call animated little girls from a Korean mmo sexy???

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

So I'm level 15ish in various classes now and my bags are full of randomly dropped mats and fish. I've tried crafting and while the system is better than any other MMO it still doesn't seem worth it to level, is there any chance I will regret vendoring this poo poo? Or is it easily purchased or farmed if I ever decide to craft in earnest?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Remy Marathe posted:

So I'm level 15ish in various classes now and my bags are full of randomly dropped mats and fish. I've tried crafting and while the system is better than any other MMO it still doesn't seem worth it to level, is there any chance I will regret vendoring this poo poo? Or is it easily purchased or farmed if I ever decide to craft in earnest?

Diremite webs are worth a good chunk of gil, but just about every other drop at that level is buyable from a materials vendor in the FC house

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Keep any Tiger Cod and Rothlyt Oysters you gathered, those can be turned into food that boosts your crafting.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Remy Marathe posted:

Look things up on the market boards to be sure, but most of that stuff is generally so common that it doesn't sell for more than you'd get from a NPC vendor because it's so common

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

In general I keep any High Quality stuff and toss the rest.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Remy Marathe posted:

In general anything like that, which is randomly dropped below L15, is going to be available for purchase for pennies from city or housing NPCs.

A good thing to do as you're levelling, whenever you want to clear your inventory, is to head to one of the city markets and find the bell for your retainer. When you're in the window to put things up for sale you can check the price history of anything you might want to sell letting you decide right then to keep or MB stuff or just sell it off to an NPC just a few steps away. It's faster then manually searching for prices in the market board.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Material lets you tell what is and isn't available from a vendor. In general though, anything that comes from above a level 15 mob/gathering point/etc.. won't come from a vendor. There's exceptions that tend to come from the beastmen vendors, but they're not available until like 42 or something.

Get to 17 and you can unlock retainers which give you extra storage space and the ability to sell stuff on the MB. It's worth selling even low-level crap at times because people will pay 500g each for something you can buy for 5.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just got stuck in CC with a level 40 dark knight who didn't have Darkside (as in, had literally not done a single job quest) and an astrologian who didn't use cards because he "didn't need them".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Just got stuck in CC with a level 40 dark knight who didn't have Darkside (as in, had literally not done a single job quest)

They should lock dungeons until players do the job class quests that are available in that level range.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fister Roboto posted:

Just got stuck in CC with a level 40 dark knight who didn't have Darkside (as in, had literally not done a single job quest) and an astrologian who didn't use cards because he "didn't need them".

You got me beat. My worst experience today was Tam-Tara with a tank who pulled 1-2 mobs at a time, and cleared every side room, while the healer cast cure every 5-10 seconds. Longest 30 minutes of my life.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Best I've had recently was an Astrologian who used Collective Unconscious on cooldown regardless of anything else that was happening. Like being the Aetherochemical Bomb carrier.

ed: Wait. No. The Dragoon who'd regularly RP-walk wander off in the middle of fighting dudes counts. I forgot about him.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 27, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I had a WHM that insisted on keeping regen up on everyone at all times. I don't know wtf he did for MP.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

ArtIsResistance posted:

Pedophile favors small butts, what's next, he's gonna call animated little girls from a Korean mmo sexy???

I play mgsv for a week or so and this is the archeage thread? Also, its the EYES you morons. Disproportioned eyes indicate that a character is a child, which is why the jrpg genre is disturbing (no matter the quality of the particular game) and freaks who dig the character models are probably on that FBI watch list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Remy Marathe posted:

Nope. Vendor that poo poo or do enough of the main story quest to unlock retainers so you can bank all this garbage you should vendor anyway.

• Locked thread