Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Mickolution posted:

That's all correct, though.

TelekineticBear! posted:

nothing wrong with this imo

He's not Spanish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

He's not Spanish

he is a Spain striker tho

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Mourinho length sentences. big balled. hairy sack. stonking caveman. Unlike Wenger with his lilting cadences and candy rear end allegories.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'll give you three guesses as to who wrote this and the first two don't count:

Come on, just guess posted:

Mourinho is fundamentally correct here. Sure, Costa is inarguably a bastard who regularly toes, stomps, and hops back and forth over the line of allowable physicality. He’s a habitual line stepper. His infractions should be spotted better by refs and he should be punished for them when spotted, but it’s incumbent on each individual player not to fall into his trap, lest he find himself like Gabriel. And while the kind of face-groping and slapping that he inflicted on Koscielny certainly shouldn’t happen, the basic tactic of provoking opponents is and always will be a part of a sport that can swing so dramatically on a referee’s whistle. It is, as Mourinho pointed out, a part of the entertainment.

Which makes the more histrionic responses to Costa’s acts so eye-roll inducing. Costa’s not the worst thing to happen to the British game, just like Luis Suárez wasn’t when he was on the other end of the spectrum, quick to be driven into fits of madness by the behavior of defenders. Mourinho himself is such a revered figure in England precisely because he so unabashedly uses public slights and digs to burrow into other managers’ minds with hopes of putting them off their games. It can’t be okay when Mourinho does it, or when pundits rightly point out that provocation will be a career-long tactic for defenders facing players like Suárez and Mario Balotelli who’ve shown themselves susceptible to it, and at the same time be tantamount to treason when Costa attempts some of the same shenanigans himself.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hate to say it, but wrong thread. The hand wringing over Costa this weekend has been loving ridiculous.

Costa is an utter bellend, sure, but Gabriel fell for it hook line and sinker and proved he's as mentally weak as the rest of Arsenal. If he'd have risen above it, all that would have happened was a few replays of Costa slapping Koscielny, a retroactive ban of Costa and Arsenal maybe getting a point from what was otherwise a drab match.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 22, 2015

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I'd personally love my club to have players who by sheer force of being on the pitch are able to antagonise opponents into doing dumb poo poo and getting sent off. The arsenal team of the early 2000s would have kicked the poo poo out of Costa if he had tried to pull his antics and all this crying is just pathetic

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

I hate to say it, but wrong thread. The hand wringing over Costa this weekend has been loving ridiculous.

Costa is an utter bellend, sure, but Gabriel fell for it hook line and sinker and proved he's as mentally weak as the rest of Arsenal. If he'd have risen above it, all that would have happened was a few replays of Costa slapping Koscielny, a retroactive ban of Costa and Arsenal maybe getting a point from what was otherwise a drab match.

I don't think anyone is denying Gabriel was an idiot who deserved to be sent off. I think the issue is that Costa should have equally have been sent off on more than one ocassion.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Unironically love those.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
A German without humour? Who would've thunk it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

those comics are usually the drizzling shits but that one was decent

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
if only i had his cloak of invisibility right now...

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
they're all loving garbage

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
costa, and especially gabriel are both uglier irl imo, step up your drawing game

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ugggh I've almost forgotten about Ace of Base

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

euroboy posted:

Ugggh I've almost forgotten about Ace of Base

Lol that's been stuck in my head all day.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Wrong thread on that one right thread on the one before

corpuscollossus fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 22, 2015

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

poo poo Farm posted:

they're all loving garbage

This, they're loving terrible.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mickolution posted:

This, they're loving terrible.

Yep

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
guess the club

You see that up there? That’s one of those rarest of sights, an American donning the shirt of a (ostensibly at least) top-tier European club.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Really unfair to blame a penalty box striker for not scoring when given no support. He had one of the highest median pre-shot dribble distances in the league last year (5th, at 4.35m), so he was getting the ball in bad positions and expected to create something for himself. This is not at all the type of striker altidore is, so he should be expected to improve if he's on a team that actually provides service. How much he will improve is hard to say, as we've seen strikers who succeeded in the eredivisie have mixed results in other leagues, but saying definitively that he won't score elsewhere is absolutely ridiculous.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Goddamm I miss the Jozy thread.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Coohoolin posted:

Goddamm I miss the Jozy thread.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Not as much as Jozy would. If he was trying to click on it, I mean.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

hahah!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
In response to this article by Jonathan Wilson:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/24/brendan-rodgers-liverpool

quote:

Dross from Wilson, he wrote a book on tactics but bases an article about rodgers on snide personality digs.

Do one Jonathan.
But thanks for reading my book "inverting the penis "you massive fur burger.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

article: right thread
comment: wrong thread

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

It’s surely those manuals that led Rodgers to such excruciating gimmicks as his three envelopes in a drawer, or to the time when he met for the first time a journalist noted for his left-wing beliefs and greeted him, not with his name, as Dale Carnegie would have advised, but with the word “Comrade”.

:laffo:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jvd0piczVo

wrong thread?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

I loled :shobon:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol is that actionjackson?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://vine.co/v/OtXZW1H23V3

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU