Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Last night I dreamt there was a Mallard Fillmore animated film and I went to it.

gently caress this thread. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

Technowolf posted:

Boehner touched the black goop and will transform into some hideous creature or possibly develop a chestburster. A Ridley Scott comic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm a little confused by this. Is the general consensus that boner was too close to Obama? That his replacement will be tougher and stronger for the tea party?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm a little confused by this. Is the general consensus that boner was too close to Obama? That his replacement will be tougher and stronger for the tea party?

Boehner was in the same room as Obama.

Obama is still alive.

Therefor Boehner is a RINO.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

The teabagger consensus is that Boehner worked for Obama by refusing to shut the government down until Obamacare was repealed, Clinton was executed for Benghazi, and Obama was deported back to his home country of Kenya.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Last night I dreamt there was a Mallard Fillmore animated film and I went to it.

During the height of the Dobson mock thread I had a dream about Andrew Dobson, that's probably worse

e: I meant Andrew Dobson, bad webcomic guy, but accidentally got his name mixed up with Aaron Dobson, good football man, and I choose to interpret this as a sign of hope for my future w/r/t obsession with bad Internet things :)

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 26, 2015

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Last night I dreamt that I was murdered in a theater.

I think we had the same dream :tinfoil:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Alacron posted:

Last night I dreamt that I was murdered in a theater.

I think we had the same dream :tinfoil:

Mr. Lincoln what are you doing out of bed

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

"Soul Story" is my personal favorite Chick tract, because it's basically a blaxploitation tract. The art is also pretty boss.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0069/0069_01.asp

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

The teabagger consensus is that Boehner worked for Obama by refusing to shut the government down until Obamacare was repealed, Clinton was executed for Benghazi, and Obama was deported back to his home country of Kenya sent to Guantánamo Bay for being a triple-secret communist antisemite jihadist.

Two out of three en't bad.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LingcodKilla posted:

The Republican Tea Party base literally thinks anything resembling any kind of compromise is weakness. They see no downside to obstruction whatsoever. Even shutting down the Federal Government has no negative consequence because the Federal Government is bloated and worthless and can't do anything but waste money and interfere with The Way Things Should Be. They won't even recognize that it's bad electorally. Boehner has a slightly more realistic view of things. Slightly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ZDar Fan posted:

"Soul Story" is my personal favorite Chick tract, because it's basically a blaxploitation tract. The art is also pretty boss.

All his classic tracts have a black version. There are very few tracts that feature characters of different races, though, so this one is special. :allears:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

The Republican Tea Party base literally thinks anything resembling any kind of compromise is weakness. They see no downside to obstruction whatsoever. Even shutting down the Federal Government has no negative consequence because the Federal Government is bloated and worthless and can't do anything but waste money and interfere with The Way Things Should Be. They won't even recognize that it's bad electorally. Boehner has a slightly more realistic view of things. Slightly.

Until of course national parks get closed or White House tours get cancelled or anything happens that moderately inconveniences privileged white folk in which case the government shutdown is a disaster solely caused by Obama.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Not only is there a BYOB subforum, but it just has ten threads in it?

Mystifying.

It was made for all the chatty chat threads from other forums to be moved to and live in, basically. You're not supposed to post new threads in it. :gb2byob:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

ZDar Fan posted:

It looks like Shaft's Big Score... was salvation :angel:

AGC (A Grindhouse Comic)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zerilan posted:

Until of course national parks get closed or White House tours get cancelled or anything happens that moderately inconveniences privileged white folk in which case the government shutdown is a disaster solely caused by Obama.

I'm still mad at the Dems for caving in on flight delays. Sequestration hurt a lot of people, but in particular it made air travel slower, which affected people who weren't poor, so Congress quickly fixed that part and left the rest in place. I wish they had said it was all or nothing, and let the Republicans decide whether they wanted to piss off their base or spite Obama.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

ZDar Fan posted:

Why does he think black people dress like a gang from the Warriors?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Armacham posted:

To be fair, that outfit is only slightly more ludicrous than the costumes that featured in the movies like Coffy.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hodgepodge posted:

It looks like Shaft's Big Score... was salvation :angel:

AGC (A Grindhouse Comic)

Well played

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Armacham posted:

The gently caress you dissin' The Boppers???

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Armacham posted:

Mah Roosevelts!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

immaculate .............

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Is there a chick tract thread or something? How can people remember different ones off the top of their heads?

Are they political enough to be posted for Sunday School? All I've seen is the Moon God panel.

What was that? A Chick Tract? Get an eyeful of the one the "death cookie" phrase came from:

So, yeah. Quite literally "The Catholic Church was secretly started by Satan and every Catholic is going to hell."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

With better resolution, this would be prime avatar material.

Also "The wafer becoming the body of Christ is symbolic. The world being created in six days, though, is completely literal."

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Jurgan posted:

I'm still mad at the Dems for caving in on flight delays. Sequestration hurt a lot of people, but in particular it made air travel slower, which affected people who weren't poor, so Congress quickly fixed that part and left the rest in place. I wish they had said it was all or nothing, and let the Republicans decide whether they wanted to piss off their base or spite Obama.

Keep in mind the flight delays affected the senators directly, as most now had to wait for flights after session closed, so they did the most self-serving thing imaginable.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
edit: can't get the goddamn picture to show up at the top of the post.

What's "it"? What hit the fan?

Hey look, it's time for Chick Tracts' seasonal promotion for Halloween:

https://www.chick.com/seasonal/halloween/2015/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
Happy Halloween!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

bitey posted:

Happy Halloween!

If a child is of the appropriate age to let them make their own decisions, they can pick the propagandized social issue that most appeals to them.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

bitey posted:

Happy Halloween!

Doesn't Chick have a non-zero amount of comics about how Halloween is the Devil's Day and will rape your soul?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

KiteAuraan posted:

Doesn't Chick have a non-zero amount of comics about how Halloween is the Devil's Day and will rape your soul?

There's the vampire one, the serial killer one, the pagan one and the plain old Satan one at the very least

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

Yeah the only proper way to observe Halloween is to stand at your front door yelling at parents and children.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I went to 'holyween' party with my friends at the local crazy rear end megachurch from about 10-12 because they had a great arcade and free pizza, and like 1/5th of the houses in my neighborhood even bothered to give out candy.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm actually mildly surprised that two of the recommendations for foisting those things on children actually involves giving the kids candy. The other choices are appropriately lovely for Chick Tracts.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 26, 2015

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

oddium posted:

immaculate .............

I love you

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Hostile V posted:

I'm actually mildly surprised that two of the recommendations for foisting those things on children actually involves giving the kids candy. The other choices are appropriately lovely for Chick Tracts.

Somebody probably realized that if kids come to your door expecting candy, and you only give them those tracts, it'll just piss them off (like when you get three pennies or a toothbrush). If you give them candy also, maybe they'll read it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Not surprised at all that Ramirez is carrying water for Volkswagen. What a lovely little turd man.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but I want to see Payne's take on the VW situation.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Does that "anathema" thing only apply to Catholics, or do those rules cover all people?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

That's why they hand out this junk on that evil day, to warn people of the dangers of harmless fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

prefect posted:

Does that "anathema" thing only apply to Catholics, or do those rules cover all people?

You can't be a heretic if you didn't start as a believer and "anathema" is just the older word for what is now called excommunication which also requires prior membership in the group.

• Locked thread