Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Anything wrong with the PS4 servers? I can't seem to connect. It's spiutting out Error code: 4b538e50. It was doing this last night, but I assumed it was because NBA 2k just unlocked so the servers were busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is 02-03 Dirk really only an 85 while 07-08 Rondo is an 84?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Tae posted:

Oh my god, please don't tell me the cutscenes are unskippable

They're all entirely skippable, the real challenge comes in sitting and actually watching and seeing how insanely long they go

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The way the announcers go out of their way to talk about what a great guy Frequency Vibrations is kills me. It reminds me of The Room.

Fentry posted:

They're all entirely skippable, the real challenge comes in sitting and actually watching and seeing how insanely long they go

The very first one where Spike Lee is flatly reading his introduction off of cue cards is the only unskippable cutscene I've come across so far. Thankfully you don't actually have to watch Frequency Vibrations' mom talk about how he's the hope of everyone in Harlem.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

It's actually kind of crazy how uninteresting this story is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I miss the Wesley agent from last year. I want to punch Dom in the face.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I just want to state for the record that the storyline for an NBA game involves a 10 minute monologue from a loving ghost

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Rest in power

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

For people with PC getting huge stuttering problems: The game might not actually be using your GPU.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/3mb6yz/psa_pc_players_on_nvidia_gpus_your_game_may_not/

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This is the most Spike Lee thing I've ever seen

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Yeah pretty disappointed in the My Career mode, why did they think the whole Spike Lee thing was a good idea.. Now I am a 7 foot white man with Black parents and a Black twin sister and I come from Harlem? I am only into the rookie season, do you actually ever get to make any choices in this?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Your best friend dies :(

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Good

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
So how far do I have to go in my career to never see Vic again?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Emery posted:

So how far do I have to go in my career to never see Vic again?

Apparently the story ends after your rookie season

The Glumslinger posted:

I know there is a setting on pc to have it all run at 60, I think you want to turn off dynamic v-sync, but that might not be the right option. I'll get you the answer as I do know it is an option somewhere

EDIT: Yeah, turn off dynamic v-sync and that should unlock the frame rate

Also this is a good tip. Averaging like 90 fps now

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Really love the feel this year. Passing is way smoother but it could be because I play on casual and up the speed to 65 because the default is way too drat slow and nothing like real games.

Best thing I noticed is how active the CPU is. I used to be able to half rear end sometimes but now anytime I'd let up, especially on a fast break, they'd break away and take advantage is a realistic way. Really good poo poo. I didn't play 15 much so this could be old.

I can already tell I'm gonna get tried of Curry again this year and that drat finger roll high rear end layup.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dom Pagnotti is the best. Let me hire you already stop talking.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Duggler posted:

This is the most Spike Lee thing I've ever seen

Yep, I remember people being worried like Is this actually going to be Spike Lee, or are they just attaching his name to it.

Nope This thing is Spike Lee as all loving hell and it's fantastic.

But yeah, the Story is just 3 high School games 4 college games, 8 pro games and then free agency.

It spans your first year. Then it's all menu's and cell phones again.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I know there is a setting on pc to have it all run at 60, I think you want to turn off dynamic v-sync, but that might not be the right option. I'll get you the answer as I do know it is an option somewhere

EDIT: Yeah, turn off dynamic v-sync and that should unlock the frame rate

Hey Glumslinger, could you let someone in your office know that nobody playing on PC/steam has their preorder stuff? Last year we got a locker code for preorder items through the steam interface, but this year there's no cd key associated with the game on steam and no other sign or way for us to get it. People have been emailing 2k support but getting some garbage answers about doing a special restart of steam that doesn't do poo poo.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Away all Goats posted:

For people with PC getting huge stuttering problems: The game might not actually be using your GPU.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/3mb6yz/psa_pc_players_on_nvidia_gpus_your_game_may_not/

That's a laptop thing, or if you have a machine with both an integrated and discreet GPU.

So if anyone tries to do the fix and finds those settings don't exist for them, that's why.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Elenkis posted:

That's a laptop thing, or if you have a machine with both an integrated and discreet GPU.

So if anyone tries to do the fix and finds those settings don't exist for them, that's why.

Don't know why everyone's getting such bad PC performance then. My game runs just as good if not better than 2k15.

Also MyCareer really picks up after you're done your rookie season. Free Agency (which you enter right after you're rookie year) lets you do some really basic negotiations for either more money or play time(or both) and once you're in your second year you can decide to spend time either fulfilling sponsorship obligations, doing drills/practice(which are different than the 5 minute mini-games from 2k15) or hanging out with someone from the NBA which I haven't tried yet.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I've fixed my stuttering by switching from Full Screen to Full Screen Windowed. Go figure.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is probably way too early, glum, but is next year going to use the new salary cap?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Fentry posted:

I just want to state for the record that the storyline for an NBA game involves a 10 minute monologue from a loving ghost

No loving way

Tae posted:

This is probably way too early, glum, but is next year going to use the new salary cap?

It already seems to use it this year. In MyLeague there's a slider for salary cap inflation, and without even touching it you end up with like $30 million in cap space in the summer of 2016.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Oh wow. NBA Injury Report is on the social media feed. Y'all should check out their podcast if you haven't already

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ugh, this might be the buggiest game since a few years ago where it would crash after the 1st and 3rd quarter.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
I received the Anthony Davis cover instead of Steph Curry, WORST 2K GAME EVER.

Also please tell me that the 00-01 Kings will be dlc so I can hateplay games against the 00-01 Lakers over and over again.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the great deceiver posted:

I received the Anthony Davis cover instead of Steph Curry, WORST 2K GAME EVER.

Also please tell me that the 00-01 Kings will be dlc so I can hateplay games against the 00-01 Lakers over and over again.

The other covers should be inserts inside the case.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This game is so good, I have played like 10 hours already

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm really hoping there's a day 1 patch (not counting on it because lol 2k's PC support) but there's a few issues that are incredibly slogging:

-Announcers just cut out randomly, and don't restart until the next quarter. Every game.
-That image of who you're guarding with all those stats/tips? Literally don't appear at times and worst of all you can't skip it so you're sitting there for a while, just staring at the player until the game's back.
-Random crashes as usual.

Play-wise, they nerfed the poo poo out of pickNrolls.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is passing still a coin toss affair, or can you actually rack up assists this year?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Is passing still a coin toss affair, or can you actually rack up assists this year?

I was throwing assists left and right as Kyrie.

Where the gently caress are the 04-05 Pacers???? Can't have those Pistons in the game without those Pavers.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

I'm really hoping there's a day 1 patch (not counting on it because lol 2k's PC support) but there's a few issues that are incredibly slogging:

-Announcers just cut out randomly, and don't restart until the next quarter. Every game.
-That image of who you're guarding with all those stats/tips? Literally don't appear at times and worst of all you can't skip it so you're sitting there for a while, just staring at the player until the game's back.
-Random crashes as usual.

Yep, I get the first two bugs. But luckily haven't experienced any crashing.

And yeah, offense in general seems way harder, even on the All Star difficulty. Or maybe I'm just used to playing my 94 overall PF and going back to 60 is messing with me.

ALSO if you still have the MyNBA2k15 mobile app you can still get free VC from it for NBA2k16

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

jabro posted:

The other covers should be inserts inside the case.

Yeah i know b-b-b-but it's just not the same :cry:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did they fix it so you can see fatigue without calling timeout or pausing the game?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Did they fix it so you can see fatigue without calling timeout or pausing the game?

yes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know if it's a physics issue or an ai issue, but defenders recover way too quickly when hit by a screen. I mean, I'm talking about those solid blindsided animations that get you a second in previous games but they are already on you like glue.

I assume if I start doing fancy stick moves, it'd help but the button-only people are getting prejudiced :sigh:

Also, I still have no idea why there's two dedicated pass buttons. What's the use for the second one?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
After a few more hours under my belt I've realised the gameplay isn't that much improved, there's still dumb quirks of the game that have been there for years and still haven't been fixed. Also I've started skipping every cutscene, they're atrocious.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tae posted:

I don't know if it's a physics issue or an ai issue, but defenders recover way too quickly when hit by a screen. I mean, I'm talking about those solid blindsided animations that get you a second in previous games but they are already on you like glue.

I assume if I start doing fancy stick moves, it'd help but the button-only people are getting prejudiced :sigh:

Also, I still have no idea why there's two dedicated pass buttons. What's the use for the second one?

Y/Triangle is a lob pass, B/O is bounce, A/X is random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Tae posted:

My experience so far with this is hit and miss, sort of. If you match up against a player who has that 'bad at defense' tip where it tells you to run pick n rolls, pick n rolls are the only thing that works and they always work. If you try to run plays the other four guys on your squad suddenly get brain damage. If they don't have that, the pick n roll never works at all on them.

Other than that, my biggest irritation this year is that leaning shots seem to happen at random sometimes, like I'll catch a pass on the perimeter coming off a pick and my guy will just shoot a fadeaway for no reason which instantly drops the quality to like a D-.

Also, MOVE THE BALL IT'S STICKING TOO MUCH

• Locked thread