Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Just traded:

My AJ Green, Eric Ebron, and Dez Bryant

For

Megatron and Tyler Eifert

I win, yeah?

I'd say so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

89 posted:

I personally view Megatron as a significant upgrade over AJ Green.

Really? You probably had your pick of either of them when you drafted Green, right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

BigFactory posted:

Really? You probably had your pick of either of them when you drafted Green, right?
Nope. I picked 4th. Heart breakingly, Julio went one pick before me. So, these were the best WRs on the board at my spot in the 2nd:

AJ Green
TY Hilton
Emmanuel Sanders
Mike Evans
Alshon Jeffrey

89 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 27, 2015

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Is Sam Bradford droppable?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Knile Davis would end up in some kind of grim McKinnon/Asiata timeshare if Charles was out for more than a game or two because most running backs are really interchangeable

Uh, what? Knile Davis is a legit RB1 who's just stuck behind an elite RB. The reason we know this is precisely because Charles has gotten hurt before and Davis has gotten a chance to step up and has stepped up big.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea Davis definitely proved he can be a bellcow. He wouldn't be in a committee.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's also not unusual for both Charles and Davis to have 20 points each....in the same game.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
Would you guys start Allen Robinson over Stevie this week? NFL standard scoring. I know Jacksonville will be airing it out a lot this week but I'm not sure if new England's secondary is enough reason to not start ARob.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I do like Allen Robinson a whole lot this week.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
1 PPR and I've got the following options for my RB2: Melvin Gordon, Devonta Freeman, and T.J. Yeldon. I feel like I've over-thought this and now I'm stuck. I want Gordon to hit his breakout game but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes run defense holds tomorrow. On the other hand Freeman is going to be taking over for Coleman as Atlanta's primary back, but I don't have a good read on the match-up beyond that. Any advice?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Doppelganger posted:

I jumped off the bandwagon after last week. gently caress that poo poo, I'd rather stream my QB's.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have no idea about Perriman being drop prone or not but I think the Ravens showed w/ Torrey Smith that they will start a drop prone guy if he is a burner who can stretch the field. Stretching the field opens up the running game for them. I'm more excited for Forsett/Taliaferro once Perriman starts playing than I am for Perriman.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

Would you guys start Allen Robinson over Stevie this week? NFL standard scoring. I know Jacksonville will be airing it out a lot this week but I'm not sure if new England's secondary is enough reason to not start ARob.

I like Stevie if Green is out, but Arob is going to be a garbage time hero this year.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Doppelganger posted:

It's early to be cutting bait with Bradford. I think the Eagles will figure something out. I couldn't blame you for benching Bradford until he shows you something or, if you have a short bench, dropping him.

fun fact: Bradford is only 3 fantasy points behind Andrew Luck on the year.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Dren posted:

Not so fun fact: I was probably going to take Luck 1.2 in my startup keeper league, the guy with 1.1 showed up like 2 minutes late and autopicked ADP. 6PTD, 1PPR. Took AB84, very happy with that. Then I got AROD at the bottom of the 2nd.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ohhh cool we're stashing Perriman in case he becomes a poor man's version of a player who was unreliable to use week to week and would drive owners insane.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dren posted:

Predraft I said "bradford will be as good as luck this year so long as he stays healthy" and i loving nailed it :cool:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Ohhh cool we're stashing Perriman in case he becomes a poor man's version of a player who was unreliable to use week to week and would drive owners insane.

Never understood the perriman stash hype

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Spoeank posted:

Torrey Smith was a poor mans Torrey Smith. Those stashing Perriman are hoping he's a rich mans Torrey Smith.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The same thread that says trade/drop Dez is saying stash Perriman :iiam:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Torrey wasn't so bad to figure out. Sit him the first six weeks of every year, then start him for the rest.

But yeah they drafted Perriman to be better than Torrey. They have a decent track record identifying talent recently, so I'm on board until I see otherwise.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
[serious]Way more worried about Bradford staying bad than Luck staying bad[/serious]

Where does the hype on Perriman come from?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I think I'd rather stash DGB than Perriman.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Torrey wasn't so bad to figure out. Sit him the first six weeks of every year, then start him for the rest.

But yeah they drafted Perriman to be better than Torrey. They have a decent track record identifying talent recently, so I'm on board until I see otherwise.

Torrey Smith is literally the best wr they ever drafted don't give Baltimore the benefit of the doubt when it comes to wrs

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've got Vinatieri as my K and these kickers are available in my league:

Folk (NYJ) v PHI
Gould (CHI) @ SEA
Scobee (PIT) vs STL
Catanzaro (ARI) vs SF

Should I stay patient with Vinatieri or replace him? Up against a dude with a strong team this week so I'm worried about Vinatieri doing dick for me again.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Keith Atherton posted:

Folk (NYJ) v PHI
Gould (CHI) @ SEA
Scobee (PIT) vs STL
Catanzaro (ARI) vs SF

Should I stay patient with Vinatieri or replace him? Up against a dude with a strong team this week so I'm worried about Vinatieri doing dick for me again.

Do a random number generator 1-5 and pick your kicker that way. That's about as good a way as picking a kicker as any.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Perriman is a way different player than Smith, Perriman would be used more like Dez than Torrey.

His injury and lack of practice is very worrisome though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gyshall posted:

Perriman is a way different player than Smith, Perriman would be used more like Dez than Torrey.

Nope nope nope. Perriman is almost a clone of Torrey Smith, right down to the mediocre to bad hands.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

Folk (NYJ) v PHI
Gould (CHI) @ SEA
Scobee (PIT) vs STL
Catanzaro (ARI) vs SF

Gould, Catanzaro, or Folk. Scobee ain't kickin' no mo since Pitt plans to go for 2 all the time. Gould has the highest ceiling but lowest floor since the offense is dependent on Pickles and the Bears not getting buried the whole game. Catanzaro and Folk are the safe options.

ZIGfried posted:

Do a random number generator 1-5 and pick your kicker that way. That's about as good a way as picking a kicker as any.

This is normally good kicker advice but in this case I think it's helpful to point out that Scobee is a poor option. ;)

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 27, 2015

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Keith Atherton posted:

Folk (NYJ) v PHI
Gould (CHI) @ SEA
Scobee (PIT) vs STL
Catanzaro (ARI) vs SF

This kicker projections thing I look at sometimes says Vinatieri will be the 3rd best kicker this week behind Gostkowski and Hauschka. I don't trust his old rear end though.

edit: and for the record it ranks Scobee the highest out of the rest of those options by a lot. Like 2 spots behind Vinatieri. So if those are your options and you also don't want to go with Vinatieri maybe go that way?
edit2: lol I forgot about Pit going for 2 all the time WTF projections

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 27, 2015

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thanks guys I think I'll just stay with Vinatieri to be safe. If he sucks again Josh Brown is available so if I move fast I can pick him up after the Colts game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

Thanks guys I think I'll just stay with Vinatieri to be safe. If he sucks again Josh Brown is available so if I move fast I can pick him up after the Colts game.

If it's any consolation, the Titans blow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gyshall posted:

Also Perriman can't catch a loving football which people are overlooking which might differentiate him from Dez just a tad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

old dog child posted:

If it's any consolation, the Titans blow.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is there going to be any Lacy mess before the early games tomorrow? I don't want to wait until Monday to find out he's not playing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gyshall posted:

What? No

What?? NO

..................what? why do you even...?

no

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Perriman's ceiling is Torrey Smith, then his floor is Stephen Hill. Do not want.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Just sold way low on Andre Johnson but I don't care. Got two players I could've got off the waiver wire last week (Kyle Rudolph and Leonard Hankerson) but I still feel good about it.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Ugh, I'm starting both Jets D and DeMarco right now. Part of me thinks it's a bad idea to bet both on and against the Philly O, but the other part of me knows that if I start the Jets D and bench DeMarco he'll go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
On Yahoo is there any way to see who all put in WW claims on a player, I am the commish and can't find it anywhere.

• Locked thread