Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Buzzsaws for wheels (on the ghost train).
Already done.

I like the specific cars/ghost doors idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Literally just handed the controller to my 5 year old like 5 minutes ago with minimal instruction.

She's drunk with power. Hidden block containing a magikoopa. Chain chomps riding clowncopters.

"I need to put wings on these fish!"

E: Sorry that was table-breaking for a while, the mobile app just sizes everything to look right.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 26, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Otisburg posted:

A pipe that shits out lakitu's clouds (is that possible) for a "smokestack?"

i did this with coins that had wings attached

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quick level I did as a sort of prototype for this idea. What do you think?

Uh-oh! Mixed-Up Gravity Galaxy!

375C-0000-006D-AF08

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Quick level I did as a sort of prototype for this idea. What do you think?

Uh-oh! Mixed-Up Gravity Galaxy!

375C-0000-006D-AF08

I like it. I made a full fledged course with this idea earlier, maybe it will give you some ideas if you decide to go beyond your prototype.

6D49-0000-0053-544B - Gravity Grassland

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I like it. I made a full fledged course with this idea earlier, maybe it will give you some ideas if you decide to go beyond your prototype.

6D49-0000-0053-544B - Gravity Grassland
My hope is to do some sort of story level with Rosalina that ties into Mario Galaxy, where she returns home. But having to use the SMB1 blocks can be limiting, aesthetically. I'll check yours out later!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

8199-0000-006F-1323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqS9EiwaE8

I don't feel like looking up the code for this since I turned off the Wii U after recording it, but if your watching it you don't need the code anyways I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TD5fOYxSWg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The idea was originally that you would wait for Bowser to jump on the bridge with all the P things and he'd fall in but I found I was outrunning him 99% of the time no matter what and he'd despawn and I didn't dare spawn him from the ceiling later on just because I knew other people wouldn't outrun him or something and there'd be two bowsers and then what's the point so I made it an autoscroll. I guess I could of made it like he has a comeback but I think based on some randomness he'll make it to the end of the level anyway. The despawning is still my biggest complaint and it's loving up a lot of my ideas.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also never noticed how faster the star makes you. Was it like that in the NES ones, I don't remember it and the last time I played it I didn't hit any blocks so I wouldnt turn into big mario by accident.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is a cool one. B73D-0000-0047-2D3F.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I also never noticed how faster the star makes you. Was it like that in the NES ones, I don't remember it and the last time I played it I didn't hit any blocks so I wouldnt turn into big mario by accident.

yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star in SMB1 makes you practically supersonic

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:3:

I think they're saying "add some clouds!"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
or maybe the cloud is confused by marios contorted form

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ghooooost train. Ghooooooooost traaaaiiiiiin.

78EE-0000-0071-B4A0

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Now I've unlocked all the costumes available on easy and normal and totally unrelated I want to find every person who made a level where you have to move instantly at the beginning or where doors lead to instant death and force them to beat the item abuse romhack before they get to make another level.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm working on a ghost train level so if anyone has cool ghost train ideas, please share them.

You should make sure that its very spooky

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

You should make sure that its very spooky
You can play it, look up.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

im too scared

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ghooooost train. Ghooooooooost traaaaiiiiiin.

78EE-0000-0071-B4A0

My favourite part was the dinner car with the fire flowers on the tables.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azraelle posted:

My favourite part was the dinner car with the fire flowers on the tables.
Thanks! Someone gave me that idea in this thread.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im making an sjw level

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im building a level called Armenian genocide. you start on a platform and pass by all the graves of dead armenians killed by turkish dogs whilst sad music plays.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

do you still have to wait days to get all the items?? sorry only read the last couple of pages.....................

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

do you still have to wait days to get all the items?? sorry only read the last couple of pages.....................

yea but you can just mess with the time and date in the settings

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

if you keep working on levels they will give you stuff early

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

yea but you can just mess with the time and date in the settings

You also just place a billion blocks and then they'll just give everything to you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

im building a level called Armenian genocide. you start on a platform and pass by all the graves of dead armenians killed by turkish dogs whilst sad music plays.

Please tell me you will spare Anita Sarkeesian.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I made a weed level: 1173-0000-0073-9977

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

D59B-0000-0073-B77F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm--DIAwyWo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
why do the paratroopas also fall into the lava

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

why do the paratroopas also fall into the lava

Because Bowser gets so pissed off about Mario #winning that he takes their power to fly away from them to make them suffer alongside him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

After some experimenting I think I've discovered that once something has spawned on a track, it doesn't despawn. It's not quite as cool as running poo poo on a treadmill though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh but it doesn't collide after leaving the track though...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

7ED7-0000-0075-6E1E. Not quite what I had in mind originally but it's good enough for me I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdqNfjdvz8

Wormskull fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 27, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It takes the custom sound effects out of levels u upload. :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

7ED7-0000-0075-6E1E. Not quite what I had in mind originally but it's good enough for me I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdqNfjdvz8

Cool level

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I really wish this had smw style verticle levels :(

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I really like how SMBU looks but there's something hosed up about it at the same time. It's like all the characters are way too big or something. But I like the tiles a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Otisburg posted:

It takes the custom sound effects out of levels u upload. :smith:

Imagine if your daughter played a level where as Bowser is about to leap out of a pipe or something he growls the N word at the top of his lungs and then a bunch of Koopas come out and yell gently caress you you stinky bitch. I think Nintendo made the right choice frankly.

• Locked thread