Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FauxGateau posted:

Okay imagine if you started hitting on the little girl from the shrine with no parents. That's essentially how dire it is.

No it's actually worse because then the child starts reciprocating you hitting on them.

And then the child you groom gets into fights with people he looked up to if they also wanna date you.

FeMC is a hosed up lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No it's actually worse because then the child starts reciprocating you hitting on them.

And then the child you groom gets into fights with people he looked up to if they also wanna date you.

FeMC is a hosed up lady.

Hey, now, FeMC is great.

Just... as long as you don't take the Ken S Link.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Supremezero posted:

Hey, now, FeMC is great.

Just... as long as you don't take the Ken S Link.

Nah all her unique S. Link characters are awful. New-Chariot got dumped by Kenji, library girl is the most nothing story line in P3's links.

The Akihiko and Junpei are good and cool, but dating Shinji just causes him to suffer more and honestly that's not worth it.FeMC is about as good as MC which is to say they're both kind of lame.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If they played the entire thing off like the kid just wanted a mom instead of also mixing in creepy flirting it wouldn't have been quite as bad. Creepy flirting alone would have been bad. But creepy flirting mixed with the kid mentally thinking of FeMC as his mom? The worst.

I don't really like FeMC more generally speaking because I blame her for P3P locking MC to dumb swords but I seem to remember the Ken s-link being bad regardless of your choices within it. And she's not exactly a great/interesting person otherwise. The Shinji stuff is also dumb, etc.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
oh jeez, THATS the ken link? for 3 I've only played through FES so I've only seen MC's sl's, but that is pretty :stare:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

FeMC is about as good as MC which is to say they're both kind of lame.

Please don't compare regular MC - a cool guy with a great running animation - to the creepy non-canon pedo lady

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
she doesn't actually gently caress him or anything, i think at most she humors him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

We don't need to defend the Ken s-link

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Excels posted:

she doesn't actually gently caress him or anything, i think at most she humors him

Gross

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just take the non-romance path. You can turn him down when he says he has a crush on you and tell him he's like a kid brother to you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want too gently caress ken

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

PeaceDiner posted:

The SMT wiki is pretty good about this, though you'll have to individually go to a demon's page, scroll down to the SMT section, etc. to get the strengths/weaknesses.
For spells, here are SMT spells and here are SMT II spells. If you go down to the bottom of the pages and click "Show" on the Shin Megami Tensei/Shin Megami Tensei II box, then you'll also find links to demon and item lists.

Thanks a lot. This'll definitely make my life easier. Some things regarding description of some demons and spells are missing but overall, I'll take what I can get.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Manatee Cannon posted:

We don't need to defend the Ken s-link

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is library/clinic girl bullied so much?? I do like being able to threaten other girls for making GBS threads on her.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

why is library/clinic girl bullied so much?? I do like being able to threaten other girls for making GBS threads on her.

IIRC she's been held back a year for missing too much school while hospitalized. Idek.

So who preordered DAN?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
You really can't go into a series like persona with a dick chariot, and commercials for diet soda with 15 year old girls in bikinis on television and then pick and choose where else to cringe.

It's all cringe.

it's all anime.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually its quite easy to if u want

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I like the shinji s-link and think FeMC is better and cooler than MC. Fight me.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

You really can't go into a series like persona with a dick chariot, and commercials for diet soda with 15 year old girls in bikinis on television and then pick and choose where else to cringe.

It's all cringe.

it's all anime.

yes you can and there's obviously a difference dummy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you can gently caress Shinji and then gently caress his best friend!!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

SectumSempra posted:

It's all cringe.

it's all anime.

Mara's a thing outside Persona and Rise's a part of an actual aspect of Japanese culture. There's a fair amount of stuff to complain about with Personas 3 and 4 but I don't think saying "Mara lol, idols lol" cuts it.

But even if it did Ken's slink is notably awful and bleugh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dating the grade schooler is a pretty good place to draw a line imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dating the grade schooler is a pretty good place to draw a line imo

nah man. you see there's a big dick in a chariot demon so it's okay, or something

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
if you count up the time ken spent in the dark hour hes actually older than youd think. legal age imo

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I don't understand. You like skateboarding... yet you dislike compound fractures??? lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ken's romance is the equivalent of 327.5 cock chariots

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 27, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
You guys seem to be implying that cock chariots are bad.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Yoya posted:

if you count up the time ken spent in the dark hour hes actually older than youd think. legal age imo

i have frequently wondered about this myself, re: aging faster because of the dark hour

like if they went into the dark hour every day for ten years, that's roughly 2 weeks and change per year added to their age

so they're all like 4-ish months older than they look

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

You guys seem to be implying that cock chariots are bad.

I just wish that some of the more, I dunno, ideologically distinct personae had more of a gameplay impact. Like, using Mara would creep out the people you take into battle because they're all like, "Dang, I didn't know he was all about penis monsters ready to challenge Charlton Heston down the home stretch." And it would negatively effect their relationship values or something. Or an expansion on the idea of using equipped arcana to boost a like-minded social link's relationship.

Some of these figures are pretty big/weighty deals and it would be kind of cool if that weight meant something in the game is what I'm trying to say.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If your reaction to fusing Mara was to cringe rather than laugh uproariously I'm not sure what to tell you.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
One time when playing Raidou 2, I fused Mara and Arioch because how could I not and I think I ended up getting Shiva out of it.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

If your reaction to fusing Mara was to cringe rather than laugh uproariously I'm not sure what to tell you.

e: think of the children

Adlai Stevenson fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 27, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know who's better than FeMC?

The Phantom.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I just wish that some of the more, I dunno, ideologically distinct personae had more of a gameplay impact. Like, using Mara would creep out the people you take into battle because they're all like, "Dang, I didn't know he was all about penis monsters ready to challenge Charlton Heston down the home stretch." And it would negatively effect their relationship values or something. Or an expansion on the idea of using equipped arcana to boost a like-minded social link's relationship.

Some of these figures are pretty big/weighty deals and it would be kind of cool if that weight meant something in the game is what I'm trying to say.

You mean something like this but in reverse?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The only thing using Mara should do is change all the in battle quotes into dick jokes

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

You mean something like this but in reverse?

I can't read moon units but yes

Manatee Cannon posted:

The only thing using Mara should do is change all the in battle quotes into dick jokes

Yes. I think it would be cool if personas could have an impact on personality.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I can't read moon units but yes

Basically, she gave him a new weapon, which he was excited about, but then she starts avoiding him. He confronts her about it, and she's embarrassed that she used Mara to create the gloves and then gave them to him. So he gets rid of them since they're making her uncomfortable, declaring all he needs to protect her are his own fists; Yukari in the last panel notes that the only reason she gave him the gloves to begin with was because he's way lower in levels than everyone else.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Basically, she gave him a new weapon, which he was excited about, but then she starts avoiding him. He confronts her about it, and she's embarrassed that she used Mara to create the gloves and then gave them to him. So he gets rid of them since they're making her uncomfortable, declaring all he needs to protect her are his own fists; Yukari in the last panel notes that the only reason she gave him the gloves to begin with was because he's way lower in levels than everyone else.

Actually yeah that's pretty cool, thank you for the explanation

It's not like earlier Personas took these ideas very far at all but I thought having arcana affinities at least reflected personality. I just feel like the rest of the ideas and the non-MC cast got dried out too much in exchange for making the MCs so versatile.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

W.T. Fits posted:

who doesn't want akihiko to touch them with dick fists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I will always like Belphegor. If they put in party reactions to your summoning persona ala P4G reactions to what you made everybody wear I'd insta-bench anybody with Belphegor related complaints.