Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

NotALizardman posted:

Actually someone suggest me some good yuri manga, because I'm still salty about hanamonogatari.

Virgins' Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

NotALizardman posted:

Actually someone suggest me some good yuri manga, because I'm still salty about hanamonogatari.

I'd recommend the 4-koma about the shopaholic and girl who loves collecting books - Collectors

and also one with a lady that owns a coffee shop and high school girl that visits there a lot? - Omoino-Kakera

I can't remember the name of either series though

Erg fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 27, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lesbian baphomet posted:

and free college probably.

It's not free but it costs substantially less, I believe. Tuition is free if your parents (or your for mature students) income is under a certain amount and you have to take out loans but you don't have to re-pay them until you make over a certain amount of money a year. At least that's how it used to work, I'm not sure if it still does.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 27, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

I'd recommend the 4-koma about the shopaholic and girl who loves collecting books

and also one with a lady that owns a coffee shop and high school girl that visits there a lot?

Isn't the first one Collectors?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erg posted:

I'd recommend the 4-koma about the shopaholic and girl who loves collecting books

and also one with a lady that owns a coffee shop and high school girl that visits there a lot?

the second is chatting at the amber teahouse

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

u think ur better than me punk?

When it comes to rpgs with job systems, I'm a crazy fucker & a loose cannon

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I didn't watch any anime, after all. Instead I tried to make an effort post in the giant robot thread and couldn't come up with anything.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My cousin is going to university in the states and she pays three times as much as I do for tuition.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Collectors and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse (and other things by that author, who I believe also did Wife and Wife?) are both good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not free but it costs substantially less, I believe. Tuition is free if your parents (or your for mature students) income is under a certain amount and you have to take out loans but you don't have to re-pay them until you make over a certain amount of money a year. At least that's how it used to work, I'm not sure if it still does.

Good system.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched some anime today.

The Gatchman finale was good, and I also watched Dirty Pair, which is also good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Gatchaman was good, though I kinda wish they'd left Hajime waking up from her coma up in the air.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

littleorv posted:

My cousin is going to university in the states and she pays three times as much as I do for tuition.

most things are scams here

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

except pizza

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Seafood posted:

Gatchaman was good, though I kinda wish they'd left Hajime waking up from her coma up in the air.

I'm glad they didn't because I hate that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I would've been fine with that change too. A third season would be required though!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

sasameki koto, octave

Sakurazuka posted:

Also Girlfriends

Sorry Corals posted:

Virgins' Empire

chumbler posted:

Collectors and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse (and other things by that author, who I believe also did Wife and Wife?) are both good.

Thank you!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What I really like about BD's endgame is how it's so easy to hit the damage cap, but the real difficulty is in staying alive while doing so.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm fine that they didn't, something about it just...I dunno how to put it.

dogsicle posted:

I would've been fine with that change too. A third season would be required though!
For sure.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm glad they didn't tbh.

I really want a third season either way though!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

the second is chatting at the amber teahouse

I was thinking of Fragments of Love which I'm p sure I completely forgot the plot for

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

For sure.

I am like others glad that Hajime woke up, but I respect that you are deciding independently.

I really hope the second season sells well so we can get a third. The creators are 2 for 2 on great shows and I expect that trend won't change.

Erg posted:

I was thinking of Fragments of Love which I'm p sure I completely forgot the plot for

That is also good and yeah, the plot is kind of hard to follow because the artist, whose style I generally like, has a real sameface problem.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Srice posted:

When it comes to rpgs with job systems, I'm a crazy fucker & a loose cannon

Just in case you have not realized its true power:

Do Not Underestimate The Thief Asterisk.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Collectors author also has that one about the girl in love with a robot that's pretty good although it hasn't really gone anywhere yet.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Bad Seafood posted:

For sure.

at the end of the day it is a stubbornly upbeat and optimistic show, so it makes sense that it has neatly wrapped up happy endings, as simple as those can be.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if i was Inami, I'd punch Sota for offering the grabber to "hold hands"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Umineko has been interfering with my anime time.

I will watch anime tonight.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Srice posted:

What I really like about BD's endgame is how it's so easy to hit the damage cap, but the real difficulty is in staying alive while doing so.

a funny anecdote is that the dark knight skill that attacks 5 times but drains your health for each attack didn't have a 5 attack cap in the original game and would just go until you didn't have the health. which if you used drain sword would be never. so you'd just attack until you won

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lesbian baphomet posted:

What is great about Thief?

dogsicle posted:

if i was Inami, I'd punch Sota for offering the grabber to "hold hands"

Inami is too nice.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Inami is my wife

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't mind it as much if 'ambiguous bittersweet' endings didn't seem like the default for anime sometimes.
Also Gatchaman has always been a relentlessly optimistic show so it would be weird if it ended on a downer.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

Yeah it owns

Cake Attack posted:

a funny anecdote is that the dark knight skill that attacks 5 times but drains your health for each attack didn't have a 5 attack cap in the original game and would just go until you didn't have the health. which if you used drain sword would be never. so you'd just attack until you won

I love hearing about all of the changes. That sounds funny as heck but man, it sounds like playing the original version would be torture in many ways.

Watching battles at normal speed feels like you're playing it in slow motion

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sorry Corals posted:

most things are scams here

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

For the record, I am happy and satisfied things turned out transparently alright for Hajime and friends. I prefaced my "Wish" with "Kinda" because it was just a fleeting thought I had watching epilogue. A thought I can't even coherently express with words, and I wouldn't want anybody to agree with anything I couldn't explain to their satisfaction.

Tarranon posted:

at the end of the day it is a stubbornly upbeat and optimistic show, so it makes sense that it has neatly wrapped up happy endings, as simple as those can be.
Happy endings are good.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What is great about Thief?

The thief capstone skill gives them an ATK buff every time they successfully steal. Life Steal has a 75% base chance of success, and the thief's innate ability doubles stealing rates (so it's guaranteed). Life Steal hits just as hard as a standard attack and heals the thief for 100% of the damage dealt.

Basically, every attack the thief makes is a massive fullheal that also self-buffs their damage by 25% up to 150% and refreshes the buff. They're almost unkillable unless something one-shots them, and are able to maintain consistent and very large damage. Daggers are a trap though, Bow is the better weapon.

I prefer to subclass them with a Spell Fencer to get the most out of their high speed/multiple attacks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I wouldn't mind it as much if 'ambiguous bittersweet' endings didn't seem like the default for anime sometimes.
Also Gatchaman has always been a relentlessly optimistic show so it would be weird if it ended on a downer.
See, done a certain way, I wouldn't call it a downer. More like a promise.

"Hajime will get better. Let's update the world to be ready for her when she arrives."

That kind of thing, maybe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lesbian baphomet posted:

The thief capstone skill gives them an ATK buff every time they successfully steal. Life Steal has a 75% base chance of success, and the thief's innate ability doubles stealing rates (so it's guaranteed). Life Steal hits just as hard as a standard attack and heals the thief for 100% of the damage dealt.

Basically, every attack the thief makes is a massive fullheal that also self-buffs their damage by 25% up to 150% and refreshes the buff. They're almost unkillable unless something one-shots them, and are able to maintain consistent and very large damage. Daggers are a trap though, Bow is the better weapon.

I should maybe have used thieves more often then.

In general I just ended up using the more obvious and boring game breaking combos. Free Lunch + Amped Strike and Stillness in general were more than enough to get me through the game.

Although, by the end game the only real problems were attacks that could one shot everyone anyway.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Manga no Tsukurikata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Although, by the end game the only real problems were attacks that could one shot everyone anyway.

Yeah, for sure, later on you do have to babysit them to make sure they stay alive. But you kinda have to do that with almost any of the damage-primary classes.

• Locked thread